/daily/ listening thread: "music is good" edition

It's the 2nd of October.

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to, and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

httpswww.neverendingchartrendering.org
come here to make charts!

httpsplug.djsdc-room-3-the-sequel
come here to endlessly circlejerk over meme videos and maybe sometimes hopefully music

httpssynctube.orgrSome_dumb_synctube_channel
come here for he same thing as plug but with emotes

httpdailymu-sic.weebly.com
go there for op pics, charts, listenalongs, misc. stuff

httpsdiscord.ggs5Rv7zJ
come here to get bullied

Our Skype group is looking for professional, classically trained musicians only! Who the fuck are you I walked Bob Dylan on stage. You're nobody. You suck! You're a no-talent.

Our last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ah7jZeMas70
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/goro_yamaguchi/a_bell_ringing_in_the_empty_sky/
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/22310-femenine/
rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/pop_x/pop_x/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/itoh-masyitoh/naon-margina/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/franz_schubert/winterreise__josef_greindl___hertha_klust_/
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/paul_rooney/lucy_over_lancashire/
youtube.com/watch?v=x36eiCkFS84
vocaroo.com/i/s1i2Bi3jjoAP
youtube.com/watch?v=euuxPokAeIA
rateyourmusic.com/release/single/prurient_the_rita/women_pissing/
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/宇宙コンビニ/廻る景色のなかに__mawaru_keshiki_no_naka_ni_/
youtube.com/watch?v=qilq54HqOgs
rateyourmusic.com/release/single/ewa_demarczyk/karuzela_z_madonnami___czarne_anioly___taki_pejzaz/
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/rocket-from-the-crypt/the-state-of-art-is-on-fire/
youtu.be/Gs069dndIYk
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/quickspace/the_death_of_quickspace/
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/current_93/birth_canal_blues/
mega.nz/#!xcJTSY4D!c5ySF1Ic3WMjnTcM-il9n6Fbs5qBkquPn9fjiHfpYME
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/london-symphony-orchestra-london-symphony-chorus-london-philharmonic-choir-colin-davis-barry-banks/grande-messe-des-morts/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

menem

nice broken links, nerd

what is with those links though

haha guys look at me shitpost

I need two more recommendations for my list of albums to listen to in october
unless i've missed a rec
and one must be spooky

oh bugger, I copied it to a .txt file for ease and it killed the punctuation

good one

Heterocetera by Lotic is alien spooky

My recommendation is stop doing vapid charts and actually explore music instead.

Frank Ocean - Blonde

my recommendation is that you kill yourself

Duly noted.

I like random recommendations sometimes

thank you

Wow! That's so cool!

wat due ya;ll lisen tew wen yer abt to go 2 te cluhb

fish.

>still no odyshape

Утpo - Утpo (Vinter)
Yep, this is much better than Motorama. Still in the best traditions of russian meme post-punk, it rises not that high from being basic. I do have to admit tolerable lyrics and vocals, which is not typical for most somewhat contemporary russian music.

SPK - Zamia Lehmanni: Songs Of Byzantine Flowers (Kubera)
That's really close to my old le dark ambient core music, what I tend to usually like. It was nice to reminisce on the piece and I still dig this kind of old industrial stuff a lot.

Current bets:
1) Terminus (SDC, Vinter, Terminus)
2) Torts (Thomas)
3) Shamepai (Shamepai)
4) Transgod (hampus) - meme
5) s (Jimmy Jazz)
6) Rudi (natkingcole, Rudi)
7) I'M FISH (Rodriguez)

fish is winning this round no joke

I knew I forgot something.
added

youtube.com/watch?v=ah7jZeMas70

from my point of view nyarlathot is evil

Good music, I listened to it.

dang...

well why do you think he was on my blacklist

ok finished first round. Algebra Suicide was cool, I tend to be indifferent towards minimal synth but this here was kinda poppy kinda artsy with some fun lyrics about death and stuff idk! The Abominable Putridity album was fine for what it was but hell even at 25 minutes it got boring too quickly, hmm, guess that's what you get with extreme metal. NATO-Uniformen was overlong as fuck (4 hours lmao) so I had to split it in two listening sessions. Definitely could have easily been an hour long and nothing would be lost, but fuck it, the general sound of the album was really up my alley, love those repetitive booming industrial sounds. Whatever the fuck that thing was that rod recced, idk, but it falls squarely into the "interesting, unique, different, but I will never listen to this again" territory. At least it was short. Orient was jizz jazz good stuff too long but good had some hindustani influences I liked that. The Mahler symphony made me realize how indifferent I am towads symphonic music, it feels too impersonal and bombastic, at least in this instance. Maybe I have more of a beef with romanticism in particular than symphonic music overall per se, but I can now definitely say I prefer subdued classical with small ensembles to the big loud symphony stuff, at least on record. I don't claim any expertise on the matter and I'm totally convinced Mahler was a talented guy, I'm merely rating based on my enjoyment of the piece, and my enjoyment wasn't very high.

hope you enjoyed that shitty wall of text bc I was too lazy to write more on these albums and format properly. Bottom line is: I need experimental rock from relgob, non-western trad from cluster, and drone from yamir.

wow rude

kys

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/goro_yamaguchi/a_bell_ringing_in_the_empty_sky/

gargaloo

aaggloor

Damn...

hey guys i'd create a separate thread but it would likely get ignored and i've been lurking daily for at least a year and half so i feel like home here. can you suggest me some music with amazing lyricism. for reference, my favorite artists are the magnetic fields, yo la tengo, the mountain goats, belle and sebastian, modest mouse, silver jews, jens lekman and jim o'rourke. all of them have characteristically amazing lyrics but i haven't been able to find anything alse that comes close.

also, anyone who hasn't listened to cyclops nuclear submarine captain should do themselves a favor and do

Leonard Cohen - Songs of Leonard Cohen

i already know cohen. i like him but he rarely hits the spot (aside from some songs on love/hate)

Neil Young and Townes van Zandt are two of my favourites. Kinda generic recs but there's a reason so many love them.

damn
desu i never really pay attention to lyrics or not enough to care about them.
IMO these have good lyrics
>Sweet Trip - YWNKW
>The Autocollants - Why Couldn't Things Just Dtay The Same?
>La Vida Boheme - Sera (spanish tho, so you will miss most of it

Pierrot Lunaire - Gudrun (Torts)
Was neutral towards the longest s/t track (although I guess it's quite innovative, having some 8-bit like sounds in 70s), but the rest of the album was quite enjoyable and peculiar. Even though tracks extremely vary in genre affinity, instrument patterns, they kind of still attach to one picture, the really big one, the perception of which somewhat awakens associations with cinema.

Stereolab - Dots And Loops (Shamepai)
I like the band for the atmosphere they create, but I guess Random-Noise Bursts to me was more on the spot with this. While it has decent sound, to me it's a bit more pale and less catchy ("Pack Yr Romantic Mind" still plays in my head from time to time) in comparison to Bursts (while maybe I shouldn't compare them, since they use different approaches, it's the only other Stereolab album I've heard). Basically, for me it's good, but kinda light.

Current bets (no changes):
2) Torts (Thomas)
3) Shamepai (Shamepai)
4) Transgod (hampus) - meme
5) s (Jimmy Jazz)
6) Rudi (natkingcole, Rudi)
7) I'M FISH (Rodriguez)

You've probably heard of him, but it sounds like you'd really enjoy Elliott Smith

Other favs are Townes Van Zandt and the album Emergency & I.

>wake up
>sshx isn't laying next to you

what is the point of living

>Warren G - Regulate... G Funk Era

I was expecting a bunch of filler surrounding "Regulate" and "This DJ" but this was an awesome listen. Warren is Smooth as fuck and the beats compliment his style so well. He's not the most lyrical but he holds his own and more than makes up for it with his voice.

This is pretty much everything I like out of a west coast album - smooth beats, nice features and a short, concise running time. Loved this, don't think there's really a weak track on here.

Where to next guys?

fishmans

shamefully, i have never listened to neil young. i guess i could give him a spin
i'm generally looking for more modern artists though, but any recommendations are welcome
yeah sweet trip is a great band. i'm not sure how i can understand non-english lyrics of la vida boheme though. but they don't seem that intresting from what little i've read on rym so i guess i won't have to worry about that
yeah i like elly and the e&i is a great album

Betting on smurm btw.

Tim Buckley - Starsailor
Leonard Cohen - s/t
Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde
Tom Waits - Rain Dogs
Captain Beefheart - Trout Mask Replica (no joke)
Scott Walker - Scott 3

wtf is this shit

F U N
U
N

meme trash

It's surprisingly good is what it is. Much better than Some Nights

all in on me

good shit desu

>good

no

>good shit

shit shit desu

i guess you just hate fun.

did you write that one yourself

more like
F U N .
U
N

well if u want to be pedantic it'd be more like
f u n .
u
n

i won't lose to you
i won't

Sheila Chandra - Roots and Wings (1990)
>indian pop

Chandra creates such an interesting sound here, mixing pop structures with a cappella, ambient sounscapes with total ease. The songs themselves are often aimless and sometimes delve into pure, new agey cheese, but the basic sound of the record, barring when it gets cheesy, is extraordinary, even transcendental at times. Chandra has such an amazing voice and utilizes it perfectly, creating dense soundscapes by layering and layering her voice upon existing layers of keyboards, drums, and traditional indian instruments. Frankly it'd be better as an a cappella album, so the cheese factor could be avoided, but as is it's a very interesting and enjoyable, yet still obviously flawed, album.

La Manzana Cromática Protoplasmática - El tren de la vía láctea (2006)
>psychedelic folk, avant-prog

Doesn't balance the fine line between pretty psych folk and spastic avant-prog, it fucking breaks the line and ends up mixing the two styles without care, making a total mess of an album. It's individual components are pretty decent, but the psych folk is leagues beyond the avant-prog. It's very pretty and pastoral, yet there's still an obvious amount of experimentation and character to it. The prog, on the other hand, devolves into pure, goofy circus music at points. It's sometimes entertaining, but at it's worst it's flat-out irritating. The whole album is anchored by great instrumental performances, but it's too damn messy and spotty to be really that enjoyable as a cohesive album.

2.5-

bend over

The first time I heard this album in 2011 blew me away. His vocal range is amazing on the first track but that's as much as I remember

you hate everyone. to you everyone's either a creep, or a poser, or a moron. why do you suddenly care about their opinion?

wdhmbt

what
trans got angry
first time

well, now, a relationship that was totally meaningless and trivial is over. dont get too upset.

Post of the year
Saved

>The Abominable Putridity album was fine for what it was but hell even at 25 minutes it got boring too quickly, hmm, guess that's what you get with extreme metal
Aw :(

>hillary v trump in 6 days

this is going to be a big one lads

thats what he said (to your mom and the other bulls)

Edgy

Who was the comment directed to?

what did he mean by this?

OH NO! PITCHFORK GOT ONE OF YOUR BOYS, /daily/!

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/22310-femenine/

malcolm i guess

>tfw p4k reviewed Julius Eastman

Does this signal the death of meme classical's popularity with the RYM crowd?

We care about music, not image.

>We care about music, not image

ahahahahhahaahahhahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAH

he is more /rym/ than /daily/ actually

like there's a difference

Lawrence Butch Morris - Current Trends in Racism in Modern America (A Work in Progress) (1986)
>avant-garde jazz, free improvisation, modern classical

A perfect lineup if I've ever seen one. Zorn, Frank Lowe, Christian Marclay, Tom Cora, and Zeena Parkins all on the same album, sounds like a perfect album. However, Morris' unique approach to conducting really makes the album suffer. He always focuses on one performer at a time, directing them what to do and letting the rest of the band just kinda do whatever they want. It does allow for some cool "solo" moments, like when Marclay starts spinning some hip hop out of nowhere, but it often comes off really sloppy and messy. There are a lot of really interesting ideas here (like Morris' approach to conducting, no matter how odd it may be), but it often gets bogged down by a lot of messiness.

Nachtreich - Sturmgang (2009)
>symphonic metal, neoclassical darkwave

Half cheesy symphonic metal, half cheesy classical. It's pretty enjoyable in it's cheesiness, but a lot of it just sounds really synthetic and phony. The classical actually gets really pretty at times, but I wish it was blended with the metal, these two styles are just left alone to be boring and cheesy by themselves. They'd definitely benefit from being mixed together more, as is it's just cheesy in a weird, kinda bland way, with some occasional glimpses into enjoyable, heavy territory.

u r not making any sense

>messy
>sloppy
>bogged down

How clueless can you get fucker? Stick to indie rock.

no amount of ironic shitposting can hide your insecurity

>ironic shitposting
I look at it more like post-ironic mémé masterworking desu.

i agree
fuck you nat learn to use other words geez
who fuckking says bogged

that's the plan bud

i agree too though

then use other words next time
faggot

>double accented e in meme
that's aggressive

page 10 bump

This was decent outsider house.

Whats daily listening to rn?

Just got back from seeing Brian Wilson perform Pet Sounds
It was pretty incredible

Also I highly recommend watching the Get Down on Netflix.
One of those rare shows about music that gets it right. If you're interested in the inception and development of hip hop you should really watch this.
They got Grandmaster Flash and Kool Herc to consult and they're both characters in the show.
Also it doesn't get too bogged down in just the music, a lot of it is about the urban decay and social unrest in 1977 NY. Plus there's a really charming love story.
Not a perfect show by any stretch of the imagination, but a really really solid one
I'm addicted.

Also it was my birthday today :^)

How was Brian holding up? He wasn't doing too hot when I saw him in Brooklyn this summer

And oh shit, happy birthday. It was my birthday yesterday.

how are y'all making these tournament-style charts?

i went to a thou show yesterday
it was fun
there were so many crust punks idk why

also i watched that beatles doc
it was aight
the footage is insane

He was definitely struggling a lot with the solo singing
Went off key a few timeso, sang lines really short and fast, couldn't sustain notes much. But all in all he was alright, the surf songs he actually performed pretty well and he never forgot any words.
Thanks bud and hbd to you too!

We have some templates so we use them + paint or photoshop

I decided to go back in time and listen to The Crane Wife. Its still good so I'm happy.

Leaving it all behind is hard

Drove for 13 hours, listened to most of Ween's discog and a lot of post-punk as usual. Slowly starting to learn people suck everywhere but is slightly different ways.

Chart should get an update this week. Don't have access to paint for a couple days tho.

Happy burf

*in slightly different ways
I hate posting from mobile.

having good times listening to skeleton tree
but i need new stuff
feel free to rec (me)
torts' gonna win
i pity the fools who bet on me
happy birthday!

rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/pop_x/pop_x/

whew i had a lot of shit pile up over the last week

>Meredith Monk - Dolmen Music
There is no denying that her vocal range is extremely impressive and for a bit it totally carries the album for me. But after a while the repetitive piano line and random improve vocal noises lose my interest. I did quite like when the cello part came in on the last song, but there isn't enough variation to make me really want to listen to this again. 5/10

>Eddie Gale - Eddie Gale's Ghetto Music
The first song on this is amazing. The singing mixed with the energy from the horns and rhythm section makes it irresistibly groovy. The album loses some of its appeal when things start to get really loose as the players start to do their own thing. When everyone is playing together it's really a fantastic listen.

co moves on

Phew - s/t

idk if I can still do this but here's my rec for you gfr:

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/itoh-masyitoh/naon-margina/

No youre banned forever from daily

hey mang gibe ep

Lil Ugly Mane - Mista Thug Isolation (herb kid)
I meaaan. It's ok. I can see why someone could like this, the music is kind of nice. Meme rap (and most other rap) ain't my thing really though, sorry.

Tuxedomoon - Desire (Terminus)
It's ok, but to me it had some kind of rambling sound, bit too chaotic for its own good.

Current bets:
2) Torts (Thomas, s)
3) Transgod (hampus, Transgod)
4) s (Jimmy Jazz, Jangle)
5) Rudi (natkingcole, Rudi)
6) Shamepai (Shamepai)
7) I'M FISH (Rodriguez)

oh no :o

oh yeah I bet on me
Believe it!!

just fyi i'm not hampus, the hampus tripcode is just a meme

betting on torts btw

yeah, he is pretty great to see. his band is wonderful.

happy birthday btw!

happy birthday!

k will call you haha from now on
Happy birthday!

Supreme Dicks - The Unexamined Life (post-feelist)
Pleasant music, but vocals are kind of eh. Likeable, but nothing outstanding.

Lowlife - Permanent Sleep (Darklands)
That might be a p average typical post-punk album, repetitive at times, yet for some reason it worked for me, I enjoyed the thing.

Current bets:
2) Torts (Thomas, s, Darklands)
6) Shamepai (Shamepai)
7) I'M FISH (Rodriguez)
8) Tuco (Tuco)

happy birthday, ya nerds

hope yer having a sicc af day, triangle and I hope yesterday was sicc af for you co

natkingcole based bet

Paris 1942 - Paris 1942 (Tuco)
P good piece, reminding a little of TVU (although it's nothing like it I suppose). Was kinda plain in the beginning, but gradually became better.

Schubert - Trout Quintet (Alban Berg Quartett) (Rudi)
Again a reunion with an old friend. "Andante" (2nd movement, if I presume correctly) was something I listened to a lot a while ago, and I guess it's somewhat dear to me. I think I heard another performance of this piece, but this one suits better for the exact moment (except for the fact it sounds less intense and more measured, I'd prefer it more strained). One of the few string-centered pieces I feel very welcome about.

Current bets:
6) Shamepai (Shamepai)
7) I'M FISH (Rodriguez)
8) Tuco (Tuco)

Bach - Six Concertos for the Margrave of Brandenburg (Pinnock)
(I have deduced that I can't lose anymore because I'm so based)

no good
somebody give something yes good

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/franz_schubert/winterreise__josef_greindl___hertha_klust_/

i've heard winterreise already
too long and samey to redo
i wish i knew german
maybe when i'm done learning french

rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/paul_rooney/lucy_over_lancashire/

>reminding a little of TVU
no surprise, based mo tucker is playing drums

>but gradually became better
nice, all ive heard was their s/t single. gonna check out the s/t lp sooner

this?
youtube.com/watch?v=x36eiCkFS84

Thats a bummer. Has school not started yet for you?
Any restrictions for next round?

Also the entire title track of Dolmen Music is 10/10 tho watchu talking about

yes

it sucked
i'm gonna listen to nick cave

町田康 [Kou Machida] - どてらいやつら [Wild And Crazy Guys] (canine)
A very promising beginning, went downright experimental after. I guess I can dig it, but I am definitely more on board with the what the album started with.

Astor Piazzolla y su Quinteto - Adiós Nonino (s)
Never thought tango could be my thang, but yessssss this album is great.

Current bets:
6) Shamepai (Shamepai)
7) I'M FISH (Rodriguez)
8) Tuco (Tuco)

>no surprise, based mo tucker is playing drums
w-e-w didn't kno that fact

fucc

I forgot to call !hampus haha, hope it's not a big deal (no haha feelings amirite)

that album is a crossroads that I didn't even know that I wanted

p much what i thought
>scg AND tvu?
idk how the tracks on the single compare to the record yet but i still enjoy it quite a bit.

Janelle Monae - Archandroid
It's fun but it's really not anything that mindblowing, the second half falls off in a big way

Spacemen 3 - Playing With Fire
Holy shit, I understand why Spacemen 3 are so hyped now, shit was cash
Fish you have some splainin to do with that 1 star r8
the final jam is so damn good, possibly usurps Diamond Sea for the greatest example of a longform psychedelic meltdown...

what next cunts

vocaroo.com/i/s1i2Bi3jjoAP

nyarl you fuk, gibe your ep

mfw I recc'ed you a meme and you still listened to it

>Spacemen 3
yea boi

and everyone knows fish's ratings are random.

Weak.

Yeh crazy guys does the old experimental album mistake of starting with a great more regular song and than going full dicks out experimental instead of the other way around (which imo is a better choice almost always).

happy bday triangle
sounds like a good bday too

happy late bday

aww somebody dropped an ice cream cone
the little hole in his mouth really speaks to me

>Yvette Mimeaux & Ustad Ali Akbar Khan - Flowers of Evil

Les Fleurs de mal is a very important collection of poetry. I must establish this first, since this album is effectively a spoken word album of translated poetry with backing raga music.

So are the "lyrics" good? Well, it's a a bad translation but it does good ideas at least a bit of justice. In terms of words being draped over top of music, you aren't going to find much better than some of the best poetry of the industrial era.

But these chucklefucks didn't write the poetry, now did they? Oh, no they in fact did not! All points go to Baudelaire for that. So a question remains:

Why in God's name would anybody think putting hindustani classical music behind revolutionary French modernist poetry would be a good idea? This is such a conflict of ideas it's almost as if these two people had no idea what the poem was about and just decided to read it because it sounded cool.

Now, taken as an album a raga flow yoga album? I can imagine 7AM hipsters contorting themselves, thinking its all super chi-healing and whatnot. Nobody pays attention to lyrics during yoga, anyways. So cut out the words and you get a relatively snorefestival 50 minutes of average raga bollocks.

Hooray.

3 . 4 / 1 0 almost fell asleep tier.

School starts in a few days actually. Shitting myself in nervousness since I know no one there and it's 2,000 miles away from my home.

Also I guess Dolmen Music is a shitty rec b/c it's totally not everyone's thing, but I agree title track is the best.

>have to explain that 1 star rating
Idk I guess psych rock just isn't my thing cuz everyone else loves it. I WILL revisit sometime soon believe me.

Eeeeee do Sweet Trip I wanna get panned

I have two questions for you:
Do you know how many time zones there are in the Soviet Union?
Who is seeing Negativland live tonight?

>Shitting myself in nervousness
Make friends the first day or you will regret it for the rest of college.
Don't be a bitch and lock yourself in your room, nobody knows anyone. It's not at all weird to knock on someone's door and introduce yourself.
Don't let friend groups form without you!

none, it doesn't exist anymore
probably you

u got both right proud of you

violeta parra next (if you want)

do you like this song
youtube.com/watch?v=euuxPokAeIA

Why is cool jazz not so cool afterall?

Nah, i was talking about it earlier in discord too don't worry. PoP X is probably the best musical meme that Italy made

cool jazz? more like fool's jazz

I was referring to the picture of the pelican looking like an upside down ice cream cone on pavement

cool horse btw

like just look at that thumbnail

Anything that calls itself cool is not cool.

Reminder that if you only like free jazz and avantgarde jazz, you don't actually like jazz.

Negativland is playing in a city 2h away from me tomorrow, I haven't heard any of their stuff yet though. Is it worth it (I have to study and work on my bachelor thesis, so I'll probably only go if it's really great)? Maybe you could tell me after the show.

/rym/ is talking shit again

boy i care

OH SHIT
GET EM BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All right, thanks /rym/.

You're supposed to post >/rym/ is making fun of us again with that crying Wojak face.

reconsider

will report tonight

hey nice digits

I appreciate your digits.

damn...

nice...
and thanks

Liking pure jazz is fucken lame haha

>tfw /daily/ tricked you into thinking Fishmans was good

oh, thanks for the alternate point of view, in future I will consider it.... cunt

lol what a loser he fell for the meme

That's not even me.

you got tricked m8

Thank

where did michel foucault get that hair from

>haha everything we listen to is a meme we totally don't have shit taste xddddd

yeah ok

Who are you tho?

You.

haha nice

Can you guys rec me some post-proto-punk?

Thanks & kisses (yes im gay lol)

better question: Where did Jim Cornette get all that hair

So I want to go to the meme fest this year but I'm poor af so can only go one day

I have to choose between:
Friday
Idris Ackamoor & The Pyramids

Sunday
Swans
Johnny Greenwood
Pauline Oliveros
JLin

Now it may seem obvious to choose the second day, but I'd like to see Idris Ackamoor & The Pyramids the most, so it's kinda shitty.

Is anyone else going, may use that info to decide?

nope

Will try my best! Thank piggo

Shit damn!!

Pauline Oliveros is old as fuck so that might be your only chance.

>post-proto-punk
Such a thing does not exist, proto-punk is just a loose descriptor for the many bands that rocked the punk sound and attitude before punk was a coined term. There's no unified proto-punk sound.
I assume what you meant to say was garage punk

go back to rym

post-proto-punk is just punk retard

Ok

Haven't taken a good look at the timetable yet, but Sunday may be your best bet

shut up fuckface

Paul McCartney - Chaos And Creation In The Backyard (Dogwander)
Eh I wasn't a big fan of this. Apart from being not really up my alley, most songs didn't really stick. I guess the performance is good enough (although fucking this up for an artist of that level would be p weak).

Van Der Graaf Generator - Pawn Hearts (Jangle&Bojangle)
Not exactly my thing too, but oh well, it's ok. I am a literal 0 in progressive rock, this is not a very good start, but I might see it completely different if I get into the genre more.

Current bets:
3) Transgod (haha, Transgod)
6) Shamepai (Shamepai)
7) I'M FISH (Rodriguez)
8) Tuco (Tuco)

The top 8 go through right?

:^) Which means anyone with 7 or higher guaranteed now eyyy nice

Nope. I have a whole complicated bureaucratic system for this, which I will introduce once I am done with everything. No one in a tie (and you can see there are a lot of them) is guaranteed anything, except maybe Rudi (and not even him if Fish or Transgod manage to score an 8)

8 ppl have 6 or below, even if the last two score 10 then anyone with 7 or above right now is in the top half. Maths, son.

:^) unless your bureaucratic system flattering in which case I would like you to know that if it were possible I would buy you a nice box of chocolates unless you are allergic to chocolate in which case I would buy you something else of equal or greater sentimental value :^)

There is no restriction on any of the rounds

Don't be so arrogant just yet boi, I am not going to go into details, but there are gonna be TIES, which will leave the possibility (even if it's a slight one) for those with lower scores to advance maybe even before those with higher. Although the main score for an album is of greater value, it is not a 100% guarantee of you advancing.

>it is not a 100% guarantee of you advancing.
D; spooky

added. starting tomorrow. sry for the wait.

I'm going in boys. I'm so fucking hyped

Wait are you Italian and why didn't I know anything about that concert reeee

It's in a small club in Trieste, that's probably why

>for those with lower scores to advance maybe even before those with higher

Terminus rigs the tourney once again fellas!

Reeee I live so fucking close :(

Sweet Trip - Velocity : Design : Comfort (I'M FISH)
In general I was kinda neutral towards it, but it had some fine moments. To me it was more good than bad.

Bent Knee - Say So (Transgod)
Naaaaah. Vocals are kind of ok I guess, the rest just isn't really.

The order in which all of you finished the round (with +/~/- for why I placed you like this):
1. Rudi (8-)
2. s (7+)
3. Kubera / Torts (7~)
4. Tuco / Darklands (7-)
5. Shamepai / Terminus / canine (6+)
6. Jangle / I'M FISH (6~)
7. Vinter / post-feelist (6-)
8. herb kid / Dogwander (5~)
9. Transgod (4-)
So the """system""" for advancing people I came up with is a huge nerdism and I'll explain it only in case someone is really interested or some unexpected occurrences will take place.
Basically, almost everyone is in a tie like right now, except for Rudi, s and Transgod (of whom Rudi and s advance automatically, while Transgod is the first for elimination). Everyone else needs to provide an EP or single, which score will influence your chances to advance further (yet the main album score has more leverage, there's still a possibility things will turn around). Don't worry, everything will be calculated and the order in which you finished will have its influence in the end as well.
I am trying to test this thing out (that's why the test edition) and if it proves to be useless and ineffective, welp, not gonna use it anymore then.
Need EP/single recs from: Kubera, Torts, Darklands, Tuco, Shamepai, Terminus, canine, Jangle, Fish, Vinter, post-feelist, herb kid, Dogwander.
The bets are known.

Fugg man, if there is another interesting event here I'll tell you

Slint - Untitled

Totally in right now. I really don't know what CD to buy, but I absolutely need one

rateyourmusic.com/release/single/prurient_the_rita/women_pissing/

i FUCKing love having an ear infection that makes it hurt to listen to music and by love i mean FUCK

rudi ain't letting me down!

hype

what happened to ruggles :(

>it's herb kid trying to cheat his way to victory episode again

The Fall - Slates

he's fucking dead

Worst review for an album I've ever read that isn't one I wrote.

Gato - The Third World

What the actual fuck is that system jesus

EP is rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/宇宙コンビニ/廻る景色のなかに__mawaru_keshiki_no_naka_ni_/

And rec for next round is The Third World

>implying I ever write reviews better than this one

At least you can say you didn't try

Good trips mang

Also here's a mem

Someone photoshop me a pic with John Coltrane wearing a Supreme hat/shirt

I don't into EPs often enough so here just have a song I guess

youtube.com/watch?v=qilq54HqOgs

ask Rudi he'd be more than happy to do so

Tuco, post-feelist, Darklands, Shamepai, Jangle, Dogwander, canine
Need your EP/single recs

>mfw just found out i'm the /daily/ group on rym even though i don't post here

What's your RYM? I can fix it.

rateyourmusic.com/release/single/ewa_demarczyk/karuzela_z_madonnami___czarne_anioly___taki_pejzaz/

Nah, it's okay ;)

hey
if you've ever listened to coil and liked it you should kill yourself

thanks

EP rec:
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/rocket-from-the-crypt/the-state-of-art-is-on-fire/

every day desu senpai

wtf I hate coil now

REAL ploymaths are gay though

sorry pleb

Any albums that sounds like Tekka from Sweet Trip?

plenty
none of them are good though, so I won't mention them here

>sweet trip
i mean V:D:C lel

i guess i have to make myself...

Negativland live is one of the best and most interesting things you could ever watch so go see them absolutely, it's worth it.

nah get that nerd shit outta here

>that minute hand placement
Hnnnnnnn

heehee

eleven

to reply to the plug message
i got back
as in, i have a butt

!!!!!

TONIGHT'S THE 21ST NIGHT OF SEPTEMBER
DON'T FORGET

youtu.be/Gs069dndIYk

!!!!!

The world is a worse place without Maurice White.

They actually played time zones. It's nkt even funny

Oho, tricky
Cunt, you've got competition
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/quickspace/the_death_of_quickspace/

rec for next round

Daft Punk - Alive 2007

you don't need to do the bonus disc encore but you can.

actually yeah do the whole thing

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEV
Celebrate with Bachman

Carl Stone - Mom's (1992)
>tape music

It's more frenetic, out-there sound collage/post-minimalism moments are irritating at best, which is a shame because Stone is very good at producing very nostalgic, beautiful tones. The opener, "Banteay Srey", is by far the best track here, featuring gorgeous textures and some very pretty melodies. But follwing tracks like "Mom's" and "Gadberry's" are much more active, which is something I don't think Stone does very well. In trying to make his pieces more active and energetic, he sacrifices a lot of emotion and a lot of the quality of his work. The last two tracks nearly reclaim some of the opener's glory, but drone on for a bit too long. A pretty album with a lot of really garish qualities.

2.5-

what should be my 400th rating

The Shaggs

>implying that's not me
Come on now. I said so myself!

unjust malaise

Dez anos depois

Scott's Music Box: Music From Terra Nova - The British Antarctic Expedition (1910-1913)

2meme

great recc but already familiar

ill just flip a coin between these too.

Sorry haven't been near my computer since this afternoon.
Dead Kennedys - In God We Trust Inc

Hey I might be a jazz pleb but even I know cool jazz is actually p cool

Mordant Music - Dead Air (2006)
>electronic

My least favorite thing is when an album has a really great characteristic to it but the artist seems hellbent on exploring this characteristic as little as humanly possible. This album has some really great EBM sounds, pulsating and heavy as fuck while still being really danceable. Some killer IDM elements are thrown in as well. As good as this sound is, it's touched upon so little, thrown to the side in favor of very pointless, meandering sound collage-esque tracks, with a lot of ill-fitting vocal samples. More danceable stuff would be great, in this state it's just a big missed opportunity.

2.0+

Get that "white boy jazz" shit out of here.

get these dirty fuckers out of here tho

you did not just

you know what i said
god imma have some bacon in the morning

>is a white Canadian

hmm

rly makes u think...

Oh god.

Hey /daily/ what's an interesting way to kill yourself in front of a lot of people and where would you do it?

Thanks!
My friend got me this 7" so I actually am haha

Btw cassette sales are going really well, if they continue at this rate I should break even in another 2 months and we can actually start earning money off of them :^b

Tie a piano wire to your neck, superglue both hands to your head, have someone to secure the other end of the piano wire to a bridge and jump off. Piano wire will chop your head off and the result would be a headless body holding a head on its hands.

you fucker I was just about to post this

can confirm this works

creative recs are overrated
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/current_93/birth_canal_blues/

Christoph de Babalon - If You're Into It, I'm Out of It (1997)
>breakcore, drum and bass

Very dismal, dirgey music. It's basically drum and bass with most of the energy and fun taken out and replaced with really fucking dark ambient and a generally sinister aesthetic. It's awesome. A bit too long, and some of the spooky ambient bits drag on for much longer than they need to, but the way the breaks interact with this static, droney ambient is really interesting, and a breath of fresh air in a generally stagnant genre. The breaks themself are also pretty idiosyncratic, very chopped up, and even they're sinister when taken alone. Essential Halloween listening.

3.0+

Yo I'm drunk again and didn't get the girl I wanted once again but have a coffee date with some other girlo who's p cool
My weed is gone so I guess I'll have to listen to this ""music"", rec me stuff

I like that ur pics always could apply to every reply

Been trying to tell this for ages
Same for modern classical

Ur right once again, Jim hall is so based

Yes. Why?

Yeah but same for pyramids plus it's the last Swans tour :/

I guess but I'd kinda kill myself if I miss pyramids. I'm trying to get in free through a friend plus free sleeping at my sister may solve my problem :)

Keeping it exciting, based

Extra based for taste

woah look at you with that power trip post there

also not sure if you're being sarcastic there but I do try

Not sarcastic :)
Imma be the new yamir who comments on every fucking thing when the threads nearly done

Going to try Lift Your Skinny Fists
Anything I should know

That it's bad?

Forgot to say
>inb4 "it is bad"

COOL SOMEONE WITH MY RELATIVELY OBSCURE NAME THAT ISN'T CHRISTOPHE BECK OR CHRISTOPH WALTZ. SORRY I GET EXCITED.

Sergey Kuryokhin - Sparrow Oratorium

Jazz-pop-classical-prog fusion done by Russia's equivalent of Frank Zappa

If you don't like it you get exiled to Siberia

F#A# and that one EP I forget the name of are better.

That was the first album i listened to when i first started browsing Cred Forums. It blew me away, but i think that was mostly because i had never heard anything like it. I still think it's really good.

>prog
>zappa
No
I'll get going to Siberia i guess

that's honestly one of my favorite names, probably bc I love Christoph Waltz.

You're missing out on something good, even if it sounds a bit unappealing.

Enjoy the cold, though.

Mount Eerie - Seven New Songs of Mount Eerie

>very positive review
>gives it a 3.0+

He has a meme rating system. Don't mind him.

That being said, he gave Rival Dealer a 2.0 and slammed it.

Still haven't forgiven you nat

Yo, here's the real nat rating system translated to english, just for you

0.5 -- shame
2.0 -- bad
2.5 -- okay
3.0 -- decent
3.5 -- one of the best albums of all time
4.0 -- the highest possible honor bestowed upon a work of art, recognized as supreme achievement in no fewer than forty-seven systems across four material planes and two higher planes
4.5/5.0 -- never actually utilized, eternally reserved for John Fahey, Jim O'Rourke, Modest Mouse, and Ween

Coil - Airborne Bells/Is Suicide a Solution?

whoops ive been forgetting about this place

>jimjazz won my tourney a while ago and made me a mix
>i also made one
>4 "discs"
>has Attack Attack! and Robbie Basho
mega.nz/#!xcJTSY4D!c5ySF1Ic3WMjnTcM-il9n6Fbs5qBkquPn9fjiHfpYME

Unrest - Tink of SE
one can only cope with so many bands covering wild thing, this I think is my limit
rest of the album wasn't too bad in fairness, not great or anything, but kinda eh, there's some nice shoegazy stuff buried deep in there and one nice soundscape on the A side.... there's a cover of 21st century schizoid man not by kanye here, some may be interested by that

God - Possession
wew lad, gonna get some hate for this one for sure, I have a metal bowl on my head, bring it the fuck
The Longer this went on for the more I hated it, it's bloated as fuck, and by consequence ends up being goofy as fuck, that there's basically my main criticism

If you rec this shit one more time I am gonna kick your ass

Fifty Foot Hose next!

OI
Give me an EP for the tourney

Oh yeah that's right, I recd that to you in the past
Deathspell Omega - Kenose EP

maybe stop thinking of women as commodities that can be "got".... lad.....

this is true

if you see a score of mine add about a point to it and it starts to make sense

this is honestly far too accurate

i will save it if you don't mind :)

hahahahahaha

has anybody seen jimmy jazz

yeah he went past

u seen him??

he was here but, uh, he said, he went out

oh i see ok

O I missed it
Just an EP? no other restriction?

Everyone but Shamepai submitted their recs, in case he doesn't rec real soon his score remains the same (which in his case is basically elimination).

HIT HIM WITH THE BADDEST BEAMS

just an EP

le still too high meme

First you haven't heard
King Krule- st
Baddest Beams- junior beams
Insect warfare- endless execution thru violent restitution

I listener to that whole thing twice yesterday
tfw ur jacketsleeves r ful of hole

A winner shall be decided!

REV UP YER CHAINSAWS

Do the short, original track listing, not the re release with the demos

and the winner is... everyone but you, for you hate Possession, which makes you a dweeb, and a loser

Ok I am done with your EP/single recs. Basically, no wonders happened, but some results are affected after all.
The order for those who competed in ties:
1. Kubera
2. Torts
3. Tuco
4. Darklands
5. canine
6. Terminus / Vinter
7. post-feelist
8. Shamepai
9. Jangle / Fish
10. Dogwander
11. Herb Kid
This means Kubera, Torts, Tuco, Darklands and canine advance, and post-feelist, Shamepai, Jangle, Fish, Dogwander, Herb Kid don't. There is one more tie to resolve, as Terminus and Vinter are going to fight for one last second round spot. Rec whatever you want (album/EP/single/smth else, doesn't matter).

AyкцЫoн - Этo Maмa

Karel Krautgartner - Jazz Kolem Karla Krautgartnera
how'd this evem get found...
It's pretty good, nice drums

Arthur Russell - Another Thought
I dunno man, I feel like Arthur Russell is kinda over-rated, this is gonna attract heat from ya'll
Sure sometimes it sounds really nice, but overall it doesn't really impress me that much...

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/london-symphony-orchestra-london-symphony-chorus-london-philharmonic-choir-colin-davis-barry-banks/grande-messe-des-morts/

You already recd me Bach in previous thread

get a load of this guy

ah yes
which Bach was it again? Bach is good

ah, I remember, Brandenburger Concertos, coolio.

get in here

Delete this tourney