Why does Cred Forums hate the wall so much?

I mean i know it's pleb teir, but i don't know why Cred Forumstants act like it's the worst album of all time

It made David Gilmour fat

Go to Wikipedia

Look up "best selling albums of all time"

You now have a list of albums that Cred Forums will trash talk without any substance to their criticism

You can now relax and not take the shitposts seriously

Listen to this instead.

Because it's an album listed by entry level wannabe hipsters as their favourite pink floyd album despite only having heard Another Brick and Comfortably Numb, whilst not having heard the Roger Waters penned shitshow that the rest of the album is.

Listing this album as your favourite, just like listing DSOTM as your favourite, demonstrates a failure to engage with Pink floyd's wider discography, especially Barrett era and just post Barrett era (meddle notable amongst the albums left out of many people's list of favourite pink floyd albums despite it being one of their best)

TL;DR it's an album composed mostly of utter dirge and of comfortably numb. If you unironically think this is a good album, let alone their best, you are an inveterate pleb

It's actually one of their best, and it's a fantastic concept album. Only hipsters deny this

because its popular

>We don't nee-
shut the fuck up

It's shit. You don't have to be a meme hipster to see that Roger's songwriting has appreciably deteriorated since WYWH at the very least, if not before. If you think a double LP of Waters written filler and one decent Gilmour tune amounts to one of their best I shudder to think what your opinion of the rest of their discography is

i think Saucerful is their best, are you gonna get butt hurt about that too

Saucerful as your favourite is more respectable as an opinion than the wall being good.
>butthurt because I tell you your shit opinions are shit
Which site do you think you're on exactly? Are you not projecting somewhat or do you assume everyone who disagrees with your shit opinions to be "butthurt"

you just sound mad because i like the wall

saucer is the best

The movie is better than the album. I get great satisfaction that Geldoff is still trigered by its mere mention even to this day.

P R O J E C T I N G

Seriously, kill yourself before you have the chance to procreate. For the good of humanity. Consider it an exercise in voluntary eugenics. We'd all be better off, especially you.

the wall isn't a failure of an album lol, it's certainly better than some of their other albums like Animals which is filled with calculated instrumental fluff and some of Pink Floyd's worst lyrics in their entire career. The lyrics in Nookie are better than in most of Animals

>muh gilmour

Fuck off, Davidbot. Nothing on The Wall is filler, IMO. It's a fucking concept album and if you don't get the concept then you're a fucking idiot. Just because I think The Wall is one of their best albums doesn't mean I failed to engage on the Floyd's wider discography. I actually think that their overall best period was 1966-1972, when they were an experimental psychedelic group that actually pushed boundaries. After Dark Side, they stopped giving a fuck except for Roger mostly.

Honestly, I enjoy Roger Waters' lyrics. I love The Final Cut as well, and I enjoy Pros and Cons as well as Amused to Death. I disagree with the notion that Roger's songwriting deteriorated since Wish You Were Here. If anything, between 1975-1979, Roger was on a roll.

For the record, here's how I rate the albums:
The Piper at the Gates of Dawn
Animals
The Wall
Meddle
Dark Side of the Moon
Wish You Were Here
Atom Heart Mother
A Saucerful of Secrets
Obscured by Clouds
The Final Cut
The Division Bell
Ummagumma
More
A Momentary Lapse of Reason

It's too bad you won't get a response worth a shit because this was a good post

idk i actually like the whole album

I think that, genuinely, the only people who truly dislike The Wall, and fail to see its objective musical merits, simply didn't understand the concept. If you don't understand what Roger is saying, then the whole piece falls flat and most of it comes out sounding like filler pieces.

But every song on the LP is there for a reason. Even Vera/Bring the Boys Back Home, which may seem like to someone who's not really paying attention to be a filler lead-up to Comfortably Numb, are significant in the development of Pink, who's just a stand-in for Roger Waters.

The album is, for those in the thread that are reading that would like to know, is about Roger's alienation from his audience and the world and his feelings towards the human condition and isolation. During the In The Flesh Tour supporting Animals, the band faced rowdier crowds than ever before and it all culminated in the last gig where Roger spat in the face of some guy. Roger wanted to build a wall that separated the band from the audience, so he wouldn't even have to look at them. One thing led to another and, eventually Roger wrote down essentially his life story up to that point.

In the one lyric in 'In The Flesh' where he says 'If I had my way, I'd have all of you shot!' He really means it.

It's not just Cred Forums, Pink Floyd fans from every community are pretty divided over The Wall.
And really, it's not hard to see why:
- It marks the peak of Waters' dominance over the band's creative process(the Final Cut was arguably worse, but it was mostly recycled The Wall material and most people would rather forget it exists entirely so w/e)
- To add salt to the wound the album was basically a Waters' autobiography
- If you don't identify with Pinky/Waters' drama-filled life story all you have is a double-disc snoozefest on your hands
- And of course there's all the secret club people who are buttblasted because every normie out there knows Another Brick in the Wall pt. 2

>i don't know why Cred Forumstants act like it's the worst album of all tim
Because it's damn near close to it. It's really shockingly terrible. It's overproduced and underwritten. Its attempts to ape disco and comic operas are woefully misguided. The lyrics are prosaic, boring, unoriginal and not even a fraction as profound as they think they are. The entire concept is ludicrous, as first year psychology is expected to share space with ham fisted totalitarianism (suddenly; NAZIS!) and the whole thing reads like a textbook example of rock and pop's over-reliance on excess and maximalism in order to communicate anything.