Vinyl sounds better

>vinyl sounds better

No it doesn't, vinyl sounds like shit. All sorts of mechanical imperfections and background fuzz, how can you retards even say something this stupid?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bEU2pT6U3_M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you just gotta feel it man
it feeeels better ya know
it's more natual, it's how the artist wants you to hear it.
you can't get anything like the warm sound of a record man

>t. Someone who's only heard vinyl on a Crosley.

Music in vinyl tends to be mastered better

Listening to vinyls isn't necessarily about the quality. It's more about the listening experience, the fact that you're completely undistracted when putting it on, and you value the music higher. Regarding the sound quality, it might be true that external noises can affect the reproduction, but this is only the case if you have a bad vinyl player (and dirty vinyls, an uneven surface etc.).

most vinyl tend to be made from the digital recording, you might just not be a fan of modern mastering.

>the fact that you're completely undistracted when putting it on,

what? you can easily have the same experience with digital music. idk about you but i still have to pick what i'm going to listen to, and deliberately queue up the album / playlist. most of the times i've listened to music through physical mediums it's been restricted to what is available, so i'm really just putting on whatever i can, instead of whatever i want. i suppose this is a bit of lack of effort, but the times i have made an effort to listen to music i enjoy on physical medium haven't been worthwhile.

>and you value the music higher
wow someone thinks highly of himself.

You sound like a retarded brainfried hippie
None of what you said is true except the last line

desu i was just strawposting

but you can get something much warmer than vinyl. live music.

>vinyl sounds better
Who says this?

Nicholas Cage.

Because people compare spinning a record to listening to shitty streamed mp3s through youtube.

I thought vinyl sounds objectively better. Have I been lied to? I plugged in some 320 kbps tracks from my phone into my vinyl player and it sounded worse than the equivalent with a vinyl.

Is that because of the phone sound chip or something? I'm pretty clueless with things like that.

>vinyls

>vinyl player

do none of you dj?

I T S F U N
T
S
F
U
N

youtube.com/watch?v=bEU2pT6U3_M

lol

>I used my dad's old turntable once to play a warped record and now I can say for a fact that this method of listening is objectively bad
Noose yourself

This is the case of older records. When mastering for digital became a thing, that's what was pressed to vinyl, so you aren't actually getting any real benefits to owning an album on vinyl if it's mastered for digital.

That's why all I collect is 60s and 70s records. Cheap, great music (all my favorite genres peaked in the 60s and 70s), best masters available.

Digital recordings on studio tend to be at much higher fidelity than audio CDs, so vinyl can take advantage of this.

Plenty of artists are also coming back to analog recording nowadays though

m8, literally nobody does different masters for both vinyl and CD anymore. It's a waste of money.

Good artists/labels do

But they don't.

You underestimate, but perhaps it's the other way around, I'm sure you have plenty of experience to be this assured.

People convinced themselves the lack of practicality makes it better. The same 2-3 reasons copy/pasted always pop up so you can safely assume it's just a fad that will die out eventually

You're acting like science has all the answers right now. if there would be a scientific article tomorrow that would 'prove' vinyl is 'better sounding' you would make the same thread but the other way.

Because you don't really know what you want, so you let the outside world dictate this for you, and then try to convince people they're retards for not thinking like you.
you're exactly like the 'vinyl fags' you hate.

Do any of you faggots in this thread know anything about mixing and production? Vinyl>CD>MP3. You get the full frequency range on vinyl. No little bits scrubbed out. You get all of the harmonic overtones. Fuller sound.

i dont think it sounds better but I just have fun collecting them