Why does Cred Forums hate ska?

Why does Cred Forums hate ska?

It's not just mu
Everyone hates ska but ska fans, because it is uninspired trash, regurgitated over an album with horns.

Ever listen to Phish? Its a lot like that, minus the horns and add trampolines.
>You'd prolly like Phish actually, OP.

You will grow out of ska.

I like Streetlight Manifesto

everyone with a brain hates ska
shit music shit fans

This album is good

The closest things to Ska I like are The Police, The Clash, and Madness

you call THAT ska? THIS is ska!!!

My ex liked it :(

Do 18+ ska fans actually exist? That's pretty close to brony-tier.

It's my favorite genre and its so diverse. You can go from jazz ska like Don Drummond to black metal influenced ska like Choking Victim.

I like original ska and late 70s/early 80s two-tone/revival ska like The Specials et al but the music scene is over saturated with cheap 3rd rate ska which is repetitious and boring.

This is true 100% of the time

Sup famalam, I dont dress like that and when I tell people I like that kind of music they're surprised. I don't listen to it as much as I used to though

Phish is a jam band. How is ska remotely like any jam band?

what the fuck is ska

No one on Cred Forums actually knows what ska is.

Wow no wonder this board has shit taste
They know nothing about music

i have uni aged friends who are in a ska band and they're honestly cool guys even when they geek out and dress like that to go to gigs

I'd go to a ska show

seems like fun

Because Cred Forums only likes experimental hip hop

depends on what we're talking about
third wave ska (aka ska-punk or ska-core) is kinda juvenile and a bit repetitive.
second wave ska (madness, the specials etc) are timeless and a lot more varied and everyone loves/should love them.

that said, the arrogant sons of bitches and bomb the music industry (the latter of which has a lot of output that is distinctly NOT ska) are fucking great and i'll fight anyone who says otherwise

I hate ska, but I dig operation ivy

I don't like alot of ska. Im very picky with this genre. Streetlight is like ska fusion for teenagers. I like stuff like the toasters, the specials, the slackers, operation ivy, leftover crack and chocking victim, and against all authority. Days n daze is cool too.

because its a shit genre with no innovation whatsoever

it's the same shit over and over
culturally irrelevant
everyone who listens to it claims to have been friendzoned at least one

Ska is weird, its either really not very good or absurdly good for example this is a legit masterpiece

remember when that guy was the "you're fired" dude

Wish we could turn back time to the good old days tbbh

Jump into an aeroplane turbine.

u r my friend

Hell yeah baby, I'm your friend

Y'know I find Jeff very underappreciated on this board, he's not really talked about, I've tried making threads but they die very quickly, but whenever I mention him or his projects the people that know about him are so fucking nice, its wonderful

i've met jeff a few times (which i never really thought would happen living in australia) and he's a real lovely, down-to-earth dude.

vacation is one of my favourite albums but his new stuff (as jeff rosenstock) is pretty cool, too. got to see him a couple of times last month.

vacation was sorta popular here in 2011 and we cool? got a fair amount of coverage on Cred Forums last year. but Cred Forums has changed a lot - it seems kinda dead and the only active threads seem to be spillover from Cred Forums, dg threads, bleepbloop, metal or sharethreads. kinda sad.

I'm 19 and i've only been drawn more into listening to Streetlight, Reel Big Fish, Less Than Jake, Bosstones and ORESKABAND more and more. I guess this addiction to catchy songs with three chord is revenge for never having a pop-punk phase, numetal or anything similar phase. I listened to obscure power metal and legit Cred Forumscore in middle school. Fuck me.

I love ska shows, they're a blast.

Three Cheers for Disappointment is one of my all time favorite albums.

I've met him a couple of times too, nicest guy ever but I honestly don't know anyone that likes him

It genuinly believe that he's the greatest living musician right now, his almost heroic diy ethic, the quality of his songwriting, producing, and performances, in addition to the fact that he runs two labels is way too impressive for him to be so unknown

Ska bands are either really good or really bad, there's no real in between
This is a 10/10 album though