What do you guys think about this album?

What do you guys think about this album?
I think it's their most underrated work.

A fucking masterpiece.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FP0knt6jWhA&ab_channel=EyeOpener2
youtube.com/watch?v=oN3RY31up5U
youtube.com/watch?v=sX4sIQaq2MQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nK4LKAohmV4
youtube.com/watch?v=Am-a7I5FkJY
youtube.com/watch?v=F7GYBQJqNaM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I agree, it's easily their great, also their most shunned despite it being fantastic.

>their most shunned
Why man?
It's literally perfect.

When even the band themselves disowned this and never played any of its songs live after the album tour...

My Friends is one of their only good songs imo

And that song was from The Uplift Mofo Party Plan anyway.

It's more rock and less funk, a departure from their sound.

The album tour for OHM was a comedy of errors. That final show in Japan when a tsunami blew the stage over was a pretty fitting metaphor for this period of the Chilies' career.

No, you're thinking of Me and My Friends

They played Aeroplane a few times this year

It makes me so fucking sad that i won't ever listen to all this songs live or at a concert.

Fuck you Kiedis, just do it ONCE for CHRIST SAKE.

Could be because of Dave Navarro

For starters, Dave Navarro is a hard rock/metal guy who could not into funk. He had next-to-no chemistry with the band either in the studio or live. It shows when you listen to tracks like Deep Kick. That tight groove you have on the Hillel and Frusciante stuff is completely absent here.

They play Pea once in a while, other than that they've basically airbrushed OHM from history as if it never happened.

youtube.com/watch?v=FP0knt6jWhA&ab_channel=EyeOpener2

There setlist have been mostly the same for like the past 5 years though

But Frusciante sucks brah.

Anthony apparently recorded part of the album after coming into the studio from a dental appointment and he was all woozy from the anesthesia so he slurs the words.

OHM also had a really dumb-as-dirt fedora track Shallow Be Thy Game. Thankfully only ever played twice in Australia or something.

Are you fucking kiding? He was the best thing to happen to the band. Obviously the most talented too if you listen to his solo stuff

Anthony and Dave smooching in a music video really didn't go over well with homophobic white trash rock fans desu.

OHM really lacks flow. The songs shift styles abruptly as the album goes along and most of them don't mesh with each other. It tries to do too many different things on one record.

>the most talented too
youtube.com/watch?v=oN3RY31up5U

Ok brah, i guess you are easily bewildered by his top notch guitar skills.

For me, the most talented was Chad Smith followed by Flea.

Call fedora all you want but its their best written (lyrical sense) song.

If you consider it mediocre, well that gives you the idea of the rest of their work.

how the hell is chad talented?
im listening to peppers for a while now, and didn't notice any track in which chad stands out.

>constant use of "brah"
Opinion discarded

You have to remember that probably 85% of RHCP fans in 1995 were people who'd gotten into them since BSSM and weren't prepared for the abrupt change in sound, or Dave Navarro. The poor bastard was being heckled at shows by people yelling "We want John! We want John!"

It's ok dude, there's nothing wrong about being impressed by any guy playing a dirt pentatonic/blues scale.

my favorite one of their albums
>the entirety of Deep Kick
>HOOOO SHIT

BSSM was a very hard album to have to top, and Dave said he never really "got" their funk sound. I mean, it's still a better album than the likes of I'm With You, but it can't touch BSSM or the Hillel era stuff.

wtf are you talking about? dave navarro was a pretty little goth hippie

like have you ever listened to jane's addiction?

There's some not-bad songs on OHM and it also displays a bit more maturity and isn't as juvenile as the previous albums, but as a whole, it was very underwhelming for both the fans and critics. Dave Navarro just wasn't an easy guy to work with, aside from funk being a genre that didn't interest him much, he didn't really understand the band's creative process which involved a lot of jamming and was also more collaborative than what he was used to from Jane's Addiction where Percy Farrell ruled everything with an iron fist.

It took a long time to write the songs, partially because of Dave's uselessness but also Anthony started getting back into drugs. Flea ended up writing three songs on OHM because Anthony wasn't delivering.

If you'd ever seen an interview with DN, he mentions his primary musical influences as being stuff like Iron Maiden and Metallica rather than the groups that influenced RHCP like P-Funk and The Stickmen.

OHM sounds a lot more like a grunge album than their previous stuff. Sure, that was the "in" thing in the mid-90s but it turned off their fanbase hard. The kiss thing in the Warped video also came back to bite them.

you're an idiot m80

John Frusciante apparently never listened to OHM because he said "It's like watching someone else fuck your ex." Although an interview from the SA period hinted that he may have heard one of the songs. Probably it's just like Ozzy refusing to perform Dio songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=sX4sIQaq2MQ

Supposedly they did try rehearsing some OHM songs a few years ago but decided they didn't fit the rest of the setlist.

youtube.com/watch?v=nK4LKAohmV4

4:10

Anthony says right here that John never listened to OHM and wanted nothing to do with it.

Tearjerker is one of my favorites

>MY MOUTH FELL OPEN

youtube.com/watch?v=Am-a7I5FkJY

They don't like OHM because it reminds them of drug addiction and anal sex with Dave Navarro.

>Jane's Addiction where Percy Farrell ruled everything with an iron fist up his butt

Dave joined the band in early 94 and they played their first live show with him that spring. The sessions for OHM started in June and took literal months, not being completed until the following February while BSSM was recorded in a couple of weeks.

That's actually quite funny because Chad Smith was also from a metal background and knew nothing about funk when he joined the band.

bump

Navarro > Frusciante

By looking this thread, this should be Cred Forumscore.

2nd favorite rhcp album after bssm

it's true. frusciante is extremely overrated.

I´M A LITTLE PEA
FUCK YOU ASSHOLE
YOU HOMOPHOBIC REDNECK DICK

They should play this whole album at least one time.

Fuck you fraudsciante.

youtube.com/watch?v=F7GYBQJqNaM

Lol, they were playing better back then than now.

>red and black
this album cover and the video for warped were all red&black and so was Hexen, the sequel to Heretic. For that minor reason the two will always be linked in my mind. 95, a good year.

Frusciante not being able of playing OHM's song was the main reason they didn't played anything from that era.

nope, john's ego was the main reason.

Why he's such a fucking asshole? Why so many people suck his dick?

cuz people don't know him in person and only care about his music. which is not a bad thing per se.
both of your questions were unnececsarry and have pretty obvious answers. i am questioning your mental competence

This was their Majora's Mask's.

what a fucking asshole

jesus that's retarded, and so was kiedis' blond hair