/patrician/ general

Do you have shit taste?

If you have not heard and enjoyed at least 80% of the albums on this chart, the answer is probably yes.

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/mu/thread/S46897521
web.archive.org/web/20100724081718/http://www.last.fm/user/Bananafish948
daily.redbullmusicacademy.com/2015/04/off-site-improvised-music-from-japan
openscholar.purchase.edu/sites/default/files/lorraine_plourde/files/etm_52.2_lorraine_plourde_article.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=WhDQMsBywOY
youtube.com/watch?v=OMkrFRXsG0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=DfM6dl_yt10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>patriciancore
>2016
more like poseurcore

>Disciple of CLT
>Only classical is Reich
>Thinks Machine Gun is good free jazz
>Thinks free jazz is the only good jazz
He'd like your taste in rock/pop but he'd call you a pleb for all the tokenism and having shallow ass taste in everything else.

"poseurism" is a meme term created by people who, instead of actually listening to music, judge it for it's reputation of being "experimental"

you should honestly be embarrassed even using this as an argument

>popular music
>patrician
ok bud
Also even considering that popular music can be pretty complex and hermetic, most of the stuff on that chart is accessible as fuck.

>Pygmalion
I guess taking Spirit of Eden and adding reverb makes an album patrician now

this is, in theory intended to be fairly entry-level experimental albums. Reich is a personal favorite, and is also an excellent entry-way into minimalism.

I made the assumption that Cred Forums would not have a legitimate discussion of this chart unless a few familiar faces were included.

>thinks Machine Gun is good free jazz
It is? Its chaotic and unpredictable nature makes it one of the finest in its genre.

>thinks free jazz is only good jazz
No, but it's certainly the best jazz.

if you honestly believe this I don't even know

forgot to address this.

The popularity of music means literally nothing. That kind of attitude is just pure stupidity. How could you judge music for anything but its quality?

Pathetic attempt at saving face. Your original post and your current argument have nothing at all to do with eachother. "Lol guis im actualy smrtr but I neeeded to seem dumb to strt an discussion". Genius, my friend. Almost as much as sticking your dick in an electric pencil sharpener, but I'm sure you'll work your way there. The chart is not even significantly different from the one that's been posted over and over alternatively under the name patriciancore, avant-teen and poseurcore. Just give up. Either way make sure never to take your trip off.

>'77 Live
An entire album full of worse versions of Sister Ray. The first song is alright but I fail to see how this is patrician

>Public Castration Is A Good Idea
I mean, it's not a bad listen because of the intensity and the length (same thing with '77 Live), but is playing the same thing for ten minutes with little to no variation really that interesting?

>if you honestly believe this I don't even know
Not an argument

You don't deserve your name if you don't even know the meaning of the term "popular music"

Wow you don't even know what popular music is. You don't know the first thing about musical families and yet try to pull off the "I'm more educated than you" card? Fuck, talk about un-self-awareness. I agree with don't ever remove your trip so I can block you

>your original post and your current argument have nothing to do with eachother
Not true. The chart is full of albums that people with good taste agree upon being "classic" or "essential." Therefore, they are the entryway to more experimental music. How is this not relevant?

>lol guis im actualy smrtr but i neeeded to seem dumb to strt an discussion
wew

>not even significantly different from the one posted over and over
It's intended to be an update, not an overhaul. Each progressive year the chart was changed slightly.

>77 live
Have you listened to all of it? The first track isn't even the best one. Plus, not everything on the album is the same.

>Public Castration
I mean it's drone, so playing the same thing for ten minutes is kind of the idea...

My apologies, I misunderstood what you said. English isnt my first language. What did you mean by this, if not popularity

"patrician" is a meme term created by people who, instead of actually listening to music, judge it for it's reputation of being "experimental"

you should honestly be embarrassed even using this as an argument

The term poseur core is used because it implies you're a fraud. A poser that knows nothing about music, certainly nothing about experimental music, yet you pretend otherwise. Largely basing off the words of others, of course. The worst, most boring kinds of people.

>It is? Its chaotic and unpredictable nature makes it one of the finest in its genre.
There's very little actual substance to that chaos though. The appeal is almost purely based on the timbral experimentation and dynamics(if you're into "loud all the time", this is the perfect jazz album for you). It's a somewhat interesting political statement taking the theme into consideration but not very interesting musically. Just loud and abrasive which is why the jazz fans on Cred Forums are generally very dismissive of it.
>No, but it's certainly the best jazz.
When free jazz is good it's incredible but a bigger percentage of it than most genres is made by lazy and untalented musicians who think that because they don't need to obey musical conventions that they can just honk into a saxophone with no intention of expressing any sort of complex emotion or thought. It's actually one of the worst types of jazz in that sense.

I don't understand why this is being attributed to me then

no stop that

>Have you listened to all of it?
Yes
>Plus, not everything on the album is the same.
Other than the basslines, I don't remember much about the album that makes the tracks distinguishable (other than Enter the Mirror).

>I mean it's drone, so playing the same thing for ten minutes is kind of the idea...
Doesn't sound like a very interesting concept to me

>What did you mean by this, if not popularity
Popular music is music preserved through recordings (as opposed to art music and folk music, which are preserved through notation and oral transmission)

Where are The beatles on this chart?

Its being attributed because you have absolutely no unique personality or taste judging off "your" taste in avanturd.

>Phish

wew fockin lad

its not even avanturd, all very well known albums in their respected genres

I suppose one could see that chaos as a "lack of substance" as you put it, but I think that the statement of the album as a disassemble of jazz itself is fascinating.

And yes, free jazz can be idiotic and pretentious, but it also contains some of the finest works of the genre. But then again, the same is true of any experimental genre, really. Theres millions of terrible harsh noise albums on bandcamp, but do we judge the whole genre based upon them?

Ah, i see what you mean now. These would be more "advanced" than what i posted, but my chart is certainly more available to everyone (for better or for worse).

And for reference, I usually see those referred to as Classical and Traditional, so i misunderstood.

meme

well now you're just being mean

>It's intended to be an update, not an overhaul. Each progressive year the chart was changed slightly.
Was removing all the classical and jazz a slight change? The fuck does a big change look like?

>DJ Screw
>Musical Abortions
explain

>picking the worst Stars of the Lid album

otherwise, good chart

I was not the one that removed it all.

>dj screw
great album. not sure whats not to like
>musical abortions
abrasive and insane. It's a serious grower

really? i always thought of it as their best work next to the Tired Sounds. What would you have picked?

Reminder this was the original patriciancore chart.

but it's good. Phish in studio is garbage, but live they extend all the cuts to incredible jam sessions. Don't avoid it because of the name.

thank you

r8 my t8ste

Add:
Thinking Fellers Union Local 282 - Lovelyville
Naked City - Naked City
Pharoah Sanders - Karma
The Dead C - Trapdoor Fucking Exit
Cardiacs - Sing to God

generic af

>le token ''world music'' album

kek

i'm pretty sure these albums are 10/10 rare finds

>de la soul, dylan, bowie, bjork, sfa
clt was an absolute madman

i enjoy most of the albums here but you should probably explore further. Boris, Joanna Newsom, and MFDOOM probably the best things here

>tful282
overrated
>naked city
I just might do that actually
>pharoah sanders
excellent album, again, might legit add
>dead c
very good, dont think i'll add though
>cardiacs
a little too wacky for me. fun but if i were to add a cardiacs album it would be a little man

what do you mean

>you should probably explore further.

Thats hilarious considering the OP chart

lmao

You should add in Between the Buttons

you can believe what you want non but it will still be generic af

you're not doing a very good job of being a disciple of CLT, you have to make me wish you were dead like I'm glad the real CLT is

Exploded Drawing
TNT
TMR
Mount Eerie
MDK
Clouddead

are the only good albums in there

you're wrong so...

this is just a bunch of entry level RYMcore and /daily/core

it's so fucking depressing to me to think that there are people out there who depend entirely on places like Cred Forums and RYM to turn them onto new music, people who are so utterly incapable of properly immersing themselves into self-sufficient and indepth exploration of music and art in general

depressing in part because it strips the experience of (heh) experiencing art of any individuality and depth/development of individual tastes and viewpoints, and in part because it testifies to a general state of severe intellectual laziness that is more focused on chasing trends and microtrends(and let's not kid ourselves, as utterly inconseqential and laughable as RYM and Cred Forums "patrician" trends are, there is plenty of people out there who are very serious and very dedicated to chasing them and getting in with the "cool kids"; probably an even more depressing and pathetic topic than what i'm talking about right now but i'm not willing to get into it here) and zeroing in on a specific and very selfobsessed personal(personal in so far that it becomes part of a low-profile microtrend rather than some bigger more major pop-culture trend at least) aesthetic than it is on substantial interpersonal connection, communication and selfgrowth(to say nothing of the question of the respect for the art/artists themselves)

the idea that someone like the OP, for example, who i imagine is just as intellectually/characteristically barren and stunted in most other facets of his existence as he is in the way he approaches and experiences art, should be allowed to have an effect on the existences of his fellow countrymen through participation in the democratic process, the idea that what he has to say or do is as valid and deserving of attention and respect as what anyone else has to say or do, is just fucking insane to me

you are a zero, OP
your existence is a net negative for the planet
you are and always will be, a zero

either Avec Laudenum or Tired Sounds

>disassemble of jazz
"Disregard" would be a better word. It's nearly unrelated to the tradition bar in instrumentation. If you'd made nearly the same album without saxophones it wouldn't have been labeled jazz. I never got why people started to make the distinction with groups like AMM but a lot of the mainland European free-improv scene got lumped in a bracket that really should have just been used for more jazzy free stuff the likes of the Poles were making.
> but do we judge the whole genre based upon them?
I do. When you're making statements about "the whole genre" you gotta look at the whole genre. The best of free jazz is some of the best of jazz but free jazz as a genre is fucking awful.
Side note: most of the "classics" of harsh noise are also fairly fucking banal.
That chart looks like some rym avant-teen looked up the "most esoteric" albums in all the edgiest genres he could find. It's a perversion of CLT's perfect vision.

>Philosophy of the World
nice

damn you really got me good

no?

show your chart user
post chest

"kill yourself"

am I doing it right now

lmao

>you are and always will be, a zero
damn... i guess my life is over now. Well shit. It's been fun everyone

>90% popular rock albums here and RYM
>few cliche albums from 3 other genres

Just stop please, its embarrassing

>"kill yourself"
no you sound like a typical memer instead of a smug high-functioning autist

Reminder that the actual CLT didn't make that chart.

7/10
would share a bathroom with

>damn... i guess my life is over now. Well shit. It's been fun everyone

wouldn't see me crying if it were desu

I'm a patrician too :)

>meme
So you aren't a patrician?

>tripfag
>replying to like 10 people
>teenager tier one word replies

the hattrick !

i get the others but why include that unwound album

>CLT is dead
Go away CLT

i agree, the 2014 one is shit, thats why I tried to recreate it in a superior form. It's not perfect, but it's certainly better than that abomination.

And judging all of any genre is going to lead to you thinking it's shit, no exceptions.

And yes. many of the "classics" of harsh noise are pretty awful, but there are some real gems mixed in there.

i tried

how often do you see all the albums discussed here on Cred Forums

All of these are really good albums. Is this supposed to be an insult?

You seem like a really nice person that has lots of friends in real life.

this. i created the 2014 chart OP posted, and the reason it has no classical music is because it was made as satire and used for troll purposes.

OP is your typical /daily/ bot with no self awareness. so absolutely misguided i doubt there's any hope left for him.

All real patricians know this is the best recording of Schoenberg's quartets,

No he only made this one

>not a soul has said a word about lee hazlewood yet

i hate all of you honestly

100% this btw

This guy obviously wasn't here for pre-2014 CLT

I have never, and never intend to post in /daily/. I do not go in daily, I have no association with them. I don't even know what the purpose of daily is honestly. It always seemed like a big circle jerk of memes

And that thing about you making the chart is obvious bullshit. I'm not even going to address that. Why would you even bother doing that?

kys, this is literally just clt-before-he-turned-into-a-classical-fag-core
2015 was better

where did you find this i've never seen it before, and I've looked everywhere. I like this chart besides the lolicore shit

its comfy

>Babbitt
>all that RYMcore
I'd rather listen to Reich.

Rate me bitches

go away

I tried forcing it it last year but it didn't really work out I guess.
japshitfun is actually pretty interesting noise/sound collage

meme/kys

>You seem like a really nice person that has lots of friends in real life.

i am and i do, actually

the fact that the only response you could think of to what i said was to imply that i'm some sort of a social retard incapable of forming friendships and relationships with other people because naturally, the only way to form a relationship with someone is if you bump into them while chasing the same superficial (temporarily) ego-inflating trends, at which point you either do your best to submit to and embrace that person's POV or you do your best to make them submit to and embrace your own POV, only further goes to show how devoid of self-awareness and how totally sheepish and self-involved you are

like i said, a zero

i actually, seriously created that chart. how can i prove it? i can find the PDF if you want. i can show you where i originally posted it: rbt.asia/mu/thread/S46897521

i made many troll charts, that was just one of them.

best taste itt even though i hate the sex pistols
listen to duane eddy and johnny thunders

it's one of the best albums i've ever heard for sure. i wish more people cared about it, and hazlewood in general.

oh okay. I might have to check out japshitfun. If it's anywhere as good as the other albums on the chart, i have high hopes for it.

not bad but not good. s/t and loaded are awful, sex pistols are generic, and no new york is pretty underwhelming compared to the actual releases of the bands included on it.

underage b&

Honestly i was just making fun of your tendency to rant and sperg out, which you responded to by doing it yet again. Why are you bothering to type this shit out? What are you trying to prove? Although as i respond, I'm doing the same. I guess I played my self

oh, really? I guess i got played for a fool. I genuinely enjoy a lot of the albums on the chart though (although a few are terrible and I removed them). What was the "troll" part of it?

The production on that album just can't be beat. I wish there was more that sounded like that psychedelic and baroque country of the album.
What's your favorite cut on it? Mine would be Cold Hard Times

That's pure "I listen to whatever Cred Forums will think is cool" taste
They're good albums, but CLT, and even more so you (literally who) are biased by your time spent in this circlejerk and put albums that you've seen here occasionally above other albums that you've seen here often and say you're better for liking them.
t. actual patrician

>CLT in 2010
web.archive.org/web/20100724081718/http://www.last.fm/user/Bananafish948

i was mainly concerned with making fun of and messing with blogchat, as well as some rymers i used to talk to. if you read through that thread, you'll see that i was successful. they were literally panicking because their homogenous tastes were being memed

>If it's anywhere as good as the other albums on the chart, i have high hopes for it.
eh
only that album is good, everything else he's done is just noise, which is fine if you like noise I guess, but it doesn't really stand out from other noise.
lolicore ruined my life is created completely out of samples from everywhere including a lot of anime so it's really unique noise and I personally like it, but your mileage may vary.
ignore the edgy af track titles by the way.

Holy fuck, The Contortions... Your like the first person i met who listens to them.

some good ol fashioned NY No-Wave

>t. actual patrician
Can you guess how I know your taste is bad?

I used to think CLT was cool only because his taste was like mine and I felt liked because of that
It seems has yet to break out of that phase

I'm guessing it's the "t. actual patrician" line, because that's what you quoted. You'd be wrong, though.

how new

there are plenty of albums on the chart that are posted often on Cred Forums, even some Cred Forumscore.

Spiderland, NMH, unwound, residents, books, animal collective, opn, usa, faust, and lrd are all pretty common albums on Cred Forums

also, I'm curious to see your chart. Care to post it?

okay, i'll keep that in mind. Noise can be a good thing, but it can also be amateurish and fail miserably. But judging from the idea of the album, it should have some unique textures at least.

The No Wave scene is just so incredible man. They manage to bring the gap between catchy and driving melodies and pure psychotic insanity. That album might be the finest statement of the whole scene, actually.

CLT was pretty boring but the charts that he brought about were good. As shown by others in this thread, his last.fm is pretty uninteresting.
That said, he was one of the better tripfags.

you can't just say that. you gotta prove it

Are you saying there's no such thing as a poseur?

>Why are you bothering to type this shit out?

it took me like 3 minutes to type my longest post ITT out, hardly a word class effort is it

>What are you trying to prove?

not much desu, just killing some time

>CLT was pretty boring but the charts that he brought about were good
Most of his charts exist only for trolling.
He said himself that the original patriciancore chart was made to piss other people off. The real fun of CLT came with the arguments he got in with people who take this place too seriously.

how are you supposed to tell if someone is a fraud or not. I genuinely like some of the albums on that chart

you write like a teenager

please stop posting

Especially Hamp, I do miss the CLT versus Hampus threads

Op forgot to post this

holy fuck, you are clueless
put yourself out of your misery

> but it's certainly better than that abomination.
That it is. Needs more classical and jazz though.
CLT 2013 > everything else
I miss him :'(
>And judging all of any genre is going to lead to you thinking it's shit, no exceptions.
Oh, of course. Most music is shit but when I say free jazz is particularly shit I mean it has an exceptionally low ratio of good:bad.

That's what I'm saying, all those albums are posted on Cred Forums, just not all of them super common. It's extremely obvious that CLT only gets his music from Cred Forums, which lead to a hugely inflated ego and echo box tastes. His music is ""obscure"" enough to make him seem cool to Cred Forumstants but common enough that they can feel cool too, all while he doesn't have to do any work to actually find good music and develop good taste. You're even worse, just leeching off of something some dead guy established.
I don't have a chart because I don't treat music as an accessory to show off on Cred Forums like you do. I'm listening to Bach motets right now and was listening to Mark Hollis before that.

gene before he decided to copy tankpit? such a confused child

oops, meant this one

yeah hazlewood was a genius producer it's such a shame he didn't become as huge as people like brian wilson did, even if these boots is more or less a household name
yeah i wish there was more music out there similar to cowboy in sweden, and believe me i've been searching lol
i am also partial to cold hard times but really it's an album to appreciate as a whole as opposed to song by song
have you heard any of his other albums?

no, i'm saying that people who call other people poseurs for liking music that they don't is simply idiotic. How can you tell whether someone genuinely enjoys music or is using it as an accessory? You literally can't, and never will be able to, so don't bother.

tldr poseurs exist but theres no way to tell who is who

i guess i'm one of the idiots who took it too seriously

Good Morning Good Night is just awful. Unbearable album.

?

Yeah, that's certainly true. Point taken. I really appreciate that we were able to discuss this reasonably as opposed to all the shitposting in here.

But aren't you accessorizing it by telling us what you're listening to right now?
This is some advanced irony.

No, I'm telling you because you asked. Nice try, though.

>Noise can be a good thing, but it can also be amateurish and fail miserably. But judging from the idea of the album, it should have some unique textures at least.
>The No Wave scene is just so incredible man. They manage to bring the gap between catchy and driving melodies and pure psychotic insanity. That album might be the finest statement of the whole scene, actually.

lol
you sound like a fantano-loving 15-year old who just discovered his first "patriciancore" chart on Cred Forums

>i guess i'm one of the idiots who took it too seriously
wow fagtron you sure showed me.

lmao is this guy serious

I've only heard Nancy & Lee and The Very Special World of. Where should I go from there?

Okay that one actually kind of stung. Fantano is one of a few people I honestly loathe.

It wasn't supposed to show you? I was trying to make a joke.

I guess I just don't understand what your point is then. Could you clarify it a bit?

he said, with zero knowledge of the off site scene or any related music

i will never give a shit about 99.99% of people's opinions on that album

p u r e p s y c h o t i c i n s a n i t y

>talks shit about other peoples taste
>unironically enjoys an album of white noise
You just can't make this shit up

>I guess I just don't understand what your point is then. Could you clarify it a bit?
You're a pretentious teenager who knows nothing about art and should shut up and stop embarrassing yourself so that you don't think back on this 7 years in the future and cringe yourself to death.

>phish
>patrish

unironically huh

yeah youre probably underage and you probably think youre "baiting" me or something

i wonder what you meant by white noise

Also, that while CLT liked some good albums, he preached them for the wrong reasons and never bothered expanding his taste past sub-Cred Forumscore

This one is better.

gene is right. while GMGN isn't exactly spectacular, you are clearly beyond clueless.

i recommend reading this entire article.

daily.redbullmusicacademy.com/2015/04/off-site-improvised-music-from-japan

basically clt had enough knowledge of theory so that he could ball all over Cred Forums, combine that with his sense of humor and you get it

i recommend disciplined listening by lorraine plourde first but i was surprised at the quality of that article. I love RBMA- they are really pushing dance music culture forward these days

>I really appreciate that we were able to discuss this reasonably as opposed to all the shitposting in here.
I do too. The one upmanship around here can get pretty depressing. There's some intelligent and knowledgeable people on this board and itt but we're on Cred Forums so people have to meet the dick waving/inflammatory remarks quota.

Patricians don't listen to popular music albums, they listen to classical music.

/thread

He was just a stoned choirboy with a superiority complex

I respect the artists, but the album itself it just not good, despite it's clear originality and creativity. Simply put, I do not enjoy the album in the slightest and do not understand the appeal. Reading over the article now though, it's an interesting read. Maybe it will change my perspective.

the live album is actually quite good. Worth a listen.

>Art has become like TV, there’s nothing to believe in. We need something spiritual, real culture.
Damn this is really great, thank you for this.

so is everybody else

>Where should I go from there?

love and other crimes

terms like "enjoyment" are the antithesis of what those artists stood for

you are still clueless, why bother replying?
>Cool I skimmed the title of that page, now here's a reiteration of what I previously said.

I don't even know what to say to this. Is this satire? I honestly can't tell.

Just finished the article. Pretty interesting, if a little pretentious. It changed my outlook on the album a little, but I still think the piece has no real substance to it. I just don't see a reason to listen to GMGN instead of anything other Onkyo release. No-Input Mixing Board or Chamber Music Concerts vol 1 are just better.

I don't even know what to say to this. Is this satire? I honestly can't tell.

Just finished the article. Pretty interesting, if a little pretentious. It changed my outlook on the album a little, but I still think the piece has no real substance to it. I just don't see a reason to listen to GMGN instead of anything other Onkyo release. No-Input Mixing Board or Chamber Music Concerts vol 1 are just superior, in my opinion.

retardd

>american music
>patrician

Yeah I'm not really sure what happened there.

Added to the backlog, will check it out

haha xD xuosis ur so random dude

i bet you think chamber music concerts was improvised

I never said that. Both use silence and minimalism to their advantage in similar ways

r e a l s u b s t a n c e

hollllyyy shitttttt

openscholar.purchase.edu/sites/default/files/lorraine_plourde/files/etm_52.2_lorraine_plourde_article.pdf

fucking roKKKist die die die

seems to me like no one on this site knows what random means

haha xD xuosis ur so random dude

>someone disagrees with me
>instead of making an actual response i'll just sperg out at them die die die

this is just embarrassing.

tool.

real substancee i canNOT get over that one omg

big BALLS blues rock progressions now thats fuckin substance

read the fucking article lmfao

youre lost but i keep responding in case someone who actually has an interest in thinking about music critically is lurking this thread and wants an example of how to be an asshat

hmm

rly makes u think...

>1313
>not Héresie
>Freak Out
>not We're Only On It For The Money
>Ege Bamyasi
>not Tago Mago
>Space is The Place
>not Atlantis
>Animal Collective
Come the fuck on

theres literally nothing wrong with wanting substance from music.

again, never been to daily. good chart though. might have to pay them a visit

jesus this is bad

t. the guy that used to have the unwound trip

i hate these motherfuckers because they remind me of every white boy who is a self proclaimed ~huge music fan~ who i met the last 4 years

substance to you is GEETARS

howwwdyyy pardner

what do you mean by "substance?" tell me what universal standards there are to judge music that has absolutely nothing to do with other music, both in terms of form and function

why are you telling me this

otomo where are you lecture this kid on vertical vs horizontal

MORTON FELDMANNNNNNNNNNNN

oh god im on Cred Forums every day i could be out with friends now

youre starting to sound like thehorbgorbler, gene. i might need to forcibly inject you with some redbull

I mean this in the nicest way possible, are you retarded?

There are no universal standards obviously. Never even implied that. By substance, I mean it lacks any kind of deeper meaning to me. The music is there but is lacks a certain something. It's difficult to quantify, but again, is just an opinion.

Literally almost all of these albums are amazing
Fuck off

im gonna crumb...

bro

that response was freaking EPIC

haha! retarded!! making fun of disability!!

remember when clt me and antz pushed the phrase "meme rap" all over Cred Forums and fucked everything up for a year

remember when weebteam established patriciancore

op doesnt

happy wednesday *camel voice* HUMPDAYYY

ever consider the possibility that the music isn't missing anything, you are?

>One listener explained the impossibility of listening to onkyo recordings at home as casual background music: "When I listen to this kind of music, I try not to do anything else, otherwise it’s completely meaningless. When I listen to classical music at home for example, I’ll hear a gorgeous melody or dignified sounding chords. Or if I listen to opera such as Wagner, I’ll focus on the flow of the story. If I listen to jazz, I’ll think about the improvisation and exciting interplay between musicians while I’m listening. But when you listen to onkyo, absolutely all you have to listen to is the sound, so you know, I really can’t do anything else while I’m listening."

I don't even know how many layers of irony this is. I'm giving up on you.

This is the average GMGN fan. Jesus christ.

>happy wednesday *camel voice* HUMPDAYYY
I regret every life choice that lead me to this.

i completely agree, the contortions are probably the most coherent No-Wave Band ever.

Have you seen the documentary they put out about that scene in the lower east side?

the average GMGN fan is like 40 and knows jon abbey personally

or a grad student thats studying something composition related

or one of us avant teens (see what i did there.... 2012!!!! hampus??? antiwarhol???)

Yes, actually. I have considered that. I would love to be wrong about this. I've saved the two articles you have sent me, and plan to give it another chance.

I have been wrong about such things before. I am not an objective opinion. Thank you.

No, I can't say I have. What was it titled? I'll have to check it out.

>Oxbow - King of The Jews
>Gong - Flying Teapot
>Dead C - Harsh 70's Reality
What about these albums, would you add them?

no one fucking cares about your post rock blowhard

go shave

i bet you live in the midwest

dont give it another chance pretend improvisation never existed

stop listening to music from after 1900.... DEGENERACY

>Oxbow
Excellent, fairly close to being on the chart. Might be added in the future.
>Gong
Love Zero the Hero. Again, maybe.
>Dead C
Driver UFO and Love are masterpieces but the rest kind of falls flat for me

>new julius eastman gets bnm
>suddenly impressionable 14 yo indie kids become into contemporary music
>CDs fly off shelves, abbey needs to repress the entire erstwhile catalog due to high demand

lads...

Wasn't good. Only got bnm because of pandering.

Whats your problem man? You just seem like a really toxic person to be around

youtube.com/watch?v=WhDQMsBywOY
>here is the trailer

Its a really cool documentary about like the lower east side in new york in the 1970's It really goes in depth about the music, film, and art that happened in there. I would Highly Recommend watching this.

shawty lo and spank died today and youre probably listening to post-punk SMDH

yeah a black gay guy gets acclaim posthumously.... fucking cultural marxism UGH

no wave is fucking stupid

go back to 2012 none of us think its cool anymore

we listen to dance music here

late 1970s music in NY..... hmm yeah i like no wave and not disco from the paradise garage. yeah.

Unjust Malaise is much better. You cannot tell me that you honestly believe Femenine is superior to it.

Will check out, thanks for the link.

god damn you're insufferable

youve probably never heard a West End record.... insufferable cunt you

jumped the shark there bud, what if no wave and disco are both within my favorite genres? i've heard a couple hundred disco releases but love DNA the same way i did in 2012. you're creating false dichotomies and it's actually pretty sad. you're approaching music from the standpoint of the image, which is one of the worst mistakes you can make.

>no wave is fucking stupid
Fuck you.

Its a little avant garde have to admit, Keep listening to your nickle back and rascal flats you pleb.

>on Cred Forums and not wanting to explore new music
>mfw

last post i swear

SShut the fucKKK u damn roKKKist

only people who like no wave here are ones who have been posting 4 less than a year

this. Couldn't have put it better myself.

If you honestly believe that if someone likes x then they must hate y, you're the one with a problem.

please just go away. You're honestly the worst person I have ever seen on Cred Forums.

i'm the same person who was just attempting to explain onkyo with you. please tell me you're fucking with me, because i thought you were a decent guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=OMkrFRXsG0Q

literally bumping the shit out of this right now

BTFO

Why do the RYM elitists always talk like tumblr users?

what did he mean by this

In what universe were those coherent arguments

Thats really what I'm wondering right now. It's honestly shocking.

Damn, he turned on you in seconds. Sorry man.

This is exactly what I was talking about in that other thread everyone started a shitstorm over.

You try to have impeccable taste to show off to other people, but then you have silly low brow shit thrown in there that you don't know is pleb. Really embarrassing.

Was CLT the only person on Cred Forums who has ever done it right? I think he was. Too bad he only browses Cred Forums now. He needs to save this board.

>try to have a good thread
>shitposters ruin it
I feel kinda sorry for CLT.

I don't know man, close minded people on a board that is supposed to expand your knowledge.

This isn't the CLT. CLT was a savant. This kid is a 105 IQ high schooler who thinks he's a lot smarter than he is.

How am I the close minded one here? I feel like I've been perfectly reasonable. I may not have agreed with everyone, but I've actually discussed the music.

What "silly, low brow shit" are you referring to, exactly? I'd imagine every chart ever made needs to have personality, or else it becomes completely forgettable.

yeah this went to shit so unbelievably quickly it's hard to believe. Then again, it wasn't exactly the greatest thread to begin with.

oh wait i might have misunderstood. My apologies. It just registered to me after i posted. Sorry

A good patriciancore chart should be 75% obscurities that you want people to check out and 25% established classics that people already like to encourage them to check out the rest of the chart. Most of those are pretty famous on Cred Forums.

>I'd imagine every chart ever made needs to have personality, or else it becomes completely forgettable.
all you did was take CLT's taste and embellish it with your own favorites here and there.

you're wearing elitism as a costume, like a child wearing his father's work clothes. everyone here who isn't 17 can see through it.

True, the chart is around 75% classics and 25% obscurities.

On the other hand, I feel there is a consistency here. Everything on the chart I feel is completely essential.

But it's not completely copy pasted. Many of CLT's favorite albums are not even mentioned here. In fact, only about 50% of the albums here were even included on CLT's chart (it's probably slightly more than that, but you get the idea)

Besides, what's wrong with a little elitism? It's really what Cred Forums is lacking these days.

gene is a gay jew tbqh

Elitism needs to be left to the elite.

Have you actually interacted with him? How long has it been since he stopped posting here? I haven't been active since 2010.

I mean like speaking personally, i think Cred Forums is probably up there if not one of the best boards onb Cred Forums.

*on

He made a low-key resurgence in 2014, claiming that all pop music was shit and art music was the only music worthy of attention and veneration. (True, by the way). I think he moved over to /lit/, but I'm not totally sure. He, Tallis, and SDF were my favorite parts of this board and now they're gone. ;(

>claiming that all pop music was shit and art music was the only music worthy of attention and veneration.
CLT scholar here, this is not true and people who use CLT's name to spit on pop music are fakes

Pop music is shit tho

then why did CLT have Kesha and Lena in his charts?

He made classical threads on Cred Forums around that time too. Guessing he still browses.

Him and Shinfinity were the only Cred Forums posters I liked.

Why are all the wannabe elitists either trying too hard to be like Horb (only liking bottom of the barrel pop because "it's authentic" while also typing like a tumblr user) or trying too hard to be like spectres (Thinking Baroque is literally the only good music ever made)?

Im not stroking my cock to CLT's charts,unlike some of the jerk-offs in here. i dont concern myself with CLT's tastes. Im just saying that pop music is shit.

Unloved bloated corporate pop music.
>shit

what about
phil spector

>Mekanik Destructiw Kommandoh
>Not putting the superior Udu Wudu, 1975 Live album, or Emehntehtt Re instead
wew

i like charles manson better. He is my favorite murder-musician.

Still I think I can make a better bait chart alongside an opinion that could devolve into a shitpost fest but no one would bother to reply so my idea is a subjective fantasy that would easily be sabotaged.

Look At Your Game Girl is actually a fantastic track, don't diss

youtube.com/watch?v=DfM6dl_yt10

that whole album is fucking fire.

I dont know what the fuck helter skelter is but this is some good shit