Rarest record you own?

For me it would have to my beautiful machina/ machines of god record that was a limited run. I have a first press and love this record a lot!

Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/The-Belgian-Congo-Records-Of-The-Denis-Roosevelt-Expedition-Primitive-African-Music/release/6319976
discogs.com/sell/release/1441414?ev=rb
discogs.com/Metgumbnerbone-Ligeliahorn/release/426169
discogs.com/The-New-Blockaders-Changez-Les-Blockeurs/release/1048492
audiodregs.bandcamp.com/album/early-recordings-hello-the-mellow-man
youtube.com/watch?v=EhO2Hi9jQD4
youtube.com/watch?v=QBHM_s0Ll1M
discogs.com/Various-Samurai-Champloo-The-Way-Of-The-Samurai-Vinyl-Collection/master/454758
discogs.com/Gorillaz-Demon-Days/release/474703
discogs.com/Various-Systems-EP-1/release/223043
youtube.com/watch?v=PRHzUH7WpGI
youtube.com/watch?v=4RQVvcFITuY
youtube.com/watch?v=jq5jxoNa2QY
discogs.com/Beach-Boys-Smile-Second-Edition/release/3502778
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Welcome to Venice

Brian Eno- Robert Sheckley's in a Land of Clear Colors

Goddamned that album sounds like shit

it really does

corgan claims to have used hundreds of pedals on each track, and i don't doubt it

complete fucking sludginess (and not in the good way)

Whatever man. It's for the fans not new comers. The concept behind the album is powerful and is priceless classic in the catalog. I was going to sell at one point on eBay corn250 but something inside just couldn't do it.

OG stereo pet sounds or this discogs.com/The-Belgian-Congo-Records-Of-The-Denis-Roosevelt-Expedition-Primitive-African-Music/release/6319976

It's not very rare at all but it's signed by Nobuo Uematsu.

>The concept behind the album is powerful
What is the concept, specifically?

Source?

I've read that Flood routed the live amped guitar channel into a series of digital VSTs and back to the signal again. They ended up recording a mix direct to tape, not really knowing what the ratio to guitar and FX is.

discogs.com/sell/release/1441414?ev=rb
This album is limited to 1000 copies from 1979. My copy is number 722 in Mint media condition and NM sleeve. The metal master copy was destroyed so this album can no longer be repressed.

The title 'Machina' likely derives from the Latin phrase, "Deus Ex Machina" (God from the machine). This refers to the early Greek tragedies, where seemingly unconquerable obstacles were overcome with cheap plot devices, such as the unexplained interference of the Gods; whom would descend from a makeshift crane upon the stage and resolve a final, highly improbable, solution. Speculating then, the album title could have been chosen for three possible reasons: to demonstrate the symbiotic relationship of man and machine, to illuminate the failing spiritual resolve of humanity, and to serve as a just description for the central character (Glass), who adopts the role of a prophet after hearing what he perceived to be the voice of God through the radio. As such, Glass is quite literally an instrument, or mechanical vessel to channel the spirit of God.

The artwork for Machina is a rich tapestry of the alchemical, the occult, and the sublime. Nearly all of the artworks created during the Machina era can be credited to a skillful artist with an eye for detail by the name of Vasily Kafanov. In the following articles, I take an in depth look at their symbolism, and relevance to the Machina mystery.

>Speculating then
Not what I'm asking.

What is the actual concept, in your own words in one sentence.

>Machina mystery.
>>>/oboard/ you pathetic piece of shit

Hot rats first pressing

Government Plates

>those liner notes

Machina is the best album behind MC and SD you pleblords.

Wholewheat-Songs From My Parent's Basement
Actually got it on here.
Only 500 pressings.

i like this album

I have All Lights Fucked on cassette.

I've got a promo pressing of The Low End Theory.

i own a ton of records from unknown/local bands from the 00s/10s that were pressed 200 to 500 times tops but none of them are worth more than like 15-25 bucks

How many of them are any good?

Houdini Mackie edition recycled cover #14/24

OG 77 Ramones s/t w/the cover typos, VG+
OG Bee Thousand on red vinyl, VG+
OG Music for 18 Musicians, NM
OG In Utero on clear vinyl, VG+

Inherited this from my parents, but neither of them know how it ended up in their collection.

a decent number. there are some dudes, like a shitty lofi folk album whose jacket is literally just recycled paper and some no wave/noise rock album which just sounded like a poor man's filth/cop swans, but a good amount of it is pleasant indie/art rock that just went under everyone's radar.

one of my favorite albums of all time was released in 2013 and is one of the albums i mentioned that had a limited pressing. it had 700 pressings in total but only 200 in black which is what i have. it's insanely good, i hope to shill it on here someday

I got a very nice copy of Squarepusher's Hard Normal Daddy from a secondhand vinyl shop in eastern Canada for $35, turns out they can sell for 70 on discogs

Here's some shit.
>Syd Barrett -Madcap Laughs and Barrett (both UK second presses)
>John Fahey - Vol II (original hand-assembled run of probably 500-1000, but no liner notes unfortunately)
>Tom Waits - Rain Dogs (USA first press with promo stamp)
>Sonic Youth - Sister ( USA first press with both Disneyland and Avedon photos)
>Germs - GI (USA second press with original inner bag, paid only a dollar for it last November)

Have you not listend to Adore or Gish? Or even Oceania?

Probably this. It's the brass master plates and mother plates used to press On My Side's "Redefinition" EP. 1/1. I got it off eBay, but I'm friends with all the dudes who were in the band. They were pretty happy that someone who knew them ended up with it. The label they put it out on sold off all their stuff when they quit making records.

Jizz on it!

You need to be at least 18 to post on Cred Forums.

I have a Brazilian copy of Exuma, which I never knew it existed until I found a copy for 7 bucks from a seller. It's in mono, the only one of its kind.

Kinda beat up, but record plays okay.

Considering when Exuma came out and the fact it's a Brazilian pressing, it's probably just a fold-down of the stereo mix rather than a unique mono mix. That's still a dope find, though!

I don't doubt at all it's a stereo downmix, I just find it odd.

Same thing with brazilian Beatles in mono (mono white album and beyond were exclusives I think)

Don't have pics, but I also have:

pg. 99 - Document #1 (/200)
pg. 99 - Document #4 (clear purple tour edition, 44/60)
Bastard - Controlled in the Frame (540 Records repress on black with orange ink on black sleeve, /100)
Chainshot - Chainshot (clear polycarbonate lathe cut, /50)
Criaturas - Arañas en el Corazon (test press, /10)
Judgement - Just Be... (green marble, /200)
Krüel - Krüel (silver with black and silver cover, /40)
The Impalers - The Impalers (black with rainbow cover, /5)
pg. 99/City of Caterpillar - Document #9 (test press, /10)
pg. 99/Process Is Dead - Document #6 (test press, /5)
pg. 99/Process Is Dead - Document #6 (tour edition, 56/200)
The A-Team/R'N'R - split (Posi #'s press, /75)
Kodan Armada/Pretty Faces - split (special packaging with lots of goodies stuffed in a sleeve, /10)
Kodan Armada/Pretty Faces - split (test press, 1/1)
Carly Rae Jepsen - Kiss (picture disc, /500)
Chest Pain - Weltschmerz (smoke, /50)
Death Side - Bet on the Possibility (Feral Ward repress on clear orange, /100)
Death Side - Wasted Dream (Feral Ward repress onclear orange, /100)
Eel - Endless Fucker (clear, /50)
Kegcharge - Sadistic War Glory (green splatter, /100)
Peach Kelli Pop - Peach Kelli Pop III (lime green, /100)
pg. 99 - Document #7 (clear blue with matte sleeve, /100)
Skizophrenia - Single-Ticket to Demo-Lition (clear, /75)

JIZZ ON IT!

original exmilitary

Eat a dick Shkrelli, Ghostface is gonna fucking murder you

Aqua Aquarium picture disc

Jelly of that screamo stuff

'97 original Lonesome Crowded West pressing. Chick that wanted to sleep with me real bad surprised me with is for christmas one year

What's this new meme?

Forced

Do you also have the clear LP of Deep Fantasy

fo fangas fo fo chan

Current93 - nature unveiled firrst press

OG Nick Drakes

Original pressing of freak out by zappa and king crimson. Not home rn tho

That's not what the album is about, like, at all. Its about a guy named Zero and his band, and his relationship with his fans, the Glass Children or some shit. The album has a storyline that dwells in Zero's "awakening" as a rockstar or some kind of god or someshit. The whole album is an analogy to Billy Corgan, his band and their relation with their audience and how the media portrayed them, at the time. Its a brilliant showcase of awareness and a really unique meta conceptual album, I don't think anyone had done something like it before that album. Shame Billy couldn't completely finish it, with the band falling apart and such.

The album is madly underrated, and it has some of their best songs. However, the production and mixing is objectively garbage. This album seriously needs a remaster.

best post in the thread

My rarest LP is probably my promo copy of Akimbo - Live to Crush. The RSD retail release was limited to 500 hand-numbered copies. The promo copies are only numbered p1 through p50. I can't remember which number promo copy I have, at the moment.

As far as stuff that's not rare at all but at least somewhat sought after

Frank Zappa - Hot Rats original UK pressing with tri-colour Reprise labels featuring the phrase "Distributed by PYE Records" redacted.

Ramones - s/t orig UK pressing, released before Sire Records was distributed by Warner Bros. This particular LP was "Marked by Phonogram." Also, the UK pressing doesn't have the "Blitzkreig" typo... but my original Portugese pressing does. This one came out a couple of years after the US release, but Warner Bros. still had nothing to do with this release -- which was instead handled by a company called Nova. Also, the front cover of every copy from this pressing looks kind of faded; one of these days, I'll take a picture for comparison's sake.

Ramones - Leave Home orig Canadian pressing, with original inner sleeve. This also came out before Sire was handled by Warner Bros., this instead being handled by GRT. What makes the original pressing so special is the fact that it includes the song "Carbona Not Glue," which was replaced by "Sheena is a Punk Rocker" due to a lawsuit.

Crass - Feeding of the 5000: The Second Sitting orig pressing. I know it's an original because it says "Pay no more than £2.00" on the cover of my copy, which was changed to 3.00 on the next pressing, then removed and replaced altogether. When they did up those fancy Crassical Collection reissues a while back, the scale reproduction sleeve used the 3.00 version for this album. I should also note that this isn't an original pressing of the original album (Small Wonder Records, opening with "The Sound of Free Speech"), but it can be considered an original pressing of the complete edition of the album (Crass Records, opening with "Asylum").

It's the first amendment of the US Constitution, dipshit.

Gain some reading comprehension.

obviously an unbelievable GOAT record to own but too well known. waiting for some hero to come through with an torpedo.

Metgumbnerbone - Ligeliahorn,

discogs.com/Metgumbnerbone-Ligeliahorn/release/426169

I swapped a dozen or so records to pay for this - managed to wrangle one at £190 from the UK in near mint.

>image not mine, couldnt be arsed.

I am also wanting this fucking beast at £1,200;

discogs.com/The-New-Blockaders-Changez-Les-Blockeurs/release/1048492

one day.

Not too sure how rare it is but my rarest would be Sings Reign Rebuilder by Set Fire To Flames.

Still

Rarity in numbers, I have Megasus' selt-titled, first press LP limited to 200 copies. I don't think I have anything rarer than that, other than some color variants of albums of about 150 copies or so.

Is Person Pitch a rare album btw? I mean, lots of people already have it but it's been out of print for quite some time now and Discogs prices have been increasing over time.

Your copy of Sister is dope my friend, I am impressed and jealous.

Signed Live after Death - Iron Maiden

>this has never been sold on discogs

Upload it

>rare
I have like 15 of those

I have the shitty orange mispress of The Gerogerigegege's Yellow Trash Bazooka. It's rare, but I'd rather have a playable copy.

I have an album with separate recordings by McCoy Tyner, Herbie Hancock, Keith Jarrett, and Chick Corea. It's really fucking good but I don't think a ton of people know about it. And I mean I've got some random anonymous bargain bin steel guitar albums which are definitely very obscure but there aren't even listed artists on there so I don't know

probably verve's voyager 1

not the rarest nor most valuable record, but it has meme status so there

I have a first pressing Mole Show at the Roxy back at home

I have a Nirvana vinyl that has 8 live songs that were never officially released

Only 450 pressings

Boredoms' Soul Discharge japanese release

Pick one

I think he meant the second paragraph

Royal Trux collection
Rare AF Twin Infinitives cassette

Rare AF Ween tape :0

there's a copy up on ebay, tempted to cop it

dark side of the moon

probably this.

Warraw by Natalie Rose LeBrecht.

Uh, maybe this? I don't really have any rare records, but this one seems to be pretty sought after since everyone suddenly got crazy for Uncle Acid. Bought it at a Danava gig.

>og stereo pet sounds

You mean that godawful duophonic mix? There was no original stereo mix of pet sounds there wasn't a real stereo mix until the 90s.

Bottom-right

audiodregs.bandcamp.com/album/early-recordings-hello-the-mellow-man

Beach Boys- Pet Sounds (as far as I know its an original pressing)
Panda Bear- Person Pitch (going for around $200-$400 on amazon)
Swans- Great Annihilator (2002 reissue, as far as I know its rare)
Swans- To Be Kind (comes with live DVD, looking for it on vinyl so if anyone wants the DVD/CD and has it on vinyl I'd trade)

Found all of these in a record shop except Beach Boys. As far as I know these records are rare, but I'm about to purchase some truly rare records on discogs so look forward to a good recent purchases thread in the future

lol completely forgot General Patton, yeah, that record is dirt cheap online but as far as I know really hard to find in a store, I never listen to it though I kinda just have it just to have it

Awesome, love their version of hang on to a dream

who else does that song?

Tim Hardin - youtube.com/watch?v=EhO2Hi9jQD4
and
The Nice - youtube.com/watch?v=QBHM_s0Ll1M

ah cool. uneducated me thought all the songs on that album were originals. Turns out almost all of them are covers.

noiceeeeeee

Post flac on what shkrel

Ha

>post my rarest record
>nobody jealously responds

i have one of five test pressings of Part the Second by maudlin of the Well. also a signed picturedisc of Plague Soundscapes by The Locust

I pick Yes.

This is awesome. I didn't know they made a vinyl pressing of FFVII OST. How did you manage to meet Nobuo?

Not me but a friend whom i envy

Spirit They've Gone Spirit They've Vanished

not my pic but I have the same copy
>CINDAAY SOO LOUD

slint spiderland original pressing

I got a Charles Bukowski spoken word album that's limited to 400

>Panda Bear- Person Pitch (going for around $200-$400 on amazon)
lolwat
Discogs has it for ~$40

>Swans- Great Annihilator (2002 reissue, as far as I know its rare)
you can buy it from Young God directly, so it's not that rare

Yeah, go on amazon, and I thought the great annihilator was a recent reissue, you mean to tell me they're still selling the ones made in 2002?

AFAIK Great Annihilator was never out of print
I saw the exact ones for sale during the recent Swans tour, digipak and all

I don't really collect vinyl or know if these are rare
But I have original physical graffiti and Bikini kill + Huggy Bear split

I would kill for AEnima vinyl

Cool

Rishloo-Feathergun Limited to 500 copies. They had a small run of them while they were with a record label.

Primus and the Chocolate Factory A mispress Instead of chocolate brown, it's a rainbow spatter ish thing. I believe there are 1300 copies.

Yeah I got that one for free from a guy that posted here, he ran the label and was giving away a bunch, didn't even have to pay shipping.

OP said rare, not top40 trash

First pet sounds stereo pressing was the 90s one :^)

Hey, me too. Great album

damn

ghostface here, fuck you man

Just ordered this the other day and have Demon Days as well on vinyl...

Discogs:
discogs.com/Various-Samurai-Champloo-The-Way-Of-The-Samurai-Vinyl-Collection/master/454758

discogs.com/Gorillaz-Demon-Days/release/474703

I used to buy local cheap cds all the time from Amoeba's and Rasputins. Those are probably the rarest ones I have, though they're not worth anything.

Brainiac - Bonsai Superstar

Duude I've been looking for Feathergun, fuck man I'm so jealous

Probably one of these three.

The Nocturnus is a really limited edition red vinyl pressing of one of their early demos that you could only get at their live shows.

Killing Joke is a mint-condition 1980 UK original pressing that sounds way better than the shitty remaster.

Floodland is the 2012 Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab audiophile reissue and has slightly different and mostly better versions of Dominion, This Corrosion and Lucretia My Reflection iirc.

discogs.com/Various-Systems-EP-1/release/223043

just a random techno techno I bought for ~$2 USD to protect a much more valuable at the time record.. lulz.

this and only just cus it was a limited run

With the Beatles first press.
To a lesser extent a mid-numbered white album

Nouns - Still Bummed Lathe press. Not my rarest or most valuable, just posting because most people probably don't know they did any kind of vinyl pressing of this. ? / 25 I think.

CD version of Sacrilegium by Devil Doll.

The Beatles - Abbey Road (The firstpress with misaligned Apple)

Ne Obliviscaris - Citadel (Purple/Silver mixed ltd. 100)

Artillery - By Inheritance first press.

Abbath - S/T signed by Abbath and King Ov Hell. Ltd. 200 clear vinyl.

Bauta - Bauta (Really obscure Danish acid-rock)

Gorguts - Pleiades Dust ltd. 100 marbled vinyl.

>33rpm

lel

Bump

nice

Militant dubplate
30 copies exist, no digital, no repress

Rip it

This possibly

fuck you.
There is no way, I'm putting something like this online.

>physical graffiti
Is it the 2014 reissue?

I have a first pressing of Roxy and Elsewhere.

I also have a first pressing of Hole by Foetus, if this thread is still up when I get home i'll post pics.

Thats awesome

this is going for extortionate prices on discogs

Is Close To The Edge rare even with out the sigs?

I've been told these are rare, im not sure tho.

Bob Dylan - first press Freewheelin' with wrong track list on cover and back.

Bob Dylan - first press 1962 s/t Mono (I also have first press stereo)

Yes - Yessongs

The Beatles - first press Revolver Mono

Forgot I had these too.
Both are first pressing and both are absolutely mint.

hella - hold your horses

At the time I got it I had no idea that they were limited. Someone was trying to sell one on discogs for like $200. I hope nobody spends that much on it. It's definitely an amazing record nonetheless.

Did ya sleep with her? I bought that same pressing on my 20th birthday.

This compilation album from a bunch of former Rephlex Records artists. It was limited to 300 copies.

I got that too lol

not at home but my girlfriend got me the original edition of Hollindagainn last year for christmas

This and pisces iscariot is also better

what album?

what's the bottom one ?

Shingetsu's New Moon

I discovered this album years ago when I used to download albums from music blogs. They're a Japanese prog rock band who were heavily influenced by Genesis.

youtube.com/watch?v=PRHzUH7WpGI

How much you want?

someone's selling a copy on r/vinylcollectors but you have to be in the Boston area

Damn, Im moving there next year. :/

get the sealed one on discogs for $165

Probably this bad boy (not my pic)

Serious question comin' up, my dude.
Why not? Don't you think it's important for art to be experienced?

Not the guy you replied to but thanks for the tip. I might just buy it.

that is a cd bruh

aahhhhhhhhhh
why didn't i buy this??

probably my snowing lathe cut

hey me too

my actual rarest though

A signed promo copy of Daft Punk's RAM.

Let's Get Out of This Country by Camera Obscura

awesome album, i've got that too. i ordered the tape he just put out as well

i don't have anything incredibly rare, but these are what i consider to be the coolest in my collection. i've got plenty of newer records that are considered "rare", but i don't think those really count.

here's what's pictured and what they are, in case any of you are wondering:
>Black Merda - psychedelic soul
>Homegas - pretty dope Americana produced by Fahey
>The Head Shop - awesome psych record
>Johnny Jenkins - Ton Ton Macoute - swamp rock
>Suicide - i'm sure you already know who this is
>The Animated Egg - fuzzed out psych
>St John Green - psych
>Bob Frank - stoned Vanguard folkie
>Bikini Kill - punk rock, 1993 pressing on Kill Rock Stars
>The Soft Machine - The Peel Sessions - prog
>John Fahey - Hitomi - clear wax, limited to 100
>Billy Childish & Dan Melchior - Devil in the Flesh - barebones garage rock
>Abner Jay - Terrible Comedy Blues & Swaunee Water and Cocaine Blues - outsider blues
>Moondog

I'd say Moondog is pretty rare. I've wanted that album for a long while, but I've never seen it at a decent price.

Lol I'm back heres the pics if anyone cares.

i got mine for a bargain. dude that was selling it thought it was just spoken word poetry, he'd only listened to the first ten seconds.

Hole part 1

Hole part 2

This baby.

Karp - Self Titled LP

Just gonna post all my records that are valued around $50 and more.

1/3

ESG is a first press, also my rarest 12" single and rarest tapes and CD, the latter being sold for crazy prices for being a CD.

3/3

Enya: Shepherd Moons, on cassette, with the original (non-English) version of "Book of days".

Just curious, what kind of music is that?

id post my copy of govt plates but u know what it looks like

City Pop

Okay, I'm jealous

Probably not that rare.. But it's rare to me! It might, however, become rare if he decides to never tour/sign again. We'll see..

Duster - Stratosphere

u selling?

Depends, Are you in the US? If so, What state?

NICE FELT and NICE ESG, friend.

My rarest here are

- Moussa Doumbia re-press in NM condition
- Tornaado's Instrumentaaltsükkel "Regatt" (ed. of 500)
- Future Days' re-press of John Angaiak's I'm Lost in the City (Numbered 51/100, with song booklet)
- Mississippi Records' re-press of Le Tioko-Tioko (1000 copies)

Not pictured is my NM 1972 pressing of Ofo the Black Company's first single "Allah Wakbarr"

bump

All these are super rare and cost 100-1000 usd

Did you get that from Newbury Comics?

Good taste.

Bottom right?

Rarest vaporwave

what makes that Ark Work so rare?

I have some late 40's or early 50's 45 RPM singles by the Ink Spots that I got for free from the guy who sold me my player. Not sure if they're too rare, but I don't see to many people with 45's.

Pure Ground isn't that rare or expensive you goofball, unless it's the test pressing

names?

I have some Rhodesian Troopie songs LPs.

I don't know the rarety of them, but them being from a country that doesn't exists in the same form anymore is quite nice.

And then some 90s singles; with some DJ releases of Happy Hardcore and Eurodance.

not for something like this.
a dub is something you hear once while you're and only while you're out.

not hard to meet him, he sits in the audience at his distant worlds concerts

Spanish first pressing of Before and after science

Those are killer. Just looked the guy up and he doesn't have a RYM page, but he does have a discogs entry. You should rip those if you can, I would love to hear some Rhodesian folk.

His songs are all over youtube and strange russian websites.
I think you can even get the songs on some music sites like iTunes and Amazon.

youtube.com/watch?v=4RQVvcFITuY

The songs are all very loaded emotionally.

Nice Sunshower

Nice Spacy and Green

>tfw 1944 copy of Beethoven's 8th performed by Artuto Toscanini and the NBC Symphony Orchestra in shellac at 7 rpm
feels good
my rarest CD is some local rappers mixtape that was given to me on the bus
youtube.com/watch?v=jq5jxoNa2QY

No pic on me but I've got a first pressing of Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone. It's marbled pink and white

damn never seen a vintage Smile bootleg, that's cool

kek i found that same adam f record in the bargain bin you fool

fuck i wanted one of those. how did you get it?

Thanks
Heres the Discogs page for it.
discogs.com/Beach-Boys-Smile-Second-Edition/release/3502778

rarest I got are the two collaboration albums the Flaming Lips for the stone roses and ITCOTCK

Not really "rare" but Iced Earth has been my favorite band for a long time.

Government plates
there's 900 of them so yeah why not

what's the bottom right?

>Hex

Fuck I'm so jelly

bumping with my two favorite singles

- Southern Cross by the Snakes of Shake (1985)
- Allah Wakbarr by Ofo the Black Company (1972, London Records pressing)

bump