Lonerism or Currents

Which do you prefer fellow Tame Impala normies

Lonerisw2ETS UN FILL DE PUTA
NO TENS AMICS
SUICIDAT JA

InnerSpeaker, desu

Currents because at least kevin is honest with himself

Lonerism. I think it's their best album because Kev found his sound on it. Currents is too poppy and Innerspeaker is too Beatles.

i like currents more
i know that's a Horrible Opinion to have but the songs are great and the production is fantastic
from a more critical standpoint i know lonerism is probably more technically better but eh i don't really get the same feelings from it

Innerspeaker>Currents>Lonerism

This objective and cannot be refuted.

this

I don't get the hype of this band.

t.
Ausfag

Lonerism > Innerspeaker > Currents.

this

This

Just the next trendy psych pop/rock dance music band with no emotional substance.

What band or artist has more emotional substance?

Lonerism is the most recognized for a reason, it is superior followed closely by InnerSpeaker

Currents is just decent

I still don't get Lonerism. The songs have half the ideas than the ones on Innerspeaker but are 3/4 the length.

Currents is just a really well executed psychedelic synth-pop record.

Currents>Innerspeaker>>>Lonerism

Lonerism is just very consistent sublime psych rock

You're onto something when you can make something that would otherwise sound like overly generic shit into perfection

Not a fan of the guy in particular, but Jeff Buckley.

Innerspeaker>Currents>Lonerism

Consistent in quality, I'll agree. I find almost all of that record to be way too bland.

Innerspeaker of course gets caught up in its ideas way too long, as interesting as those ideas may initially be. It's a great drug album, but not something I'd come to sober.

Currents is my favorite because it's the only one I actually enjoy sober. I didn't get into Tame Impala until Currents came out, and all of Kevin's previous stuff just paled in comparison.

same ƒam

fuck off back to r eddit you absolute turbo pleb

I like Currents a lot, I just like Lonerism more

>not doing enough drugs that it interferes with your sober waking life
When you lost your shit like me, it's always supreme

>having a job that requires you to not be high ever
This is probably a good thing

I said I'm not a fan of him, his music just has more emotional substance.

>liking overrated 80's pop pushed by Pitchfork Conde Nast agenda

kys senpai

>not being as lucky as me and having a nearly laissez-faire job where you can show up high whenever

If you make anything more than 40k a year with that job, I applaud you.

Still, it only proves my point. Kevin's first two records are really only fun while high- otherwise they're at best interesting and at worst boring.

Currents. Lonerism bores me so much

I'm hardly high though anymore and I still love them sober

I don't understand how anyone can be bored with Lonerism, maybe a little of Innerspeaker

Because it's not interesting.

>Too poppy
>Too Beatles

innerspeaker is just the neopsych equivalent of watching paint dry lmao

To you, famalam. Even though I've heard it at least half a dozen times I could sit through and listen to it straight again

Agreed

those are legitimate criticisms though. Innerspeaker takes a lot of influence from the Beatles, and Currents is a pop record.

Cool.

Miquel tranquilitza't

The Beatles are the epitome of pop

60s pop and 80s pop are very different.

you can always tell who has no ear for melody.

innerspeaker is incredible melodic wise. I rate albums by how long they stay in my head...

Perhaps he does too, it's just that he likes different melodies than you.

possibly, but innerspeaker is so loaded with "gems" its hard not to at least recognize the ingenuity going on, even if its not personally your thing

Currents, it made my 2015 summer feel like I was in a movie

completely disagree, i think its just as good sober. And literally anything sounds good high so its really not worth mentioning anyway

Psych pop for a mainstream audience and few other people are doing that right now. That's it. It's hilarious to watch Cred Forums ape them. Your average Cred Forumsnigger has little exposure to contemporary psychedelic music outside of them, AnCo, or the Olivia Tremor Control.

>how long they stay in my head

yea same, but it just didnt click on me as Currents and Lonerism did lol sorry

Currents was halfbaked ass

Lonerism is just 60's psych done poorly and the rest of their stuff has never clicked for me.

Currents is their most listenable release for me.

Agreed

Correct

>being this autistic to not get what he means