>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed) (embed) (embed)

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strandbergguitars.com/strandberg-uppsala-internationella-guitar-festival-competition-2016/?contest=contest-condition
ibanez.com/products/u_eb_detail.php?year=2016&cat_id=2&series_id=55&data_id=84&color=CL01
youtube.com/watch?v=cAmWkWZiZ50
youtube.com/watch?v=eodPfAPMVgA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=xrPPF6gzMJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=wAWUottqQmk
youtube.com/watch?v=6TcDP8T5VZc
mediafire.com/folder/sayviwqxfcxfjon
youtu.be/CYHSTFXCeLQ
youtu.be/4DVguBGbtgM
youtube.com/watch?v=F5QCs3PnQBc
tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/t/the_microphones/my_warm_blood_crd.htm
youtu.be/EyCrmk9c3H8
youtu.be/t1RsfckCy4U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wont he hurt his back playing like this /gg/?

post meme guitar picks

post meme guitars

hardmode: no more than six strings

sometimes when i play guitar i want to kill myself

I want a varberg so badly lads
>$3850

meme guitar

you are so late and so desperate.

or you can get black humbuckers, that'd look pretty stealth

done

This is actually pretty badass

>playing guitar with the spirit of an ancient animal radiating from your hands

delete your thread before posting in mine.

>6 strings
>no fanned frets

Why even bother with a Strandberg?

aluminium*

Guys why haven't you entered in the Strandberg contest? Winner gets a free strandberg
strandbergguitars.com/strandberg-uppsala-internationella-guitar-festival-competition-2016/?contest=contest-condition

two of these it'll look pretty bad actually

because liking bad prog metal

I'll post where I want hoe

>buying pickups based on appearance

>Yeah of course

i present my meme rig sir

How do those axe FX thingamajigs work? Do I need a computer to use them or can I just plug them into a cab?

stick to line 6 modeling amps

POST YR GUITAR
POST YR STRINGS
POST YR FAVORITE TUNING

no pics required.

>mfw pondering wither to become a guitarist or dj
how rare is the guitar qt π /gg/? how may of you have grillfriends? if there aren't gonna be girls I'm not gonna bother starting to play guitar

LUL, you can get girls doing anything as long as you're attractive. If you're an ugly fucker learning guitar won't help you

Post triggering images

>6th grade
>Talent show
>Used to chug power chords on a line 6 with a bc rich warlock

Kill me

tfw i got into guitar in highschool for the babes

tfw i actually ended up liking it for its own sake

tfw i look at guitar in completely different way, as well as many other instruments and appreciate them for their limitations and their advantages

tfw now that im good, girls flock to me, but most are too stupid for me to be attracted to them since they only look for "hot guitar guy" and have no respect for the art or even give a fuck about songs other than wonderwall-pop-tier garbage

did I get what I deserved all along?

>POST YR STRINGS
These came in the mail today, but im a poorfag whos used to only changing lighter guitar strings, so im waiting to cop a pair of wire cutters from my folks back home so I can put them in.

>Not elixir

into the trash

hmmm. I notice you didn't actually answer either of my questions. very suspicious

I met the dude that won that contest last year. The guitar got stolen a few nights later, and then when it popped up on eBay the site and the cops basically told him to go fuck himself. He got a free replacement though.

>tl'dr: guy wins guitar, it gets stolen, gets another guitar all for $0

How do you find the AxeFX?

Can you tell the difference between it and the amps it models?

>how may of you have grillfriends?
so no then? I don't need your whole fucking life story family

The poh hock guy? Or the Jew who won

A friend of mine has one of those. It's actually a really good feeling pick.

Poh Hock.

Custom gauges all the way, nigga

Damn that sucks

I remember when pic related was stolen from its owner, ended up on reverb, it pops up now and then

>45
>65
>85
>105
what kind of retarded mememachine only has four strings using this heavy a gauge

I chuckled.

No bites I see

What the actual fuck is that?

Is there a video of it being played?

It's a 15 string "bass", been on ebay for forever. There's no videos probably because the 5 lowest strings are inaudible.

???
I have no idea. I downloaded it from /gg/ because it was so fucking stupid

ibanez.com/products/u_eb_detail.php?year=2016&cat_id=2&series_id=55&data_id=84&color=CL01
A really cheap Ibanez bass apparently.

>basses with less than twelve strings

>tfw my interest in so-called meme guitars gets me instantly written off as a shoegazing faggot

This stigma will never go away, will it?

>4 string bass
*rolls eyes* I should have known

I have always thought that four strings seems like too few. If I played bass I would probably play a five-string, regardless of the insults it might attract.

They're really overrated. There's a reason no one outside of indie rock played them for damn near 50 years. That's why the stigma exists, for the price you could always get something that's objectively better.

But they have such a unique sound compared to a Strat.

>objectively better.
How so?

>look for guitar tabs/chords for a somewhat obscure song
>google provides dozens of different sites
>they all have just one version, all written by THE SAME FUCKING GUY
>chords and tabs are wrong as fuck
Fuck you, stevopar.

Shoegaze is a normie shitstain "safe" fashion statement right now. You deserve all the ridicule you get here, you're memestangs are the musical instrument equivalent of the hipster trucker hat in 2003.

Go play some progressive psychobilly on a hollowbody or some experimental electronic jazz on a Parker MidiFly if you really want to be left alone.

But I don't like or play shoegaze. I've never even listened to a shoegaze song. I like Jazzmasters because they're perfect for 60s Western music. I don't warrant being lumped in with the emo crowd.

Would jizz over that jazzmaster. Are those p90s???? what does the two additional switches do???

>Bridge buzzes and strings jump out of grooves if you play hard. Need to upgrade if you want it to be playable
>Tremolo makes strings go out of tune if you use it for more than extremely subtle movements
>1000k pots make pickups sound extremely trebly/ice picky when the volume is all the way up

I can see why guys in the early 80s would use them (super cheap US made vintage fenders). But now they're more expensive than strats/teles because of their indie rock meme status. There are worse guitars, but they do deserve the stigma they get.

>I don't warrant being lumped in with the emo crowd
Yes, you do. You play 60s Western music on a Jazzmaster, you retarded hipster asswipe.

>>Bridge buzzes and strings jump out of grooves if you play hard
Just get it set up, like any other guitar
>Tremolo makes strings go out of tune
Like any other guitar
>1000k pots make pickups sound extremely trebly/ice picky when the volume is all the way up
So?

Still waiting on your "objective" facts

Jazzmaster are nice but i can confirm jaguars are meme guitars.
Every guitar has an unique sound. The thing is strats are wildy used while jm and jags are not.
Maybe he is talking of playability/sustain shit because of the wierd bridge/saddle thing they have going.

Don't jizz just yet, that's only a mockup I made. The switches are (intended to be) a bass cut switch (from the Jaguar) and a phase switch (from the Mustang).

I'm a retarded hipster asswipe because I like Sergio Leone movies?

>I'm a retarded hipster asswipe because I like Sergio Leone movies?
My digits already answered this question.

>Maybe he is talking of playability/sustain shit because of the wierd bridge/saddle thing they have going
That's not objectively bad, is it? That's him being unable to play something he's not accustomed too. Sounds like poor musicianship to me.
>blame the tool, not the carpenter!

Also if your critique is that it's a "memeguitar" maybe you should go out in the real world and get off Cred Forums

Good job fag. Now im jelly
>mfw ill never make my own guitar just like i want it.

Lol, I didn't make any guitar, a mockup is just an image so I can visualize it.

>Just get it set up, like any other guitar

A setup won't fix the shallow grooves on a jazzmaster's saddles. Neither will it fix the rattling of all the small screws. You have to coat everything in blue loctite to get the standard bridge from rattling at every screw. That's just something you don't have to worry about on most guitars.

>Tremolo makes strings go out of tune
>Like any other guitar

Nah, the only other tremolo I can think of that's comparable in unreliability is a Bigsby, everything else can handle a good amount of string abuse. (and I don't mean dive bombs)

>So?

I guess that one is a matter of taste, for some reason you might want your guitar to have ear piercing treble. But the first two make the jazzmaster an objectively inferior and less reliable guitar.

again I'm not saying they're not usable (i've owned a bunch) just that they currently deserve their meme stigma for being inferior guitars that are overpriced due to indie meme status.

>A setup won't fix the shallow grooves on a jazzmaster's saddles. Neither will it fix the rattling of all the small screws
Yes it will. Have you never set up a guitar?
>(and I don't mean dive bombs)
Nice goalpost shifting
>I guess that one is a matter of taste
It's all a matter of taste you idiot.
>just that they currently deserve their meme
Opinion discarded

Ok my critic would be more like: Guitar liked more for the looks than the sound and because are used by the kewl kids that play indie and their kewl kids legends as Kurt Cobain (even when he use jaguar with Humbuckers cause the standard jaguar just doesn´t cut it). Seriously i´ve meet too many newbies buying them as their first guitar just because of that and then changing it because they realized they really didn´t like the sound or playability thing. I know they have some use as im trading squier tele ( i already have more teles) for a Jag VM tomorrow, but they are a fucking meme.

he has spoken and revealed the truth

ah ok, (i though mock up is like a model or something, i don`t speak english). Well, just do it nigga.

>Guitar liked more for the looks
But that's OK because guitars have an aesthetic. That's how they are build
>Seriously i´ve meet too many newbies buying them as their first guitar
I have not. Are you like 19 or something?
>but they are a fucking meme.
Like your criticism of this guitar?

has anyone experimented with playing in Robert Fripp's New Standard Tuning?

Is 24 too old to start learning guitar? Wanna do some American ragas in the style of Fahey someday.

Are bananas fine?

what kind of guitar would the Donald play /gg/

>Yes it will. Have you never set up a guitar?

Dozens of setup and no a setup wont' fix fucking shallow grooves in the saddles of a jazzmaster bridge. A setup usually includes straightening a neck, adjusting intonation and height of saddles and making sure the nut isn't binding. You would have to file permanent deep grooves for the strings not to jump (not part of a normal setup, nor something you have to do on any other guitar)

>goalpost shifting

nope, in my first post I said jazzmasters go out of tune with anything more than subtle movements, which is true. You couldn't treat a jazzmaster trem like a strat trem and expect the same level of tuning stability. It's just not as reliable.

>It's all a matter of taste you idiot.

No, hardware stability is not a matter of taste. But I understand you have to justify your meme guitar purchase (which is by all account objectively inferior) so I get where your frustration is coming from.

I get it bro, J Mascis, Nels Cline and Thurston Moore looked totally cool playing their Jazzmasters and you fell for the meme and now you're stuck with a guitar you secretly hate. Don't have to be so defensive.

They arent near as versatile as teles, strats, les pauls, es175/es335, jazzmasters, and a lot of other guitars, even when having too many fucking switches + all the other problems mentioned and that´s it. People use them just to be different from the rest. No point in asking for criticism of a guitar and then saying like fag "its al subjective dude", the number of players using all other guitars more than the jags says it all.

It's never too late to start, but it's always too late to achieve your dreams. Just pick up a guitar and have fun with it.

I just think Bob Wootton sounded amazing on "At San Quentin" and he used a Jazzmaster for that album.

>it's always too late to achieve your dreams
I don't exactly know what that means, but sure! Thanks, user

>Dozens of setup and no a setup wont' fix fucking shallow grooves in the saddles of a jazzmaster bridge
Wow you are not very good at setups. I hope you don't do this professionally
>jazzmasters go out of tune with anything more than subtle movements, which is true.
That's fine, just don't use em.
>No, hardware stability is not a matter of taste
The hardware is fine. You just don't like it. That is taste. Do you not know what taste is?
>But I understand you have to justify your meme guitar purchase
Mine? No I play a Rickenbacker.

How about you?
>They arent near as versatile as teles, strats, les pauls, es175/es335, jazzmasters
That's fine.
>even when having too many fucking switches
Oh no! Too many switches! Must be too confusing for you!
>People use them just to be different from the rest
Or maybe, they sound fine, which is why artists like J Mascis, Nels Cline and Thurston Moore use them? What is more likely?

>he used a Jazzmaster for that album
>going on /gg/ and telling outright lies
>thinking /gg/ won't know
you know these threads are full of guitar experts don't even try this bullshit here

>I play a memenbacker.
tok pek oh wow there it is

Jesus Christ all of you faggots shut the fuck up.

Jazzmasters have a great sound but it's not a sound that defined many genres of music. When used within reason the trem has a very lovely shimmering sound but they can be finicky to maintain and keep in tune.

Every guitar has a place and a purpose. What matters is that we play them.

End of fucking story.

>but they can be finicky to maintain and keep in tune.
the cracks in your meme arguments are starting to show user

>Wow you are not very good at setups. I hope you don't do this professionally

I did at one point. Modding bridges is not part of a regular setup and most tech's will charge extra for that, or they won't do it because customers will complain that their bridge is destroyed. There are work-arounds to the jazzmaster's inconsistencies, but it's still an inherently inferior guitar because you don't need to do this on other guitars.

>which is why artists like J Mascis, Nels Cline and Thurston Moore use them? What is more likely?

brotip: all of them upgraded their bridges

This is my first time jumping into this swimming pool of piss.

>There are work-arounds to the jazzmaster's inconsistencies, but it's still an inherently inferior guitar because you don't need to do this on other guitars.
Not if it sounds good to you
>brotip: all of them upgraded their bridges
That's fine.

So is a Jazzmaster with an upgraded bridge still an inherently inferior instrument?

>digits
Did you enjoy yourself at least?

yeah it is fine. I have a 62 jaguar with a mastery bridge that I actually kind of like when I want an intentionally obnoxious sound. It's a shit guitar but I keep it around.

The tremolo still sucks but if you don't use it much it doesn't really matter.

>intentionally obnoxious sound
Like everything you've said in this thread?

>not just buying a 67 SG

>digits confirm
this nigga gets it

yes like this . Really shitty sound

youtube.com/watch?v=cAmWkWZiZ50

lol more like sonic POOP amirite?

inb4 ukelele

>aluminum
First of all, *aluminium, and secondly nickel plated iron is where it's at.

finally a real fucking guitar in the OP picture

some cheesy Russian fender.

masturbate with benzocaine

>If I don't like it, it's a meme!
I'm sure your bandmates love you

Nigga you mad as hell, take a chill pill man. It's a fucking guitar

>wrongfully attacked/raided by the Obama justice department for donating to conservative campaigns (justice department later admitted the was no wrong doing by Gibson)
>hires Americans citizens to build their guitars unlike Fender
>releases tribute guitars depicting true American heroes like Chris Kyle the most deadly sniper in recorded history
I think I figured out why the libcuck nü-males in /gg/ are always shitting on based Gibson guitars.

They do. Rejecting generic sounds/trends is one of the things they probably appreciate most.

>blame the tool, not the carpenter!

Opinions on PRS Acoustic-electric guitars? Wanting to get an Acoustic-electric and love my prs so I was wondering if their acoustics are good. (Pic kinda related, Gilmour is God)

You mean their archtops? They're pretty awesome dude, expensive though.

Sorry I'm drunk and didn't even realize PRS made acoustics now...

Still their archtops are really cool if you want an acoustic-electric that leans more towards the electric side.

this was a serious question /gg/ pls reply

Still no word from my luthier. Fuck this shit I'll call him today and just take my bass back if he hasn't started on it yet. How hard is it to drill 2 holes and do some wiring work?

Oh fuck off, it's guitar related and I need to vent.

>dat Super V

rare as shit

Which morgan is that? My roommate had the old 6V6/12", don't recall the model. Sounded amazing.

>>if there aren't gonna be girls I'm not gonna bother

Don't bother then, Guitar is basically Dungeons and Dragons tier now. Just be a DJ

Are there guitar/bass speakers with cones made out of other materials? I had to take apart my studio headphones and the membrane was made out of sticky rubbery stuff, not a paper cone. I know Hartke makes aluminum speakers. Anyone else?

ok good to know thanks

aluminum > aluminium

>hipster asswipe

why is he so mad?

>Do I need a computer to use them or can I just plug them into a cab?
Not him but you don't need a computer per se, but the AxeEdit software is a lot more intuitive to use than the unit itself.

You can't plug it directly into a cabinet though, it has no power amp. It needs to be run into a power amp, the effects return of an amplifier, or a PA.

>Can you tell the difference between it and the amps it models?
Again not him but I've had one for about two and a half years now. It's one of the best pieces of gear I've ever purchased. By itself you can tell if you know what to listen for, but once it's in a mix it gets pretty tough for most people to tell.

The big difference is in how it feels to play. It doesn't have anywhere near as much sag as a tube amplifier and has a bizarrely immediate feel to it. It's very akin to playing something like a Marshall 8100.

It has the added benefit of being able to be used for other instruments and as outboard gear as well. I use mine as a buss compressor and to process synthesizers for instance.

is it autism /gg/

yes, very cool.

Very much so.

>customers will complain that their bridge is destroyed
Offset guitars can be difficult to set up. I like to shim the neck and raise the bridge to increase the break angle over the bridge. There's more tension on the bridge/saddles and everything is much more stable as a result. Some people don't like the way the bridge rocks with the tremolo, so I'll make a sleeve/spacer from a bit of dowel. It's not rocket surgery.

brotip: I don't charge any more for this than a regular set up.

kys

>ctrl-f G&L
>no results found

Another fucking pleb thread.

gg, i'll be the patrician over here with my fucking perfect guitar.

no. you kys instead

>uggo fender knockoff
>perfect guitar
lol

What's the best classical guitar I can get for under $500? I'm browsing GC and there are a lot that seem to have a non-standard neck style and cater to non-classical players, but I want a traditional one for learning trve technique

Any retarded guitar players in here?

I wanna kick your ass!

no i'm a genius guitar player

Burnt Cherry Jackson SL-1

It's a fun guitar, I like it

Don't have a picture of my amp, but it's a Blackstar HT-40

I'm attempting to rehouse a damaged rockerverb 50, what are some ways I can block out white noise/humming building my enclosure?

coat in everything in copper foil.

Where do I get one of this?
I'm gonna play in an anime convention.

Anyone here using Cred Forums-picks?

it's just a sticker. a better way to do it would be to get a clear see through pickguard and cut out your pic and put it under there

>I'm gonna play in an anime convention.

Is this you?

Forgot link:
youtube.com/watch?v=eodPfAPMVgA

No.

i'd fuck the singer, but I wouldn't be proud of it

I love star picks but I've always felt like they were a meme

Does anyone make an alluminum guitar anymore?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xrPPF6gzMJ0

what effects were used on this I'm still new to the effects and pedals side of things

Spring reverb though I've only listened up to 4mins.

Heli Arc Guitars cranks out some different aluminum guitars based on a wood-cone resonator design. Their NAMM videos make it sound like absolute shit because their demonstrator couldn't take a second to tune or adjust his tone. So here's some weird fuck jazzin' it out
youtube.com/watch?v=wAWUottqQmk

have you guys ever noticed
>guitar
>six letters, six strings
>bass
>four letters, four strings
maybe it was supposed to stay that way?

I like using open tunings on my classicals, but i hate how the tension differs greatly when I go down to lower tunings. Should get higher tension strings to compensate on one of them? I usually tune down to open d and open c, if that helps. My main concern is fucking up the neck for obvious reasons.

>garbage
>seven letters
>trash
>five strings
I'll leave the rest to you :^)

>shitty
>six letters
>crap
>four letters
O shit

Ausbro? There are only three anons I recall having the Axe FX II.
Prefer the Bodens myself fampai but they are all nice.
Almost went for your setup but fell hard for the signature gear meme, zero complaints but still would love to own a Fractal down the line.

Nigger keeps postin my rig

ty my man

how do i into fretless bass

Real talk: Is there anything that can fuck with a double bound black Tele?

>inb4"memeguitar"

>Nigger keeps postin my meme rig
ftfy

get yourself a bound neck and you're set

Bound necks belong on offsets, not Teles.

>tfw you realize how many great players are truly out there

Man, I remember ten years ago, I saw great guitar players on stage and was like "I can do that." Ten years later I do decently for myself playing guitar on stage regularly, and I am constantly humbled by how many great musicians I see that no one has ever heard of, and just how great some of the greats really were. It's funny how familiarity shrinks your ego like that. I met Tommy Emmanuel once, who I rate in my top 5 favorites, and he acted like he thought he was a barely passable Merle Travis imitator but at least he could make a living at it. And then some of those jazz cats, forget about it.

Who else here on that performing grind?

How about Tele's with double pin-striping?

>Who else here on that performing grind?
Is this some euphemism for your relationshit with your wife's son?

h-how did you know? was it the blogpost?

I know what you mean. But I also try to avoid being overly comparative or competitive about it. I know some fantastic musicians, and instead of making it me vs. them, I try and find opportunities to collaborate or learn from them in some way. I've gotten a lot out of that musically, and also gotten a better perspective on my own strengths.

I kind of want this to troll the audience with stage light reflections.

I'd just like pick one or two guys to nonchalantly flash with it the entire show. I'd probably lose my shit and crack a smile and get my ass kicked or something.

>looks down at the reflective polished aluminum fretboard
>is blinded by a lazer and a strobe light
memelectrical guitar company strikes again

I have that same strap :)

youtube.com/watch?v=6TcDP8T5VZc

this black bro is so funny

How would you make yours if you decided to make one and what would be some neat features?

I am currently making an electric from an old accoustic. If it turns I good then I might make a tutorial

What was Surf Rock (60s)
> What was Punk (Television 70s)
> What was Brit Wave (Smiths 80s)
> What was Grunge (90s)
> What was alternative (00s)

They've been utilized but still have always been the "unique" guitar for the odd genre of the time.

I've always associated Gibson with 1970s-1980s Americana when we were living on top of the world, with flashy cars, building skyscrapers, and eating our hearts out but I've always preferred 1950s USA with the nuclear family, a nice sleek coupe and a house in the suburbs so I prefer the feeling of nostalgia I'll never have with a Fender guitar. There's just something about coming home from work, eating a dinner my wife prepared and sitting in my living room strumming away on a Strat plugged into a tweed amp while my children played on the floor seems like the greatest feeling ever.

A bound Tele with color

What's the consensus on the Dan Armstrong basses? I'm torn between that or a Rick. I've been playing a Squier bronco for 6 years and I have enough cash to burn. I'm also thinking about a nice tube amp head but I'll need to look into it more since my Acoustic 300w Head and cab are alright for now. Also what's the scale length on a Dan Armstrong bass?

>Ausbro? There are only three anons I recall having the Axe FX II.
Roger.

Just noticed you got the JP-2C, awesome! How is it? How's it compare to a IIC+ and III? More importantly is it not disappointing like the V?

What do you guys think of the Epiphone Les Paul Special II?

i had one. it's probably the best guitar you can get for the price.
no sharp frets, nice and smooth neck, great tuning stability. it sounds pretty good too. the bottom humbucker makes a great bluesy wail and the top HB is nice and thick.
my only compaint is that is heavy as FUCK, but that's to expect from LP guitars.

I'm not good enough.

Thanks for the reply, I have been planning on getting a guitar for a while and I saw that guitar listed on a website for a price withing my range and have been thinking about getting it so its good to know what I am getting a basic idea of what I am in for.

Hockey sticks ftw

what would be the best way to fingerpick this song?
www.chrish.ndo.co.uk/introduc.htm
i've tried to use the thumb on the 6th 5th and 4th, index on the 3rd, middle on the 2nd and ring on the 1st but it just doesnt work. The only way I can do it is by just using my index finger resting against my thumb.

This guy is good guitars.

>Why even bother with a Strandberg?
the boden have some fanned options now
I just wish there was some longer fanned frets, like 30-26.5" instead of 28-25.5 on both the RGIF8 and the new Jackson fanned fret

The thumb of my fretting hand is bent backward to almost 90 degrees while playing (for example while grabbing a chord).
I knew I had flexible thumbs, but when I play a lot my thumb starts hurting (the knuckle that is bent backward is hurting)

Does anyone else have this?/Did anyone else have this?
Is your thumb straight while touching the neck and you're grabbing a chord?

you're forcing too much on your left hand, I have the same kind of thumbs and they don't bend backwards when grabbing a chord, they only bend at the bottom of the neck when my palm's over the heel

just rechecked now, it does bend a little when doing extreme intervals that go over the octave

Play a few, but don't believe the hype behind them. I know guys that work there and I've been to the factory a few times myself. They're not works of art made meticulously, they're maybe slightly better than your average production guitar. Still wildly overpriced.

Thanks, I'll probably have to work on my technique

> How is it?
I just got it last Sunday and haven't been able to play with it enough, but it's really really good. Even the cleans which I expected to be not so great ended up impressing me.
It's compact, heavy and well thought.
>How's it compare to a IIC+ and III?
I'll defer this comparison to the guys that owned one (The Boogie Board has very good reviews): it has balls, it's more convenient since you have 3 separate channel eqs and two geqs. It's better for live for sure.
It seems to have enough gain to do all you could ever need.
Tone wise it's not a significant difference to a lot compared to IIC+s. A couple of guys with real IICs prefer using the JP-2C for the convenience and similarity.
Feels really close to a IIC+, the sag is there.
>More importantly is it not disappointing like the V?
No, it hasn't been a disappointment to me, my V is on sale now. It doesn't has as many options or sounds as the V but it's versatile and it does crunch and lead much better in my opinion.
Still need to test it at good volume, so far it has been really low or headphones late night.

Theoretically, could I get a Harmony h74 for less than 219.5 bucks?

Theoretically yes if someone's dumb enough to sell below that price. Realistically, it won't happen.

Aren't pointy brass knuckles considered a bit unsporting?
It's dirty play.

>Theoretically yes if someone's dumb enough to sell below that price.
hey you never know, I missed out on a MiJ Ibanez prestige 7 string that was 600€ and someone who sold a Mesa 50 caliber+ for 200€

Yeah but when you get to prices that are 500$+ below the reference price, you're in scam territory. An user got tricked into buying a fake switchmaster a while ago.

Hip-hop bass tips please, my friends want to play hip hop style for a song, I don't know where to start./.?

Also this OP link fails.
Hal Leonard's Bass Method:
mediafire.com/folder/sayviwqxfcxfjon

Oh well...
So, does anyone make passable and affordable reproductions of Meteors?

>hip hop bass line

play something for 2 measures then put it on a loop for the entire song

>500$+ below the reference price
depends on what you're buying, 500$ less on a $3k instrument is reasonable.
I think that user didn't buy but trade his tele for it iirc.

>hip hop style
Just play a basic funk bassline, but slower, most early hip-hop/rap instrumentals are just creative samples.

Is this hip hop?

youtu.be/CYHSTFXCeLQ

I don't usually listen to this kind of music but I like this song. Bass line sounds pretty simple.

>play a basic funk bassline
can you recommend any? I'm more like a rock player.

christ dude are you so boring and mundane you can't look up "funk" and mimic what you hear ? and you aspire to be a musician like that, asking around everyone to feed you like a bloody baby ?

Why do you have to be so cruel, maybe hes new?

Life is cruel

That's not an excuse, certainely even less in an era where the information is right here, at the end of your fingertips.

Rapper's delight by the Sugarhill Gang is a classic

yes.

>it's a top guitar lists with Hendrix as #1

Hendrix is not a guitar you silly anime girl.

>top guitar list
>Takayoshi Ohmura not present on it

>But they have such a unique sound compared to a Strat.
Not really, my jag sounds almost identical to my strat.

The only thing truly different in terms of sound about the jag is the strangle switch, which makes it sound glassy.

Is there such thing as meme amplifiers?

This
Buddy of mine has one and it is the sex

Jesus christ

How the fuck does this sound???

This thing must have incredible sustain.

The blues jr is a meme amp

Pretty much.
-buzz box of an amp
-3" speaker
-memed vu meter complete with LED
-aux in for extra meme

Are the pignoses meme amps??? and the champ 600????

>been practising one song for so long I've pretty much forgotten everything else I've ever learned on guitar
>still can't even play the fucking song properly
'hurrrr if you just try hard enough you can do it!'

no you fucking can't. I've got nothing to show for months of work.

Speaking of sustain, has anyone on /gg/ ever used a guitar with a Fernandes Sustainer?

What song?

stupid fucking song of the ancients from nier

yeah i know it's a baby tier song but i'm a beginner

look for a harmony rocket instead.

imo the champ 600s are too loud. Why get that little low wattage amp and then still be annoyingly loud?

Pignose is a cool buzz box though. Zappa rep. I like some Gorilla amps too. They get one of the nastiest cut in-cut out fuzz fronted sounds I've tried.

Not as nice as black.

I've been playing the electric guitar for two years (shit guitar, Squier Strat) and wanted to get a new one, probably a Gibson or Epiphone Les Paul.
Is it true that I can get a great sound and save money if I buy an Epiphone LP and replace the pickups with Gibson LP pickups?

yes
but then theres the quality of the guitar's build which is obviously going to be bad if you go for a really cheap guitar

New amp

You have to look at if you're really saving. You're throwing an extra 70-ish dollars per pickup plus install.

Some used Gibsons can get in the affordable area. It then becomes nitpicking whether one plays or looks better or has better hardware.

Some epiphones come with decent pickups. Most come with bottom tier crap pickups like your squier.

I have an old fender strat that I don't plan on taking with me when I move. I want to sell it.

How do I find out what make/series it is, let alone how much it's worth?

google and ebay

I tried and no results for the serial number. I'm emailing fender support instead

No can do.
I'm in love.

the site shows you what fingers to use. see below the tab, it says "t timrimrimrmit"

t = thumb
i=index finger
m=middle finger
r=ring ringer

So, how does it sound like with bass ?
Also why would you want reverb on a keyboard amp ? Or even a bass amp

>what do you call a Guitarist without a Girlfriend?
>Homeless
boom tish

How skilled do I have to be to take solo jazz chord melody type gigs at fancy places and hipster coffee shops?

You have to build a nice serious repertoire for professional gigs. Weddings, restaurants, etc. Some coffee shops aren't as serious but don't treat a paid gig like an open mic night.

>girls flock to me
cool story bro

Well, it's meant to be an all purpose sort of amp. I think every channel having reverb is a bit silly but it'd be useful for drums and vox. As far as the sound, I haven't had a chance to try it out with bass yet but the sound on guitar and keys is amazing. More low end than you could ever use and well balanced. Super hi-fi and the reverb sounds nice, though I doubt I'll use it much anyway. The high frequency horn does its job nicely and doesn't have any unpleasant character to it.

The amp is fucking loud. Shakes the whole house easy. The volume knobs work great though, very even pan.

I'm not crazy about the EQ for guitar, but that's to be expected. The low and high EQ are really fucking low and really fucking high. So I'll probably mostly use outboard EQ.

Basically, the thing is just a monster PA. Full range as hell. Nothing "relaxed" about any of it. I don't think I'll ever need another amp.

So, uh, take this with a grain of salt because this is very obviously a "just bought it and glowing" post. I'll try to update you guys with problems or whatever down the road. For now I'm happy as it can clearly handle drums, bass, guitar, keys, and vox.

Such a spanky clean amp almost makes me want to not run a modeler at all and just enjoy the extra life in my neck pickup. I love HiFi guitar, though just for playing rather than listening. Really a lot like playing acoustic.

Depends on what you mean by "skilled." You'd at least want a couple hours worth of material. Bare minimum, you could buy a book of simple arrangements and just read out of that, and the "skill" comes down to how well you can play them. It's not very interesting or as enjoyable as making your own arrangements, but it'll at least get you started.

>tfw no drums general

we've tried that several times before and it gets like 4 posters

You guys don't even play notes fuck off

>imblying

post pictures, we'll ID

what was the best deal you guys ever made?

When I sold my soul for blues fame

my beauiful all solid wood Washburn acoustic for $100

nice how did you find that?

offerup, it's like a new craigslist but the things on there tend to be both nicer and cheaper. He had it listed for $200. The guy had it sitting in a corner strung with electric strings :(

butwhytho
I like chinese cartoons as much as the next guy, but I keep my power level under wraps

Because Japan operates on an entirely different level.

>tfw you like the VI

They're p cool. And it's also ampeg which is double cool :-)

H-how does he reach the hi-hat?

youtu.be/4DVguBGbtgM

>POST YR GUITAR
An 80's MIJ HSS Strat with a licensed Floyd. Not a fan of the Floyd, but I got a decent deal on the guitar.
>POST YR STRINGS
NYXL 11's
>POST YR FAVOURITE TUNING
E standard b/c I'm not an indie hipster

If you want to learn a skill to impress chicks, go to /ck/ instead. Really, you can make connections with people over any shared interest, so do whatever you want. In the mean time:

youtube.com/watch?v=F5QCs3PnQBc

As a beginner, is it normal to have pain in pic related area? I know wrist pain is bad so i'm doing my best to avoid bending my wrist too much

Did this general recover? Or should I come back later? Maybe never?

>POST YR GUITAR
MIA Dakota red Tele copy w/ Fender hardware/pickups
>POST YR STRINGS
Elixer 10s
>TUNING
E standard

You can get some pretty cheap Gibson SGs in the 400-500 range, if you're into that.

playing guitar in a good band gets you laid, not playing shitty acoustic songs around the campus quad and annoying people at parties. Open mics will just make you look gay.

You should be able to relearn the things you've forgotten, and it will be easier than the first time.

Are these chords correct? The C/B sounds off.

tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/t/the_microphones/my_warm_blood_crd.htm

What's the Altoid's tin for?

They emailed me back already. It's a classic series 70s Strat from 2003, black with maple fret board. Should be worth a few hundred £!

picks

why would it be easier you little rodent

also look at you and your brass balls, thinking you can just reply to me out the blue like that. You'd better come up with something good

>B7sus4
I usually just call that chord G. Am I wrong?

And isn't that first chord an Em7?

It's like relearning a language you haven't spoken in a few years. You're gonna start remembering things as you relearn, thus making it easier the second time around.nThere's seriously no way you've forgotten 100% of what you've ever learned besides that one song.

>also look at you and your brass balls, thinking you can just reply to me out the blue like that. You'd better come up with something good

calm down m8, it's only an anonymous chinese image board

I think the actor is just talking out of his ass so that he sounds more knowledgeable to people who don't know much about music.

Yeah I realized that just now. I let my autism override my more sensible reasoning.

youtu.be/EyCrmk9c3H8

*smacks you to the floor*

talk to me again cunt let's see what happens

i've seen this video once and it made me angry so i'm going to watch it againt, thanks cunt

youtu.be/t1RsfckCy4U

yup it works every time now i want to punch her

say that to my face not online see what hapens ill reck you dont even test me im jacked

s-sorry

i just wanted to seem tough because my guitar skills are lacking i didnt want people to laugh at me

It's okay, user. Don't let it happen again.

*raises paw*

Um.

Does anyone want to talk about guitars?

Ye.
But you should still check if you are holding things wrong.

i remember having pains in my wrist as well when i started out, it's probably not unusual for it to occur but take it easy for a little bit before playing again. it might come back again later but after a while it'll stop. havent had any pain like that in that area since i was a beginner ~8 years ago or so.

No.

same

that's a jaguar right? how does it play, i'm stuck between buying a mustang or a jaguar because i like them both

>that's a jaguar right?

fuck you, i can't see for shit

It's a Jazzmaster. Go with Jaguar/Mustang if you want smaller scale and brighter, more standard single coils. Jazzmaster sounds weird, not for everyone.

thanks

how would I check that? play in front of a mirror?
i'm just not entirely sure how my body should be positioned

>>I can't see for shit
>can't distinguish huge-ass Jazzmaster pups from standard singlecoils
You must have spme real sight problems breh

>2016
>buying a guitar called a JAZZmaster for playing shoe gays

can you play gay shoes if you're not wearing crocs with socks ?

Enjoy my tele but still really want a Mustang

(checked)

my friend totally fetishizes about telecasters, what's so good about them

why anger? was she lie or something?

They look old and your friend thinks he can be cool if he takes something old that people have forgotten about and makes it cool again by playing modern music on it and then he'll seem quirky and trend-setting.

kek

I dunno it kind of depends on what your playing. There's definitely some stuff it doesn't work for tonally. Mostly I enjoy the shape and weight of it. I hate the way strats feel. jazzmasters and jags are a bit thinner.

Who /autism/ here?

Me. You guys ever read about Pat Martino's practice of playing every kind of chord using every possible string set ala the iching 64 hexagrams?

Each hexagram depicts a string set on which to voice your chords.

You know it!

Pick hand should have plenty of reference online.

Fret hand should be in a shape that is sort of like grasping a phantom hamburger. Top of the thumb and top of the fingers on same level.
Then slip the neck in the place of the phantom hamburger. Your finger tips should reach the fat e. That should be the right grip. The grip of the phantom burger.

how much could i pay for a squier affinity then sell it online for a profit?

thats not going to work at all

idk, i can get one with the amp and a bag for 75 bucks, maybe pass it on to some sucker for a 100

That's great user you'll be rich in no time.

hmm.

being a poorfag is hard y'know, shit like this helps me pay rent and shit

"oh hey I can make money off this if I wait for the right opportunity"
and then user's house became a hoarder's dream.

do we have to have an anime op in the next thread?

I have a cab simulator on my amp,and I am gonna use a MIDI-usb cable to connect it to my PC.Should I choose mic output or line output?