Dungeon Synth

How long until the magnum opus of this genre is out?

Share some of the stuff you've found

Anyone here make it themselves?

Other urls found in this thread:

chaucerianmyth.bandcamp.com/releases
hedgewizard.bandcamp.com/album/more-true-than-time-thought
youtube.com/watch?v=MLX5v4NyAYU
sagenhaft.bandcamp.com/album/lapideus-liber
en.osdn.jp/projects/sfnet_androidframe/downloads/soundfonts/SGM-V2.01.sf2/
dolamroth.bandcamp.com/album/of-times-forgotten
silentcabin.bandcamp.com/album/forgotten-in-a-cold-forest
silentcabin.bandcamp.com/album/lonely-mountains
wolfkrieg.bandcamp.com/album/northern-tales-a-dungeon-tribute-to-burzum
youtube.com/watch?v=ps0dnx7AHKE
youtube.com/watch?v=CQq21TDJT-E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

chaucerianmyth.bandcamp.com/releases

The famed album from the last thread

my fav, don't know many albums though

More True Than Time Thought
by Hedge Wizard

hedgewizard.bandcamp.com/album/more-true-than-time-thought

can someone give me some essentials to listen to? Idk how long these albums are on average but I don't have 10 hours, for only albums, but regardless any single or group of albums would be awesome

only a couple albums *

What equipment would be best to make it on?

I don't know if we even made an essentials chart for Dungeon Synth yet. most of the stuff is bandcamp albums

I personally just go through the tag listening to a bit of whatever looks interesting

you can probably make it with a DAW like FL and free VST synths

a lot of bands purposely go for cheap synth sounds

Sounds a lot like my music! Check it out: youtube.com/watch?v=MLX5v4NyAYU

last one

I'm listening to Hedge Wizard and I wanna eat some barbecue chicken, corn, and a potato that my grandma made and gave me leftovers, but I also have some Swedish meatballs my mom made that I think would be more fitting, although the potato itself is more Dungeon Synth than the meatballs. What do I do, Cred Forums?! Should I just go to McDonald's?
Also Depressive Silence's instrumental stuff is my favorite. Any recommendations?
This.
The original bands were using probably mid-priced ROMpler synths of the time, and recording to tape, but the modern bands are most likely all using VSTs and soundfonts. I think using an old synth would be fun, but I don't have the money, and the casio I got at a garage sale is just a bit TOO lo-fi for doing anything serious without adding a lot off effects post-recording..
Much appreciated.
That's good art, and the horseface is pathetic also enough to make me want to give it a try. I have a visceral reaction to want to tell self-promoters to fuck off, but I think that's wrong.

Please I'm really hungry.

I'm so hungry I wanna shitpost while I sincerepost. My hands are shaking as I type.

sagenhaft.bandcamp.com/album/lapideus-liber
dat last track

Thanks, bud! I'm honestly just trying to have a good time and release some fucktastic shit. I'm glad you're up for giving it a listen. I do all of the artwork myself! Most of it is in Paint! I'm a real Picasso ;-)

do you know of any good places to get these style of soundfonts?

Here is a small chart of good releases for beginners I made recently. These are the albums that got me into dungeon synth.

Experts, feel free the judge, as I am a comparative beginner myself.

Paint is fun.
This one has a lot of instruments.
en.osdn.jp/projects/sfnet_androidframe/downloads/soundfonts/SGM-V2.01.sf2/
If you want something particular just look up "'instrument' soundfont" or for a particular synth "'synth' soundfont"
What's the one next to the depressive silence album? That's real pretty.

dolamroth.bandcamp.com/album/of-times-forgotten

Thanks.

It's minimalist lo-fi dungeon synth from Germany; not for all tastes, but great for those who appreciate it.

I went through a dungeon synth kick a while ago. Here are a few albums I found.

silentcabin.bandcamp.com/album/forgotten-in-a-cold-forest
silentcabin.bandcamp.com/album/lonely-mountains
wolfkrieg.bandcamp.com/album/northern-tales-a-dungeon-tribute-to-burzum

>How long until the magnum opus of this genre is out?

It's already out though.

bump

/thread

this is great

I am very excited about making this music. Im trying to learn more about medieval music to get used to using the modes or scales.

are we in the second wave dungeon synth era?
or is most new stuff basically the same vein as the 90s albums like this

There are enough breakthroughs in the genre for it to be classified as a second wave.

Dungeon Synth has definitely changed within the past 10 or so years for it to be considered the 2nd wave. It seems as though black metal has less and less influence on Dungeon Synth projects, while old folk and classic music has been more noticeable. Also the production quality has improved a lot (not necessarily making it better though). However, personally I've never really grown fond of any DS tape that came out within the past few years. It doesn't seem genuine anymore with the more modern sound it's adapted. Lofi stuff like Middle Ages is much more interesting to me, then any album from Lord Lovidicus.

I do like the lo-fi feel a lot, but it's hard to ignore great music like mentioned.

Who is the most influential artist in the history of dungeon synthetic and why is it Mortiis?

*synth damn it

I'd have to argue that it's Burzum. The ambient tracks that he threw on the first four albums are all highly influential and their impact and respect is still seen today. Even with modern day DS artists covering them, like Lord Lovidicus or Evilfeast. Mortiis is obviously also very influential, as he seems to be one of the first to release an actual full album with only Dungeon Synth songs back in 1993, while Varg would release DauĂ°i Baldrs in 1997 when quite a few Dungeon Synth albums had already come out. Still, I think Burzum defined what Dungeon Synth is, as well as the aesthetic and atmosphere behind it.

forest of eternity is the best depressive silence track

I guess it depends how far you want to go back

probably Brian Eno or some dark industrial band

what should I do while listening to dungeon synth?

roleplay

what should I roleplay as?

Design dungeon synth album covers.

this some low effort shit

its kind of funny how individual tracks off black metal albums are better than basically all purely dungeon synth releases, is there any other genre like that? Also pic related is awesome, fucking love Nokturnal Mortum

Is this dungeon synth? Sounds like a Gregorian mode

youtube.com/watch?v=ps0dnx7AHKE

a lot of the ambient tracks in black metal are from movies.

Oh hey look its fucking GAME MUSIC.

sure. doesn't mean it isn't enjoyable to listen to

best era 1 Mortiis?

Always loved this one, but for some reason I've always imagined some sort of haunted desert landscape along with this.
youtube.com/watch?v=CQq21TDJT-E

where can I buy any of these online? I can only find Mortiis.

Is everything the members of Drudkh make fucking incredible?