METALHEADS GET IN HERE!!!

FACT: Anything "good' about metal can be found in better use and quality in other genres

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JQbSdEP2M8I
youtube.com/watch?v=td-v6vG2Xhs
youtube.com/watch?v=aPVt9yR8t2o
youtube.com/watch?v=zFT6TFw7e_w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no not shredding

k

you're kidding right?

this will be way to easy

"shredding" is just soulless noodling wank
"look how fast I can play a pentatonic scale guys! please look!!"
Just one example of a genre that uses proficient soloing skills or "shedding" in a better way would be jazz. the emphasis on difficult solos is done in a more soulful, tasteful, and proficient way.

you guys have to try a little harder than that
especially this guy

i mean if i wanna smash shit i'll listen to some post hardcore or some underground/trap rap.

but it's not the same as some face melting death metal. metal is undoubtedly the most aggressive genre out there and there's an insane amount of subgenres that allow you to keep discovering new shit while still retaining the key metal elements.

also, good job making a thread based off one point you made in that other thread...kys

lol

That "Fact" of yours applies to pretty much every other genre.

>metal is undoubtedly the most aggressive genre out there
punk boi

What the fuck is with all the sudden metal hate ont his board? Did we get a sudden influx of pussified nu-males?

it really only applies to shit genres when you really think about it so...

metal is nowhere near the only genre that is "aggressive" let alone the most aggressive

oh it's you from the other thread! still haven't come up with any good points I see..

whats actually good about any kind of metal other than black?

what the fuck is even good about black metal?

>other thread
link?

everything
and i asked first

>black metal
The whole genre is literally a meme

metal is far more aggressive than noise music which is pretty much the only other thing i could think of you saying is more aggressive

Then how about you name something a musician/band/etc. of a specific gerne who will always make everything better than any other musician of another genre.
You simply can't, because genres consist of many, many musicians who form a genre and keep it alive. Implying that all these musicians are better in everything than others is simply stupid.

Also, i don't really get discussions like these. Trying to convince some genre is superior to others simply makes you an elitist. And i think it's obvious that this doesn't make you more likeable as a person. Everyone has his own taste, so why even bother if someone likes really minimalistic or really technical or really whatever music?

if you think aggressive = distorted guitars played on the lowest string then you are a lost cause

most noise iv'e heard is much more aggressive, dissonant and intense and any metal band tries so hard to be

especially the composers who came before noise music

you must be illiterate, considering I had just said there are plenty of other aggressive genres in the same post. i just think metal is the most aggressive

lightning bolt you idiot

if you think metal = distorted guitars played on the lowest string then you are a lost cause

any one thing you find in any genre can be found in another genre

I don't care for metal, just wanted to let you know that you're less intelligent than you think you are and should probably kill yourself

distorted guitars played on the lowest string might be the only thing that connects all metal subgeneres
except glam, maybe...

nah m8. im not gonna listen to noise when I'm at the gym or when i'm speeding to work or something like that. keep listening to your cringey ass noise shit while you flail around on your keyboard trying to convince people to like your elitist taste in music.

>listens to harsh noise music
dude just listen to radio static. Has white noise too

>listens to jazz
Dude just listen to the blues. It has improvisation too

>listens to metal
dude just listen to crunk rap. It has harsh vocals too

youtube.com/watch?v=JQbSdEP2M8I
but......

>fast = aggresive
u dum

ewwww...

you're either a troll or very stupid but i'll reply anyway

>listens to jazz
Dude just listen to the blues. It has improvisation too

you seriously think blues music has better improvisations than jazz? like what

you're either a troll or very stupid since you replied to my sarcasm

this is what people are trying to defend

SO FAR NO METALHEAD HAS COME UP WITH ONE GOOD POINT
HOW WILL THEY EVER RECOVER?

>metalcore = all metal
fallacy of faulty generalization

>replying to a troll you thought you trolled
sigh

Well, while it is true that the lowest string is heavily used for rhythm guitar playing, stating that rhythm guitar in metal is just that is simply not true (at least if you're not listening to djent and stuff, but whatever). Also, following this logic metal is pretty much the same as every other rock-genre since the rhythm guitars heavily use powerchords.

see

where are you people getting these assumptions? never even implied that in my post. usually at the gym i'll bump melvins, behemoth, kvelertak, vektor, all types of shit. good metal to me has nothing to do with speed, and everything to do with the feeling it evokes.

your evidence being a video on metalcore?

fallacy of faulty generalization

>thinking rhythm guitar in metal is not simple

fuck i tagged myself i'm way too drunk to be dealing with this shit.
meant to tag

awe sorry which _____core should we be talking about then?

but all metal deals with the same fucking feelings
>IM ANGERY
>IM ANGSTERY
>im pumped

b-but g-g-guys metalcore sounds N-NOTHING like other types of metal s-seriously trust me!!!

Cred Forumscore

Welcome to Cred Forums, where opinions are facts and and everyone else is wrong.

Ahh, to be a teenager again...

either:
>posting a video
>didn't watch it

or:
>just trolling

>forgetting meme arrow and/or quotes

Shredding is pretty much everything I dislike about metal in a microcosm

ikr

Going off the original post on jazz, I really which there was more jazz-influenced metal that wasn't based on fusion

yeah it's pretty pathetic that it was their first point

that would just poison jazz

>but MUH genre has sooooouuul maaaan
Why do jazzfags always use this weasel word?

>another genre incorporating elements from another genre will posion the other genre

youtube.com/watch?v=td-v6vG2Xhs
you have to wait for the solo in this one but its worth it
youtube.com/watch?v=aPVt9yR8t2o
while i have to admit nails comes close to noise sometimes its definitely metal

it just sounds good to my earholes im not really trying to say anythings better than anything im just saying in the end its all the fucking same anyways like cant people just enjoy music

the human element or "soul" is what makes music special you dim motherfucker

also I would like to see you try to take on OP's challenge

well if you're adding jazz to say djent it is poisoned

any other genre mixing if fine by me really

Anything "good' about jazz can be found in better use and quality in other genres

you're allowed to like dog shit for all i care
just know it's very cringey to most

youtube.com/watch?v=zFT6TFw7e_w

i could do this all day man its pretty easy

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU TRY AND PROVE THAT GO AHEAD

>wanting me to prove my claim
>not wanting OP to prove his claim

this isn't even metal

you can't prove it

and if you would read through the thread you would see that it has been proven on every point brought up so...

>nails comes close to noise
confirmed for knowing nothing about noise

>It's stoner metal dumbass

>points are evidence

There is a lot of metal music that isn't just edgy noise about being angry

which is barely metal

>imbling
lern to use the meem arrows, dood.

ok, gimme an argument to defend your statement, at least

That's in literally every genre but since jazzfags can't actually think of anything good to say about their genre they take the most basic term like "soul" and spam it.

That's like when you have to compliment someone and you say they have nice eyes. Fucking everyone has nice eyes when you look at them.

you seem to not understand that the points im talking about are
which are the only two things they could come up with

well thats just like your opinion man i mean ive met a lot of good people at metal shows good friends and its made my life a lot happier and when you feel good it tends to make the people around you feel good and i dont mean just people that are into metal i mean like everyone you meet

Sorry, my post on jazz was meant to ironically show that the OP has the burden of proof. I am actually a fan of jazz.

And those points are meaningless as well. Every point in this thread either lacks evidence or commits a logical fallacy.

ok, i'll be honest and admit that i only know one album there (Alcest) and is pretty good but like i already said, the only good shit metal-related is that coming from black.

did you not see the other two words that were next to soulful?

let me help you out
>the emphasis on difficult solos is done in a more soulful, tasteful, and proficient way

you seem very butthurt

Most of the stuff there is prog, atmosludge and doom

so then enlighten us o-wise one

i dont know much about noise and i dont want too just like how you dont want to know much about the music i listen too

this is grunge dude, im sorry. i haven't listened to stoner metal but this really just sounds like grunge.
and yes, grunge is a kinda meme term but then i'll saywho cares?

ok OP, give me a beautiful feels album that's heavy, slow and atmospheric.

something better than pic related without any metal influence.

i do know about metal. i do like -some- metal, after all, i was 14 yo once, too. i wouldn't be talking about metal if i didn't know about metal. thats something only an idiot would do.
your just dum kid.

its the blues scales and use of tritones that sets it apart from grunge. grunge and metal are pretty similar genres though so i suppose a bit of overlap is to be expected

>soulful
>proficient
>thinks these hold anymore meaning than "soulful"
Jazzfags amiright

the word was tasteful.
do you really think that holds no meaning? why talk about taste then?

theres no need to get defensive dude

it just makes me angry that you would take pride in your ignorance and think the same about me

well i can understand that i do tend to make assumptions from time to time

I really hope you're not the OP because if you've only heard 1 album on that list you've made an awful b8 thread.