Cliff Williams leaves AC/DC

theguardian.com/music/2016/sep/21/acdc-bassist-cliff-williams-confirms-retirement

Yes, you read that right.

kek, this band is just falling apart more and more every day

>first Malcolm Young leaves because of dementia
>then drummer Phil Rudd got sentenced for threatening to kill someone
>then Brian Johnson got prohibited to sing live anymore by his doctor because of potential hearing loss and got replaced by Axl Rose
>now bassist Cliff Williams quits

Will Angus Young now FINALLY see that it is time to stop or will he be the last man standing doing solo AC/DC concerts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5ox68YV8Nkg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>implying

no1currs

Who is even left now in the band?

Angus

Malcolms nephew is on guitar and Chris Slade on drums, who was their drummer for a period in the late 80s/early 90s (he's 70 though so I doubt he'll be around for another tour)

Angus apparently wants to go for another 10 years yet, make one more album and one more big world tour, and then retire.

Angus is just a fucking egomaniac who likes to show off with shitty guitar skills, he will keep the band going as long as there are brainless fans who still suck his dick at stadiums.

Also he hasn't learned any new guitar tricks since like 1979.

On top of having been too old to dress in a schoolboy outfit for the last 30 years.

I love AC/DC and would like to be able to keep listening to Angus in the future should he decide to do anything, but I can't see how the band isn't over at this point.

You know what I would like to happen though?
Phil Rudd comes back after completing his sentence which he's done with, Angus and Stevie stay on the guitars, and they get an old guy from the 70s or fish out another Young relative to continue the band. Axl stays as vocalist because he has stated that he'll do it for however long Angus wants. Perfect scenario in my opinion.

Either way, I feel luck to have seen them on the Black Ice tour when they were all there, and I did see an Axl show with them just recently.

Well, it's like the other guy said. Angus wants to do one more album and tour yet and then retire.

Source?
Really missing the point here lads.

How was it with Axl?

It was really great if you ask me. They're playing like the best AC/DC setlist possible as well, with 24 songs. Truly the setlist is out of this world.
Also, Axl's voice has gotten so much better in the past 2 years, he does a great job with Guns and AC/DC.

Surprised. I'd have thought AC/DC's songs are too corny to fit Axl aside from maybe It's A Long Way To The Top.

AC/DC is shit without Phil Rudd. I have no idea why they persist with Chris Slade. If Rudd is mr. groove then Slade is mr. robot

Nah dude, it's better than you would think.
I just realized the tour literally ended yesterday though.

Doensn't Angus have Parkinson or some shit like that?

My fuckin nigger.
You know exactly what's up.

Why not? Axl's raspy voice is pretty good at emulating Bon/Brian. A smooth-voiced guy couldn't do it.

Apparently Brian Johnson's doctor told him he can't do live shows anymore or he'll risk going totally deaf, but I guess he'll still do studio work especially if they're planning to do one more album yet.

If Angus plans to drag this out another decade yet, it may well be wise to replace Brian because he's quite a bit older and would in fact be close to 80 by the time they're done. A guy that old isn't gonna be able to handle the rigors of a world tour and the physical demands of performing their songs on stage.

Axl would only be 64 in ten years so he'd be a much more sensible choice.

75-79 ACDC is best ACDC

They know it too. Why do you think their setlists have always been 90% Bon Scott songs and 10% Brian Johnson songs.

and nothing of value was lost. acdc is for plebs

AC/DC basslines are too shitty to keep at em for another tour, huh?

Fuck off and kill yourself

Yup, totally agree. Pretty much the Bon Scott era is the only thing worth a listen imo. Go back to High Voltage, their debut. That album actually has basslines that don't just follow the root notes.

Bon Scott wrote some pretty good lyrics actually (for example, IALWTTT); Brian-era songs seem like they're all just extrapolated from the more commercial Bon songs.

did Bon write the lyrics on back in black? They never had lyrics like that again after that

>That album actually has basslines that don't just follow the root notes

That was just the norm in the 70s; everyone had those melodic basslines. The 80s was when everything just became play the root note. Go listen to some of the classic Kiss songs; Gene Simmons was a pretty good bassist back then, but totally phoned it in after the 70s.

He did have some material written down when he died and they used that as the basis of the album, although probably not all of it was his.

Brian proved to be an awful songwriter, so much that the Young brothers revoked his songwriting privileges in the late 80s.

Nah.
Back In Black was written in tribute to Bon by the boys.

Yeah, Gene is alright. What's your favourite by Kiss and AC/DC? You know I never thought people on this board could have a peaceful convo about bands like these. I enjoy alot of stuff, but what really got me into music was pretty much 70's hard-rock.

>You know I never thought people on this board could have a peaceful convo about bands like these
This is the designated containment thread for all you dadrock/buttrock shitters.

The best Kiss albums were the first three, from Destroyer onwards, they became too commercial and too pop.

Lol shame you can't respect music in all forms.

Or Judas Priest. Ian Hill was a quite good melodic bassist in the early days as well.

I bet you Redditors also think Bohemian Rhapsody is a listenable song.

>Best Bon Album
Powerage
>Best Brian Album
Back In Black

>Good as fuck albums
Fly on the Wall
Stiff Upper Lip
Black Ice
Rock or Bust

But seriously there isn't a single AC/DC album I don't like.

Fuck off and kill yourself. The fact you need to come into a thread like this and state how much you dislike it proves how insecure you are about your taste and the fact that you simply use music for image rather any actually listening enjoyment. Fuck off and kill yourself.

Any album as a whole past for those about to rock is shit desu

This.

If you unironically discuss and listen to AC/DC, Queen, and Kiss, you don't belong on Cred Forums. I think /r/music is a better choice. They're your kind of people.

I only liked the Bon Scott era of ACDC everything else sounds too similar to each other

Plenty of Cred Forumscore like Grimes are garbage that they only like b/c waifu. You think this board has better music taste? Lyl.

Kek be careful with that edge you might hurt somebody. Fuck off to r/indieheads and kill yourself.

>muh obscure artist safe space

Fuck off and kill yourself

dont feed the troll guys come on

>AC/DC thread on Cred Forums

go back to 9gag you fuckin shit dadrockers

I wouldn't even care about dadrock if they were discussing good dadrock. But AC/DC and Kiss are about as low as it can get.

AC/DC might be bad but hey at least they're not stealing music from niggers like Led Zep or whoring themselves into a brand like KISS.

>acdc with axl rose

this is some le-wrong-generation teenager's wet dream shit

In all honestly that makes me fucking jealous though

Imagine like if Jeff Mangum started touring with AnCo or if Kanye was the new Death Grips frontman.

Now it's just becoming Angus Young's exercise program.

And what's wrong with that song?

The Rolling Stones nowadays are just Mick Jagger's exercise program. Big deal.

Am I the only one who really liked Razor's Edge?

It was the only album of theirs post-BIB to amount to jack-all.

How is it unlistenable?

it's pretty good tbqh

youtube.com/watch?v=5ox68YV8Nkg