Chart thread

today, were going to try to improve the standards of chart threads, and hopefully, in time, Cred Forums as a whole, seeing as its been going downhill since 2013...
lets face it: indie rock is the cornerstone of this board, it is the beating heart that even now still keeps Cred Forums hanging on to life. sadly though, in the past few years an innumerable amount of undesirables (who really dont belong here in the first place) have flooded in to mu and steered us away from the things that really matter, forced their negroe music upon us (death grips, kendrick lamar, travis scott, etc.) and otherwise ruined our once-great boards culture
we can even draw parallels between the situation we now face here on Cred Forums and the current global climate, where once great nations, like sweden, germany, france, and most unfortunately, the U S of A have begun a sad decline due to a sharp unfastening of cultural integrity due mostly to a deluge of people who are unremarkable, and, quite frankly, useless and even detrimental to us as a society (sound familiar?)
i am not here to talk about jazz music, it is dead, and while it was a neccesary precursor to the peoples music (rock'n'roll) it is now obsolete and of no use to anybody except academics. i am not an academic, and most likely, neither are you! heres an analogy which may help to illustrate my point: jazz is to rock and roll as the old testament is to the new. while the old testament deserves credit for giving rise to the conditions neccesary to spawn the new testament, it is hardly of use to us anymore. just as jesus of nazareth fulfilled the prophecies and made the laws of the old testament no longer applicable, captain beefheart and his magic band fulfilled the prophecies of jazz music [trout mask replica].
neither am i here to discuss classical music, as it is and has always been made by and for academics. i again, am not an academic, nor do i attempt to convince myself that i am. therefore i find no pleasure in most [continued in part 2]

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cawk2cMTnGo
rateyourmusic.com/~dugnad
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

classical.
this is not to say you cant or shouldnt enjoy these forms of art, i am merely explaining why one should never attempt to put them above or before rock music as the one true genre of music which this board should be (and in fact used to) be dedicated to. the fact that so many faux-academics have begun popping up on this board and flaunting this music as superior to the music of humans [rock'n'roll] is frankly, disturbing, which is why i chose to address these genres.

so, all that said, PLEASE refrain from posting this thread if:
A.) you cant appreciate GOOD music such as:
~~>neil young (creator of indie rock)
~~>built to spill
~~>beefheart
~~>neutral milk hotel
~~>magnetic fields
~~>unwound
~~>weezer (you know its true)
~~>slint
~~>can
~~>pavement (only their first two albums)
~~>tool, korn, metallica
~~>charles mingus (just kidding)
~~>yo la tengo
~~>the vu (goes without saying)
B.) are not able to play a musical instrument
C.) are of unsavory persuasions, such as:
~>gay
~>genderqueer
~>transfuck
~>otherwise delusional
D.) dont recognize the big man (piero scaruffi) as the sole arbiter of musical merit
E.) seriously use rateyourmusic

some of you so-called ‘avant-teens’ may think yourselves exempt to all that ive said, but you are in fact worse than the rap-loving troglodytes you so look down upon. this is because despite having an adequate knowledge of music, you choose to not recognize most albums that people actually enjoy, and instead dig through endless archives of music nobody knows or cares about (for good reason) in a pityable attempt at cultivating some sort of contrived image and taste, therefore treating music more as a utility with which to gain social status than as a true form of art. this behavior is abhorrent and can NOT be tolerated.

and yet i still expect some of you to doubt, dismiss, and critique all that i have said. this is perfectly acceptable. i am more than open to discourse, though if you [continued in part 3]

expect to change my views on music and the state of this board, please only attempt to do so in the form of a valid, logical, argument. i simply cannot take any pithy attacks on character seriously, as they do not actually pertain to my argument or my mission.

thank you for reading, i hope i have allowed you to consider what this board truly can, was, and should be... now lets all try and make Cred Forums great again

youtube.com/watch?v=cawk2cMTnGo

what instrument do you play, blaise?

can we get a different chart thread

guitar primarily but i also am learning my ropes about the sax, fiddle, ringus/slingdinger, fart trumpet
and you?

whats wrong with this one, user?

lmao nice taste fascist

holy fucking shit dude

who /unsavory persuasion/ here?

Not an Argument!

Love - Forever Changes

CRIMEWAVE - 66.6%

>i don't like this music so that means only le dumb trannies like it XD
apply yourself

holy fucking shit dude

Gershon Kingsley - Music to Moog By
Moon Safari - Blomljud
Timbre - Sun and Moon

Glenn Branca - The Ascension
Akufen - My Way
Nils Frahm and Anne Muller - 7fingers

Jackson C. Frank - s/t
Joe Henry - Civilians
Reaching Quiet - In the Shadow of the Living Room

Chart here
Will post recs as I go along

am i good blaise

give some recs and we'll tell you

Damn, wrong wew lad file on my comp
Not my finest moment tbqh

is this supposed to imply that mpp is your favorite album of all time?

Rec for rec lads

>Rec for rec
fuck off degenerate
if people like you would just rec in the first place then you'd get some responses

wew lads
they call you meme master also weezer are garbage
women - public strain
pneu - highway to health
>disintegration lopps
appalling desu
good hip hop taste tho
check out dr octagon
little kid - logic songs
pacific uv - s/t

Music is subjective

fine nigger

>Korn - s/t
Nice shit lad. Check out Brainticket - Cottonwoodhill
Mr. Bungle - Disco Volante
Check out the new Touche Amore
Women - Public Strain
>Cryptopsy
Nice. Check out Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane

Vant - Karma Seeker

I mean.. More mucore?

LVL UP - Return to Love
Smif-N-Wessun - Dah Sinin
Good taste btw

Poet and the Roots - Dread Beat and Blood
Magnum Force - Share my Love
The Paragons - On the Beach

You are suspected of being in violation of more than one (1) rule listed in part two of my post.
Rule(s) violated:
RULE C: UNSAVORY PERSUASION
Comment: it appears from your comment "who /unsavory persuasion/ here?" that you area fag

Please take on of two actions:
OPTION 1: File an appeal by responding to this post within thirty (30) minutes explaining or denying the cause of this transgression
OPTION 2: Openly renounce and apologize for all of your transgressions of the rules in a reply to this post within thirty (30) minutes. Please do so in your own words.
OPTION 3: Leave

You are suspected of being in violation of more than one (1) rule listed in part two of my post.
Rule(s) violated:
RULE A: UNABLE TO APPRECIATE GOOD MUSIC
RULE D: DO NOT THE BIG MAN (PIERO SCARUFFI)
RULE E: USE RATEYOURMUSIC
Comment: based on prior knowledge I am certain you are in violation of these rules, ergo you may not file an appeal.

OPTION 1: Openly renounce and apologize for all of your transgressions of the rules in a reply to this post within thirty (30) minutes. Please do so in your own words.
OPTION 2: Leave

Rule(s) violated:
RULE B: UNABLE TO PLAY A MUSICAL INSTRUMENT
Comment: based on prior knowledge I am certain you are in violation of these rules, ergo you may not file an appeal.

OPTION 1: Openly renounce and apologize for all of your transgressions of the rules in a reply to this post within thirty (30) minutes. Please do so in your own words.

>weezer are garbage
Not an Argument!
Not an Argument!

i'll rec once someone posts a chart i haven't rec'd before*

*granted i recognize anything

MPP's kind of been a backdrop to the past 4 years of my life. It's always been there, a constant. Not necessarily my favourite, but damn, it's just there, you know. It's like alcohol. You might have better times, or the best times, on MD or LSD or coke or whatever, but when you come back from work, it's not the needle or the pill but the bottle and the worn out CD copy of MPP which is staring back at you, wobbling in the distance and wobbling ever more so when you get to the bottle and the optical illusion takes hold...

fuck off senpai

tl;dr

ur a fag

sage

The prime cringe posted here is all mine btw

Via App - Dangerous Game

Not an Argument!
Not an Argument!

Fuck off, you faggot!

Rule(s) violated:

Rule(s) violated:
Comment: none of the artists listed in the Original Post are on your chart, leading me to assume you are in violations of rules A, B, and D. furthermore your taste in general leads me to assume you are in violation of rule E

OPTION 1: File an appeal by responding to this post within thirty (30) minutes explaining or denying the cause of this transgression
OPTION 2: Openly renounce and apologize for all of your transgressions of the rules in a reply to this post within thirty (30) minutes. Please do so in your own words.

Appeal denied. Please leave this thread.

not an argument sorry

finally someone gets it gosh
Parson Sound - parson sound
Nico - chelsea girl
Dead can dance - within the realm of a dying sun
omg

>Dead can dance - within the realm of a dying sun

Just listened to that recently. 5/10, surprised I didn't enjoy it. Also looking at your chart the only shit I recognize is the Slowdive album. So check out Nothing - Tired of Tomorrow

Rule(s) violated:
Comment: none of the artists listed in the Original Post are on your chart, leading me to assume you are in violations of rules A, B, and D. furthermore your taste in general leads me to assume you are in violation of rule E

wow a lot of nerds in this thread

What a surprise to see TTNG here!

lol

nobody cares
>there are my favorites, please leave if you don't agree

I like your chart a lot, we've got similar tastes
George Russell - Electric Sonata
Coil - Musick to Play in the Dark

Lungfish - Unanimous Hour
Turbonegro - Ass Cobra

Shahmen - All in the Circle
Future Sound of London - Dead Cities

Tuxedomoon - Desire
Rip Rig and Panic - God

Bailterspace - Tanker
Thinking Fellers Union - Mother of All Saints

Not an Argument!

Rule(s) violated:
Comment: none of the artists listed in the Original Post are on your chart, leading me to assume you are in violations of rules A, B, and D.

its weird that you say nobody cares when you clearly care and even disagree enough to attempt to assert the (false) fact that nobody cares. stranger yet is the fact that even though youre a scaruffi drone and from what i can tell dont break any of the rules you are frustrated with all ive said

let me take you under my wing user. you can do better than this

feeling good about getting my driver license

>let me take you under my wing user. you can do better than this
perhaps you're right, let's make Cred Forums great again!

test

Hi Sanic. This is beautiful. Keep up the good work. :)

hmm

hi Julie!

>Os Afro Sambas
Very nice.

wait

guys

what "is" music?

>challenge for a civilized society

disgusting

postin in a quality thread

This is my fault

its been forty (40) minutes but im gonna deny all four accusations because i like good music, i play the piano, i enjoy scaruffi and i do not use rym

i also like a lot of those bands v much (besides pavement and weezer theyre awful)

hey look dubs for a big bub

Scratch Acid - The Greatest Gift

also keep up the good work sanic, elitism is needed here more

Not an Argument!
>(besides pavement and weezer theyre awful)
Not an Argument!

>Not an Argument!

where did i say it was

its as good as those other three and you know it

who are you?

I'm sorry, but you appeal has been denied.
Comment: suspect stated "... pavement and weezer theyre awful" this is a blatant violation of rule A
Please leave

Rule(s) violated:
Comment: rateyourmusic.com/~dugnad

Please take on of three (3) actions:

thats an academic question that i have no interest in

Rule(s) violated:

Please take on of three (3) actions:

I'm sorry, but you appeal has been denied.
Comment: No defense
Please leave.

get better taste then ill read your fucking 1000 word essay

Why should I file an appeal if I'm only suspected in violation? Isn't the burden of proof on you?

Not an Argument!

Not an Argument!

ok

>-->neil young (creator of indie rock)
I thought he was considered the godfather of grunge, though?

responding to a quality post

cato

what are you going to play in your car while driving?

Vangelis - Spiral

>Touhou
w e w

Magma - Retrospectiw (Parts I+II)

>Blond that high
Hasn't that album only been out for like, a couple weeks?

probably pic related first, but desu i feel i need a few more months of driving until i feel comfortable enough to drive well with music in the background