Why does Cred Forums never talk about industrial music?

Why does Cred Forums never talk about industrial music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_UVS1nzRMMo
youtube.com/watch?v=07PpcCt90TY
youtube.com/watch?v=JYhgqFBs19w
youtube.com/watch?v=uoZgZT4DGSY
youtube.com/watch?v=Rdyd_mO9Ptc
youtube.com/watch?v=d58wnq1OYIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=dYmRnl_J9GI
youtube.com/watch?v=FpCzEkugYRo
youtube.com/watch?v=LjtMoIpyr3c
tudou.com/programs/view/ZU8m3Ti0r9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=PyLi_BCFYsI
youtube.com/watch?v=UeIz2LUDbec
youtube.com/watch?v=TYIKUNNntIU
youtu.be/W1y1ZOli7RE
youtu.be/3UWXYhUcbMY
youtu.be/mo0HACEtkKY
youtu.be/M7O8V2NGP9I
pastebin.com/xLvhJnvg
brainwashed.com/coil/text.php
youtube.com/watch?v=cixczzF0A10
youtube.com/watch?v=vgJ133aySCQ
rutracker.org/forum/search_cse.php?cx=014434608714260776013:ggcq1kovlga&cof=FORID:9&ie=utf-8&q=die form&sa=Поиск в Google
mygully.com/thread/101-street-sects-end-position-2016-a-4575649/
vimeo.com/181373175?
youtube.com/watch?v=pUZLlAWWh28
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think the only Industrial band Cred Forums cares about is Faust, and only because it's one of Scaruffi favorite albums
Also,
>not posting the GOAT Neubauten album

too edgy for us.

/industrial/ when, lads

I don't really understand how Metal is fine but industrial is edgy.

I guess industrial can be more harsh at times with all the clanging and banging

because it's not pop music, which most of Cred Forums tends to like.

>/industrial/ when, lads
let's make it happen bros, i miss the /noise/ generals tho

Death Grips can be considered industrial.

I wish this song was on a Skinny Puppy album
youtube.com/watch?v=_UVS1nzRMMo

Nope

i seem to vaguely remember /industrial/ being a thing not too long ago

probably died out due to the same few people posting in it

Anyone else love Laibach?

youtube.com/watch?v=07PpcCt90TY

Cred Forums is about to meme over industrial music for a while now

Laibach is incredible. Shame that people think that they're garbage because they heard some ancient clip of their music when they got invited to play in Korea, though

What actually is this?

They make terrific stuff. Do you know when the documentary is out though?

Probably early next year, though I'm not for sure on that

Volk is still one of my favorite albums

What would be an /industrial/core image?
Obviously, Faust s/t would be our In The Aeroplane Over the Sea.

Industrial Rap
The same way NIN is Industrial Metal, not pure Industrial.

Street Sects - End Position
Electro-Industrial album released recently, I liked it.

Not long then. Nova Akropola is still my favorite one. Volk is amazing too.

I feel like /industrial/core would have to use something from the original industrial records, although TG may be too meme

I'm listening too them now and they sound pretty good desu.

I remember that someone tried /dark/ a handful of times but no one hung around much.

I once started a thread all about Nekrophile Rekords and this nice user hooked me up with the entire discography, that dude was based af.

was just listening to some zos kia desu

I don't agree that industrial music is not pop music. Depending on exactly what you're talking about.

>/dark/
god i loved those threads, but they were too niche for Cred Forums

>Faust
>Throbbing Gristle
>Einsturzende Neubauten
>Coil
>Whitehouse
There you go
/industrial/core

I read the liner notes for a recent re-relase of the spoken word recordings of Aleister Crowley, and the liner notes indicate that a very tight clutch of industrial related people got the old Current 93 cult pressing, including the Coil Boys, Steven Stapleton, and other closely related folks (the irony being that Steven hated being labeld "industrial" to the point of making a mocking track of same on A Sucked Orange, which is just a sound of someone mumbling over a loud printer-noise printing).

Still, all those ritual/dada/Crowley folks are closely related to this conversation.

that little face looks suspiciously like the Nirvana logo. Or maybe it's vice verse.

Sounds about right, but to add some verity in records...
>Chrome
>Laibach
>skinny puppy

>Depending on exactly what you're talking about.

i'm talking about the earlier works of the most iconic bands like throbbing gristle, einsturzende neubauten, spk (inb4 the list goes on...) that merely started with noise and musique concrete techniques. but then years later they incorporated a pop structure into their work. then post-industrial was a thing and so on.

>Nova Akropola
Yes, agreed

You forgot SPK, who made what's often called the best industrial album ever. Pic related

not really. I don't even consider them industrial rap. Their sound isn't industrial at all, really. It's more like a fusion of techno, hip hop, punk and a few other things thrown in.

Doing a chart, what's the best Skinny Puppy album?

>Their sound isn't industrial at all, really
anything off of TMS is industrial at it's finest

Last Rights

uhm, no, you don't know what industrial is.

I dunno I don't hear it. I mean sure they used a lot of interesting sounds and samples but it's extremely well polished sounding. I just feel like they have their own sound and can't really be clumped in with industrial

Yeah boi, also/or bites.

and you clearly do

>polished sounding
a good bunch of non-1st wave industrial is polished-sounding, foetus for instance

you forgot

Montie Cazazza
NON
Foetus
Whitehouse
Merzbow
Cabaret Voltaire

also a proto-industrial section containing

Piere Schaeffer
Cluster
Faust
This Heat

Funny how almost daily one can find a noise thread, but I believe this is the 2nd or 3rd industrial thread I see.

BTW, I love this album.

>Whitehouse
But I posted that.
>Merzbow
Not sure if that's industrial, just straight up Harsh Noise.

>also a proto-industrial section containing
I was thinking about that.

I love that one too. anything from ant-zen is worth checking out.

>I just feel like they have their own sound and can't really be clumped in with industrial
You don't listen to much industrial/Death Grips.

youtube.com/watch?v=JYhgqFBs19w
youtube.com/watch?v=uoZgZT4DGSY

EN song is industrial to the core and Hacker is heavily influenced by dance music. Just because DG are noisy/use abstract samples doesn't mean they're industrial

>just because DG are influenced by/use industrial elements does not mean they're influenced by/use industrial elements

Foetus is more no wave, imho

How did no one tell this guy he forgot nurse with wound yet?

Which Cabaret Voltaire album?

Besides whitehouse's works, this industrial album was considered one of the first power electronics albums, yet I don't see these guys mentioned much here.

Which Cabaret Voltaire album, guys?

Monks is Proto-Industrial right?

The Conversation

because there aren't any really good new industrial bands out there... they're all playing shitty EDm shit now

Mix-Up

this

and also Richard H. Kirk's solo stuff because CV's industrial stuff (as well as half of industrial in general) fucking suck

truu

So do you guys consider the Legendary Pink Dots industrial?

Also I listened to this recently, it was ok but wasn't completely stellar

LPD is not industrial. They're more psychedelic electronic, I guess. Though, their relationship with Skinny Puppy is really apparent and they have similarities that go beyond The Tear Garden and cEvin Key's solo work. For example, both bands take approaches to vocals and lyrics similarly, preferring more of a free-form narrative rather than a cut-and-dry verse-chorus structure.

They're coming to town again. I can't wait to see them for the... 4th time, I think? Orbit Service is pretty good too

Is this industrial? Scaruffi thinks so.

he says "Type O Negative achieved perhaps the most shocking fusion of metal, industrial and gothic languages. "

I'm pretty sure there were some industrial sounding parts

Nice chart

It's Industrial Metal, great album but not what we are looking for

Industrial/gothic doom metal

Is the no-wave scene similar at all to industrial or are they pretty different?

>spk
>mahnigga.png

1/3 crossover thrash doom synthpop 1/3 industrial 1/3 gothic
and the gothic and metal parts of it are used in an industrial way. they make so much use of noise on their instruments that it practically sounds industrial by that alone. also sal abruscato's drumming is underrated as fuck

>Is the no-wave scene similar at all to industrial

how could it? industrial scene exists worldwide, no wave was located in new york. there is no no wave outside it.

rema rema masterrace here.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rdyd_mO9Ptc

Nice, very nice

This album is really really good though

Any industrial albums similar to Tolerance, preferably the "Divin" album?

see my above post where I explain that Steve hated being lumped in with "industrial music" (despite his association with the acts) Early on, he saw himself as doing his own thing over here, not that thing over there - although of course in practice there were plenty of similarities..

Steven resented this labeling so much so that he released a track mocking "industrial music":
youtube.com/watch?v=d58wnq1OYIQ

thx for album tip-off.

general reminders:

CHROME

HUNTING LODGE. HUNTING LODGE PEOPLE LOOK IT UP

SEVERED HEADS FOR A MORE FRIENDLY, POP, POST-PUNK FLAVOR ESP. CITY SLAB HORROR

i don't give a fuck this album is blowing my faggy little mind

Industrial is ok but don't EVER start a thread about neofolk/martial industrial/militarypop this board is full of SJW who get really really butthurt if you do!

fairly certain i've seen threads on all of those in the past

martial industrial was considered highly patrician on Cred Forums for a while if I remember correctly

Not gonna lie I don't like industrial anywhere near as much as I used when I realized that the music itself is nowhere near as dark nor as intense as it is aesthetically presented as. It just feels like it aged terribly considering that right after industrial we had stuff like extreme metal, power electronics, hardcore/breakcore, experimental forms of techno, whatever early Swans was, etc. just outdo it.

The fact all those genres are full of Nazis when one of the main neofolk guys is gay and they all hung out with TG, some of the most accomplished degenerates in the business, is hysterical.

yeah but these threads get derailed immediately.

>the music itself is nowhere near as dark nor as intense as it is aesthetically presented as

Shit was a lot more intense when the band was getting crucified on stage and eating each others vomit enemas.

Is there any such thing as industrial that doesn't rely on shock value?

coil and neubauten were both fairly earnest in presenting themselves as "artists" so yeah I'd say them

Industrial is inherently transgressive. That is pretty much its point. Which is ironic, since by creating a scene of shock, they managed to pretty much make that intention irrelevant. After a certain point, industrial acts weren't making anti-music, they were making a particular kind of music for a particular kind of people.

youtube.com/watch?v=dYmRnl_J9GI

such industrial

really tho, people who like noise have mostly moved on to doom metal

>really tho, people who like noise have mostly moved on to doom metal

what

I've never listened to industrial before (besides maybe Come To Daddy?) but this is great

They got me into this kind of music desu

I like martial industrial and neofolk. When it comes to the latter, Gae Bolg reigns supreme to me.
youtube.com/watch?v=FpCzEkugYRo

You got a download link? Can't find it anywhere.

Check out Einsturzende neubauten for some similar (less harsh) but amazing industrial senpai

Scaruffi prefers Lullaby Land

Wow Gae Bolg is good, can you recommend anything similar?

I can't really think of anything similar; the really quite unique. And to be honest, I'm more into martial industrial.

Fair enough, so am I honestly (OP here). Will look into them for sure

The fact that you just used the word degenerate in this context is hysterical

Seriously, who the fuck cares?

Unfortunately, the song that first got my attention and still remains my favourite was taken off Youtube, with only this remaining: youtube.com/watch?v=LjtMoIpyr3c
I was lucky to save it before it happened. You can still find it online, though.

Here's a better (studio) version. Seems the Chinese didn't take it off
tudou.com/programs/view/ZU8m3Ti0r9Y

This is also great, thanks user!

Faust's s/t is industrial?
How so?

Nice, I like it although prefer more simplistic industrial beats (without an orchestra, just the marching and basic industrial sounds)

this is the only industrial I can stand along with Einsturzende neubaten

even yoy see the difference

they are influenced by industrial but they cant be considered industrial

Anonym is much much better
most people here don't know what they're talking about

Its not because it pre-dates it. But it was a huge influence on nww, coil, en, etc so it basically led to the best industrial.

Its an early influence.

>can't find it anywhere

Is on youtube.
Is on their bandcamp.
How retarded can you be?

>tfw the memeing has already started

Here my nigga

he get hte succ

its an image representation of
>listens to Einsturzende once

To be honest, I prefer Laibach's older (80s) stuff. Their earliest works had that rough sound. I would say Opus Dei and Sympathy for the Devil were the peak, in my opinion.

Here's Anthony's review:

youtube.com/watch?v=PyLi_BCFYsI

not realy industrial, look into minimal synth/minimal wave

youtube.com/watch?v=UeIz2LUDbec

>DAS Bunker
Triggered!

It's just a pun, grammar fag.

Oh, is see, that's funny hahaha

never heard that track before (and I'm a huge SP fan), not that good tbqh, but it could fit in mythmaker

bcs Cred Forums is full of plebs, Controlled Bleeding are GOAT

sad to see LPD among these shit bands doing cash-grabbing shows. Pages of Aquarius a candidate fot AOTY

pic related, another candidate, but as usual, Watts had prevent it from being perfect making it 2 tracks too long, but, it's his best since ...The Swining I guess

Because its a genre that actually requires you to put effort in getting into and finding good releases. The problem is that excluding the classics, most industrial is for the most part, too obscure. Also, Cred Forums bashes everything "edgy" or not fashionable to like.

I remember some GOAT industrial threads back in the day, sometimes an olfdfags appeared and told stories from the old Chicago days and stuff like that.
But you pretty much nailed it.
The fact that DG gets mentioned so much while no one even know who Disposable Heroes of Hypocrisy are is the proof

I like to download musicand generally there are more efficient methods than downloading it off YouTube.

It's on soulseek

How about some industrial rock/EBM, does that fit under general industrial?
youtube.com/watch?v=TYIKUNNntIU

You act like you know stuff yet ou can't even spell it correctly

pseuds are worse than the fags that don't know shit yet are open about it

Thats bcs for some ppl english is their second language and/or post from their phones with autocorrect

Why do grammar fags still exist? How many languages do you master user? Do you really check your spelling when posting on a taiwanese origami board?

einsturzende and throbbing gristle get posted all the time, lurk moar

wrong again

Ministry?

Any Le Diktat fans around these parts?youtu.be/W1y1ZOli7RE

Bad mastering/mixing ruined that album, its a shame because its probably their best but just sounds so "thin" compared to Kollaps and Halber Mensh

pls, just because its the first and obscure doesnt make it good. Kalte Sterne is way better representing that era

Also, people need to listen to Empirion.

youtu.be/3UWXYhUcbMY

youtu.be/mo0HACEtkKY

Cool

I master 0, and english is my second so i'm not good at it either
But he misspelled a band's name while calling others out for not knowing them

so i have my right to be butthurt babe

It sucks.

Its not an easy name to spell tbqh
But they deserve to be remembered. All DG fags need to see this video (and everything else)
youtu.be/M7O8V2NGP9I

>Anonym is much much better
they're really not trying to do the same things
nurse with wound - rock n' roll radio/second pirate sessions
Chu Ishikawa - snake of june OST
neither of these are super close but imo they both give a similar feel

Bites

man I love SPK's early discography but I heard machine age voodoo and it was atrocious so I dismissed everything after it. but just a couple days ago I listened to Zamia Lehmanni - Songs Of Byzantine Flowers and goddamn is this some good ass ritual industrial.

I also watched the crow yesterday because Graeme Revell did the soundtrack and that was hilariously bad.

Drinking Gasoline

I think you're kinda late
The chart was already posted

Industrial Hop it"s finest

Shit chart

>Mission Of Dead Souls
>not 20 Jazz Funk Greats or The Second Report
>Hole
>not Nail
Outside of that, good chart

Replace "Tv Sky" with "Only Heaven"
Remove Chrome. There gr8 but not industrial at all, moar like a darker Devo

I'm ok with the rest

does anyone have interesting essays/interviews/in depth reviews of industrial related music or artists? here's some of the more relevant ones that I remembered to save.
pastebin.com/xLvhJnvg
>pastebin because the fucking spam filter doesn't like links

brainwashed.com/coil/text.php

Some very interesting stuff here

meant to be a response to

thanks man, that looks like it's got a lot of interesting stuff

Machine Age Voodoo is great for what it is imo.

that may be true, but I don't personally like what it is.

Just listened to the new PTV3 ep
Damn, its fucking terrible, I enjoyed Snakes for what it was, a psych-blues album with some fine tracks that reminded me of Gun Club which is always a good thing
But It seem now GPO is desperatly trying to go back to the Allegory and Self era and is pure cringe. Kinda sad tbqh

honestly GPO is kinda sad in general now.

This.
SPK is fucking great

>industrial thread
>no Godflesh

YOU BREED
youtube.com/watch?v=cixczzF0A10

Personally, I'd say Rabies, but most seem to go with Too Dark Park.

Great thread lads, thanks.

Really big fan of industrial rock.

Nothing you're criticizing him for makes him a pseud. He didn't pretend to know how to spell something and proceed to spell it incorrectly, he just misspelled a band name.

As much as I love Rabies, it feels like an EP with filler or side proyect with Ministry.
SP never made a bad album (Mythmaker was a 6/10) so its a matter of taste. My favs are Remission, Vivisect and The Process, but its hard to pick. "Sore in a Masterpiece" is their best track and it isnt even on a proper album

Too Dark Park

There's no Cred Forums threads on industrial because loud people think there's no tr00 industrial music that came out after 1983. SP is just depeche mode with harsh vocals added and Front 242/Ministry etc were just synthpop bands.

The Voice of America is worthwhile, way different from their later stuff

Says the guy that listens to a band that books and plays Gothic Cruises.

5/10 bait. Pissed me off mildly.

i'm pretty sure the pic was another example of untrve modern industrial derivatives

Should be Third and Final Report over Jazz Funk Greats

When no wave was a scene, industrial was primarily a British and German movement. No wave was, to a certain extent, a North American analog.

Thirlwell hated it too. A lot of guys felt like "industrial" should only refer to the original Industrial Records guys.

Neubauten definitely. Coil took themselves seriously, but Sleazy also took great amusement from the fact that his commercial work and video production funded his transgressive industrial band. There may be more subtlety to Coil than TG, but there was definitely an emphasis on the homoerotic and scatological in their early albums if not throughout their career.

I think he might be referring to the recent crossover between doom and industrial from projects like Author & Punisher and Corrections House. If not, I have no fucking idea what he's trying to say

>primarily a British and German movement
this is kinda true but I know there were also pretty active communities in san francisco, madrid, and south eastern europe at the very least. because it was centered around mail art it was a pretty distributive scene.

>madrid
esplendor geometrico represent here
are you from spain user?

nah, i'm from a cultural backwater in missouri but i'm and EG and francisco lopez fanboy

San Francisco had some pretty crazy stuff going on there, Factrix, and Monte Cazzaza were both from there. Also, even though they're not musicians, Survival Research Labs was definitely part of the industrial movement, and are worth checking out.
youtube.com/watch?v=vgJ133aySCQ

eh, cool anyways
here we get lots of chances of seeing EG live, and every time is still as brutal as their early performances, while still having an amicable and warm vibe to them somehow...

>Why does Cred Forums never talk about X music?

Because Cred Forums is filled with faggots, niggers, and 14-year-olds.

/thread

OP here, this was my first thread on Cred Forums and I'm proud :')

are they industrial?

survival research labs is one of the coolest groups ever formed

Nah more experimental rock, but definitely post industrial

Glad to see this thread is still up. Lots of interesting stuff that I will listen to tonight.

> no one mentions the Test Department

The best electro-industrial is the kind that can be mixed with dreamy Tangerine Dream synths.

Basically, I have a huge hard-on for 80's Ministry and Skinny Puppy.

Those two could still be considered kinda recent. their really old stuff is all really experimental (Nova akropola and Laibach). Those two are great though. What do you think of let it be?

Also, IT KNOWS (pic)

of the really big bands in the early british scene test dept. is by far my favorite. imo ecstasy under duress is one of the best industrial albums ever made.

the only guy who has it free is 128 kbps versions

I used to have Die Form's discography, if anyone knows where I could find their first couple albums it would be much appreciated

rutracker.org/forum/search_cse.php?cx=014434608714260776013:ggcq1kovlga&cof=FORID:9&ie=utf-8&q=die form&sa=Поиск в Google

I am man. Are you going to DiJ?

Woah, that's industrial as fuck.
I can't really decide between the late 80s and earlier stuff, to be honest. Opus Dei got me into Laibach but yes, I could say Laibach is better than Opus Dei.

thanks

only if it features enough meme instruments

No, man, i'm not here on the 11th so i'll miss it

I'll go to Diamanda Galas tho, at least it's something

mygully.com/thread/101-street-sects-end-position-2016-a-4575649/

You have to make an account though. Just have a translator open on a new window

WAIT!!!! I'M STUPID!

I want to post the direct link but the fucking system keeps thinking it's spam. Wait till I manage to properly format it

The following is for uploaded. Also, look at pic to help understand.
file (slash) n0vbdwe3 (slash) 33428_af1c8e5d97a1ba0340cb47ecc5735cc2 (dot) rar

Sorry for the complexness, the system just wouldn't let up

>francisco lopez
Favorite recording? La Sela has been slowly gaining admiration from me; I know it's his most acclaimed but at first I didn't like it at all

that depends on my mood but:
buildings: new york is what got me into him and it's still one of my favorites
a sudden pest of droning pseudoinsects is the one I find myself returning to most often
untitled #104 is one of his most unique in that it's recordings of metal concerts layered until it becomes a uniform and extremely harsh almost-wall.
untitled (2006 - 2007) would probably be a really good introduction because it covers a lot of the types of sounds he uses without some of his more inaccessible tendencies like long stretches of silence and extremely quiet mixing.

What's the difference between industrial and power electronics?

Originally industrial had more of an emphasis on experimentation. Then it gave birth to a number of subgenres, which can sound wildly different from each other. Power electronics is just a current subgenre.

1st wave industrial that gets overlooked

Severed Heads
A Million Angels (2016)
vimeo.com/181373175?

pe is much more aagressive and doesn't rely on metal sounds and handmade instruments as much, and it's closer to noise

also pe is a subgenre pretty much

Incorrect

Lad

dank

there's even a noise thread from time to time.
I love industrial we should discuss it.

Even though it's live, Male is easily the most fun Foetus album.

>wah wah le dirty faggots and niggers!
>/threads his own post
>i-i'm not 14 i swear!

Triggered SJW. Kek, I love you people, you pathetic pieces of shit. What are you doing outside tumblr? Are you going to use stupid meme arrows against me now? Fuck off, cuck.

holy fucking shit dude

are you sure you're not 14

you can't /thread yourself newfaggot

Where can i get Some Neubauten?! PLEASE I CAN'T FIND A GOOD TORRENT!!

soulseek is great for noise and industrial

Agree, this is the best Foetus album

Cant believe this thread is still alive

You should be using Soulseek anyways, it's great for practically all music. I just use the archive if I can't find something for whatever reason.

Hmm it seems that there's nothing on it, i guess i'll have to buy it my man. no problem though

What you guys think about Coil?
I think they've been greatly under appreciated.
LSD is one of the best albums of any genre, and probably the best post-industrial album. Without Scatology and Horse Rotorvator there wouldn't no NIN.

>I think they've been greatly under appreciated.
they're amazing but they're one of the most famous and critically acclaimed industrial/post industrial band out there. I think they totally deserve it but it honestly kinda overshadows a lot of other good stuff.

There in every Cred Forumscore chart m8, the're way bigger now that when they where alive.
Trent got into them after the PHM era, Ministry and Skinny Puppy where bigger influences on NIN. Reznor himself admited it on several interviews

FU WUZUMUKUH
UH
IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES
FUHHH
WUZUZUZUZU KU
HAVE A SAD CUM BB
FUH
UH
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
BLULULUHUHUH
UHHHHGHGHH
WAKKA UGH UH *heavy breathing* WAHZUHKULAKAWUHSUSUSUS

Yeah MC ride gets really fucking old quickly

was THIS industrial?

No, Outside was Bowies (shit) industrial album, Earthling was his DnB superior album

>outside
>shit

explain yourself my fellow opinionated patrician

Bowie's foray into industrial was a watered down version of an already watered down genre. Which is sad, because Bowie was active during the first years of industrial music, and probably could have contributed something interesting to it.

Its too long and not memorable enough, it could been a good EP or short album. Dead Man Walking alone is better than everything on Outside and thats not even the best song in Earthling
Also agree with this

MOSCU ESTA HELADO

The Thirty Second Annual Report is better than the second one. I love that album.

Leichenschrei is so fucking legit.

I know guys, but I think they're David Bowie tier, way above Throbbing Gristle or the other industrial bands, including NIN.

I'm not clear on what you're trying to say here. Yes, Coil is good. What does that have to do with Bowie?

Not much sonically, but in terms of musical achievement. Aphex Twin is another big one.

If you're looking for musical achievement, check out this album:
youtube.com/watch?v=pUZLlAWWh28

I had the cd when I was a kid. I haven't heard it in a long time. Thanks for bringing back memories, user.

Sure, I guess that image shit's cool or w/e, but still...has there been any industrial that has aged well in terms of still sounding intense and dark? Or anything done these days that's got some legit levels of dark and intense going on?

Cuz at this point it really does seem that industrial is literally goth music but more based on sounds/noises than the more melodic bent of bands like The Cure or Sisters Of Mercy.

Listen to early Coil, they sound very contemporary.
Industrial definitely is aligned with the darker sides of goth music. Nine Inch Nails, Neubauten, still sound intense and dark. Or listen to whitehouse or any other power electronics acts.

Throbbing Gristle are actually kinda overrated Coil, EN are much better tbhonest. Also Psychic TV > TG