New Caretaker work. 5 more to come in the next 2 years

New Caretaker work. 5 more to come in the next 2 years thecaretaker.bandcamp.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

tinymixtapes.com/news/caretaker-diagnosed-dementia-release-six-works-recreating-its-progression-over-next-three-years
thequietus.com/articles/20970-leyland-james-kirby-interview-the-caretaker
mega.nz/#F!uBVjzR4B!aYqHPH8NkaB2rR9stMRNMg
pitchfork.com/news/68472-james-leyland-kirby-gives-the-caretaker-alias-dementia-releases-first-of-final-6-albums/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Awesome! thank you user you made Cred Forums great today.

I wish he would repress An Empty Bliss vinyl already

This is great news, album sounds lovely. Sounds like at the end of these six albums he will be done with the dementia motif

I'm sure that vinyl is going to be resold at insane prices

Also I love Ivan Seal- best cover art

An Empty Bliss repressing is getting release by Boomkat on October 6th.

>Sounds like at the end of these six albums he will be done with the dementia motif
He was diagnosed with dementia recently. He will never be done with it.

damn son what the fuck I was just thinking about how cool this would be a couple days ago! Definitely copping.

>He was diagnosed with dementia recently

I demand evidence

You just made my day dude you have no idea how much I appreciate this. Thank you.

oh my fuck

>tinymixtapes.com/news/caretaker-diagnosed-dementia-release-six-works-recreating-its-progression-over-next-three-years

this really sucks

Is the album any good?

E mailed him via his bandcamp in January last year about any future represses of the album and he said:
"Yeah it will happen Joe but down the line, right now I’m working on a lot of new works.
Once those are done, i’ll look into some re-presses in amongst that chaos.
Thanks for the interest and support in the work i’m doing and be in touch any time.
James"
Was really surprised he messaged back, I can't see any pre-orders anywhere so I'm hoping to get this without missing out

Any download link?

holy shit I knew the themes of his music have been about alzheimer's and stuff like that, but I didn't know he actually had dementia. Fuck that's heavy

Holy fuck I'm so happy, his stuff under his own name was ok, but nowhere near as great as Caretaker. Feels like it's been forever since Patience.

;_; fucking hell. Now I want to get these records just to support the guy

The last few stages of this series are going to be some of the heaviest stuff ever made.

That's kinda funny in an ironic way but super sad that he has dementia now.

Bruh, if you pay $5 you literally get all six releases when they come out.

So melancholy. I'm not sure what to make of it.

thequietus.com/articles/20970-leyland-james-kirby-interview-the-caretaker

Kirby doesn't actually have dementia, by "The Caretaker having early onset dementia" he's referring to this particular project of his coming to close

I'm looking forward to seeing where the series goes and how it acts as a conclusion for a relatively lengthy project

...oh...well good then

Really? Filtered dixieland loops with vinyl cracks on top? This is worse than vaporwave

Really? Filtered dixieland loops with vinyl cracks on top? This is worse than vaporwave

you must be new here

>The cost of 'Everywhere at the end of time' has been kept at a minimum of £5 for which you will receive all stages when they are released

Well shit I might actually buy this then

not sure how I ended up doubleposting, but why would you say that? I've been lurking since early 2009

I mean, i like the concept (minus the really loud forced cracks), but that's something you do for one track or two, maybe as transitions or aesthetic elements to an album, not for several albums

The music achieves a feeling/vibe you cannot get by simply listening to the source recordings. Especially when edited as a cohesive experience. The same care goes into these recordings as any quality ambient album. He has a unique spin and it works, no problem here. If the vibe does nothing for you, don't listen i guess.

If you want to catch up on The Caretaker's releases, here's a Mega folder I made a while back of everything I could find of his.
mega.nz/#F!uBVjzR4B!aYqHPH8NkaB2rR9stMRNMg

Yeah, go ahead and compare that to Stars Of The Lid or something, lol. There's as much care given to this as to The Disintegration Loops, only there the idea pays off really well because of how physical deterioration sounds.

Like I said, the idea is fantastic, but it's not something you spread out for so long, it just becomes stale and irritating.

hurr de epic vinyls uhhhh
uhhh de epic digital pressed onto a piece of vinyl uhhhh
duhhh da epic literally no difference in sound quality between 180g LP/CD duhh
uhhh epic vinyls duhhhh

why so mad friend?

The Stranger is really underappreciated here. Watching Dead Empires in Decay might be my favorite release from Kirby

Try reading the first two sentences of the article. He does not have dementia.

yikes

Are you upset that people are getting joy out of something?

Why haven't you killed yourself yet, my dude?

yikes

The point he was trying to make went over your head and that's fine just know you embarrassed yourself

Anyone has a link?

thanks a bunch, user!

Yey

No, The Caretaker alias was given dementia as part of the concept.

pitchfork.com/news/68472-james-leyland-kirby-gives-the-caretaker-alias-dementia-releases-first-of-final-6-albums/

>reading comprehension

That's awesome. I'm really excited to see how this series progresses.