Acid music

Alright? So me and a mate are taking acid this weekend, second time we are doing it together. Do you have any good stuff to recommend? Except the obvious Pink Floyd and such things, I've gone through that kind of music enough times, I'm looking for something different

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hB39MPJFSfM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=4YEPU68zqik
youtube.com/watch?v=zL-BVDkDISU
youtube.com/watch?v=138ajKRMzIY
youtube.com/watch?v=AGbMQ2efZPU
youtube.com/watch?v=BZg8BhBWyo8
youtube.com/watch?v=O63vBvgQfUU&index=19&list=PL0fSIHcxJhECaC7USctRpg2xJ6uSbRs0K
youtube.com/watch?v=GQVlNt6DAxY
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0TGjFegYf4
youtube.com/watch?v=idcaRTg4-fM
youtube.com/watch?v=F9z0Wsi8CyY
youtube.com/watch?v=l8mqPScBvc0
youtube.com/watch?v=kZrL_P1g-dY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yooooooo, my kinda thread
most music sounds really good on acid, but acid makes you basically notice the same things over and over again, but there's no guidelines or way of stopping, so it's kind of unpredictable what you'd be most interested in

it also depends on where you are and what kind of trip you want but these are some ones i play

gorillaz - demon days
beach boys - pet sounds
mbv - loveless
primitive radio gods - sweet venus
anything by the b52s, devo, weird al, the aquabats, most stuff by frank zappa. i wanna try listening to the early devo records on lucy but theyre probably way too harse.
upsetters - super ape
buffalo springfield - buffalo springfield
cold mailman - relax, the mountain will come to you

and if you want some hardmode nightmare shit
royal trux - twin infinitives
alex empire - death funk
darkspace - darkspace iii
swans - filth

literally anything sounds good though, id just stay away from super trippy shit until youre used to the trip.

Tera melos is pretty fun to fry on, lots of energy

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hB39MPJFSfM

Residents can get a little freaky but its super good for this, i like having cartoons on mute while this , but if you can find the commercial album by them go for that one instead
m.youtube.com/watch?v=4YEPU68zqik

coil - love's secret domain

Syd Barrett's solo albums are a real trip. I tripped and listened to The Madcap Laughs and it sounded lovely. Like Syd was in the room with me.

Well that's interesting, I have tripped a couple of times, but I have mostly stuck to the more "nice" stuff. I definitely want to try some more intense things. Thanks!

You should give some to the little retarded girl on the street and lock your arms around her and shake her

i've never listened to that sort of stuff on acid before, i have no idea what it'd be like. everything gets pretty primal though so im imagining it'd be fuckin nuts with a bunch of people that aren't all into it

i solo tripped on sunday, listened to kid A for the first time and had a really pleasant ego death. would recommend/10
also Donuts by J Dilla was sick af

NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE

That's the thing though, you've tried it by yourself but it's a completely different thing when you do it with other people

Sounds wonderful, having a psychotic person in your room

Sigur Rós is always really alien, tried it a couple of times, I love it. I can recommend Takk, Valtari, and above all ( )

youtube.com/watch?v=zL-BVDkDISU

youtube.com/watch?v=138ajKRMzIY

Boards of Canada

It actually CURED her retardation.

masonna, les rallizes or ryoji ikeda for a True journey

can or late talk talk

Since I Left You

Any of animal collectives discography will do perfectly, it can get pretty intense though

Radiohead amnesiac and in rainbows.. both wonderful albums that trip your balls off to

These are my recommendations. These songs really resonated with me on acid.

Aesop Rock - Get Out Of The Car

youtube.com/watch?v=AGbMQ2efZPU

Those sad but warm guitar tones mixed with that bassline made me feel like I was in the middle of a forest that was lightly on fire. I played Saint's Row 4 while listening and just sprinting forward endlessly, I felt really tender in a way that I hadn't ever felt before.

Sweet Trip - Chocolate Matter

youtube.com/watch?v=BZg8BhBWyo8

Boards of Canada - Dawn Chorus

youtube.com/watch?v=O63vBvgQfUU&index=19&list=PL0fSIHcxJhECaC7USctRpg2xJ6uSbRs0K

This is one of the best tracks on acid for me. I can't believe how amazing it sounds on LSD.

Richard Dawson - The Vile Stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=GQVlNt6DAxY

Acid Mother's Temple is great, they have an album anthem of the space which kicks ass on LSD. I'm a huge dead and Floyd fan so I usually put on a dead show or an early pink Floyd album (saucerful of secrets or meddle) have fun homie :))

I like it

>can
very much this

Death Grips - Lock Your Doors

Popol Vuh, particularly their early stuff, is great. More generally, songs with lyrics in a language you don't understand are always a good choice (although this can vary depending on the genre of the song in question)

Eh, I don't know. It was very comforting, actually. I don't know how to describe it but I could just feel his presence. I was tripping face so that might be it but it just felt really good.

Terrapin and Here I Go are great songs.

Kraftwerk - Computerwelt

Can

Devo - Are we not men? We are devo!

Wire - Chairs Missing, if you havent ever heard it before

Any Eno, though taking tiger mountain by strategy would be bonkers on acid

Bark Psychosis - Hex

Neu! '75

Gas - Zauberberg.

Take this list with much more salt than the pleb shit posted here

I listened to hosianna mantra a few times ago. It's even better under the influence

MGMT - MGMT is pretty good on acid

ummagumma

[roger waters intensifies]

I used to be really into intense trips and listened to this album all the time. But if you want more chill stuff check out Tera Melos
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0TGjFegYf4

J Dilla Donuts is one of my favorite tripping albums, it made me realize how complex and layered all the samples are.

Personally I'm also a big fan Bill Evans if you want something more relaxing but ultimately any music that's important to you will be good

Never done acid, but on shrooms Hendrix's Are You Experienced and Cream's Wheels of Fire was one of my greatest trips ever

A few songs I always enjoy revisiting when tripping:
youtube.com/watch?v=idcaRTg4-fM
youtube.com/watch?v=F9z0Wsi8CyY
youtube.com/watch?v=l8mqPScBvc0

This

This album goes great with weed, going to trip sometime soon and listen to it, pretty excited.

Kind of stereotypical but the other day my friend and I tripped on acid and listened to some Shpongle (Tales of the Inexpressable and Ineffable Mysteries of Shpongeland) as well as Will Wood and the Tapeworms' new album Self-ish and both were quite the enjoyable experience.

Any BBNG is fucking great on acid, This album in particular.

Cant go wrong with Beck's most psychedelic song, ahhhhh the memories youtube.com/watch?v=kZrL_P1g-dY

>acid
i gotchyu famalam

anything and everything by Phish

>So me and a mate are taking acid this weekend
>>>/420chan/

just do your drugs and shutup?

Esp. Junta, song is fucking crazy.

Listen to The Seer. You won't come back.

what song on Junta? or just the album in general is crazy?

Meant, You Enjoy Myself. Sorry famalam. Whole album is pretty good though.

Listen to whatever the fuck you like when you're not on acid.

Jesus, you don't have to listen to the pink floyds or the animal collectives to enjoy lsd.

fuck fuck fuck

you'll have a better sense of what you like, music selection will be nbd, happy tripping

I tried that, terrifying but really awesome experience

why does david gilmour look like evil brian eno