ITT: forgotten Cred Forums core

No one posts ITAOTS anymore but it's not truly forgotten

Bright Eyes could probably qualify

ITT: flavor of the month garbage

2007 alum here. Bright Eyes was never REALLY Cred Forumscore.

Smile is forgotten Cred Forumscore. MBDTF is forgotten Cred Forumscore. Spiderland is forgotten Cred Forumscore. Dirty Three is forgotten Cred Forumscore. Alcest is forgotten Cred Forumscore. WAY BACK WHEN I would argue that the first Protomen album was Cred Forumscore before Cred Forums forgot how to have fun.

>Smile is forgotten Cred Forumscore.
>MBDTF is forgotten Cred Forumscore.
>Spiderland is forgotten Cred Forumscore.
These albums are posted like 30 times a day.

>Spiderland is forgotten Cred Forumscore
It's still posted a lot here but I really can't tell if the praise it gets is post-ironic contrarian shitposting or not

>Spiderland
No way

Does anyone think hospice is actually good? I only found two and sylvia interesting. It seems like the only people who like this album are neckbeards who think it's the saddest album in existence and wish they had a gf dying of cancer so they could feel what it's like to lose something they love (as opposed to never loving anyone bc there neckbeards).

It's just a breakup album but I always thought the way the lyrics were written is very nice, it's almost direct, like a letter to someone.

I still listen to both of these sometimes.

how could i forget

>Spiderland
The others are debatable but here you're dead wrong, it's still discussed all the time.

MBDTF is not discussed much though and I feel that if Kanye hadn't made any Cred Forumscore since then it would definitely be forgotten.

Cred Forums basically started as a nerdmetal board

this lol
I like it but it's not amazing, it really loses its potency after your first period of listening to it.

I really love it for the concept. I like listening to it front to back like a story. A sad, but beautiful story.

Battles was pretty hot here for a while.

This, too.

You're projecting all round son

The bible 2 sucks fat dick

This place used to be so different.

I love Astronautalis but this has never been Cred Forumscore per such. All the Astronautalis threads I've seen didn't get much replies, but then again I'm alumn. 2010 so I might have been a bit late for the party.

Never see this on here anymore

Ah, well that album in particular got rec'd to me in 2012 I think. I remember it being on a lot of people's charts.

I still love this album. Really nice melodies and arrangements.

I was gonna say Plastic Beach but now Gorillaz is blowing up again.

fuck

Cmon guys. These haven't stopped being talked about at all.
I feel like 2/3 of these were just troll posts but I feel like I have to say something anyway.

what do you mean 'fuck'..? it's literally on here everyday...

I love hospice. I listened to it for the first time in a while the other night and I was getting so many chills. Kettering is amazing.

meme album

Way back Modest Mouse was talked about very often. Used to see This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About quite a bit.

This fucking thing

You wanna talk about truly forgotten Cred Forumscore?

That's because within the first week of it being posted the No Fun Retard Brigade started spamming "VIRAL VIRAL VIRAL!!!" and every gullible retard on the board believed it.

Damn, I don't frequent Cred Forums often, nor do I listen to much emo. But I vaguely remember listening to this band. There's no way they were that big of a hit.

Never Forget.

William Bonney before this.

I fucking love Astronautalis, and may have been the one to rec it to you. I used to host anticon + associated hip-hop sharethreads 2010-2012.

>Forgotten
Nah, I still see that album posted all the time

But I still see people talking about this!

I've seen these a few times this week already.

Are you retarded. I might as well be a newfag when it comes to Cred Forums, and I've seen Smile, MBDTF and Spiderland posted a million times already.

J-Junkie Church is good, user

I never forget. I listen to this now and then, still close to my heart.

This is forgotten for a reason
nobody has forgotten Spiderland

enlarge it

These trips wont be forgotten.

I dont think hospice is forgotten yet, and i still listen to that alot

fuck

bastard shit

Listened to it yesterday, still great.

I know a guy just like that.
He always happened to crush on girls that seem to be going through some lasting trauma.

Guess so.
Thing is, it's not really due to lack of interest (although it could have been) it's cause of Cred Forums-crossposters' obsession with calling people cucks every chance they get.

I feel like F# A# is still talked about all the time, but I haven't seen lift your skinny fists in a long time.

Most of the albums posted here are from 2009/10-era Cred Forums.

It's not just that these albums are posted less frequently, they're also representative of the popular 'indie' music of that time. Pitchfork - and this board - have moved on since then.

I think the bible 2 is pretty good

dangit

This album is still solid, in my opinion

:( love this album

I've saw this shit at least three times yesterday

read the text m8

I still fuck with Merchant Ships. Midwest Pen Pals was also good and Park Jefferson was nice too

fuck you

Ayyy I just listened to it last night. So good.

Look at the three chart threads right now

MBDTF and Spiderland are not forgotten.
Smile definitely is.

>MBDTF is forgotten Cred Forumscore.
Kanye stop trying to victimize yourself

Also Skylarking

it's 2009 and i'm taking thirty triple c's and putting this album on

Oh shit how did I forget about Battles.

This album was the first fantano review I watched. Just a little fun fact.

000 shit

>tfw no post rock sister

Great album. I don't remember it being Cred Forumscore though.

skinny fists and f#a# get posted all the time
yanqui needs to be posted about more regularly 2bh

SYLVIAAAA

William Bonney will always be my all time favorite jack senff project

it's amazing to me that people think it's about cancer when the metaphor is so blunt. It's about being abused by a sick girlfriend.

I still like it, but its replay value is kind of shallow

FAGGOT

>Bowie, Beefheart and Prince were alive when this was made

Literally listened to that yesterday.

>Buddy Holly
>aerospace engineering

top jej

And thank god it's been forgotten, too, it's garbage

Its not top 8 Cred Forums core but that doesn/t mean most of us don't have it in their music players

These are not forgotten at all guys

saw them live yesterday

21 pilots sucks lol

this is, was, and will always be Cred Forumscore

You fuck

unrelated but I hate this new chrome update

it irks me

Forgotten for a reason. Man I still hate this album and its forced sadness.

That really irritates me. Its like the whole board forgot its existence in an instance.

Wow

I listened to this for the first time a few days ago, fucking fantastic album. I'm sad it's apparently considered "forgotten" but to be fair I did learn about it from someone's chart on here.

>IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE AND BE GONE FROM MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
SOFT AND SWEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT

Uh the one that's a newspaper

LET ME HOLD IT CLOSE AND KEEP IT HERE

WITH MEEEEEEEEEEE

Dirty Three was never mu-core wtf

This one

Thanks for the input, Fantano

>he doesn't rate Kettering, Atrophy, Shiva or Wake
why do you hate art?

U

Not forgotten.

I listen to this album often. Does anyone know what language it is?

I wish onager was a real album cause i love the cover art

Rightfully forgotten

not forgotten

Ocean Songs was 2nd tier Cred Forumscore when i showed up.

And to everyone replying to me about Spiderland, MBDTF, and Smile - you missed what they used to be. Sure people still talk about them, but they are not the OVERWHELMING topics of discussion. This board was only MBDTF when it came out. Like 20 threads going at once. Couldn't get a word in edgewise. Same with MPP. That was maybe the biggest shitstorm I've seen on this board.

Cred Forums dropped them hard after the name change, but they were on the way out since cuckposting. Doesn't mean they haven't made some quality though, people is a great album

I wouldn't call them Cred Forumscore, maybe 3rd tier Cred Forumscore, but...

The Pax Cecilia - Blessed are the Bonds
Suffocate For Fuck Sake - Blazing Fires and Helicopters on the Front Page of the Newspaper. There's a War Going On and I'm Marching in Heavy Boots.

were both in heavy rotation for a while. Both excellent.

Plastic Beach is awful, though

I miss 2009/2010, bros

Was this ever Cred Forumscore? Some say it was/is but
I've never seen it being discussed or posted enough.

>photography

saw this thread on the Cred Forums homepage

i stopped coming to Cred Forums a few years ago, here was the latest chart when i left

someone has to take the time to update it

pls no

thank god it's forgotten, that album was shit

Here's the newest one

You're wrong

One thing I don't understand is, why doesn't Cred Forums listens to classical?

because everyone finally realized how fucking shit this album is.

Tristain Und Isolde is a Cred Forumscore opera waiting to happen

fuck you

>TMS as top Death Grips pick
Nice

You would think that for Cred Forums to be as obscure and unrelatable as possible, we would have more obscure classical posts featuring unheard 19th century composers.

How can you listen to Hospice and not like Epilogue? And from what I've seen Shiva is really fucking underrated.

*your wrong

Same...never forget The Tourist.

kys yourself

disgusting
well there's only so much you can talk about a single album

for real though this album is god tier

Such a good album

Wait how did this even happened to be Cred Forumscore? It's pretty much post-rock album #142 isn't it.

I remember when the Empyrean was almost Cred Forumscore

i'll legit beat you up fucking white boy

me too user, and that album is totes fun

oh for fuck's sake

Dude I actually totally did forget about Alcest and am going to go listen to their first record right now

RIP The Tourist

Still one of my favorite records, shame their reunion has been so bland.

>PROJECTING: THE POST

This is still a good listen

This is only worth it for myspace-tier notalgia

It got spammed so much that I think the board doesn't even need to post about it to acknowledge it's existence. ITAOTS is basically an integral piece of the board's culture (in b4 durr hurr board culture).

>swim coach
ouch, but also kek

i've been here since 2010, lurked a lil before that
merriweather post pavilion
hospice
i'm wide awake, it's morning
all forgotten
nah
mirrored was much more popular than gloss drop

nah, people who can eat people

def not Cred Forumscore
like fuck your emotional bullshit is only sub-Cred Forumscore, along with algernon (for recent emo, anyway)

nah

alice was, crystal castles weren't

this has always been somewhat popular, never huge

funeral or untrue would be the most forgotten
itcotck and mpp are also kinda dead

but funeral was never really posted about in the same way any of those other albums were

>itcotck still on there
>the money store
>vu&nico
>mpp
nah

kinda

I could've swarn this album was Cred Forumscore a couple years back.

eh dirty three was sub Cred Forumscore desu. Alcest yeah I'd say maybe, MBDTF eh not really since kanye is still talked about here in general, and smile eh it was sub Cred Forumscore and beach boys are just talked about here so yeah

>Applied Physics - ICP
well that is a forgotten meme. or at any rate i forgot

what is it

>thinking you can decide what makes Cred Forumscore
discussion could effectively cease for all of those and they'd still stay Cred Forumscore since people are so adamant to change it

i mean, not really, Cred Forumscore is what gets regularly posted and kinda has meme status on the board
itcotck hasn't had that for a while
there's always arguments over the best dg album
mpp hasn't been memed in forever
kinda similar for untrue
velvet underground and nico is rarely posted on here

it's not an opinion thing, it's all to do with how regularly they are talked about, posted about, memed

and most of the albums i referred to as not mu-core have never been really notorious on Cred Forums

Fucking magnets. How do they work?

nobody forgot about it.
it's just that too many of us genuinely like the album and were starting to get sick of it being memed all the time.
I would actually be willing to bet that itaots is the most widely appreciated album on Cred Forums

is having a "forgotten Cred Forumscore" threads with the antlers as the example Cred Forumscore yet?

What was that folk about with the guy in a horse mask on the cover? People used to keep posting that when they were tired of posting ITAOTS

Lol I remember when I used to listen to this numale cuck band...

I remember people hyping this so hard now no one ever talks about AnCo anymore

Here's another thing that Cred Forums forgot:

>implying

its wierd how Cred Forums shifted from being openly left to ironically alt-right. Back then people actually made fun of them because they were so white

smiled when i saw Stapleton

Merriweather Post Pavilion and Hospice are the two big forgotten ones that were near-universally popular in 2009. In the Court of the Crimson King to a lesser extent. Definitely used to be a lot of love for AJJ, but I don't think it was politics that got in the way, just people in general lost interest in folk punk. It's a very dated genre, lost somewhere in the 2000s.

I actually remember when everyone *loved* Tyler, the Creator. Bastard was, like, acclaimed, but soon after Goblin, he tanked here.

other than the multiple threads daily I mean

>connecting Lady Gaga with cafeteria just because of Telephone

man, that's a dated reference. Miss you, 2010/peak Gaga.

Remember when Varg was a meme?

I came here to post this. Damn good album too.

It's not cool to like blues anymore so mu has dropped it. It's all about the "indie". That's what high school chicks dig.

This album is genuinely good unlike most Cred Forums-core

But this wasn't forgotten
:^)
Help

hehe

same here man. it felt like such a fresh time for music. so much of what gets posted here now is still just in the wake of those years.

I think Cred Forums as a whole is winding down. Aside from Cred Forums, nothing really new is being created and few new memes are being made on any boards. The people who made the website great are slowly growing up and trickling off and all that's left is people reposting older memes and spiralling into a weird little self-referential circle-jerk.

I'm just waiting for it's inevitable replacement desu.

Holy fuck I love this album, I've only seen it posted a few times since 2013 though. Nice taste, shame they broke up.

I listened to this the other day! amazing album!

Its true. I'm a /fit/izen and that board will have no discussion of health for pages. Just kids forcing memes. Why bother? This site went to hell once that pony bullshit chased away the funny Cred Forumstards. I left for 3 years and this site has been invaded by reddit and anti-social kids. /fit/ used to be an exit board cause it helped people achieve things they thought were impossible their whole lives. It taught people how to develop good habits and get rid of the bad ones like browsing this site.

Has this ever been Cred Forums core? I never see people talk about it here.

fuck you

I knew what it was from the replies. Yet, I had to see it. Masterful move user.

This is fucking great, this album.

And Lou Reed

>I would actually be willing to bet that itaots is the most widely appreciated album on Cred Forums

Weid way to spell In the court of crimson king

this

jokes on you my mum does nightshift during the week

>Kanyew - Public Speaking
kek

ITCOCK

i singlehandedly memed this album into being Cred Forumscore a few years back, lel

thanks for meming
it's great

it had like a couple weeks of buzz cause of that rym review
finnish

this was like original Cred Forumscore for me, and honestly was like my first recommendation I held in high regard back in like 2008

I still don't understand why Discovery is under pitchfork-core. They gave it a pretty lukewarm review when it came out and didn't really champion Daft Punk until their RAM comeback

this is one of the most popular albums here

:(

Yeah, damn shame.

Naw see a few threads about this gem weekly.

faggot

A lot of people also recommend 'NO NOW'

>law
>applied physics
>aerospace engineering
>pharmacology
>TIME MANAGEMENT
>child care
>swim coach
i miss Cred Forums

Helios - Eingya

I remember seeing this posted a lot, but never actually got around to listening to it desu.

sub Cred Forumscore at one point, yeah I think so
Saw more discussions about this album than RHCP for a while

Great record tbqh

>Julian Casablancas
>time management
kek I've seen this image before but I never noticed that

surely if any of their records was Cred Forumscore, it'd be the lemon of pink

Really? It kinda wouldn't surprise if this was true.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprise if Cred Forums was also a board for anime music and vocaloid as well.

I tried to argue with the creator that Ok Computer should be over TVUN since it was originally where TVUN is but he said "WE CANT HAVE TWO RADIOHEAD ALBUMS"

>Culinary arts
>not MF DOOM

>>itcotck still on there
Why would it not be, it see it being posted a lot in this board.

Shit