Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NBL-c2RxNWY
youtube.com/watch?v=UxGjWAfEf7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=IMP3aBwVWKw
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4059997.stm
youtube.com/watch?v=DV08nrktjlI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

4'33"

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""art""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

yeah pretty much this.

>plebs unable to appreciate contemporaty art

Dadaism in music was primarily showcased by Les Six. Erik Satie also dabbled in dadaism, for example with Flabby Preludes for a Dog: youtube.com/watch?v=NBL-c2RxNWY

Wrong.

Death grips, anco, kanye or whatever mucore fotm

(((art)))

you understand that you can listen to most modern music because of guys like duchamp, right

ʇɹɐ

something that pisses off the alt-right?

probably AJJ

This is the closest thing
youtube.com/watch?v=UxGjWAfEf7Y

I don't know what's worse. You making the same shitty thread over and over or the people who keep fucking posting in them.

>doesn't even understand the point of the thread

t. philistine

Negativland
Literally

turbopleb spotted

get out, you're not supposed to be knowledgeable on music here

>free slam
more like this please

Oasis and Coldplay you fucking cunt

alt-right spotted. back to Cred Forums guntstain.

trout mask replica

Wait, you really think this thread is about posting music compared to a urinal? You don't even know what thats about? Have you reached college yet?

"""music"""

hows that librul arts degree

R. Kelly.

>le 'i dont get it so its pretentious garbage' meme

/thread

Fuck of newfag, redditors like you are ruining this board.

>ctrl+f
>no Niggas on the Moon
For a pleb board that considers it the best DG album you fuckers sure failed this time.

Radiohead

Try to use less Cred Forums buzzwords? It might make the reverse psychology thing work. Dont worry, you can try again another day.

its literally garbage its a fucking urinal

leftists everyone

>that
>buzzowrds
Kek, you redditors are so easily to spot. I got my daily dose of cringe just by your post alone.

I just got my daily dose from your mom.

>newfag
>redditors
>kek
>cringe

Try to leave the basement once in a while, if only to let others look at you and laugh.

Yep would my choice as well. Maybe Faust

ok so for real I'm going to say buyer's market cause of how it recontextualized those regular tv interviews to something that repulses people cause of a simple label

The rightists only enjoy old art meme. Kys

your face

4'33" isn't right cause that's the lazy version of "hurr durr anything's art" concept whereas the urinal's the edgy version. 4'33" is more like someone selling a blank canvas.

fountain is the most important 20th century work of art. so are you asking for the most important 20th century composition? right?

No 4'33's like selling someone fake glasses and saying whatever's in front of you is a painting.

The point of its isn't to say anything's art, but that all the unpredictable parts of a musical performance is part of the display.

fucking French, ruining Arts since 1 century..

That noise project the guy from Liturgy did?

Vaporwave.

Wait no, it's those Cred Forums albums.

>I only know Cred Forumscore - the posts

HHH didn't do any noise projects

Trout Mask Replica is the furthest thing from that urinal

The urinal required no work, TMR required literally torturing people

and only one of them is actually worth something

You guys are fucking retarded.

The purpose of 4'33'' is "too respect the silence that serves as the foundation of music."

It's not about making some big statement or saying ANYTHING can be art. Fucking educate yourselves.

"Foutain" is a commentary on the bourgeoisie's ironic ignorance in the face of what art actually is and it's role in society. It's a symbol of how the middle-class have no idea how to distinguish an actual work that actually presents something from a vapid sunset/an upside-down toilet.
I don't think there's an album that quite rightly communicates that same idea.

>If I don't like it, it's not art.
go jerk off to figurative art you fucking retard

Merzbow

I think art has to have an immediate appeal and not something to overly think about. this is just bullshit

probably free jazz then

>I think [nonsense] so this is bad
congratulations on considering yourself the centre of the universe and writing off modernism and post-modernism completely because you arbitrarily decided the most significant creative work of the 20th Century is "bullshit" based on nothing more than your not having half a clue about the past 150 years.

Literally all of contemporary culture is based in the ideas represented and born from that toilet.

imo making something for the sole purpose of delivering a message is the work of a critic not an artist. This just seems like a work that comes from thinking rather than the simple need of wanting to create something personal. There is no indivioduality in this and there's no way to enjoy it without *thinking* about it. It's for social study students and critics, not artists.

this thread is cancer

>I have no idea at all what art is at all
I have no idea how you have come to such a weird conclusion, but you're entirely wrong about everything.
A work of art is made specifically to communicate a concept. Every single thing about it needs to be considered in order to best communicate the concept - right down to the choice of medium, right down to the colours used, the quality with which it is carried out.

The role of a work of art is to communicate an idea beyond the capabilities of simple language or whatever and no work of art has ever not fulfilled that role.

I don't know why you feel you have the right to some magic, history cancelling opinion over the entire practice of art but it is really weird that you're posting in a thread with authority about something you know nothing about.

>this board is cancer
FTFY

Ionosphere r mutt

But that's a feat in composition... The readymades aren't.

I'm not against communicating concepts lad.

For me it needs to have an immediate appeal if I would want to go and explore a piece further. A painting can be beautiful and attractive right away, which gives me a reason to look at it for a period of time so I can try to get the subtleties and understand it more. An album can also beautiful and attracitve right away and that also gives me a reason to try and really discover it and notice everything that's going on.

A toilet on the other hand is much more of an idea, it's almost like a riddle even. It doesn't have any visual appeal that would make me want to examine it and delve into it. To understand it i'll need to activate a thinking mind or ask a critic/social study student so it will never truly impact me like a work that has immediate appeal.

it's good to communicate ideas but it shouldn't really come on top of actually creating something meaningful. The proccess of creating is to me very important in art. And should be both a physical and mental thing. It should be well crafted in all aspects, so having nothing but an idea or just a lot of technique behind it is not enough. Should be a combination of both things, technique and brain and heart.

I thought this was supposed to be post modernist

You're saying "to me" and "in my opinion" a lot, but there is absolutely no reason for you to think that your outsider opinions have any bearing on anything at all outside of how you personally like to do things - which isn't a talking point unless you enter an inane smalltalk thread.

Literally everything in you post is the mindset that the upside-down urinal was presented as commentary on. You're literally, as far as your post reads, one of the middle-class plebs Dadaism came about in reaction to.

You're free to like anything you choose to like, but you can't enter a discussion about Art and say "in my opinion [everything that constitutes an artwork] is not important in a work of art". That's ridiculous.
You can go enjoy paintings and songs and videos and men getting shot at close range all you want, but they don't qualify as art based on you liking them, they qualify as art based on the concept they intend to communicate and in the way in which that concept is communicated.

Duchamp was an amazing technical talent as well, the idea presented here can be presented in no better way than the method in which it was. That is the way Art works.

If you want to make a video about a dog and cast a slug as the dog it doesn't work, you know?

>"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""art"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

good for you, you went to art class now leave me the fuck alone lmao

>I was wrong and you corrected me and my misinformed statements so fuck off so I can keep spewing bullshit and being an idiot
What is your problem mate?.. Why is it that someone can be corrected and get offended by it? What a cancerous shit you are.

nah dude you are just a fucking closed minded douche bag and you don't want discussion, you want to be right and correct.

So you GOOD for you, you went to art class. There's nothing else I can say for someone who spouts information and facts instead of actually talking like a person.

Yep, first thing that came to mind.

>You have cancer
FTFY

>haha, I'll try to demean you by saying you went to "art class' repeatedly as an attempt to win an argument I clearly lost because I have no idea how to discuss things and when faced with and actual discussion I default on juvenile insults and hypocritical statements
Great job, lad, you really showed me. Enjoy being a dilettante.

dude I was never even starting any argument I just came here, said my opinions and for some reason you got mad as fuck and started to insult me. I never came here with the intention of being "right", you know? all my talks were on taste and I still stand behind them, I still don't agree with putting ideas by themselves and call it an art masterpiece. Maybe i'm "wrong" but I really don't care cause that's what I believe in.

lf you want to talk that's fine but do it peacefully or don't do it at all.

>you got mad as fuck and started to insult me
No, you got mad and said "lmao you did an art class bro" or something, I never made any inflammatory comments mate.

>I still don't agree with putting ideas by themselves and call it an art masterpiece
And artwork is literally just effectively conveying an idea. That's it. It doesn't matter what you think about it. You don't go into a shop and say "this is a hospital now, I say so", you know?
Art is a thing, I work in it. You don't get to reimagine the entire industry I work in because you arbitrarily decide that dead aesthetics outrank actual art.

A painting is a painting, it's not necessarily art. You should make sure you know what art is before you try to speak about it. I don't enter mechanical engineering threads and start making random statements.

Get a room you two

>ctrl+f grimes
>no results

shame

>nobody has published a classical musical work consisting solely of English text
lmao, I should do this someday

She does resemble Fountain visually, for sure. She's not nearly got as much going on conceptually, though. If anything she's like an inside-out urinal.

>something that pretty much flipped the art world upside down
>equivalent to a somewhat bleepy pop artist

pls

can you explain your reasoning? she isn't a far shot from normal pop so I don't get how you would group her with the avant garde

manipulated field recordings

>There's nothing else I can say for someone who spouts information and facts instead of actually talking like a person.
holy fucking shit dude

I never tried to define art, never said it shouldn't convey ideas either so stop putting words in my mouth. That is art that's made for message and message only, and for me art should also have something more personal to it, more layers. I don't want to just get educated with a message I want to be able to be sucked into it. This toilet might be interesting or worth to study but it's not something really that impactful in it's visual form. And for me it's important to have both.

Why are you replying to me saying that art needs to be something for you? Why do you think that's worth discussing of valid at all?

What you want from something is worthy of discussing; that's subjectivity - what you personally find appealing. It has no bearing on anything outside of you.
Like whatever you want, there's no reason to impose what you like onto a discussion.

For an artwork to fulfill it's intent it needs to be devoid of superfluous details so adding random aesthetic qualities to it just for the sake of appealing to someone who has no intention of engaging with it is completely counter-intuitive.
You obviously have no intention of approaching Art as a subject, so just don't. That's fine.

>Why are you replying to me saying that art needs to be something for you?
because that's what I was saying this whole fucking time dude! Didn't thought somebody will take eveything I say so literally and objectively. I said I didn't like it and then you decided to go full autist mode and insult me, that's all that happened. so just chill the fuck out and think about how much of a naughty boy you've been today ok?

plunderphonics or vaporwave

Isn't the point of dadaism to impose the classification of art onto things that aren't typically thought of as art? If so, manipulated field recording fits perfectly. Or on a more extreme level, leaving the recordings untouched such as Symphony of the Planets seems to be the best example.

>you're mad and autistic
>have another juvenile insult from me
Grow up, mate. You made a statement, I corrected it, you responded defending your statement, I responded with a more specific correction. That's how discussion works. This is a website made for discussions.

Your statement contradicted the idea of art so I corrected it, I did so matter-of-fact-ly. I'm not mad, I'm barely even thinking.

When someone corrects you, there's no need to go on the defensive and start justifying yourself. What you said didn't make sense. Instead of learning, you chose to keep making the same nonsense statements ignorantly like an insufferable child. What you like doesn't matter to anyone other than you. Duchamp's Fountain is the most important artwork of the 1900s. Almost everything in art, in music, in film an din literature since has been made with respect to it. Whether or not you like it doesn't matter. What you like isn't going to redefine anything, and what you like will change every day because that's how culture works.

imagine being this retarded

Seeing as dadaism is a less edgy futurism, pick any futurist music compilation.

Not exactly, it was in retaliation to the middle-class turning Art into saloon decor which essentially removed art from itself. Dadaism was a radical attempt to take Art away from them and make it what it always was. There was some post-war stuff as well.

Hilariously, the middle-class still operate the same way and in post-modern culture the middle-class will still arbitrarily call every painting 'Art'. Go on to Cred Forums and I'm sure you'll find the non-term 'art style' somewhere, so Dada ultimately lost.

The best example of a contemporary recorded music equivalent to Fountain would be something that is generic pop music made sarcastically.

Like the Lonely Island?

It's cool if no one cares I just said what I thought of it. I wasn't making any big statements claiming it wasn't art or it was shit just that I didn't like it and why. I don't even care if it doesn't matter. I just don't agree with it, that's all. that's all this shit waste of time was all about. You say you corrected me, but there was nothing to correct because I didn't say facts, only opinions.

>I'm barely even thinking.
that would explain the reading comprehension and I don't even mean it in an insulting way.

*Sarcastically with the intent of highlighting how vapid the mainstream is and how damaging it is to the integrity of the industry/field/whatever the right noun is.

Maybe Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.

My reading comprehension is fine, I've made some grammar mistakes because I was watching rasslin' while typing.
You're actually an intolerable knob and I'm done trying with you. You're the kind of blockhead that can't be helped.

It's not a matter of agreeing, you should just never engage in a discussion of Art or any sort of objective discussion at all because you're incapable of understanding the simple concepts that all of culture is based on.
I've a friend who is exactly like you and he's the absolute worst. He also never leaves his house and adopts all of his taste from Cred Forums. He's equally as impossible to talk to, to the extent that he makes an entire room uncomfortable by presence alone. A bit of introspection would do you good. The sheer amount of self-importance in your posts is fucking horrifying.

How has nobody said Turntablism/Plunderphonics?

Found objects/Found sounds, contextualized into a new form.

pc music then

UNDERRATED BTFO

hmm maybe metal machine music

I'm suprised that no one has mentioned Beck-Readymade.

youtube.com/watch?v=IMP3aBwVWKw

Beck has a bit of cred on this insofar as his grandpa was in Fluxus, who were doing the same dada iterative lazy type of conceptual stuff.

It's Dadism, that's the point.

GG Allin comes to mind for me

that was better than i expected

Whatever it is, it has to be EXTREMELY influential (not necessarily popular) and difficult for most people to get, thus warranting a lot of hate from uneducated normie philistines. Urinal is arguably the single most influential piece of 20th century art. This isn't just user saying this, people much smarted than me and you echo this sentiment: news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4059997.stm

but I thought they pissed off everybody

man I wish everyone on Cred Forums was this educated on what art means

I wish I was this educated on what art means

This

but youre wrong though

its called "fountain" not urinal

please read more

youtube.com/watch?v=DV08nrktjlI

Just popping in to say I think it's cool you just referenced Chris Burden

You're the hero this board needs, but doesn't deserve.

What's the art equivalent of harsh noise?

thisz dich

this.

holy shit

daily reminder grimes posts are all /fa/ and Cred Forums shitposters

maybe stomp?

Chris Watson

I've been on here for years and I still cannot articulate my posts and arguments as well as you, even when I've participated this exact thread at least five times because Montie spams it. Your points are the same as mine, but with the accuracy of a laser beam.

You're too good for this board. I wish this board was half as educated as you. I wish I was half as educated as you. You're like Unty if Unty wasn't a stupid teenage poser with aspergers and self-importance.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""art"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""