Why do musicians have to be attractive too? Isn't the musical talent enough? the rest of us get nothing...

why do musicians have to be attractive too? Isn't the musical talent enough? the rest of us get nothing, fuck you too God

i seriously fucking hate musicians though

they don't. Who said they did? There's plenty of unattractive musicians

musicians don't have to be attractive

brand representatives have to be attractive

don't tell me you want to be a pop star, user

Seriously no good musician is not somewhat attractive

Name one hideous musician that is also GOOD

Steve Howe

sometimes I don't find a musician attractive until after having heard their music and enjoying it, like Joanna Newsom. I'm still not getting on the Grimes train, though.

Elliott Smith had a beautiful soul and is the best songwriter of the past thirty years but was not exactly the most attractive of people, but he had his ups and downs. Would still bang.

i'm not saying they have to, just a lot of 'em are, it's not something you can control, you're just born with it

Not hideous, but I think most would agree he wasn't the best looking guy.

attractive people are marketable

it's not like his ugly or anything, easily a 6/10

Did you ignore our posts?

Ed Sheeran is good, sure buddy

George Harrison was pretty ugly desu senpai

can't forget the blue hair

Roger Waters, Devin Townshend

nick cave

he was alright for 70's hippie standards

yeah, that's true of a lot of things

nope

Varg has superior pure aryan nordic genetics, unlike you who are probably some sort of ethic mongrel. :^)

Mikael Akerfeldt is hideous but he's a bretty good singer. Buckethead is also hideous

any woman in the 70's would consider this fairly attractive

?? he looks like a serial killer/book snape

actually he looks pretty good

buckethead looks alright

not exactly hideous but not good looking either
though to be fair he was kinda cute at one point

I think your issue is that ugly people are a minority. Musicians who become successful have the self control and money to make sure they aren't fat fucks who dress badly. People who do do that are people who made themselves ugly because of their lack of self awareness. The majority of people are average looking honestly. Think about it, how often do you see a genuinely fuck ugly person while you're walking down the street? Someone who's genes made them ugly, not their decisions? That's my reasoning.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

Sorry to sperg out like that but I've never seen anyone but me say that naturally ugly people are a definite minority

ugly people are not a minority, what are you talking about? plus 90% of your attractiveness comes from your genes.

>inb4 he's not a good musician

Name one patrician fat artist that isn't an old folk singer that used to be skinny or a rapper

Charles Mingus

D. Boon
Black Francis

there

/thread

I'm sorry you got meme'd user, Radiohead was never good

Gene isn't fat

b-b-but

you guys are not listening, the musician has to be talented

THIS NIGGA UGLY

well varg is also a murderer, so I guess it evens out

Talentless and looks like Sesame Street puppet

True mystery to why he is so successful

Adele sure as hell isn't attractive

The majority of music artists aren't attractive, the majority of them are just average looking.

Jeff Mangum has a face that says he actually wants to fuck anne frank

>He was born with one extra hormone.

kek

what song was this

wasnt it a skit

Robert Fripp looks classy now that he's old, but when he was young he looked like the guy from Big Bazoonga Theory
John Cale was ugly even when young and stylin
Rick Wakeman, same
Geddy Lee
The guys from Blind Guardian have pretty bad hair for a genre that's 30% music and 70% silky hair flowing in the air
There's that kickass opera singer that was born deformed because his mother took thalidomide when pregnant

Those are all I remember right now, but I'm pretty sure there's more.

Shit, forgot the quote

>ugly people are a minority
nigga like 99% of the population is ugly as fuck

You know we're genetically supposed to find eachother attractive on average. How would that work if everyone was ugly? Do you think because everyone doesn't look like cherry picked hollywood actors that everyone is ugly?

This is completely untrue and makes no sense. We're genetically designed to fuck people we find attractive. Ho would that create a population where the majority is ugly?

He just looks like david foster wallace

>this is how ugly people actually think

t. uggo

ugly people find other ugly people attractive

you probably think rihanna and emma watson are good looking lmao

fuck off, he literally killed Euronymous, it's an objective fact

This is literally the least worst photo of him.

Varg is beautiful though, shame about the hair loss.

Van Vliet (Captain Beefheart)
Jimi Hendrix
Steve Tyler
Roger Waters
Kanye West/Jay Z
Thom Yorke
Jeff Mangum
Members of bands like Faust, Pere Ubu, Minutemen, Public Image Ltd., Slint, etc.

Not everyone's fucking Jim Morrison or Lou Reed or David Bowie. Even more so for guys like Gene Simmons and Lemmy Kilmister who got more girls than any guy will ever get yet were ugly as piss.

>David Bowie
Honestly, David Bowie was not attractive. He face always seemed off. I never understood why people always said he was cute.

self defence is not murder you fucking cuck

Charisma

>listen to blink-182 once

I find it ironic that in the 70s Roger Waters was ugly and David Gilmour was was handsome

yet Waters aged a lot better and Gilmour, not so much

Did you know that there are ugly artists who are also untalented as well?

shit taste in men both of you

desu my favorites are ugly like bowie or odb

a lot of a musician's attractiveness comes from their persona, style, and playing ability rather than their looks

keith richards, for example, isn't physically attractive, but he had so much swag that hot broads were all over him

jerry garcia was always kinda chubby throughout his career

aretha franklin was fat

/thread

>bowie
>ugly
are you fucking blind mate

has anyone been able to id that shirt yet

Well alot of musicians are attractive because they are personable and bring attention to themselves.

Young Thug

I personally find him quite cute, t b h.

why you using a Grimes pic for your post doe

Pixies are pretty ugly

Don't know, a lot of folk and jazz musicians are on the unattractive side. Tony Rice basically co-founded a whole style of guitar playing, and look at him.

So so homely. But god I wish he stuck around

Genysis P-Orridge is literally the ugliest person I've seen.

forgot pic (related)

S/he used to be pretty hot

Don't be too experimental kids

Because physical attractiveness and talent go hand in hand

Many women find him attractive

>Roger Waters
>not attractive

>Devin Townshend
>good

I thought this was Lars Ulrich in drag for a second

Now these are actually ugly, but they're also shit

Many women find his bank account attractive.

None of those are ugly except Steven Tyler

Zappa

idk man

>grimes
>makes the best music of this decade knowing almost nothing about music theory, aka pure talent
>features on multiple fashion magazines
>untalented???
>ugly???
Get your facts straight, dude. Stop your Grimes hating for a moment and think objectively.

he looks really good for a 38 year old man

>Hendrix
>not attractive
I'm straight but I wouldn't kick him out of my bed.

l2 facial aesthetics

by any and all western beauty standards (barring his ugly britbong teeth) he was objectively beautiful

looks like leafy

Jackson C. Frank
Peter Christopherson
Except Malkmus, all the Pavement guys looked like fucking nerds
Ben Wallers (Country Teasers)
Mira Calix (sorry sean)
Heino
Grimes :^)

This.
It's like when you start to fall in love with a very average looking girl because she has good musical tastes and you have awesome discussions and laughs with her.

Roger Waters is a horse faced mother fucker.

He looks better there than he looks now, with all the makeup he puts on for Woven Hand. Looks like fucking Taylor Swift in some pictures

but then again, he isn't really a talented musician

>Grimes
>hideous
pick only one

Hideous.

OK. So you're left with hideous. You refused great music, your loss...

Kevin Shields

Hideous girls make the best music.

You took that out of your ass? Bjork, Grimes, Kate Bush, St. Vincent, Miki Berenyi, Emma Anderson, Alison Goldfrapp, Bilinda Butcher, Rachel Goswell, Lisa Germano, Stevie Nicks, Joni Mitchell, Debbie Harry, Shirley Manson, they're all beautiful (or at very least not ugly).

>inb4 contrarian opinion

All worthless whore pop music. Real talent is ugly.

Attractive isn't a word with a set value outside of physics. You attraction to another human is set in your genetics and a further, culturally conditioned attraction to certain standards of beauty you are thought to appreciate also plays a role in that. But there's no such thing as a universally attractive person.

You just have low self-esteem.
Also, successful people who make money can generally afford to dress well which masks how unfashionable they are or how far they are from representing the current standards of beauty, which is probably what you're confused about.
Typically if you're creative enough to make worthwhile music you're also creative enough to dress well or have friends who ar einvolved in fashion/textiles.

:^)

>Real talent is ugly.
Stop being so hateful because you're actually ugly.

Nice projection, pop fan.

talent has nothing to do with being ugly or beautiful though.

>Joni Mitchell
>worthless whore pop music

What is real talent, I wanna know

Ugly people concentrate on their skills more.

Whatever you pop masturbators buy into.

>Real talent is ugly.
>Ugly people concentrate on their skills more.
so we're talking about talent or skill?

I'm not talking about us, I'm talking to you.
What do you consider real talent ?
I want to discover some new stuff.

Different user here.
Talent is a buzzword. Musically, anyone can learn to play well. Anyone can learn to develop and communicate a concept. Different people are better and and worse at this.
If you're interested in creativity and analysis then you either already know or you'll figure it out. If you're a pretentious hack then you'll never figure it out, but you'll throw around words like 'art' and 'talent' without any cause and talk up acts that don't deserve it.
If you just want to listen to what you like to listen to then just keep doing that, but make sure to discuss it using the right terms and within the context with which you understand it.

Your waifu is ugly, get over it loser

>envious ugly piece of shit
Admit it user, you're ugly as the sin.