Name a band more bland, uninteresting, unchallenging, and manufactured for maximum popular appeal

Name a band more bland, uninteresting, unchallenging, and manufactured for maximum popular appeal.

Oh, wait. You can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humility
youtube.com/watch?v=6jLCDlHsVk4
youtube.com/watch?v=3BDyFuDxA-I
youtube.com/watch?v=mdd5xI9l7Ns
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>manufactured
How were The beatles manufactured? They were already a band for several years when they were signed.

honestly to hate the beatles is to be someone who's never taken a step back in their lives due to arrogance

>falling for this bait

i like them. i think they make good music.

>people can't have unique opinions on art
>you must agree with the popular consensus or you're one of those evil contrarians!
pic related is you

>They were already a band for several years when they were signed.
>this means they weren't manufactured
Lennon even talked about how they wrote songs to order and only did it for the money

What do you mean?
>>this means they weren't manufactured
Correct.
>Lennon even talked about how they wrote songs to order and only did it for the money
So?

Hey scarrufi can you stop shitposting? Thanks dude. Also, no matter what you write on your shit website, the Beatles are literally never going to not be a relevant and good band. Go blow Lou Reeds rotting cock you Italian pedo Jew .

Yeah, well Lennon also talked about anti-capitalism while living in a mansion and talked about peace while beating his wife, so you can you really believe anything the guy says?

>Correct.
lmao, you're a fuckin tard

Tons of manufactured, bland pop bands started as unsigned no-name bands. Most of them in fact. Doesn't make them any less manufactured.
>inb4 bbut muh semantics

>So?
It means that the Beatles made albums with the money in mind over expression. It's obvious, listening to the Beatles, that every decision was made with popular/radio appeal in mind.
>inb4 bbut muh revolution 9
exception that proves the rule

He hit his girlfriend when he was 19 ONCE holy shit

you aren't getting it. ah well, at least your narratives are comfy :)

>oh shit I have no intelligent response to this
>I know, I'll just be condescending to mask my own insecurity!

that's super interesting how you think i'm not on your side and trying to help you here. what's that you said about insecurity?

>manufactured for popular appeal

You mean they took the time to write harmonically rich pop music? That is the only way to "appeal" to the masses. Image can only take you so far, and I would certainly argue that more people praise their music today than their likeness.

The Beatles were experts at knowing what songs needed more and what songs needed less. Their devotion to songcraft was literally the only way they managed to be The Beatles we hold in such high esteem today.

I mean, unchallenging, sure. They were raised in an era where music was supposed to invite the listener, not weed out the normies. That's the type of songs they wrote, ones that they knew people could enjoy without feeling slighted (due to the obsessive nature of the songcraft) but were at all times immediate.

>you're a fuckin tard
What instrument do you play again?
>Tons of manufactured, bland pop bands started as unsigned no-name band
Then they weren't manufactured, were they?
>Doesn't make them any less manufactured.
It does. That's the definition of manufactured bands.
>It means that the Beatles made albums
Nice goalpost shifting
>It's obvious, listening to the Beatles
Not relevant.
>exception that proves the rule
How so? If they were 100% for money, they wouldn't have made non commercial music at all, right?

>What instrument do you play again?
not relevant
>How so? If they were 100% for money, they wouldn't have made non commercial music at all, right?
lmao

Looks like we got the pleb on the run.

child.

>not liking the most popular band in history makes you a pleb
shiggy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humility

No I meant the fact you 1) aren't a musician and 2) ran out of arguments.

Try again?

>you can't critique music if you aren't a musician
wew, we weren't even talking about the acrual music there pal

>you can't critique music if you aren't a musician
You can, it's just that your opinion will be less valid.

Any other questions?

This shit is retarded and all the contrarian faggots literally have the same arguments that they mindlessly use over and over again. Can we put this shit to rest please? The Beatles were pioneering the field of art pop as well as truly experimenting with new production techniques. Sure, a lot of their discography pre-65 and even a fair bit after that is quite simple pop tunes, but to deny that they are talentless manufactured drones is absolutely ridiculous. If the Beatles never had went in the direction they did starting with Rubber Soul, I think modern music would sound a lot different. Also stop posting stale ass scarrufi pasta

not him but your rhetoric just screams lack of experience on your part

i play bass quitar and the beatlws are my favorite point
checkmate

THE FACT THAT

jokes on you nigger

i did like that song they had that ripped off fame
that was a good song

>Bass guitar
he said an instrument user, not a toy.

21 Pilots

Anybody that uses terms like "unchallenging" to describe bands like the fucking beatles is automatically a pseud, compensating, avant teen/tryhard with no taste or individuality, and should have his opinion trashed immediately.

as if mike mills didn't fucking make rem
piss off

literally can't
>not liking beatles
>no individuality
ok bud. And besides individuality for the sake of individuality is contrarianism you pleb.

>bassfags this mad
shake my head, go tell your mom to pick up some wine at the Sam's club next time she goes out you pathetic fuck. rem isn't even good, why bring them up at all? I think we as a society should collectively forget about them completely

perfect pop song desu
youtube.com/watch?v=6jLCDlHsVk4

okay wow sounds like you need to take a nap

influence =/= quality
>to deny that they are talentless manufactured drones is absolutely ridiculous
xD

If you claim to dislike the beatles and your reasoning is "hur durr they rnt challenge xD" and "manufactured" you are both a retarded plebeian that knows nothing about the industry and music in general and a contrarian hack with, like I said, no original or unique thinking process. I suggest you go back to swans, captain beefheart, and John Fahey, free thinker.

what a perfect answer from the laziest functioning (hardly, mind you) member of any band. go cry about how the Bass takes more skill to play than the guitar you little bitch

Whats this. A clear concise post that lays aside drone contrarian mentality and instead focuses on the actual merit, both artistic and cultural, of a popular artist?

Radiohead

your mother never loved you and you will die alone.

i don't like the beatles, they kinda suck

Fuck me sideways lmao, I didn't notice that. But I'm sick of that argument, it's literally so silly while retaining a truth. If you don't think that the later half of their career is chalk full of creative music, I really feel sorry for you because while today the impact the music has is diminished because you've heard all of the band's that the Beatles influenced, the music is still as important today as it ever was.
shocking huh

Even if you hate the Beatles, even if you had a solid and thought-out argument, even if you could write a whole book about how overrated and unimportant you think they are, OP, that is one hell of a hyperbole and you know it.

If you truly can't think of bands/artists that are, as you say,
>more bland, uninteresting, unchallenging, and manufactured for maximum popular appeal.
Then you've played yourself, because you've revealed to be more ignorant of the world of music in general than any hardcore Beatles fan. This doesn't even mean ignorance at an academic level, but more of the "I've been frozen in a cave in the Tundra for almost a century, what did I miss?" kind of ignorance.

You're like the Captain America of music, except you came out of the fridge pretending you could fake knowledge with tidbits you wrote down on a napkin after 20 minutes of browsing Cred Forums.

But then again this is all a weak troll and I'm a fag for falling for it.

At least I can write complex songs that will actually show off my technical ability instead of slapping some single notes trying to keep up with the tempo. I hope you forget to turn your amp down and you damage your ears you faggot

wow, RUDE

i can appreciate the beatles importance (in terms of their influence, and their pioneering production), and creativity (compared to some other popular bands of the time), but that doesn't mean i enjoy the music. personally, i think pic related is miles ahead of anything the beatles ever released.

this

manufactured bands can make great music.

i dont know why everyone is concerned with 'selling out' since everyone has a price when they go into music.

go and teach natives music or give away your albums if you want credibility.

youtube.com/watch?v=3BDyFuDxA-I

how does it feel to know that midi can do your job 100x better than you and you know midi will never show up late or OD or heroin right before a gig?

The real tragedy of The Beatles' popularity is how much they regressed popular music. Things were so innovative and moving forward so quick during the time of How Much Is That Doggie In the Window and Mama Loves Mambo but then The Bealtes came and ruined it all.

takes more skill to make a midi sound like a real bass player than it takes to just get a real bass player (i'm not the angry bass fag btw)

milli vanilli was pretty manufactured

I don't think midis can build houses, but I'm flattered that you thought I was the same guy you were talking to earlier on.

One time I dropped my laptop in the snow

Weezer

I agree but I also think the effort really pays off when you don't have to worry about an unreliable piece of shit ruining your band because he can't be counted on not to get high before important shit. fact, all bass players are junkies. even if they aren't now, they will eventually fuck you over because of drug use

Bass players, most often than not have absolutely no practical skills. It's genuinely embarrassing seeing them try to do the simplest of tasks. Midis on the other hand can play so many instruments and not be frustrated because they have to use their brains for once.

here's a good manufactured pop band.

This song is better than anything The Beatles wrote:
youtube.com/watch?v=mdd5xI9l7Ns

[spoiler]I do like The Beatles though. I'm not OP[/spoiler]

:'D :'D
tbqhfamalam

>in all seriousness, Vanilla Ice was also pretty manufactured

(you)

Oh wait I can

objectively correct. even at their most "experimental," the beatles were generic and uninteresting.