How did psychedelic musicians create music while under the influence...

How did psychedelic musicians create music while under the influence? When I take weed or hallucinogenics or psychedelics I become an inoperable person on the floor pretending I'm a puddle of water laughing at everything I see. I can't imagine actually doing something productive in that state.

some nice quads right here

you're weak

I know....I'm not really good with alcohol either

If I can't play music while tripping I freak the fuck out. If I'm not doing something productive, my mind goes to real dark places.

isnt the obvious answer to just take less of the shit
I dont even do druqs

If you do it enough you will build up a tolerance for it, so you can handle yourself while sky high in whatever.

Dont fuck with heroin or crack ect.

but then you don't become crazy and create your visions into music

Yeah never gonna touch that hard stuff. Nowadays there's enough information on the interent it's impossible to not know about it

They didn't. Most great psych pop songs were written when high, if not stone sober.

Then you're a moron. It's not difficult to write songs and play instruments while on drugs. Once it actually got to producing and stuff they were probably mostly sober and could function normally.

They didn't make the music ON drugs, they used their drug experiences to make music

No, most bands make music while ON drugs. They don't wait until they're sober and be like "remember when we were high and actually had good ideas, I wish we were like that now"

Exactly
I'm pretty sure it was either John or Paul who said the Beatles never wrote or recorded while high, but would get high and have their experiences and then would write stuff inspired by them later

That's not how it works at all though. Try creating something while high. It'll seem amazing at the time but when you sober up you'll realize what you made was a bunch of gobbeltygook. They do the drugs first, have the experiences, and reflect on them afterwards.

You'd edit them later but still write them while high.

If you wanna do it, you'll do it. If you come up with a riff in your head while you're tripping and you don't immediately record it or at least write it down you are seriously fucking up

Also this is exactly how it is, musician like animal collective record and write while they trip and go back to refine it later. It's just the best way by far to write a truly original tune

citation needed so hard

They didn't. They probably waited for the trip to be over to do any serious writing or playing.

Well it's like the 'Write drunk, edit sober' principle times a thousand. I've come up with sounds or phrases that were awesome while tripping, but attempting to write songs in that state always leads to a feeling of embarrassment when checking it out the next day.