Cred Forums unironically thought Lady Gagas career was over yet perfect illusion alone is more succesfull than Grimes...

>Cred Forums unironically thought Lady Gagas career was over yet perfect illusion alone is more succesfull than Grimes and Marina in general

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0t6Bu7uuPAw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

almost every 'comeback' single gets recognition for a while, she's going to disappear pretty soon my friend

>Not trying to defend grimes and marina, they're shit after all

wrong

>Grimes and Marina
>more popular than Gaga even in 2016

so what if she is succesfull, who the fuck cares

Meanwhile noone cares about poor Blixa

youtube.com/watch?v=0t6Bu7uuPAw

her new single is complete dogshit

Grimes and Marina
>never had a billboard 100 song
>Sold less than 1 million albums in their entire careers
>Grimes' net worth: 4 Million
>Marina's net worth 3 Million
Lady Gaga
>had over 10 billboard 100 songs(3 number ones)
>Sold over 150 Million Albums
>275 Million Networth

Sure, Marina and Grimes are more succesfull than Lady Gaga

Isn't 15 a fucking terrible position for a track like that? I mean goddamn, it's getting sandwiched by two Drake songs that are, what, a month or two old?

i highly doubt grimes cares about sales charts

I'd say that is pretty low for Lady Gaga

>Billboard charts
>indicative of success

15 is grim for her, but honestly higher than Perfect Illusion deserves. Nothing about that song is qualified to be a lead single, it is half-assed on every level. Also I watched the video, it's almost as vapid as the song and does nothing with it. It doesn't even have any gimmicks apart from headache inducing camerawork and editing. How can she possibly expect to become relevant again like this?

gaga sucks

Grimes was always too quirky and innovative to be truly mainstream. Popularity =/= quality.

this desu

What happened to this board

it's gonna be there for a few weeks and then we'll never see it again

Eh, it usually takes a while for pop tracks to really heat up and hit (close to) the top.

I doubt Perfect Illusion will crack the top 10 though.

With her live performances alone she's guaranteed to stay relevant

Not sure how familiar you are with pop charts, but let me explain you.

Lady Gaga used to be a hit factory, she had like 8-9 top 10s, all of her lead singles debuted at least in the top 5. This is not only an all-time low for her, but the song has already free-fallen on the iTunes charts (and although it has picked up slightly thanks to its video, it's still on the mid-30's position), it's not getting much support from radio or that many streams on Spotify/YouTube, so it's very, very unlikely it will even get into top 20 on the upcoming weeks. And the album sales are predicted to be kinda tragic for her standards as well.

Marina and Grimes may not have chart success (although for an artist on an indie label, Grimes is VERY successful) but they have a lot of acclaim, something that I don't think Gaga will achieve this era, to be honest.

So, yeah, I guess that for now Gaga is over.

Gaga had the opportunity to something like Carly did with Emotion. Instead she prefered bland pop. Gaga will end with weak sales and no critical acclaim.