youtube.com/watch?v=GFYsuQoi6ew
youtube.com/watch?v=OmPr2QfHVOk
ashbringermusic.bandcamp.com/album/y-gen
youtube.com/watch?v=9hmLamvzHhM
youtube.com/watch?v=2OaUQQ7edzM
youtube.com/watch?v=-9YqL4mfCdM
youtube.com/watch?v=Fxz3CDNgvp4
youtube.com/watch?v=CzOzl-EABYA
cheerleaderconcubine.bandcamp.com/album/tentacle-induced-intestinal-displacement-2
youtube.com/watch?v=S8xxxu0_0Hc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for opeth best band

A T M O
T
M
O

who tf up

You're all easy baited suckers when people start shitting on the state of metal today.

lmao at the jazz riff retard

black metal only

RIFFS vs ATMO poll right here! Vote up, famz.

strawpoll.me/11269478

plug.dj/mu-metal

Was Celtic Frost the first extreme metal band to be pretentious as fuck in the way that DsO are now?

yeah

In metal, riffs should create atmosphere. Production, texture, timbre, etc only compliment it.

Into The Pandemonium is one of the most pretentious metal albums of the 80's

what're you fucks blastin?

ROOTS BLOODY ROOTS

pls come into the plugdj and play some blackmetal

If it doesn't riff, it isn't metal

Finally someone said it. The classical thing, the fucking trip-hop. What pricks.

Anybody going?

how hasnt metal gotten better since this record?

no jazz riffs?
gay

that's not even the best Burzum album senpai

no idea

Figures TGW wears DsO shirts all the time

yes it is you retard

isn't as good as INRI or Dictius Te Necare though

Filosofem is just a shittier Hvis Lyset Tar Oss

holy fuck fuck this gay album. literally the worst of his classic peroid.

every respectable metalhead knows that only the first 3 tracks are good, and even them the third track is lacking. its varg's most wankiest and self indulgent album. only hipster atmocucks actually like it and im so tired of you fags spouting this album like you won the metal lottery or something when in reality you took about 5 minutes to find it on rym and you listened to dunkelheit once.

please get some fucking taste and leave this general, or better off just die.

this
every person that thinks Filosofem is the best Burzum album has only listened to Dunkelheit.

who hurt you so bad

And yet not one of you can explain why Filosofem is worse.

Not in any objective sense.

Burzum s/t is best

True, but Dunkelheit's got the best riffs Varg has ever written. I don't even like Burzum as much as I used to, but I still usually start guitar playing by playing some of the riffs from that track.

>Not in any objective sense.
because quality statements about music are inherently subjective

Yes, that is the reason why. Good for you.

Somebody tell that

is that a fucking blood incantation album
i thought there was only starspawn

its an ep they released a few years ago

I wish Australia got festivals like this. Soundwave got progressively shittier as the years passed.

here are superior riffs
youtube.com/watch?v=oWaC8pDGeAI

Varg did so much harm to metal, I'm surprised people still show any respect towards Burzum.

You mean you can't read that briarfuckpatch of text?

Are the types of people that are stayed? What happened to the old shitposters?

burzum lead to deafheaven

Can you prove that?

A good burrito can lead to monstrous burning shits. Doesn't mean I'll stop eating burritos.

You should stop eating burritos though. You're fucking obese.

>Periphery
>TesseracT

Pick one and why

deafheaven led hipsters to burzum

none
they're both shit

I'm 65 kg friend. And though they're delicious, I only moderate myself so I don't die of high blood pressure from eating so much salty meat.

tesseract
they're much more adventurous with their songwriting.

>moderate myself so I don't die of high blood pressure
untrve as fuck

>I'm 65 kg friend
No you aren't. Double that, maybe, if you've been "moderating"

post body qt

TesseracT is actually good tho

ROOOOOTS
BLOODY ROOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAGH

This is actually pretty good. I feel like some of the riffs are pretty weak though tbqhfam, but overall not bad

Thanks for not posting memes for once guys

Go to bed Jesse.

Why would I lie?

Only if you post some big boi riffs

I wonder what possible reason a fat fuck could have to lie about his weight

What reason could it possibly be

Graveland>Burzum

I don't know friend, having never experienced such a scenario myself.

If it's your first time it might explain why you're not lying very well.

it's like picking corn kernels in my shit

Alright

Perhaps I have body dysphoria, and am truly a fat person trapped in a skinny person's body (aka Transfat). Thank you for opening my eyes at last. Burritos are on me tonight.

Yeah, I see a lot of fat guys trying to be self-deprecating so that the insults of others don't effect them as much. It's a self-defense mechanism.

>Only if you post some big boi riffs
youtube.com/watch?v=Wsfm67VE32Y

Anyone got some, I guess avant garde shit? Been getting into Sgh and im looking for more interesting stuff. I don't want retard avant garde where they cut genres so fast its like swapping radio stations, but when it flows nicely it sounds decent. Idk I'm just currently bored with music atm trying to fix my next fix

Is it better off to just leave metal music and move onto jazz or blues? Tired of listening to ebin power chord or open note riffs with 10 different layers of distortion ontop.

Nice dubs. Are you the sperg from the last thread?

>some cuck will actually pay money to go to Oakland to be racially abused by his favorite bands

Only on the third day, like any reasonable person.

>Oakland
>black
Get with the times gramps.

How did they manage to put a better lineup than MDF this year?

I enjoyed it but agree that some portions are kind of bland

the new oakland demographic is exactly the point
get with the times, xher
the first night will reeks of beta white guilt

Which one? Last thread was sperg-ridden

>missing Revenge
>not a poser

pick one

Anthony Fantano gave Revenge an 8/10

Ah I see I misunderstood. Yes I would not attend the first night if you paid me to.

Revenge are the normiest war metal around bru

>Angelcorpse headlining over Demilich

What in the god earth is this shit

I can't read half this fucking shit

If I were to make a chart for essential cuck metal, what would I put on it?

Deafheaven

blood incantation

Mastodon
In Flames
Killswitch engage
Dream theatre
Dragonforce
Children of Bodom

Why is TesseracT and Gojira considered cuck metal now. A couple weeks ago you guys liked them.

Excellent suggestions so far.

Ah, of course, TesseracT and Gojira. Essential cuck metal if there ever was any.

Couple weeks ago cucks were posting while we were out working

can you lurk more to read into subtext

Gojira's been solidly in cuck metal territory since the great Vektorposting

Jesse pulled a double shift that day

> everyone on /metal/ has a similar opinion.
When will this meme end?

I like gojira from Terra incognito to magma even though their style evolved which some consider a crime against metal

What bands have committed crimes against metal?

m8l8th

liturgy

Annihilator

metallica

Does anybody have a black metal chart that's not basic?

Please elaborate on why you dislike them

Mmm thats some good shit user.

maybe deathspell omega

youtube.com/watch?v=ZUnS93C5U_4

Dislike who?

Oh, not this crap again. Fuck off to pol, you little shits.

Why would I go to Cred Forums?

>Mastodon

Yea they are a special find, one of the best rec's ive received from here. Really unique stuff, make sure to check out their other albums like hail horror hail youtube.com/watch?v=d0YZyAXvxKs.

Sounds like black metal prog/melotic/whatever the fuck people want it to be. Heard alot of stuff similar to it unfortunately, ill give it a couple spins through and see if it grows on me, thanks. Second pray is bretty good ill admit. Maybe I just need a metal break and need to come back to metal in a couple years, idk

Since you have no choice, you dense thick turd.

For someone with no choice, I seem to be staying here very easily.

Yes, it's because you don't use your pol words. Once you use it again, Satan will happen.

ayy lmao

What Cred Forums words? Cuck? Cuck metal has a lengthy history here in /metal/. That's like saying I should go to Cred Forums for discussing NSBM.

is this real fucking life

What are some other bands/albums like Dirge? I've listened to some of the usual atmosludge recommendations, but none of them seem to have the same feel

youtube.com/watch?v=NF7GdN3NS-E

>Cuck metal has a lengthy history here in /metal/
Oh yeah, perhaps a year is a lengthy history for you, dull faggot. In other words, shut up and stay away from the hall with your turd-tier maymays, frogs and 'new hot dank stuff'.

Muh march of the fire ants

A year is a fair amount of time here, considering the turnover. New people come constantly, the old leave. Cuck metal has remained constant for some time now, no matter what attitude you take.

why the fuck is the guy arguing pro-cuck metal the one not using buzzwords and shit?

>lengthy history
a few months tops

According to some very angry, buzzword-spouting sources, a year. I'd suggest you search the term in the archive, and see what happens.

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S53080297
>Jan 24, 2015

So, longer than most of you faggots have been around
point goes to cuck metal

>He thinks Remission is the best Mastodon album
What's it like to have a band outgrow you?

Probably since it's not an argument, but a clear 'get the fuck out' message.
Go have an argument in pol, or whatever attracts you, minge twatties.

what was that one album that started with a bomb blast?

Cuck metal is here to stay friend. We'll be celebrating the two year anniversary soon.

>or whatever attracts you, minge twatties.
What attracts me is discussing cuck metal here. So that's what I'll do.

youtube.com/watch?v=YgqydMN5VQw

whatever, "friend"

nigga it's you and like two other people using that term tops. besides isn't nuumale the new dank pol meme?

Ok, but I'll shit on you in the process for discussing pol crap.

See? Now we can be friends together and talk about how Burzum is top tier cuck metal.

I'd like to know why you think three people tops. I'd also like to know why Cred Forums memes matter in this discussion.

Discussing what Cred Forums crap?

cuck is a pol buzzword. it tends to be used by crossposters who have no solid arguments. also you or other posters have a similar and distinct way of typing, its noticeable. you sound like jesseposter

I understand and am aware that cuck is a Cred Forums buzzword, but I'm discussing cuck metal, which has been around /metal/ for nearly two years now.

How do I sound "like jesseposter"?

You see, all you can do is obvious cheap b8ting. I'd split your face in half simply for polluting my general with the irrelevancy.

What b8ing? Literally what b8?

Increase the amount of shit you're already eating, friend.

Opeth? More like NOpeth, am I right, folks?

Satan, buddy, I have no idea what you're talking about. I was just trying to discuss cuck metal civilly when some edgelord starting trying to b8 me.

I'm thinking of making a chart for the genre, you see.

sorceress is disappointing, to say the least

adding metal to the end of a term does not qualify as music discussion. should we have femdom metal discussion? aheago metal discussion? if you haven't been around to see jesseposter at work I can't really help you out

I didn't just add metal to the end of the term; that happened nearly two years ago. I was thinking of making a chart, and asked for recommendations. Some time later, I've seen Jesseposter once or twice. Not sure how I sound like him. Not even sure what his deal is, honestly.

youtube.com/watch?v=LhqijfqecvA
Why people today believe that the 70's sound is somewhat great is beyond my comprehension. Especially if these are really good people like Mike.

OH GOD

WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?

Leviathan is clearly their best album, but it's still only 6/10

>that fucking intro

Makes me chuckle every time

you don't like it?

out of curiosity, what do you think of the sound of starspawn, or have you listened to it? wondering if you just hate warm textures.

>you don't like it?
It's not a question of liking, it's more universal, a question of understanding. Nostalgia is not bad on its own, in fact Opeth's early albums are full of 70's allusions, but I don't understand their reasoning behind three last album's sound and music. Why would you turn an original act into a 70's clone? What happened?

>buzzword
back to le ribbit

back to le shit eating

Solid album

youtube.com/watch?v=16cjppueY8U

i think akerfeldt said he's done everything he can with opeth, so he's taking a new direction.

Then why don't start a new act, without metal rhythm section and a shredder guitarist? He said he actually wants to simply be a singer-songwriter, and I'd love to listen to that, not to crippled dying Opeth.

I'm really starting to enjoy the
>proof
meme.
Keep it up, guys.

You can count on it

Can you prove that?

I sure can.

a t m o

whats good a t m o

if that entire chart is based off of agaloch then it must be like 80% shit

the best atmo is honestly more like 90% black with a few brief interludes of atmosphere.

dark medieval times is good atmo tee bee ache

Cult of Luna
Amenra
Isis

Aside from the Sunday lineup, this looks fucking awful.

Can you recommend me some mechanical sounding death metal? Something that evokes the kind of imagery in picture related.

Needs to be raw though. Can't abide overproduced crap. That shit is lazy and just stilts the imagination.

Try Necrophagist?

Not only is it overproduced, but musically it's absolutely not what I'm looking for. It's not really death metal at heart.

>It's not really death metal at heart.

Go listen to Deathstrike, early Death/Mantas, Necrovore, Morbid Angel and the rest of the roots of this whole thing and then tell me what Necrophagist has to do with those atmospheres.

What do they have to do with each other?

He's not wrong

>It's not really death metal at heart

Why don't you kids like Carach Angren again?

Stop samefagging you morons, Necrophagist and most of the new age tech death it inspired completely abandons the atmospherics that made death metal special in the first place

That's my question.

Death metal is foreboding, violent and dark. Necrophagist is later Death through the prism of techie metal like Spawn of Possession and Psycroptic. I rarely like that kind of stuff. It's confused doodling that fails to really evoke any atmosphere. Notable exceptions off the top of my head - actually Spawn of Possession on Cabinet, Deeds of Flesh earlier material and I guess Nile though I see them as separate from this trend.

>muh OSDM is the only true DM-fag

Nope I just don't like soulless tech death
Modern death metal with cleaner production can be great, like Sarpanitum for example

>like Sarpanitum for example

is stanne the ultimate mealfu?

Wew lad. I gotta ask, though, you know I do:

Can you prove any of this?

>Carach Angren

Never understood the appeal of this band

If Black Metal had a cheesiness scale, Carach Angren would be sharp cheddar.

[spoiler] I still like them though [/spoiler]

youtube.com/watch?v=USIao3W2W1E

Damn man you weren't kidding

Is this what blackies listen to nowaday?

No, not really.

i can tell autumn is coming where i live

post essential autumn music

first one to say ulver - bergtits et eeventyr i 5 capitler gets to stay on my aircraft.

youtube.com/watch?v=x-Uf_gQsS7Q

More winter-ish, but still GOAT for dark evening walks in da woods

youtube.com/watch?v=GFYsuQoi6ew

/metal/'s thoughts on Arsis?

SUCK IT IN
TAKE IT DOWN

One good album, the rest is meh

New song this friday

What happened, anyways?

They didn't really change their style much, they just... started sucking out of nowhere.

Neat, didn't know about that. Thanks for the heads up.

Also there was a new Dead Congregation album announced. Good things on the horizon.

I hope it features Bjorn "Speed" Strid

im diggin this. is the newest album out?

Agalloch, obviously

post the earliest extreme metal you can /metal/

>1982
youtube.com/watch?v=OmPr2QfHVOk

ashbringermusic.bandcamp.com/album/y-gen

What does /metal/ think of Pestilence's "Spheres" album? It seems that people either love it or hate it.

I personally love it. Just sounds really unique. Everything from the vocals to the riffs are great.

Anything similar that you would suggest? Closest thing I know of is Atheist's death/thrash stuff but it's not quite the same.

Born to Be Epic
Björn to Be Strid

IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE?

I'm seeing blood incantation tomorrow

dubs decides what I yell at them between songs

Are we dead?

Post albums that REALLY make you think

WHO'S THE BEST DRUMMER OF ALL TIME?

Please don't vote for Fenriz.

Thoughts on these guys?

Not metal

>I'LL
>KILL
>YOU

what did he mean by this

youtube.com/watch?v=9hmLamvzHhM

If anyone is looking for a vocalist for their project or just a song or whatever, I can help you out.

I growl and scream, my cleans aren't that great so no power metal. Mainly interested in black or death metal.

>that riff at 2:43

What did they mean by this?

Here's an example of my voice
youtube.com/watch?v=2OaUQQ7edzM

>artwork is two photographs shooped into each other with an instagram filter over it.
Absolutely disgusting sempai

Good growls.
Your screeches sound emo as fuck tho

>chug chug chug with no groove for 2 straight minutes
The keyboard and your growls are the only good things about this song.

Count Your Blessings was alright just because of how genuine it was. It wasn't good, it was just typical high school brootal, and that's how it carried itself. The rest of their stuff is try hard. Now I have no idea what they're trying to do. Olly is also a gigantic twat.

wew this band sucks ass, decent growls though

Thanks guys. The only thing I contributed to this project was the vocals. I really like the guitars though.

>Your screeches sound emo as fuck tho
T-thanks user.

I liked Sempiternal

How do I make cybergrind?
I wanna pay homage to all the ultraviolent cyberpunk anime I watch.

>Mastodon

wormed

nvm, just read the "raw" part of your post

Raid your mom's pots and pans and steal your dad's HAM microphone, ape out on it and record with Audacity, make a few crunchy fruity loops and upload it to your bandcamp page. Don't forget to make unreadable script tshirts to sell to 13 year old girls. Never play a real show to cultivate mystique. Get signed to a label that doesn't actually exist but is willing to put out at least ONE cassette or 7" split with another band that is actually just another side project of your own, but don't actually sell any of them. Start a blog with nothing on it other than "WATCH THIS SPACE" that you never plan to update. Give 'er a shot, it's a proven method.

>why don't they
>I'd love to
>I want that
>I want this
I was like you, kinda. but we''re not Opeth frontman, man. just let it go and let Mike make decisions, even if they suck for you.

Sorceress is the most Opeth-like album they've released since Watershed. Heritage is a personal favorite for me, but hated PC because of what you're trying to prove: is a simple tribute to the 70s and it's their worst album. Now trust me when I say that I guess goosebumps while listening to Orchid and Blackwater Park, but Heritage, sounded Opeth to me. It was dark, it was weird, it was bleak and atmospheric. All the things PC didn't have. Sorceress? Is Heritage 2, heavier and less experimental, but I still see people saying is PC 2 and that it's still a fucking tribute band. Hey, if that's what you think, that alright, but I don't see it. I hear Opeth. I don't hear the fucking Beatles or Jethro. Is Opeth doing bleak shit with a 70s production sound which I really don't like, but prefer over Ghost Reveries production. Watershed is their best sounding album, and the perfect balance between a metal and rock production I've heard.

is there a way to contact you in the future? I've got some black/death/doom bullshit in the works, might be a while or might not take off at all

>reaction image

I've been sleeping on those guys for way too long.
I think this might be some of the best industrial metal of the past 15 years.
Also the frontman has small round sunglasses so he's automatically a trve industrial rocker.

youtube.com/watch?v=-9YqL4mfCdM

But 13 year old girls don't buy cybergrind shirts and don't listen to the music.

Yeah man. [email protected]

Take as long as you need, I'll be up for doing vocals whenever.

nobody buys cybergrind.

then clearly you're wrong about 13 year old girls

thanks, I'll contact you if/when the project gets somewhere

I never said they'd buy them, I said "to sell to 13 year old girls" implying if you're making cybergrind music you're probably also into porking preteen girls.

I think you're confusing cybergrind with cybergoth.

I'm not, but cyber anything pretty much fits the bill.

I can do one song at a time and stuff too man, so don't feel like you need to have a whole album recorded or anything.

HE DID IT AGAIN THE MADMAN
10/10 ALBUM

You're full of shit.
And preteen girls don't care about cybergoth fashion anymore.
cybergoth isn't even a music genre.

why the fuck is /metal/ garbage now
shit looks like metalstorm comment section

>oh shit, better write something stupid in an assured tone, maybe I can confuse them into thinking I know what I'm talking about

there's always a few threads every now and then that are complete ass, generally /metal/ has been much better recently

t. complete fucking idiot
cybergoth is a scene though
At least we don't have that "I have thousands of posts on an English language forum but I still can't string together two words correctly" chucklefuck.

Agreed. June/July was complete meme overload, but now that the underage b&ns are back in school it's gotten better.

Summer Cred Forums is real.

yeah cybergoth is a scene but the music is harsh EBM/aggrotech/hellektro

who /wiggerslam/ here??

youtube.com/watch?v=Fxz3CDNgvp4

I'm currently saving money so that I can buy a bulldozer in order to drive it through the gang-ridden streets of LA while blasting Ebinardiectomy from my boomy box.

Storm Corrosion was really good but that was like 4 years ago my dude

only weebslam matters in this plane of existence

youtube.com/watch?v=CzOzl-EABYA

Speaking of CC, the new album is FINALLY FUCKING OUT

cheerleaderconcubine.bandcamp.com/album/tentacle-induced-intestinal-displacement-2

>meme hairhorn sounds
>trap-influenced beats
>Simpsons samples

that's a pretty lame album cover desu

>FINALLY FUCKING OUT
i almost believed it would never come out with the years of delays desu

NANI!?

>Modern death metal with cleaner production can be great, like Sarpanitum for example
>Sarpanitum
>an example of clean production

Hahaha oh wow

I mean, they're great, but it's just thick noise for the uninitiated.

>that airhorn

I mean Cred Forums is the newfaggiest board but I never thought I would see apologies for newfaggotry this blatant

I would go just for Hooded Menace to be honest

>no jazz riffs
>Blood Incantation
What did he mean by this?

>listening to new Allegaeon
>suddenly Björn "Speed" Strid
>mfw

poor mans suicide silence

youtube.com/watch?v=S8xxxu0_0Hc
another metal thread
again i post this
again i will not get any reply
maybe someone will confuse this with Sabazios again to meme me
bye

UGH

This is /metal/, take this Brazilian bongala-bonga reggae dance band out of our thread

I like some metal but holy shit where the metalfags in highschool just terrible. Fantastic reason to not get into that genre much back then.

thoughts?

i will try again tomorrow
one day you will forget this maymay
ONE DAY

Total Death, Goatlord, and Ravishing Grimness by Darkthrone are really overlooked. Really enjoy those albums.

Not their best album but I like coming back to it from times to times

In my opinion the way of all flesh is their best album

I'm not the only snake-worshipper on this board anyway.

I'd follow the memes this time and would rather vote for From Mars To Sirius

I'd rather vote for Fenriz.

Why wouldn't you vote for Fenriz, aside from his unwillingness to be elected?

it was a pretty good publicity stunt tee bee aych

nice cade

Was it?

Is it?

got him tons of attention just before the album release

This. Fenriz is the guy I respect the most in Metal.

I love him as well, but he can be a huge contrarian at times.

He doesn't care about that.

>He doesn't care about that.
it's what he was aiming for

it's weird and cool, but the songs are kind of monotonous

Doubt it, knowing his character.

>buy a bulldozer in order to drive it through the gang-ridden streets of LA while blasting Ebinardiectomy from my boomy box.

Gangs surround and set fire to you and bulldozer before the third song starts.

RIFFS OR ATMO

ATMO.

RIFFS

atmo ruined bm

NEW THREAD
NEW THREAD

L'Enfant was a good transition album for them to Magma, but I'm inclines to prefer TWOAF/FMTS

Terra Incognita and The Link are great in their own ways too, such a unique sound to them

Love it a lot.

whats up with meme strid
is he good is he bad tell me what you think because I don't get it

yes

He got featured in over 50 songs, mostly shitty obscure metalcore