What the fuck I'm so mad at these retards for dropping the ball SO FUCKING HARD on this album. It's like a 4/10 for me...

What the fuck I'm so mad at these retards for dropping the ball SO FUCKING HARD on this album. It's like a 4/10 for me. What do you guys think, does anyone like it more than Viet Cong?

Preoccupations > VC desu familia

I don't like it more than viet cong, but it's still pretty good.

Viet Cong is one of my favourite albums ever and this one was just disappointing. There are really good moments in this album but it doesn't feel as consistently good as VC imo

I can't tell if the fact that it's more synth driven rubs me the wrong way or the fact that they made a more moody and textured instrumental choice does. But I like both of those things a lot so I don't get what's wrong with me :(

How about you find a bit of space in your mouth among all the cocks you're currently sucking and tell us why you think that? What makes that album a 4/10? Your post and thread are fucking worthless unless you elaborate even the tiniest bit. It's like none of you know how to discuss music on the most basic of levels.

VC is like a 9/10 for me so I feel you. The songs felt more meticulously crafted on VC like idk for instance, when comparing death too memory death makes off like a fucking bandit it's honestly just really sad I'm really sad about it

heh
shut up, mate.

:'(

Kek boy I just wanted to establish the space to discuss this album first. I've replied to every comment so far with much more specific details as to why I think the new album is 4/10 wake up

public strain >>>>>> act of tenderness > VC >>>> Preoccupations

preoccupations is still a solid listen but everything else they've done is so much more interesting

It's hard for me to say. Public strain and VC are very close for me. I feel like the only redeemable song on preoccupations is stimulation but that's mainly because it's like all the stuff they've done thus far. Which makes me sad because I am a fan of bands changing their sounds from album to album but this new stylistic direction they went in is just so dull to me. The synth sounds are kind of unimaginative and the moody textures are just not very engaging + the singing went down the fucking toilet I think it basically has no character throughout

kek I guess I'm the only one that prefers Preoccupations to Viet Cong

oh well

I prefer it over Viet Cong as well. I'm a big fan of the more minimal synth-based direction and Cure-like sound, as well as the bits drone here and there. It feels a little more cohesive than VC which while good was just "here's some post punk songs"

Why do you think that is my friend? And how far apart would you place the two on a relative scale? I really wanted to like preoccupations, I really did, but I think it might be the worst album I've heard this year...

it would have been better if Forbidden was a full length song, Sense was a nice vignette but TWO vignettes in sequence was a flow killer

Viet Cong had seamless flow throughout the tracks so I'd say it's a bit better

Stimulation and Memory are fucking killer though

my nigga

>worst album I've heard this year

nah, it might have disappointed you, but it's very far from being the worst of the year

btw my opinion is literally the same as

most of the singing on this record makes me cringe, sadly. like not cringe in the meme way, i mean in a way where it physically hurts to listen to.

"ANXIIIIETYYYYYYYYYYYYY"

ugh

i really miss women, but at least we got pat flegel's project, cindy lee, putting out some fantastic material.

While I didn't like Preoccupations I have to say that the middle part in Memory just before the drone is possibly the best thing they've done up to this point

What's Cindy Lee like? I've never heard of them

you forgot women s/t and cassete. update your ranking or its automatically wrong

moody folk noise.
pretty inventive. not super innovative but more original than preoccupations.
wish i could find a physical copy of act of tenderness

ok well

public strain >>>>> act of tenderness > VC >= women >>> casette >>> preoccupations

thats a good ranking. i still personally think even with preoc on the bottom being great shows how good all the offshoot bands are