Greatest guitar player of all time?

Greatest guitar player of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NtljYur4_T8
youtu.be/NtljYur4_T8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Greatest can be determined by different measures, technical proficiency and innovation/impact on music.

Jimi Hendrix wins the latter, he fundamentally changed rock and music in general. The best technical guitarists are probably Guthrie Govan and Derek Trucks.

C L A P T O N I S G O D

John Fahey

>he doesn't appreciate the huge versatility in electric guitars

pleb

Btw I'm not arguing that acoustic isn't great it is, but different guitars for different music, styles and different performances.

Ironically, not being able to find your tone on electric makes you a huge pleb amateur

That was directed towards that post

Any answer other than Robert Fripp is unacceptable.

who here hype for black gold? should be released before 2020

Basho is better

I have yet to see anyone else be able to play so proficiently with their teeth so yes

It makes me so happy that music from that time period is still being released, like the BBC recordings. But better in the case of Black Gold

Hendrix might choose pic related

What about the man that taught Fripp?

These threads always suck. Never any conversation, just "x is better than y because you're a faggot". Obligatory Gilmour post.

I was hoping for actual discussion of technique and playing style, but that's wishful thinking

I've been playing for a long time and I'm good, but I don't know these guitarists well so I can't really comment. I made the first one but no one responded.

The best guitarists don't play rock, they play jazz

Shitty wanky jazz

Pat Metheny

There's so much to discuss but I really should be studying instead of posting lol. I'm procrastinating like a motherfucker. As far as Gilmour, I find nobody can phrase or bend like this man. When I saw him earlier in April, his playing was perfect. Every note has so much emphasis and vibrato.

>Pic is comfortably numb solo

>tfw Hendrix never lived long enough to make serious jazz music, despite how much influence he took from it
probably wouldn't have been a great jazz guitarist though

That guy from Linkin Park

Brade Delson

He's got a sweet solo on "In Pieces"

excuse me, just the actual greatest guitarist coming through

That's not Rick Nielsen.

He started in the Chetland circuit, playing with plenty of famous Jazz/blues players. If he ever slowed down and stopped doing drugs 24/7 like clapton did.

the answer is joe pass

I like octaves, major 7 chords and harmonics so I guess I'm EZ to plz

I don't give a shit who is the "best"

>greatest guitarist
>not The Knopf

One of my personal favs

john mayer and jaco pastorius

i guess their not the best but man...when they play, idk. it just makes me want to listen.

youtube.com/watch?v=NtljYur4_T8

Came here to post this.

My Drake/John Fahey mashup mixtape is coming along nicely, by the way.

this is true

Jaco pastorius wasn't exactly recognized for his guitar work. And now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever heard him play a guitar

My boy over here

The King

keiji haino

How about you fags draw your guns instead of talking about them?
youtu.be/NtljYur4_T8

The rest of Floyd always seemed to be riding on his hard guitar solos

Then why did he need Steve Vai to play things he couldn't?

No, I don't believe so

One Trick Pony: The Guitarist.

he could play them he just didn't feel like doing it

There are better rock guitarists, and there are better rock singers.

But there is no better rock singer/guitarist.

Nah Vai is better and you know it

his range is awesome. from edgar varese to fucking duckman. a true lover of music.

THIS. Basho's playing is majestical

My Mt. Rushmore og Guitarists consists of: Basho, John Mclaughlin, Kevin Shields, Robert Fripp, Jimi and Glenn Branca

the guy from limp bizkit to be honest

nigga see

Is that why he always had other people play for him?

I already posted Tuck Andress

Let's be honest, the world's best guitarist is probably some septagenarian in Barcelona that no one has ever heard of

He didn't, he just liked playing with talented musicians.

Also, Wes was the best.

Nigga I'm blind

He admitted he couldn't play some of his stuff because he spent so much time composing.