What's the worst genre of music ever created?

What's the worst genre of music ever created?

>That comes to your personal opinion.

But what's the genre most people consider the worst these days?

For me it's reggaeton

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zCB8Z_fO2Yo
youtube.com/watch?v=eiw3Mez01kQ
youtu.be/kAuYSuPBbUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5mOIXdC4rgA
youtu.be/X5KJM4XCLSQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AV8N44HzfBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nO2d253rkO8
youtube.com/watch?v=toqB9fvQvJY
youtube.com/watch?v=Exgc-QKA22Q
youtube.com/watch?v=4bEDM4bsfWg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubstep
youtube.com/watch?v=JnkMgGQpVGU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Mystikz
youtu.be/lgCZN1rU5co
youtu.be/XwR2862-JxE
youtube.com/watch?v=9FWgcBfs5A0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skrillex
youtube.com/watch?v=vQ3kdCN9jec
youtube.com/watch?v=ckMvj1piK58
youtube.com/watch?v=C1P38oxSuA8
youtube.com/watch?v=VvoZBB79h58
youtube.com/watch?v=-Qp2STF0U0k
youtube.com/watch?v=tx21BWh3OOE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dubstep. Name one good song.

Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites

Crunkcore.

ska

i just hate ska

i don't know what most people would think is the worst.. maybe

Reggaeton has some pretty chill tunes.
youtube.com/watch?v=zCB8Z_fO2Yo
Stop being a faggot.

So you legitimately don't like Superman or The Impression That I Get?

End your life.

>the impression that I get

ngl it's probably pop punk

post-progressive dreamfunkcore

>Skrillex
>dubstep
wew lad

>Stop being a faggot

Dude you're fucking retarded if you think any reggaeton song is even remotely good, not only it sounds a lot more shitty than the worst rap or crunkcore you may find but it pays homage to a lot of cringeworthy music acts like these:

youtube.com/watch?v=eiw3Mez01kQ

The Impression that I get is ass (kek) but Superman is p good.

Is Fueled By Ramen a Genre?

Because if so then, that.

Maybe Atlernative Emo but not really Emo

Kill yourself

You must be retarded if you consider crunkcore better. At least reggaeton is 'listenable' even if the lyrics are garbage and it's literally the same song over and over again.

also
>image macros
>2016
back to your shitty metal facebook pages, my man.

no
stop whining

Ska
Doo-Woop
Electro-Swing
Reggaeton

But the worst of all has got to be Kizomba. Fuck. Kizomba.

Skrillex is dubstep. The core parts of the genre are still there but he just brought it to a larger audience

This. So much this.

Lol yea ok

>The core parts of the genre are still there but he just brought it to a larger audience
Loooool, name 5 other dubstep artists then that came before Skrillex.

Liquid Stranger
Nero
Porter Robinson
Modestep
Pendulum

>mid-high range synth noises
>electro house beat
>no sub-bass
hmmmmm...

In all seriousness, crapcore. Some of it is tight shit though.

youtu.be/kAuYSuPBbUQ

You seem to be confused as to what dubstep is.

THIS is dubstep:
youtube.com/watch?v=5mOIXdC4rgA

That's not dubstep friendo

Shit didn't realize that link was sped up, use this instead.
youtu.be/X5KJM4XCLSQ

>Liquid Stranger
>Nero
>Porter Robinson
>Modestep
>Pendulum
>implying any of those artists made "dubstep" prior to 2009 or 2010
>implying you even know what dubstep actually sounds like

drone metal
brutal death metal
memphis rap and any soundcloud hack inspired by it
harsh noise
dark ambient

it's so small i would barely consider it a genre. like it's three bands

THIS is even worse

>name 5 other dubstep artists then that came before Skrillex.

>Liquid Stranger
>Nero
>Porter Robinson
>Modestep
>Pendulum

Are you fucking retarded or what? Do you even know what dubstep is?

>THIS is even worse
wew lad

Either Crunkcore or Future Funk. Both are godawful abominations

I'm with on CrunkCore.
Here's the best known example of the genre. If this doesn't convince you nothing will

youtube.com/watch?v=AV8N44HzfBQ

lol no

Zomby
Kode9
Skream
Benga
Burial (kinda tenuous, but w/e)

And I don't even listen to dubstep much.

You have an example of 'Future Funk'? I've never heard of that before this.

let me guess, it only sounds good on huge speakers in a sweaty club?

youtube.com/watch?v=nO2d253rkO8

This sounds nothing like dubstep. I think you're the one who's confused.

youtube.com/watch?v=toqB9fvQvJY

hard house a.k.a donkcore

Joyless, repetitive music. Unlistenable without drugs.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
NEVER HAD TO KNOCK ON WOOD

....I don't see the problem with this DESU.

It's flat, boring, and soulless. It's vapid to the extreme with no depth.

well let's see who can post the shittiest song he can find, I'll start:

youtube.com/watch?v=Exgc-QKA22Q

Try to top that.

And I don't like metal my friend, don't get mad just because I used an image macro instead of "quality maymays"

>This sounds nothing like dubstep. I think you're the one who's confused.
I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or if you're just a stupid American.

The youtube channel is literally "Dubstep Tracks" and Digital Mystikz were one of the formative innovators of the genre. You realize it was around years before Skrillex-esque music began to appropriate the term. Its roots are in UK Garage and soundsystem culture.

Ok I get what you mean now. Thanks for clarifying.

youtube.com/watch?v=4bEDM4bsfWg

I think you're just wrong and trying to use youtube sources to back up your argument. The video I posted is also in a dubstep playlist.

he's trolling you fuckwit

>doo-wop
>bad
laughinggreasers.jpg

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubstep
>Dubstep /ˈdʌbstɛp/ is a genre of electronic dance music that originated in South London, England. It emerged in the late 1990s as a development within a lineage of related styles such as 2-step garage, dub, techno, drum and bass, broken beat, jungle, and reggae.[1][2] In the UK the origins of the genre can be traced back to the growth of the Jamaican sound system party scene in the early 1980s.[2][3] The music generally features sparse, syncopated drum and percussion patterns with bass lines that contain prominent sub bass frequencies.
>At the end of 2003, running independently from the pioneering FWD night, an event called Filthy Dub, co promoted by Plastician, and partner David Carlisle started happening regularly. It was there that Skream, Benga, N Type, Walsh, Chef, Loefah, and Cyrus made their debuts as DJs. South London collective Digital Mystikz (Mala and Coki), along with labelmates and collaborators Loefah and MC Sgt Pokes soon came into their own, bringing sound system thinking, dub values, and appreciation of jungle bass weight to the dubstep scene.[33] Digital Mystikz brought an expanded palette of sounds and influences to the genre, most prominently reggae and dub, as well as orchestral melodies.[41]

I love country and I love rap, but countryrap is a fucking abomination.

Do they accept wikipedia articles as references in your papers at Britbong Uni?

youtube.com/watch?v=JnkMgGQpVGU

This is from a 2004 compilation called "dubstep all-stars".
Does this sound like any of the shit you're posting?

fucking word

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Mystikz

Yes it does actually. This is just the earlier more boring incarnation of it. Similar to Buddy Holly being the early boring incarnation of rock.

As a huge fan of ska music, I'd like to say that Third wave ska is not really the best representation of ska. Those songs and bands are good, but I think some better examples would be

youtu.be/lgCZN1rU5co

Or

youtu.be/XwR2862-JxE

youtube.com/watch?v=9FWgcBfs5A0

Seriously mate you didn't even post their shittiest track

>more wikipedia articles

good argument, hold up and let me post some too

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skrillex

clearly says dubstep in the genre list

really like Bonfire, by Knife Party is pretty good. it is really Dubstep, mixed with Dancehall, or whatever. there is a lot of reggae in it

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?
AND WHY DO I KNOW IT EXISTS NOW?

you retarded faggot, you don't even know what dubstep is. nobody is ever going to remember your no-name faggot producers. only skrillex. edm is supposed to be turnt, not boring and shitty.

where the fuck else are you going to get histories of musical genres so far underground that the people on the next block have never heard of them? besides, Wikipedia does post references, you know

there is worse, believe me, I live in Mexico and that shit is being played in lots of public places everyday

Plunderphonics

>histories of musical genres so far underground that the people on the next block have never heard of them

Ohhhhhhhhh! you mean genres that don't actually exist? Here I was thinking you were just stupid up until you clarified it for me.

There are tons of articles about underground music out there. For dance music, The Wire, Resident Advisor, The Quietus, Simon Reynolds' articles and books, even Kode9 has a PhD and teaches courses about underground music at the University of Glasgow.

...I am so sorry for you.
This is just....no.......

yo... this is nice. do you guys just hate brown people's music?

there has to be some kind of cultural component, because I love this, and I fucking hate Noisecore, or whatever you call it. a few years back Cred Forums was stroking its collective banana to Merzbow, and shit. that stuff is flat out unlistenable.

or deep IDM garbage like Ambient. I get that it is supposed to be smoked out background noise, but two notes repeated for 5 minutes is not music. sorry Aphex Twin, you are too hit and miss.

no, I mean hair splitting shit like Math Rock or whatever flavor-of-the-moment Norwegian metal band decides to call their music. although, dance music does this, too. who can tell the difference between Sea Punk and Vaporwave? or Drum and Bass and Jungle?

whats up with Cred Forums replying to bait threads?

b-but

famski if you can't get turnt to this you've got a disease
youtube.com/watch?v=vQ3kdCN9jec

Hick Hop.

idm
it's just noises

What's sea punk?

I am surprised no one took the shot at the huge, easy target: Factory Dance Pop. because no matter how inscrutable some sub-sub-subdivision of EDM may be, how ear splitting Malaysian Jungle Punk may sound, how baffling Inuit Throat Singing might be, deep down, there are real artists trying to make a real connection with their audience. even if their audience it 10 people on Youtube.

under the glossy plastic sludge coating Boy Bands like N*Sync and Take Five, or whatever, is there anything but glass eyed moneymen and soulless husks of producers cranking that shit out for pretty teen boys to sing?

reggaeton is patrician compared to funk carioca

pop punk or nu-metal

What do you think pop punk is?

goofy doesnt mean bad

You pleb dipshit.

just because it's inaccessible, doesn't mean there's artistic merit or anything

Surf Rock.

/thread.

Because a lot of bubblegum pop "artists" make tolerable music at least, sure most of it is shit but there are way worse music genres compared to it, and this is just speaking about the sound, who cares about the connection these guys may try to make with their fans?, we're just talking about the overall sound proposal we perceive from this music

>Drone metal
>Memphis rap
>Brutal death metal
>Inaccsesible
Don't have to be in the depths of the underground to have a based knowledge in music. Some mainstream stuff is killer. In the same way some obscure stuff is great, some of it rabid shit.

really great comment, no /s

you sound like a vegan
look, i know how the sausage is made, but you can in fact make a song that people genuinely connect to even with only money in mind, or you could be a genuine artist without any idea of what you're doing that sort of negates your own vision

dude how can you say that about reggaeton cosculluela rhymes are way better than kanye's

90s and later pop punk sucks ass. bands like the undertones or the rezillos are great though

hip hop
dubstep
anything edm
screamo metal
pop
rnb

objectively wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=ckMvj1piK58

ambient isnt idm you drop kick
>but two notes repeated for 5 minutes is not music
who said it isnt, you can dumb it down as much as you like, but there is definately a lot more going on in ambient than just 2 repeating notes
please noose yourself immediately for spewing such garbage

christmas music is the most insipid bullshit ever

100% vaporwave no meme
fucking awful
it's joke gone too far

p good desu

sick

true, but Hannukah music is GOAT tier

that is DUB you Fuckwit

>brutal death metal
Nu-male spotted

underage spotted

Posting the legitimately worst song I know. I don't know what genre this would even be, but it's the worst thing I've ever heard.

youtube.com/watch?v=C1P38oxSuA8

It's actually pretty great, you should give it a try sometime
youtube.com/watch?v=VvoZBB79h58

>Digital Mystikz
>Dub
no. They're dubstep. Plain as.

I've never heard any mentally cognizant adult defend crunkcore, snap, or electro-swing. So I guess those three.

see

>Memphis rap
Wew lad

This.
I don't know the genre.

youtube.com/watch?v=-Qp2STF0U0k

Anyone mentioning Reggaeton is literally a musically ignorant pleb. There are some actually awful genres and you name one that's just slightly below hip hop. Come on!

Anyways, for my answer, any revival genre. Probably garage rock revival if I had to choose.

Awful opinion

shoegaze revival is worse mate

shoegaze is terrible I forgot it's an actual genre, completely erased it from my mind as a traumatic experience

ehh, loveless clones (as in 80% of the genre) are dull as shit, but some of the harsher/dronier bands can be fun.

I hate drone desu, I have never heard a decent shoegaze band, even loveless was below-average
If you know any good ones, do post them

Post-grunge

>AAA! FRANKIE SINATRA!
Got one answer wrong already.

You are below average

Rap

Great now I have this trash in my YouTube history

turbo folk

I can easily tell the difference between drum n bass and jungle.

Every genre I don't like, I at least appreciate and understand the appeal, even if it annoys me

this on the other hand is just the worst musical hybrid imaginable and takes the worst elements of both the types of music it is inspired by

I agree with this.

Mala - Anti War Dub

Sunshinecore

Hip-hop

I had Mexican roommates, and i can confirm, they play that kind of shit at every party. I fucking hate those beat, its on every song. So glad they moved out

>he doesn't like drone
>he doesn't like memphis hip hop
>he doesn't like dark ambient
top pleb

Shoegaze, Post-Rock, Indie Rock

>kizomba
I agree.
And you can't even imagine what's like to live in a city where that crap is popular.

I heard each genre people posted here, still nothing comes close to rap hip-hop, being the worst genre, almost every other shitty genre has rap hip-hop influences (there is good hip-hop, just not with rapping).

agree

Crunkcore
Hip-hop and rap generally(excl. Jazz/instrumental)
Nu-metal
Prog-metal
Vaporwave
death metal
Black metal
Screamo

I could list more but don't feel like it

hot cunnies

Assuming you're talking about brostep:
Rusko - Jahova

Babylon Volume 1 is brilliant and the best to come out of brostep.

He's not that wrong.
I've explained this multiple times.

There is no denying that these Skrillex tunes are nothing more than an adaption of the dubstep idea to a different market.
It's still fundamentally dubstep, even if the culture and the people associated with it are filth. It's still a logical development based on the Coki tunes. You know which ones I'm talking about here. If you don't, you have business talking about dubstep at all

Holy shit is this b8? Or are you actually so insecure that you have to disavow anything that you percieve in your tiny mind as "edgy"

>Spooked by buzzwords

lmao

+1 for posting their best song

>Kizomba
Well, where i live its a good way to pick up girl

metal

opinionwise I'd say trance or reggae or deathcore or some shit
in the eyes of god tho the worst genre is objectively trap

probably jazz

its pretty copy pasty type music with half of the genre being people taking old soul/disco songs and throwing some side chains into it, so its understandable that it gets hate

upbeat pop punk with "elements of ska" brass hits on weak beats/trumpet riffing, that is the worst genre

>"my mind is too weak to recognize melody"

Big Beat / Breakbeat
If you like The Chemical Brothers or Crystal Method, just kys

What do you skate too though.

nigga reggaeton is da party jam man you can't have no party without reggaeton yo

ska and nu-metal are the worst easily, ruined the 2nd half of the 90s and the early 2000s too.

I think there are far worst genres out there than reggaeton.

you sound like some 12 years old child from a facebook metal page

punk is objectively the worst genre

even post punk revival such as interpol?

This isn't brutal death metal you cuck.

wigger slam
basically br00tal nu metal

youtube.com/watch?v=tx21BWh3OOE

it doesn't even use guitars, does it? it's literally just crunk with screaming, and i mean crunk is already about shouting anyways

even though that's a commonality between those genres, it's not what makes them shit
twee is shit too

Yes

War Metal
>no musicianship to speak of
>no riffs or pop appeal to speak of
>no dynamics of any kind
>if there were any of those things they'd be lost in flat kvlt production
>hundreds of bands that are all the same right down to the cover art
>doesn't even have the novelty/cringe appeal of something like crunkcore

This.

nu metal was good btw

Post-grunge without a doubt

Hip-hop/rap

It isn't that bad musically, but it is destroying the american culture.

War Metal is good tho.