Has this album predicted the future or created it?

Has this album predicted the future or created it?

Yeah

It captured the 70s well. nothing is ahead of its time but of its time

It sounds nothing like the 70s... It sounds like early 80s if anything.

this is the stupidest post i've seen today so good job

what the fuck? moron

Listen to the album first

>album from the 70s sounds nothing like the 70s

that makes so sense. its literally a 70s album

I was trying to quote Hegel
"no man can surpass his own time, for the spirit of his time is also his own spirit."

I have never said the album was 'ahead of its time', obviously it was recorded during its time. What i'm saying is this album sounds like nothing else from its time, and it sounds very much like music from a decade+ after it was recorded. Is this a case of a band arriving at the same conclusions made by future bands a decade earlier, or a band manifesting its own ideas, which then became vital to countless bands once fully digested?

Can you give some examples of music from 10+ years after Future Days that sounds very much like it? Not trying to be combative - I love this album and want to hear what you're alluding to.

Wasn't George Clinton doing this shit all through the 70s?

kek Can is just unfunky psuedo-jazz with some scifi beepboops thrown in

Like, sometimes during the droney/driving parts of "Bel Air" I think, "WOW that's so futuristic" but then I struggle to think of other music that REALLY picked up from where it left off. Kind of like how Miles Davis' On the Corner is so "ahead of its time" but nothing really sounds like it.

Post-punk and post-rock in general, I think very good examples are Eno's post-ambient-period albums, Wire's 154, most of Pere Ubu and DEVO's stuff (in very different ways).

I guess but in a very different ways, and from within another music scene.

You're looking for industrial punk\Pere Ubu

>I guess but in a very different ways, and from within another music scene.
So hence they were of their times instead of ahead of it.

Again, i'm not saying they are ahead of their time, nor the single innovators of the 70's. My question is really fucking simple, to your knowledge, was Future Days super influential or just a good prediction of future trends?

Neither

this is an impressively stupid statement

And it sounds great!

Wrong, it was super influential. Try again next time!

>Wrong, it was super influential.
Not that album. Tago and Ere, yes. Future was just their most commercial

dumb idiot

>Future was just their most commercial
couldnt be more wrong