/jn/ - Joannna Newsom

Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/drowningman/owen-pallet-peach-plum-pear?in=nights_in_bordeaux/sets/peach-plum-pear
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I saw her not too long ago and the live version of Peach Plum Pear kicks ass, she uses the full band and it's heavy on the drumbeat.

Ys > Have One on Me

nah man, when you grow up you'll realize hoom is her masterpiece

i'd say Ys is better, but I still love hoom

I was listening to "Time, as a Symptom," when I realized.

The final song on her latest album displays a cyclical structure, albeit as part of the album as a whole (looping back to the beginning of Anecdotes, as we are all aware.)

The first song on her first album can be interpreted as having a cyclical structure, as "To be the ones t'have seen" feeds back into "The sight of bridges and balloons."

So, taken together, the entirety of her oeuvre can be seen to be cyclically looking back on itself, as the final song on her most recent album shares the trait of cyclicality with the first song on her first album.

My mind was a little bit blown, when I
realized this.

I want her to sit on my face

A R S E
R____S
S____R
E S R A

Press on me, we are restless things
Slabs of bumflesh are wobbling

Divers doesn't get enough credit

I wish I saw her live when I had the chance.

really hope she tours again soon

Love me some Joanna.

here's my favorite rendition of that tune
soundcloud.com/drowningman/owen-pallet-peach-plum-pear?in=nights_in_bordeaux/sets/peach-plum-pear

Little late with the revelation user

I think Ys is a more consistent album in its quality but when Have One On Me is good it's fucking incredible

HOOM > Milk Eyed Mender > Divers > Ys

joanna & bill appreciation thread now

>4 hours and 28 minutes ago

try image dumping

sometimes I think The Things I Say is my favorite song she's ever done, it just fucking destroys me, I think part of it just how brief and seemingly innocent it is but holy god what happened to the man you were when you loved somebody before her

Will she go full electronic??? Joanna's Kid A when??

i need more pictures of her shit cakes

at the rate she's going, we wont get a new album for at least 5 years :(