Produce instrumental music

>produce instrumental music
>try to put out a track or two each month
>have soundcloud, bandcamp, even a fucking facebook page
>literally no one ever listens or acknowledges it

How do I know whether my music is bad or I'm just really bad at marketing and networking?

Other urls found in this thread:

lichen.bandcamp.com
clyp.it/vepytzpv
twitter.com/AnonBabble

post ur music and we'll tell you

this

lichen.bandcamp.com

I'll give a listen OP

Don't just sit there waiting to be discovered. Working musicians spend a lot of time reaching out to labels, publications, other artists, etc. If you can perform live somehow, do that (if you already do that, widen your scope). Collaborate with others.

A lot of that may seem obnoxious, because it is. But it's also pretty necessary to put yourself out there.

Sorry, but this really isn't my thing. I'm really not a fan of this type of stuff.
And why would you try to make something so unoriginal, in english, when you're from Slovenia? I don't get it.
There are a few hip-hop artists that actually incorporate something of their homeland into their songs in good way.
I just didn't like any of what I've heard from you.
Please don't feel discouraged, but you're the one who wanted an opinion.
:(

I understand, thank you very much for your honest opinion. It's not really discouraging you're only confirming my existing suspicions.
Thanks for the advice, I definitely need to work on collaboration and promotion. Live shows are pretty much impossible to land for me right now, maybe some day.

>9th 2nd theme
Intro was too long for my tastes.
The part around 1:23ish could be better placed elsewhere

>heaven theme
Again intro too long for me. Could of maybe teased some snares or brought the beat in earlier.
Fuckin thumps hard tho. Good shit

Still going through the forecast tp

>Live shows are pretty much impossible to land for me right now, maybe some day.
What's limiting you?

>forecast ep

I liked Dreary. I need to listen to the other 2 tracks on something other then my crappy earphones.

Pretty solid effort all round. Hazy, to me, has something missing.

I feel like you could do more with Hazy. You have all the build ups for a good electronic/dance sound. Or (since it seems you are going for the trap atmosphere sound more) add another layer of bass (im hoping that i just dont hear it because of my shit earphones) or shorten the parts without drums.

At the end of the day this is all just my opinion. Keep at it and promote yaself more

first off find an original name. not some name your hoping ppl will confuse with robert akai aubrey lowe faggot

>I'm just really bad at marketing
300% believe me, if you advertises on some places Facebook, Cred Forums, TMT,Youtube they'll listen to you song, they'll recommennd your shit, just convince them to like this. Meme yourself. Self-memeing is free. Use youtube remix cartoon shit, sellout your soul up to Mr. Satan mainstream.

ps.:

Sitting at home making music will appeal to literally one audience: Those other people sitting at home, maybe making (or thinking they could make) music.

Maybe consider what a couple of other anons suggested and get yourself out there in the real world. Make real collaborations and form some relationships in the music industry.
If you don't you'll get bored of what you're doing as you'll seemingly be getting no recognition or any end result for your music. Assuming you're making it to be heard and not for you own personal listening (I mean otherwise you wouldn't post it here or anywhere, right?).

Consider what you want out of your project. No one is just going to randomly jump on the mediocre artist producing music from his bedroom without something interesting happening. You need something that differentiates yourself. Something that makes your music interesting. Passion. Otherwise you'll just find it getting stale and lose all interest.

Mainly how closed my local scene is.

Thank you so much, this is some very valuable input!

I'm not that pathetic, it was a coincidence. The name itself is older than my attempts at music.

Thanks guys, some food for thought here.

you got the beginnings of something

its a little generic maybe

>No one is just going to randomly jump on the mediocre artist producing music from his bedroom without something interesting happening. You need something that differentiates yourself. Something that makes your music interestin

I think the same thing. You have to make people want to come back to your music. Its decent background music right now but I couldn't see myself coming back to it

>Mainly how closed my local scene is.
I don't know the situation, but in my experience, this kind of thing is more about perception than reality. You're probably noticing the most obnoxious people, while the rest are usually like anyone else. If you go to local shows regularly and show support (and have basic social skills), it's pretty easy to start making connections with people which can lead to playing shows together.

Don't expect it to be overnight, and remember, support is a two-way process, support your fellow musicians as much as you'd like them to support you.

get some avant garde nigger to rap over it and you got a succes kiddo

keep at it

Very, very generic, mate.

9th2nd theme is meh, I don't hate using voice overs from movies etc but I think it would've been better if you included it at least once more later in the song, the song itself felt a bit repetitive, there wasn't anything striking out.

The Heaven theme is quite better, I enjoyed the different instruments/styles overlapping, they went together well.

Dreary and breezy from the forecast ep were very chill, I liked them a lot, okay as background music I guess. Hazy has too many different segments in my humble opinion.

The first 10 secs of hydro made me close the tab.

You need time to grow as an artist, and find something special only you can give to a track, that makes it really stand out, that makes me want to listen to it again. Developing takes time. Inspiration can come from anywhere.
Just enjoy doing what you do.

Seeing as they 're not giving feedback in /prod/ anymore lets make this the thread for it

clyp.it/vepytzpv
this is a rough mix of something for a current project, not really even mixed as much as composed, how is it?

it's good music imo op but hard to get people to listen to
people don't really fuck with triphop/vaportrap

Very good production quality it's clear you know what you're doing, but it's not interesting to me. Instrumental music is already not attention grabbing to most. As a listener, my question is where's the edge? What is grabbing me to keep me listening? If there's no compelling vocalist then there should at least be an interesting fun aesthetic coming through with the music.Like Lil Yachty uniquely has upbeat happy trap beats or $uicideboy$ have comparatively dark trap beats.

This, you better follow this advice op

Do you know how many random soundcloud people there exists that are exactly on the same level as you? what exactly does your music offer the listener that they can't get elsewhere?

>tfw you will never be famous because your music is not special enough

Felt the same way and started posting on sound cloud threads, got a few hundred plays on each of my tracks loads of positive feedback and it feels good. Stopped posting for a while and my new tracks were getting barely in the double digits. Disheartening since you feel you might be getting somewhere but it's just usually people listening so you'll listen to them (not giving out about those people I pretty much do the same thing unless their music is particularly good)

Well how many shows have you played this year?

well, its boring.

Also I listened to Heaven Theme OP. I've never liked really blatant sampling especially if such and iconic song. As some one said the intro is way too long but some of the ways you build with the sample are impressive, when the beat kicked in I was impressed too even tho I felt you could have layered in more sounds and wasn't a huge fan of the snare (I guess that's just personal opinion though)

How does one start playing shows?

stop doing shit threads and shilling your shit and work more

holyshiet

Mostly it comes down to participating in your local scene enough that people start inviting you on bills. You can also take the initiative and make your own show (house shows are easiest) and invite others.

sorry homie your stuff is just genuinely bad

I like it, but yeah, as everyone saying, it's a little generic. Go nuts m8, try absolutely everything, but you seem to be really good, keep it up

Chances are if it were good enough it would have got around so there is no point in playing shows for publicity unless you actually enjoy doing that and hope to improve from there.

I like your producing/mixing
But shiiiit, your stuff is boring

Wait, you are a musician who doesn't actually perform?

lol

don't be discouraged op, keep trying and you'll get better

Folkfag here. Been making music for 7 years and only this year have I gotten comfortable with my process and what others think of the finished product. You absolutely have to make music that you want to hear. It's gotta come from a personal place or it will never receive meaningful attention. Learn to not care about the opinions of others. Make the same music that you would if you didn't have the internet to share it with. Hone your craft first and foremost and THEN you can worry about what others think of it.

robby lowe here
gonna kick your ass

>trap beats
there's your answer user. trap music and 808 beats are very generic no matter how nice you spice it up. you sound to much like everyone else you need to develop a more unique style.