pitchfork.com/thepitch/710-the-unbearable-whiteness-of-indie/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

DAILY REMINDER "INDIE" IS NOT A GENRE

now fuck off, op

indie rock is fucked!!!!!!!! move on

mtv.com/news/2793656/rip-indie-rock/
newrepublic.com/article/121437/why-indie-music-so-unbearably-white
pitchfork.com/thepitch/710-the-unbearable-whiteness-of-indie/

It's not even that its white its literally because of nu males that can't write a song without playing the same cord over and over

yes, its like indie rock industry plants now
fucking trash

they told DIIV was the salvation

parquet couirts is a revival of a revival what rest?

It's actually a really good album.

that's a good album but it's very unoriginal which is the real problem

I doubt he'll return to his old style anyime soon. His new music sells, which is what he wants and who can blame him?

Really? Because he's said in many interviews that his next album is going to be more like his old stuff, and his newest release, Does It Feel Good (To Say Goodbye) is recorded with his original lo-fi aesthetic and sounds like it could be something off of NYM.

How does it feel to be incorrect?

go away antz

if you read what he says in interviews his next new album might not be new material

I agree this album has been really listenable to me from the first time I heard it because it was so familiar it's like comfort food

it has no challenging new sound to it

I thought it was this desu

they peaked with light up gold

>indie rock is too white
>let us procceed and whiten the next popular genre in an attempt of becoming more inclusive
>white people

Yeah I'm absolutely pumped for Wave Goodbye to the Jets. He's said in interviews that Teens of Denial was written when he was in a bit of a funk and was basically forcing himself to write the music. He's also said that his next album is going to continue the more exploratory style of How to Leave Town.

Carseat is a try hard

Also indie has become a genre so fuk u

imagine the Airbag

Indie rock compartmentalizes an era in the same way that alternative rock does. Shut the fuck up

which era would that be?
hint: none. 'indie' can be used to describe things from the late 80s through to the modern day.