Tfw I thought Mongolian throat singing was a meme

>tfw I thought Mongolian throat singing was a meme
>listen just out of curiosity
>find this:
youtube.com/watch?v=qx8hrhBZJ98
>realize that this man has found true happiness and freedom amongst the Mongolian steppes
>realize he is singing the ancient melody of the steppes
>tfw he's channeling the soul of Ghenghis Khan and his ancestors
>tfw you realize Mongolian throat singing wasn't a meme

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bnii4fCy3uk
youtube.com/watch?v=-qn27GOAkwo
youtube.com/watch?v=nTXtOVaCaOU
adrive.com/public/r9Sp8g/Divine music from the jail.zip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

some of the throat singers are sick AF

i've heard this one lady do 4 different voices at once. insane

It was never a meme. It's just traditional music from that region that is so strange to westerners that it is somewhat off-putting.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bnii4fCy3uk

This is one of the saddest albums of all time, especially if you consider the Oidupaa's biography and his situation at the time. One of those cases where the suffering of the artist actually elevated the music, evident by his kind of shitty second album many years later.

Don't forget the genre's biggest superstars

youtube.com/watch?v=-qn27GOAkwo

PRAISE TENGRI

To give a little bit of context for those who don't know: The album isn't called Divine Music From a Jail for no reason. Oidupaa was imprisoned by the sowjet government for well over thirty years for murder. To this day it is not clear whether he was guilty or if he was just another victim of a political plot, the latter is more probable. He converted to christianity during his time in solitary confinement and essentially lost his entire life. His songs on Divine Music deal mainly with his loss of pretty much his entire life. When he got out, most of the people he used to love where already dead, hence songs like "To My Mother" or "The Girl of the Tes River". I mean, one can only imagine what this man went through when he went out of jail - spending over half of his life in a cell, probably for no reason at all, getting out and finding everything you once knew and loved, your love, your mother, your friends just diappeared, your hometown changed. Eveything passed on. Especially "To my Mother" fucks me up everytime because of this. When he perfomerd his songs later on television he was booed out of off the stage by the audience. At least he got kind of popular when he got out and became a star of Tuvan Throat Singing, which is at least a little bit comforting to know. Still, what a fucked up life.

I've never understood why they don't plant some trees in that wasteland. Is Genghis still there fucking shit up or what?

this album is amazing, i heard he went back to jail even after the sentence he served

They appreciate the minimalist beauty of the steppes

People who think like that should move to Antarctica if the find the lack of life so beautiful.

that's so dope af

reminded me of this: skip to 40 seconds youtube.com/watch?v=nTXtOVaCaOU

Can't find it in the archives. Can you upload this to the sharethread?

flat deserts and salt lakes are some of the most beautiful places on Earth bc of the flatness and minimalism. But people can't live their. Every rose has its thorn. it is beautiful but harmful

you should try google sometimes adrive.com/public/r9Sp8g/Divine music from the jail.zip

Get that shit away from me. I don't trust anyone outside of Cred Forums. Reupload it for me

>wasteland

People like you are embarrassing

kek
turn on your avast norton avg firewall you fag

many memes are born from good content

how do i have two voices at once

get friends to form a band with

Yeah, totally good idea.
Why not bring beavers to Patagonia too, while you're at it?