Release new video of your depressing greatest hits but with a twist band performing a song you did a million times...

>release new video of your depressing greatest hits but with a twist band performing a song you did a million times better in the 70's
>everyone wrecks you a new anus in the comment section
>disable the comment section out of asspain
it's over lads
Fripp has finally totally and utterly failed us

youtube.com/watch?v=FhKJgqxNDD8

I saw KC a couple of weeks ago and they were incredible. Starless in particular is one of the best things I've had the pleasure of seeing in person.

The tour (and album presumably) isn't greatest hits, it's reinterpretations of old songs with new instruments and personnel.

I know it's a meme, but you autists need to get over the digital rights thing. Who cares how uptight he is, you can still download their entire discography in minutes if you insist

Also comments have always been disabled on all their videos

Not true as I myself have commented on Starless and on a few other videos of theirs
I hope that's true. But whenever they release a video performance it sounds fucking dreadful. Especially the singer, but everything in it sounds pretty lifeless. I hope it's just the mix.
As for the digital rights thing, I don't care about that. I pirated their entire discography and bought a few of their albums directly from the site.

Fripp failed long ago when he married toyah. Wtf is up with that.

>Also comments have always been disabled on all their videos
You don't need to look hard to see this is blatantly not true.

Fripp almost certainly does not look at the youtube comments on the DGM vids himself.

>I saw KC a couple of weeks ago and they were incredible.
That's good to hear, I might be seeing them in two months. I still need to listen to their releases after Beat. Are they still playing with three drummers?

>I pirated their entire discography
Robert Fripp's death squads are on their way to your house.

>I still need to listen to their releases after Beat.
There's probably better things you could be doing with your time desu. There are some good songs in the later stuff but don't bother with The ConstruKction of Light. It's actually just embarrassing to listen to.

>The tour (and album presumably) isn't greatest hits, it's reinterpretations of old songs with new instruments and personnel.
Has Fripp actually confirmed that? And what's up with 3 drummers? As far as the song goes, there are definitely better versions of it. And if it's true that they're doing reinterpretations, I guess I can somehow understand why it's being played the world it is, but it's far from their best rendition of it and I'm not sure how is Fripp ok with this.

That sounded great wtf are you on about?

The way it is*

TCOL is underrated
you just need to be in the right mood for it, one that isn't very Crimson-typical

>I hope that's true. But whenever they release a video performance it sounds fucking dreadful. Especially the singer, but everything in it sounds pretty lifeless. I hope it's just the mix.
This could be the case. The sax solo at 8:52 is a little quiet than you'd expect, so that leads me to believe that they may have had some mixing issues.

>you just need to be in the right mood for it
I bet I need to be in the right mood for Kenny G too but I guess we'll never know cause that "mood" never strikes me either.

Quieter*

I know that it's a shitty excuse but I don't think the album is as bad as people make it out to be. It has some shitty tracks like that Larks Tongue Part IV shit but also some good stuff, like the title track and ProzaKc Blues. I like the I Have a Dream coda but I can see why some people won't, it's a bit sappy.

I mostly listen to this album when doing something else that requires me to get hyped up and focused.

The comments are only disabled on the two videos from Radical Action, they're probably annoyed with the people complaining about the camera angles tb.h

>Are they still playing with three drummers?
Yes. It works a lot better than you'd think. They also have sax or flute added to songs that previously didn't have them, again works better than you might expect.

>I still need to listen to their releases after Beat
The other albums are worth listening to, despite what the other guy said, although I think there was only one post-70s song from their set IIRC. They can't really do them without Adrian Belew (easily one of the most underappreciated guitarists and frontmen ever). It's like King Crimson's take on 90s alternative music, just like the 80s stuff was their take on new wave. Very reminiscent of NIN and Tool, but with a KC edge to it.

The only albums I really dislike are Three of a Perfect Pair The Power to Believe. The thing about their 80s and 90s/00s albums is that each decade can be seen as its own album. They explore the same sounds and by the time you get to the third album for each it's just overstayed its welcome. THRAK and Discipline are great, though.

>Has Fripp actually confirmed that?
Well, I saw and heard it myself.

>And what's up with 3 drummers?
It works much better with percussion-heavy songs like LTIA

>Robert "DELET THIS" Fripp strikes again

>I don't think the album is as bad as people make it out to be
I respect your right to like it but I don't think you ought to expect that other people will "come around" to it or something.
The majority of King Crimson fans don't like it. King Crimson are my favourite band and I think it is on par with some of the ProjeKCts in terms of aimless improvisation, some of the compositional ideas (like the pitch shifted vocals on ProzaKc Blues or reopening LTIA) were fucking horrendous and the lyrics are some of the worst I've ever heard. Normally I don't even pay attention to lyrics but these are so fucking cringey, it's hard to ignore them.
That said, the worst thing about it is how bland and unoriginal it is. I'd rather a whole album of Godawful failed experiments than that. At least it'd look like Fripp was still trying.
>I mostly listen to this album when doing something else
If one was going to listen to it, this is good advice.