youtube.com/watch?v=Drdv2k3KxEE
youtu.be/8QAnniRz1iw
youtu.be/dVMfISO9T1Q
youtu.be/Q1Ggz7JIFWc
kinggoblin.bandcamp.com/
discogs.com/Deathspell-Omega-Diabolus-Absconditus/release/2939118
youtube.com/watch?v=pTjE9IB0F4g
plug.dj/metal
spheredelic.com/en/music/nigromante-the-euphonies-and-profundidades-sd-056-detail.html
bitchmedia.org/article/smashing-through-boundaries-heavy-metal’s-racism-and-sexism-problem—and-how-it-can-change-hearken
youtube.com/watch?v=fPkc02A3kcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=d8E6dc0tdnU
youtube.com/watch?v=Ft5PALhYe_A
youtube.com/watch?v=bLorNSZjcBI
youtube.com/watch?v=gzq8UY6QiOA
youtube.com/watch?v=6mfvSSl9L9M
youtube.com/watch?v=Tihapp1PdYM
youtube.com/watch?v=oQ5e5K2Z9Gc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZsDhloqGjNI
youtube.com/watch?v=sue_ufnvqcs
youtube.com/watch?v=aJT4y0Oa180
youtube.com/watch?v=mKOlyFZLR2Q
dmp666.bandcamp.com/album/when-dreams-become-nightmares
youtube.com/watch?v=rpR1l_C2j6s
profoundlorerecords.bandcamp.com/album/le-dernier-cr-puscule
youtube.com/watch?v=Bq9ZY8HDj1k
youtube.com/watch?v=Qqa0v79VutY
youtube.com/watch?v=ctrxDQVQhUc
plug.dj/mu-metal
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for blood incantation aoty

HOSPITAL INCANTATION

>listening to metal

>listen to the deftones entire discography
>there are a handful of songs I actually like

Why are they so liked? Am I missing something?

>tfw your team is about to get BTFO in hokkei
Metal for this feel

>Not listening to Jumalten Aika at least twice.

I'll stop shilling it as AOTY, but it's my personal one. But how can you not deem it worthy of a repeat?

WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO

PIC RELATED

>deftones
the post-grunge band? why in god's name would you listen to them?

They're not really that great, the only reason I think that people overrate them is because they're one of the only things labelled nu-metal that isn't complete ass, so people see them much better than they really are.

Is there a more underrated guitar player?
He wrote some of the best riffs of the last 20 years

Pre-prod takes of a local death metal band that only makes KILLER RIFFS.

So far so good

A lot of people I've talked to really like them so I figured I'd see what all the fuss is about.
That makes sense.

Because they are one of the few bands that mix metal and shoegaze without sounding like a gay blackgaze band

Deftones aren't post Grunge

where is this image from

>horrorcore
>anime & fedoras
how do these two concepts relate

guy who runs Dark Descent Records posted it on his facebook with the caption "Apparently, the new Blood Incantation album is sick."

>they're one of the only things labelled nu-metal that isn't complete ass
not even, they're just shoegaze influenced and nofun which makes it easier for Cred Forums to embrace. but nu metal without silliness and jumpdafuckup riffs is pointless

who /finland/ here

youtube.com/watch?v=CevhyZBZmqk

i remember listening to this album like 5 times in a row the first time i heard it
you into onyx? all we got iz us is got a similarly dilapidated atmosphere to the early gravediggaz shit

youtube.com/watch?v=vJgMuNKB4YY

I haven't listened to them since middle school so I just knew they occupied that alt-y hard rock space somewhere. all of it is trash so it doesn't really matter.

Full EP is up now.
martrod.bandcamp.com/album/transmutation-of-wounds

That's what I keep saying about the '16 Forteresse release. It gets some recognition but it really struck a nerve with me.

>chart edition
Posting the only chart that matters in this thread.

haha

have some cool riffs youtube.com/watch?v=IDZvkr7_Tf8

yeah man, that song is great, the flow is fantastic, Sticky Fingaz is death metal as fuck

posting kvlt finnish trad heavy btw
youtube.com/watch?v=Drdv2k3KxEE

posting Finland shit

pretty good desu senpai

Is there a band that sounds like Animals As Leaders but is actually good?
>inb4 Haken

>metal for people who don't like metal: the chart

If you have to tell yourself this, either you haven't given them a good chance or Deftones simply isn't meant for you

Let the angst flow through you body:
youtu.be/8QAnniRz1iw
youtu.be/dVMfISO9T1Q
youtu.be/Q1Ggz7JIFWc

t. meathead pleb who never moved on from the same old OSDM classics

>what sounds like shit but actually good?
Shit always sounds like shit.

Why not check out a group like Cleric or Rolo Tomassi who sound absolutely nothing like AAL or Haken but still using technicality and speed playing to their advantage to make actually good music?

Also check out the tape they released before this one if you haven't (Tliltic Tlapoyauak) it's also good and some think it's even better than Desert Dances.

>talking about numetal on /metal/
>people actually think numetal is metal
Anyway, rather than being good in a typical riffy metal way, Deftones are more liked for their atmosphere and vocal delivery. More similar to Joy Division than metal honestly.

Only some of the best metal of 2016!

kinggoblin.bandcamp.com/

t. Meme Incantation shill

>Tliltic Tlapoyauak
will check this out, thanks

All of their albums are fucking good.

>Diabolus Absconditus
>2010s

Wat? It's from the Crushing the Holy Trinity 6-way split. It's from 2005.

now that plug.dj is back how about starting a /metal/ plug.dj

WHERE IS THE GODDAMBN LEAK

Solo version released in 2011

discogs.com/Deathspell-Omega-Diabolus-Absconditus/release/2939118

lol shit taste

k

What bands do you like?

does /metal/ hate mesarthim?

youtube.com/watch?v=pTjE9IB0F4g

It's still an old song though, and generally considered the weakest of the DsO EPs.

What's the verdict?

Thrash is the best metal

go to bed trevor

Some of the best instrumental tracks

man, I forgot how pretentious black metal had gotten on the bad parts of the internet

just look at those fucking album covers

This one too

Which country is better at metal?

hey man Destroyer 666 was pretty good

there is nothing wrong with liking burzum

It's pretty cool. Oranssi Pazuzu is still my favorite spacey stuff of the year, but Mesarthim and Mare Cognitum doing cool spacey stuff, too.

So...? It was initially released on an extremely bloated record and has only led for it to be extremely underappreciated considering how it has elements of the best of DsO's two works (SMRC and Kenose pre wank wank wank). Not to mention DsO would be far from the first band in this track re-release type situation. Point is it came out in the 2010s and it's still among the top.

Do we even need to say it's shit? Hell even the guys who haven't given it a listen know it's shit.

nazi sympathizer

I love both but I would lean towards Binland

norway, sweden and finland can lick my taint

Blackie pls go

someone make a /metal/ plug.dj pls

Based only on this chart, Sweden wins by a hair.
Generally, I'd say Sweden for bm, Finland for dm (incl deathdoom), though most would disagree strongly.

A re-release doesn't count though... It's from 2005.

>implying
shut the fuck up

why not you?
why would a blackie hate norway?
>liturgy
I mean the rest of the chart isn't great, but really? People are still defending that shit?

Kurushimi was an amazing album. Wished it got more recognition. I want more jazz in my doom.

plug.dj/metal

i am in here alone come play Metal

>>people actually think numetal is metal
why else would it be called metal?

More bands like Agalloch?

It does though. Me and many others certainly didn't have Crushing as our favorites back then considering how much mediocre stuff was on it despite DA being great. Not to mention how much better DA works just on its own compared to being with so much other content. That should be reason enough, but even with all that it is still considered an official release that came out this decade everywhere and is judged as so, too separately from Crushing.

Shit dude, you listen to metal. You know reissues are often treated this way, too if you're the deep to dig deep for that type of stuff.

>I mean the rest of the chart isn't great, but really? People are still defending that shit?
Combine metal with ideas from guys like Shellac and Glenn Branca; the result is a black metal sound that achieves an organic feel more from songwriting rather than just the usual raw production.

Similar to nujazz, it takes certain elements of metal the way nujazz does with jazz. But both are very far away from the genre that influences them.

is Dungeon Synth /metal/

>hedge wizard
fucking top tier

plug.dj/metal

get in here and vote to skip

Bruhs I posted this in the dungeon synth thread the other day but nobody replied, but is the music in this link dungeon synth or just medieval music played on synths? Help me figure this shit out.

spheredelic.com/en/music/nigromante-the-euphonies-and-profundidades-sd-056-detail.html

is this good

>wanted to spam the plug.dj with slam nightcore
>my playlists got fucked up

Literally SJWcore

>Oh sweet a metal thread on Cred Forums
>its all black metal.

You guys...

Why do you say that?

>Oh sweet a metal thread on Cred Forums
we've had a constant metal general since 2013

what do u mean

i'd welcome a change from all the black metal discussion in here, what bands would you like to talk about?

Should I see them live? It's quite expensive but I heard they do good shows

>get a female vocalist
>its sjw music now!!!

>Supporter-exclusive message: September 20, 2016

>Proud to announce we will be launching the "Subscriber Only" vinyl pre-orders very soon. We are gunning for October 1!

>There will be a 180g 12" Gatefold Version with exclusive blue/purple translucent half and half record which is gonna look ridic. Gatefold right pocket contains 6x lithographs of each individual song art with lyrics on the back - perfect for framing / plaquing (if you are into that sort of thing). The jacket itself is all new artwork with new front and back covers by the one and only, Jeff Jordan. This particular colour will be limited to 1000 copies and will ONLY be offered through the subscription so get ready to grab one!

>The show stopper is the 10" Boxset piece. While planning / financing this has been the bane of our existence, we know our hard work is going to pay off in the end. This beauty is 6 x 10" records with independent record jackets (all featuring song artwork). All of those jackets will be housed in a beautiful two-piece box which will slide in and out of each other (it's kind of sexy, really). The box will also feature the new artwork by Jeff Jordan.

>Each 10" record will be on it's own, uniquely blue vinyl colour and will feature original master on Side A, and separate instrumental master on Side B. These will be limited to 1K and again, will only be offered to subscribers (at least, subscribers will get first dibs on them).

>Oh yeah, and both versions will come with download cards for the new mix and the digital liner notes.

>Look out on or around October 1 - we will only be posting these up here on the subscription, so you will need to keep a look out for them! We will most likely send out a mass email message to all of you as well, but we all know how junk mail can get thirsty for those kind of messages.

>Below is a sneak peak at what the box set individual jackets and records will look like.

>Stay Tuned!!
>-pth

>no Jääportit

Elaborate

bitchmedia.org/article/smashing-through-boundaries-heavy-metal’s-racism-and-sexism-problem—and-how-it-can-change-hearken

Niggas are you serious? At least do your research.

This isn't even objectively true. Meme AOTY is Death Metal, and the other two contenders for that are another Death Metal and a Thrash album.

would you consider burzum a white supremacist project even though none of the music has anything to do with vargs politics?

Welcome to /metal/, where all we circlejerk is OSDM, thrash, black, grind, slam and weebshit and argue with eachother

But they kinda do here. Not in the way you're thinking. Okay, that damn straight link isn't working. Just go to bitchmedia.org and type in Agoraphobic in the search thing on top.

Don't they actually have music about White Nationalism and shit

Who? Burzum or AN?

How's the new Irkallian Oracle? More of the same? Getting kinda bored of caverncore

r8?

Hi, is liturgy a meme?

Yes, and not only is it a meme, but the music is bad too.

Yes, but unlike the other more minor memes of /metal/ like Blood Incantation or Vektor, their work Aesthetica actually turned out to be so amazing that it has universal meme status.

>is liturgy a meme
youtube.com/watch?v=fPkc02A3kcQ

One of my fav tech death albums

I think the fact that it has the label of black metal and the pretension of HHH is a huge turnoff and can ruin any appreciation for the music. It's not great but it would be good under different circumstances.

who goregrind here lads

youtube.com/watch?v=d8E6dc0tdnU

If it wasn't for HHH being a complete and utter pretentious fucking moron, the massive hype and influx of hipsters who hate other, far better black metal, but adore Aesthetica, the fact it was called black metal when it is barely, I think I could have appreciated some of the stuff in it. But as it is, I can't fucking stand it.

Sounds like cancer to me, sorry pham

Understandable

gorenoise master race
youtube.com/watch?v=Ft5PALhYe_A

What does metal think of the Hunter Hunt-Hendrix Experience?

this

Who coined the term "Brutal" Death Metal and what the fuck is Non-Brutal Death Metal supposed to be then?

Death metal that is brutal

it's not used merely as an adjective

What does metal think of Panopticon?

Best atmosludge album of all time

brutal death metal:
youtube.com/watch?v=bLorNSZjcBI
youtube.com/watch?v=gzq8UY6QiOA
"regular" death metal:
youtube.com/watch?v=6mfvSSl9L9M
youtube.com/watch?v=Tihapp1PdYM

can you see the difference?

Cannibal Corpse doesn't even slam

The band

yeah i used to feel this way but i don't think his exploits or philosophy pose a threat to a scene or anything. i actually don't remember why i thought i couldn't stand him. i probably just stopped taking him seriously. he's an interesting/entertaining figure. it's just the fact he's from brooklyn

More albums like Sunbather?

CC isn't a good example, due to not being brutal death most of the time

Sarcofago - I.N.R.I.

All Fours

Soilwork - Stabbing the Drama

Why do people here hate Sunbather?

its big scary and pink

good shit, i'm surprised he doesn't get the same hype as deafheaven, given he has the whole bluegrass folk thing going that numales love and does black metal better

youtube.com/watch?v=oQ5e5K2Z9Gc
this a better example?

Definitely worth your money

>atmosludge
what other recommended atmosludge is there
I really like Isis

Seeing these dudes live thursday.

Yes.

Neurosis
Cult of Luna
Early Rosetta
The Ocean
Blindead
Amenra
Old Man Gloom

yes

Profanatica
Ildjarn
Von
Havohej
Blasphemy

I can hear a difference.

Except for CC, because they're not brutal death metal

are they playing older material or the new buttmetal oriented songs?

is he still a male-feminist?

>Rosetta
What albums?

what?

Gallilean Satelites and Wake/Lift

Its only 2 bands on the set, but i am expecting maybe 3 or 4 songs of their new album, which is meh. Hoping for some off their first album tho.

>all this meloshit, atmoshit, and djenshit getting posted all of a sudden
I thought you guys knew to stay OUT of here

There is nothing wrong with melo and atmo

Are Deaftones any good?

>someone thinks he's not in neo-/metal/
This is what this general likes now. Get used to it, or get out, you edgy fag.

I like it. Why is this band not on metal-archives?

Also, how do you get into grindcore, goregrind, deathgrind, etc.?

I like Exhumed, Cattle Decapitation and a couple songs by Mortician but when I try Napalm Death for example it just sounds like noise. I know these bands are probably different genres from one another but the grind sub-genres confuse me.

No

Yes

>Why is this band not on metal-archives?
what MA allows and doesn't allow is fucking voodoo mate. mostly it comes down to what the autistic ass people running the site like.

>succ me....bytch....

What announcement would break /metal/ right now?

Proto-memers

Maybe

new necrofaggot album

stick to limp bizkit's first two albums

Björn "Speed" Strid feature on the new Insomnium album

hell be fine

metallica original lineup reunion

>yfw he will be on both Winter's Gate and Atoma

I know they typically don't accept nu-metal, metalcore, deathcore, glam, etc.

Their unacceptance of certain grind bands while accepting others confuse me though.

As I mentioned, I can't really tell the difference between grindcore and deathgrind. I especially can't tell the difference between deathgrind and goregrind. I've heard it's just a matter of lyrical themes but I don't think a lyrical theme should constitute a genre.

I've started to enjoy stridposting

What does metal think of Wintersun?

Any specific albums?

high test music

sucks

Are they the best British band of the last 20 years?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZsDhloqGjNI

Non-Brutal Death Metal = Old-School Death Metal

Yeah, probably. Can't think of anyone better.

jari is a meme

Best Isis album

Did he ever get his sauna?

this is too good for you
youtube.com/watch?v=sue_ufnvqcs

>best albums of 2016
>2012

that's some embarrassingly bad art

No, it isn't.

looks fucking badass aside from the paint splotches

>paint on canvas
>hastily photoshopped logo, complete with "subtle" transparency
I guess it stands out but it's not great

looks like the kind of art the 'best artist in your midwestern small town highschool' would make if they thought space and wizards and shit were cool.

Brutal = Coreshit in disguise

space and wizards are cool

You = Reddit in disguise

Is that supposed to be a dwarf with weirdly big hands or is it just an artist who's bad at perspective and the human form?

how about no
youtube.com/watch?v=aJT4y0Oa180

I didn't say they weren't cool bro. I was saying it's atypical of that kind of person (mediocre 'BEST ARTIST IN SMALL TOWN BUMFUCK OHIO HIGHSCHOOL) to be into those things.

Na, its fine for what it is

Can it be better: yes
Is it embarrassingly bad: No, it can be much worse

Its a ayy lmao

i really liked that Cult of Luna album, anything similar?

>made only 2 metal albums
My Dying Bride and Paradise Lost are way better

rude

Are you trying to say Anathema is good?

youtube.com/watch?v=mKOlyFZLR2Q

It is definitely embarrassingly bad.

Will Caladan Brood ever make an other album?

>Anathema
>bad
kys

No it isnt

Is that a yes?

wew lad

Elysium...to dust

Yes it is.

dmp666.bandcamp.com/album/when-dreams-become-nightmares

What are some problems with this chart?

hell be fine

How about we try naming what's not a problem first

and then go from there

It's gay

Deafheaven

>only one Isis album

No slam
No djent

What's meal opinion on Drudkh?

Shitriffers

the only problem I would have with that chart is if you claimed to be some kind of "metal fan" or "metalhead" and then used that chart to represent your taste in "metal".

Well that goes for anyone without power metal on their chart.

bland midcult for indie milquetoasts

Agalloch, Isis, Drudkh, and Blut Aus Nord are pretty good

They Sudkh

New Acid Bath album

with Corey Taylor on vocals

>body of a middle-aged guy
>edgy tattoos
>typical douchebag beard
>but has the face of an 11 year old

Why are Swedes so effeminate looking?

thank you lad I only like Oceanic though

lubricating their faces with Somali seamen

I think you're just gay

HHH x DJ Fenriz 2 hour trap album

bjorn would strech and redden your ass hole with his toe if he caught you saying that shit about him

when did Billy Corgan get all these tattoos

this is my dream t b h

because they're not Norwegians

he explains it all here
youtube.com/watch?v=rpR1l_C2j6s

This or the split EP is their best work 2bh

he looks like rapper

That's a typical SLAM outfit.

Hordanes Land is better.

A metal band that actually does something original for once instead of retreading territory that's already been explored 20 years ago.

>Meme Incantation is fresh and cool guys totally not a shitty Timeghoul
>Meme'theillist is fresh and cool guys totally not a shitty Demilich
>Vekmeme is fresh and cool guys totally not a shitty *insert late 80s early 90s tech thrash

Kys

Blood Incantation give birth to a star which rapidly dissipates its vibrant material into a pale dwarf by exhausting concise songwriting early in its lifecycle to leave only the raw core of extended jam sessions which cause the dead to be grateful for their passing. Each proper song begins with a clear objective but rapidly loses focus through descents into ill-fitting random pastiches of mosh riffs, doom, beer horn ready chug or atmospheric atonal ambience. By and large, the latter half of these songs are used to adroitly drift in the vacuum of purpose wherein it makes its residence. Unlike Altars of Madness which similarly abuses the listener by stretching the limits of tolerance towards virtuosity, this group lacks the voracious songwriting that is necessary to avoid wandering by achieving focus to force the captive into loving punishing bouts of self-indulgence.

Obliveon, for Vekmeme

But at no point has any review or rec for Memethe'ilist that I've seen tried to convince me it wasn't Demlilich worship

Whats metals opinions on Adramelech?

so you must love djent then

>being this mad and accepting about metal's sad fate

Nah, because of how relatively straightforward quite a bit of it is, people say it isn't as big Demilich worship.

Destroy Erase Improve came out in 1995, dumbass.

>people say it isn't as big Demilich worship
Doesn't matter. The influence is still acknowledged.

I guess so. Still derivative crap either way.

Prove it.

he's kneeling isnt he

In that case you'd see his legs in front of him. A good painter would show that.

Literally on their bandcamp page.

profoundlorerecords.bandcamp.com/album/le-dernier-cr-puscule

>Their intent was to play abhorred and dark atmospheric brutal Demilich-worship technical death metal with over-the-top guitar shredding.

So first of all, right from the horses mouth,
>Meme'theillist is fresh and cool guys totally not a shitty Demilich
has been proven wrong. They themselves acknowledge Demilich as the main influence.

But prove it's derivative. There's a difference between influence and derivation.

I...just did. Demilich worship is just that...

No, it isn't. Derivative would mean pretty literally stealing from Demilich

wew lad

Hey, you're the one with a stick up his ass about bands being influenced by other bands.

>Demilich worship

Yes, those are the words that were used. What about them?

So...at the end of the day we have all noticed that metal has been super derivative. What can be done about this? Has metal lost all ability to change? If so, what will take its place as a modern times equivalent?

>Has metal lost all ability to change
Metal hasn't lost anything. It never could change.

yes, metal is exactly the same as it was when the term was coined.

Start a band that replaces guitars with sampled fart sounds, maybe that will appease your simple-minded yearn for novelty you fucking idiot.

This a best

Nah that's just gimmicky stuff. Metal needs something more.

Pretty much. All it's really been albe to do is steal shit from other genres and be derivative as all fuck.

Otherwise it's basically the same. Why else do you think Ghost won that Grammy?

Metal is literally 80% gimmick

Tell me an innovation in metal that you don't deem gimmicky.

If you only listen to

progshit
atmoshit
meloshit
techshit
djenshit
hipstershit
whackyshit

Yeah. Metal.

Death metal forming out of the ashes of the harder edged thrash while thrash decides to explore more prog/tech stuff?

>muh cookie monster vocals
>muh wank guitar
Gimmicks. Derivative of shock rock and jazz.

This leaked. A lot better than the last one. Much more to the point and less fuckery.

trolling is a retarded pastime, kill yourself

Well there you have it. A gimmickless, innovative metal release.

We're saved.

Practice what you preach, shitposter.

Please stop taking the bait guys. We were doing so good for the past couple months.

Not shock rock, but actually an evolution of the kind of harsh vocals the Sodom dude brought to the metal game.

Not really jazz since jazz doesn't riff. Rather an evolution technique wise to be able to play crazier stuff to up the ante on intensity.

Evolution, not derivatives.

I disagree with this. I feel as if Revengeance by Conan should be on there.

What makes you think death metal is more legitimate innovation than Djent? As if burping and downtuning your guitar and playing riffs informed by slayer is more significant?

>not atmoshit

I guess shit passes for metal these days

>jazz doesn't riff
Oh
You don't know what you're talking about.

>Rather an evolution technique wise to be able to play crazier stuff to up the ante on intensity.

So, just like Djent did.

>Look at me guys I can reduce everything to its influences and prove that nothing is original at all!

>not shock rock
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWpz2OYf1QU

Los Random my nigga

You're the one saying this about modern metal, not us.

>about modern metal,
>modern
All metal.

>So...at the end of the day we have all noticed that metal has been super derivative.
but you're wrong.
>What can be done about this?
nothing. there's nothing that needs fixing.

>improv based genre

holy shit you're still salty about me shitting on Djent. Grow up senpaitachi.

I have no stake in this debate, friendo.

Can you prove that a single metal band in history was inspired by this song? It's not even the same technique as death growls, barring some Finnish bands.

I despise Djent, but I don't think it wasn't innovative just because I don't like it.

>improv somehow stops you from having riffs
>jazz is all improv
You actually have no idea what you're talking about. Go look up the definition of a riff. Or just google "jazz+riff"

Word, just don't get too late to your white supremacy meeting. Fox News ass conservatives not wanting anything new in metal.

>implying every form of jazz is based on improvisation
you really don't know what you're talking about

>improv based genre
the word was popularized by jazz musicians

Djent was innovative when Meshuggah released DEI that was in 1995 though.

Not actual riffs

I don't need to prove shit. The Who were a famous band. This is a well known song. Metal musicians knew and were inspired by the Who.

And above all, clearly the guttural technique already existed.

>not actual riffs
What does that even mean?

>Djent was innovative

it means that he's autistic

RIFFS OR ATMO?

There are still bands innovating, it's just that nowadays the scene is oversaturated with copycats. Doesn't mean there isn't any original material, you just have to delve deeper.

And has its definition changed big time from what it was. Not to mention that the jazz the guy was mentioning earlier that "influenced" techy thrash is not this but the improv kind where things got mad technical.

1995 baby...idk why you so delusional at least you picked the right girl.

A T M O
T
M
O

Magma is a great album as a whole, it tells a story of loss and has interesting changes of pace

RIFFS
I
F
F
S

atmo is false

Like...? Please give examples that was what the point of this was before it got derailed by trolls.

new
new

leave the arguments behind
start anew

>And has its definition changed big time from... etc.
Do you have a point in there somewhere? Are you going to explain the jazz riff thing?

And how exactly was djent innovative in '95?

RIFFS
I
F
F
S

Atmo is what killed metal more so possibly than the derivative guys. If metal went into a better direction than atmo then the poor nice guys with good intentions wouldn't have to rely on playing in derivative bands.

Must be hard being this cool

Name one band that played djent before Meshuggah released DEI in 1995.

Point of the jazz thing is that the tech thrash guys did technical in a very different way than jazz guys did.

No, it wasn't different. You just don't know jazz at all, obviously.

Djent isn't a real genre. It's just progressive metal with a certain guitar tone, and both of those elements existed before 95

Oh, so nothing but conjecture then.
It's not like there's a direct lineage from the Who to extreme metal vocals. There is however an obvious trend starting in the early 80s with bands like Venom, Sodom, and Bathory, who all imitated Motorhead but stripped the gruff vocal style of melody. From there it's simply a matter of increased intensity with each iteration, as well as modulating the pitch (in both directions) to the greatest extent possible.

Examples?

Heres some better examples:
youtube.com/watch?v=Bq9ZY8HDj1k
youtube.com/watch?v=Qqa0v79VutY
youtube.com/watch?v=ctrxDQVQhUc

plug.dj/mu-metal
new thread
new thread
plug.dj/mu-metal

>conjecture
I'm am showing you death metal vocals way before Possessed or Death, and your attempt at denial is pathetic.

first band that comes to mind when talking about modern metal with a distinctive sound is !T.O.O.H!.
Duobetic Homunkulus is also very interesting.

Blood Freak has been shaping a sound of its own with their later releases, especially Squalor.

R I F F S
I
F
F
S

Atmo can enhance the riffs but all the atmo in the world wont fix shitty riffs.

This is metal we're talking about right?

First, it's not even the actual death growl technique. Second, it had no demonstrable impact on metal. Sorry.

Of what? progressive metal?

First, bullshit it's not. You've already admitted it resembles the Finnish scene. Second, it's impact was the death metal growl.

Sorry.

>I guess shit passes for metal these days
>implying it hasn't always

Strapping Young Lad is proto-djent by the way, and DEI isn't djent yet, it gets there on Chaosphere.

>First, I am right
>Second, I am right because I am right
Lol. Okay, so the Finnish scene is officially a copy of the Who. Glad we established this fact. Thankfully the rest of death metal is original music.

Not really. It's still derivative as fuck.

But I'm glad we established the fact that The Who invented death growls too.

Djent prog thing

boooowhip

You can go right ahead and continue believing that, but it still won't be true.

>derivative

Nah DEI is where the time sig chugs first make their appearance though. Not typical sounding at all but still the beginnings

>Glad we established this fact
Your words, not mine.

Now you're just being silly.

Not typical sounding and the rhythms aren't there yet. It's just tech thrash.

By pointing out you already admitted my point?

You're the one who sounds silly.