One of the best bands of the nineties

>one of the best bands of the nineties
>Pitchfork reviews one album
>it's their latest

Alice in Chains is the 21 pilots of the 90s

pls delet this

^

I just listened to their whole discography
I can say they were easily the best Grunge band, Staley and Cartrell made a perfect pair
Their new albums aren't as great but still solid

Wow are you retarded

i swear to god baiting in here gets easier by the week.

>It's also their worst

yep

>>one of the best bands of the nineties
If you already know they're one of the best, why would they need to review it?

Alice in Chains is seriously still around?

I wouldn't go remotely that far. I mean, it's not as good as any of the Staley albums, but that doesn't really say much. Judged on its own merit, it's a pretty solid album.

AiC are trash

Dirt [Columbia, 1992]

A heroin album, take it or leave it--"Junkhead" certainly isn't "ironic" and probably isn't "fictional" either. Crunch crunch crunch, riff riff riff--way harder, louder, and more metallic than Soundgarden ever will be. But the price of this power is that it's also uglier and stupider--the sound of hopeless craving. Sitting here with my "books and degrees" (well, degree), I very much doubt that if I "opened my mind," as resident sickman Layne Staley suggests, I'd be "doing" like him (er, the narrator of the song). I'll wait for my own man, thank you. B

Yes and they are surprisingly still pretty good
That album is still way better than Soundgarden reunion album

The main problem with the album is that it's extremely long and most songs feel like BGWTB B sides

Funny you should say that, since I would say that Dinosaurs is a much better album. Hollow is as good of a single as they'd ever recorded.

It's just strange that a mainstream music reviewing site wouldn't touch a band like AiC.

We're talking about Pitchfork, not Rolling Stone or NME

Right

So if it's not as good as any of the Layne albums, and it's also not as good as BGWTB, then by the process of elimination we can conclude that TDPDH is in fact AIC's worst album.

Fair point. I hadn't thought of it that way.

I think it's better than Tripod honestly.
(yuo(

Pitchfork wasn't started until ~1996-97, and for those first couple years it was basically just some dudes' blog