Official weeknd /hype/ thread. what'd you guys think of the single?

official weeknd /hype/ thread. what'd you guys think of the single?

Other urls found in this thread:

youredm.com/2016/09/21/listen-weeknd-daft-punks-starboy/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha

Really like it. I love his poppy shit honestly. This ones gonna get radio play until i cant stand it anymore

same here

this

ya i digged it honestly. his last album was a step in the right direction, but it still missed the mark for me, but this was really catchy and refreshing. surprised he got daft punk to help him with it

Sounds too much like "On Sight" from Yeezus.

Not horrible, but give us back some acid house Daft Punk.

Cool meme bro

I'm biased af as a Weeknd stan but I thought it was great

Beat was certifiably dope because Daft Punk

His vocal range was sick, seems like he's perfecting his falsetto in a way we haven't seen that much in earlier work.

Lyrics lack that HOB/EOS brilliance but honestly what do you expect at this point after BBTM. Going back to that "Sad Boy from Toronto" vibe can't really work on a extended level anymore, he's just too famous. Plus Kissland did that and made large sections of the album kinda tiring.

Also appreciate that he actually gave us a date and then immediately released a single as opposed to fucking around like Travis.

So excited for the album. People are talking about Drake, Belly, Travis, Lorde, Lil Uzi, Rich tha Kid featuring (granted this might be complete bullshit).

i feel the exact same way, you're spot on imo

Extremely underwhelming. I'm a fan of The Weeknd but fuck, I feel like everyone just eats up all his songs, regardless if they're shitty. The guy has all the money he could ever want yet is still churning out radio-tier garbage. Fuck most of BBTM and fuck this song lol

bump

this

not this

this

download?

this

Radio-tier garbage = more money on his end

this

this

this

not this

not this

It's good, but I feel like I only like it because of Daft Punk. BBTM sucked apart from the four song streak beginning with Tell Your Friends and ending with Acquainted.

I really like House of Balloons and Echoes of Silence, and Thursday and Kiss Land are decent, but The Weeknd just isn't as impressive as his contemporaries. Frank Ocean, Miguel, Drake, Jai Paul, Jeremih, dvsn, and Bryson Tiller are just more appealing to me.

>dvsn
>Bryson Tiller
>Jeremih

your opinion and all but none of those artists are better or on the same level as the Weeknd

this

I think the album is going to take on a different tone from the single, it's the first track on the record and probably the most accessible one, he said it was inspired partially by Talking Heads so I'm interested to hear how that pans out.

not this

not this

this

not this

this

not this

this

Tillet is the perfect balance of a contemporary R&B singer and a trap rapper. He's got major bars on Trapsoul.

dvsn has a larger range with (imo) better production. Songs of his like With Me or The Line show his expansive vision that I like.

I understand you not liking Jeremih as much, that one's just a personal opinion.

i remember way back when everyone on this board dick rode the weeknd after house of balloons came out

funny how much he blew up

amazingly clichéd it's unbelievable

>youredm.com/2016/09/21/listen-weeknd-daft-punks-starboy/
>talking about a track featured on YourEDM

kek

Fuck is Daft Punk finally making a return? Those lazy frenchies have to be preparing a new album + Alive 2017 by now.

As a daft punk fan I'm pretty disapointed, I just don't know what they're trying to do anymore.

I mean, it's a decent pop song that I otherwise would be indifferent towards, but seeing Daft Punks name on it changes the way I feel about it.

I really hope that they keep close to something like R.A.M. honestly. In my opinion that's their best album.

bump

Twas good

Something about the beat felt a little off kilter to me, can't put my finger on it, but I could see it being some Remain In Light type rhythmic shit.

Fuck off you pile of bones

I didn't really like it.

>skeletons shilling in this thread

go back to your coffin, bitch