SWANS TRILOGY

Can we discuss and appreciate one of the greatest musical accomplishments of this decade?

We have witnessed one of the greatest trilogies in music unfold before our eyes.

which is your favorite?
discuss.

Definitely one of the most ambitious musical projects attempted in a long time and done very well
My favorite is To Be Kind

I like to be kind the most because Anthony Fantano said it was rly gud

>

To Be Kind or Soundtracks?

Discuss

bloated =/= great accomplishment

To Be Kind. Only Because i've never been able to sit through soundtracks

TBK is way more fun to listen to.
SFTB helped define a genre.

Soundtracks

>2016
>being a contrarian

expand please

To Be Kind > The Seer > The Glowing Man

switch the seer and the glowing man

Definitely Soundtracks but TBK is still top notch

I've only heard two of the three but the faults prevented them from being 10/10s

>swans
>music
pick 1

faults?

>implying the seer is worse than the glowing man

>the "test your patience, trust pitchfork's opinion" trilogy
no thanks

HAHAHAHAHA PLEBS! Unknowing that Dream Theater has been continually btfo swans with album concepts

ugh

Too long, emotionally one-dimensional

>stop disliking what I like!
Is this what Swanfans are actually like?

these are all pretty good but they really lose their charm after a while even though they don't sound all that similar. It doesn't sound like anything I've never heard before even though the whole process was difficult for gira.

The Seer is still the best of those three.

>that Glowing Man's final track outro

>I have the attention span of a child so others must too

>pitchfork
>approving M.Gira

glowing man>to be kind>seer

objectively

And what bliss it was to see them perform in person earlier this month. Blessed.
To Be Kind > The Glowing Man >(pretty close) The Seer

To Be Kind is a goat for me, but Soundtracks isn't too far behind. Definitely a "decent 4.5/5."
Soundtracks has a number of songs which are clear weak links, but that's kind of to be expected with 2-1/2 hours and 26 tracks.
TBK is almost as long, but with only 10 songs and 11 musical palettes, I'd argue there's less of a chance for mediocrity.

Diff. user but I agree with them, and see, you can't really use the word "worse" in this context.

They're all so gotdang phenomenal, but each have entirely different vibes. But you already knew that.

What puts The Glowing Man over The Seer in my book is the fact that it doesn't have "Song for a Warrior" and "The Daughter Brings the Water." While thematically fitting great, they aren't as interesting to my ears as the rest of the album. Take those out and The Seer is a literally perfect album. Love "The Wolf," though. That should stay.

That's kinda how countless fans of anything are like, um? And on this board, umm???

>Dream Theater has been continually btfo swans with album concepts
whos the pleb again

I like you.
I see your point though, I'm just a complete sucker for all the acoustic tracks on the seer and even the glowing man.

Soundtracks, TBK is still good.

Perfect song imo, so comfy

so glad i got to see them a few weeks back. also am i the only one who thinks tbk is actually the 'worst' of the three? (scare quotes because all three are 10/10 candidates)

It's decent and a bit Dark Soulsish
However old man Gira pull out some lazyass outros in that trilogy

The World Looks Red/Black outro was pretty nice tho, almost a mecca pray

the songs are tedious. I mean, they don't really deserve to be 6 minutes long, let alone 20 or 30.

Except actual grown up music has a much shorter length, average 45 minute albums.

Haven't they given all of these albums very positive reviews?

yeah, in fact TBK and TGM are not very good.