I would rather explore the net and listen to a thousand shitty albums to find 5 amazing albums than fill my library...

I would rather explore the net and listen to a thousand shitty albums to find 5 amazing albums than fill my library with what a critic or music board give 8/10+

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EJQ1ljqo8Iw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cool
go do that then

WHEN WILL YOU SHUT THE FUCK

I thought I went to Cred Forums and I saw this then was wondering why Cred Forums would be talking about music libraries

kys

why?

Whatever you say, special snowflake

I'd rather explore a thousand great albums and find way more than 5 albums that I like

this

Cred Forums

>I'd rather be spoonfed than develop my own taste

Does anyone have a source on trump fieri?

Stupid OP. Is this about the thread I made earlier? Listen to The Soft Bulletin and try to tell me you've heard anything nearly as good.

>The Flaming Lips

kek

OP, I'm willing to bet that those "5 amazing albums" will end up being the albums that "a critic or music board give 8/10+"

What thread is that, my man?

I'LL KIDNAP A THOUSAND CHILDREN BEFORE I LET THIS COMPANY DIE

>I have no clue to the huge plethora of music that exists outside of p4k and fantanos channel

>huge plethora

>huge plethora

That's not a response, bud. Yes, I do know and I do listen. However, I guarantee you that if I could wipe your memory and give you 5000 albums and you had to whittle that list down to 20 albums you loved the most that at least 80% of those albums would be already among critically acclaimed releases.

>huge plethora

>huge plethora

>pluge hethora

>80%

how do you find albums by just exploring the net though

>edgy

Exploring record labels is a good start.

>trying this hard to circumvent popular releases

>huge plethora

Its called exploring music that interests you.

wikipedia random

dig through last.fm, bandcamp, rateyourmusic

>the floor (popular albums) is lava

lol, Wiki articles are only made if they are notable.

Don't just ask Cred Forums for recs all the fucking time.

Congratulations, do you want a fucking medal faggot

>only 50

Whats your top 100 turny?

RYM is really good imo. Last.fm has never rec'd me anything good. RYM always recommends music I've never heard of.

However, the master of all is Discogs. There's no competitor close. Use the search terms and find something new. For example, I'll go find something I like randomly from Discogs.

oooh, yes please

that would be these

i only listen to music in the public domain, not even cc0

Yeah, just check out what the label who put out your last favorite album just released on Discogs if you have trouble finding anything interesting with RYM anymore.
I also check every month what The Wire is promoting on their website, even though I never bought one of their magazines.

I agree with you my man.

I myself only listen to music other people hate because deep inside I am an incredibly insecure man and the only thing that makes me feel any kind of self worth is me thinking that my taste in music is better than that of others.

This is why I have to scorn music that other people like, because if I like that music too, then my taste in music is just as good as theirs.

And I would have no idea who I am then.

>huge plethora

>huge plethora

Found something I like

youtube.com/watch?v=EJQ1ljqo8Iw

>huge plethora

>huge plethora

>huge plethora

>huge peenora

thanks for all the recommendations! i used to use rym all the time but i need to get back to rating albums on it. i never thought of using discogs to find music. i usually just use it to keep track of my collection

>discogs to find music
how exactly do you do this? it just catalogs music

Use these and

sort and search

Hey man maybe you got some funk/soul recommendations for me? I really dig stuff like Lee Fields, the last Mavis Staples EP, Charles Bradley is also cool. I also like older stuff like James Brown or Curtis Mayfield. Thanks!

>puge hlethora

>I appreciate music for its musical qualities and not due to subculture and image
>which is why I'll avoid anything that doesn't fit my image of trendy unique snowflake, obviously
OP you're a tard

>huge plethora

>huge mungus

huge plethora

magnum dong

whoever posted these things and actually believes them is a contrarian, who doesn't like music for the music, but for appearing more hipster and cool than others. please get off this board, which is supposed to be about music and not about how much of a narcistic idiot you are.

>if you don't circlejerk over the same limited selection of albums approved by a youtube vlogger and a shitty emag you are a hipster

retard

you don't get my point. the point is, these people are just avoiding music approved by critics, only to be more unique. they are probably the kind of people who would stop liking something once they heard antwan or scaruffi gave it an 8/10

So turny here only listens to these albums because they aren't popular with Ryan Schreiber & Co?

You ever think some people might just like different music?

I don't think I even mentioned turny. I don't know much about him and his tastes anyway. I was just trying to say, that when you literally avoid anything with critical acclaim, just ignore it altogether based only on the fact that critics like it, like here does, that's when you are only in it for the hipster-ness instead of the actual music. Which is a really bad and cancerous thing to me.

I'm just using him as an example as he posted in this thread but its not exclusive to him, you're making the blanket assumption that everyone who doesn't strictly join the hivemind is doing it on purpose, which is bollocks.

There's a reason some albums are unheard of and others are known... Have a little think why...

So Justin Bieber, Meatloaf and AC/DC are better than any general essentials album, okay.

>hivemind
Of course there's a hive mind for plebby people that want to fit in, just like there's a hivemind for people that instantly reject the critics. I listen to anything I stumble upon, and if a critic or person reccs something here, I don't see the harm in giving it a shot.

Still makes more sense to search out music in styles you enjoy rather than just listening to whatever gets BNM.

>you're making the blanket assumption that everyone who doesn't strictly join the hivemind is doing it on purpose
I'm not. That's the entire point I'm trying to make, it's about the intention. If the intention only is to differentiate from the critics, that's bad. If the intention is to listen to the music you like best yourself, that's great.

what this guy who ninja'd me is saying basically

How can you miss the point so much? He wasn't saying that things that are known better are automatically better.

It's ironic to say this when the 'general essentials albums' you are talking about are also pretty well known but still great.

>I'm not.
>makes more assumptions

Can you read? I'm not saying that everyone who doesn't listen to critically acclaimed music is just always in it to be hipster, that is what it says afterwards, that it's about the intention, wether someone just wants to be hipster or wants to actually just listen to music he enjoys.

There are a tens of thousands of critically acclaimed artists. Your favorite artists might be Mercury Rev, The Replacements and Minutemen. Someone else might be into Bert Jansch, Townes Van Zandt and Roy Harper. Or Miles Davis, John Coltrane and Thelonious Monk, or Public Enemy, Ice Cube and Common.

Everyone likes critically acclaimed stuff, but everyone has their own taste.

>huge plethora

>huge plethora

>huge plethora

The thing with exploring music is that when undesirable poseurs and fakes start noticing and listening to the good music that YOU found first (because you were genuinely interested in exploring music), the act of dropping said artist/genre becomes much more frustrasting because of all the effort spent into finding went to waste.

>huge plethora

>huge plethora

>huge plethora

>huge plethora

>huge plethora

>huge plethora

>huge plethora

That
>Plethora
Of music is
>Huge

>huge plethora