Concert General

Do we still know what to do, Cred Forums?

>Recent concerts + reviews
>Upcoming concerts + recs
>General concert discussion

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3-f7zsW7EV4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

As far as upcoming shows go, here's the calendar so far:

>September
25: Russian Circles
>October
1: Warpaint
11: Death From Above 1979 & Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
20: The Garden
27: Dream Theater (for old time's sake)
>November
5: Theo Katzman
17: El Ten Eleven (maybe)
19: Fitz & The Tantrums (maybe)
>December
17: Earthless
>January
11: godheadSilo
>February
2: RHCP (maybe, for old time's sake as well)

Holy shit go to concerts you autists.

i saw swans though

>tfw no friends want to go see Titus Andronicus with me

Who am I supposed to get drunk and scream the lyrics with?

Planning to see anco+actress when they come to tampa
tho I fear my mum will cockblock me and make up some excuse to not let me go
Would uber but I live 45mins from the venue

Hopefully maybe i can meet somebody from tinder or something that can take me with them

Here's what I got:

>October
1. Zeds Dead
10. DJ Shadow
13. M83
>November
11. Madeon + Portor Robinson

Saw Sun Kil Moon + Jesu on monday
Played for 2 hours and never once got boring
Mark was chatty, funny, friendly with the audience
Justin just kinda stood in the corner smirking at Mark's jokes

Swans (for the 4th time) next month
Autechre in November
Boris in Dec

Also to add that that the last show I saw was Digitalism. I really enjoyed it, although I think it was a last minute replacement for that venue cause the turnout was kinda low. They did most of their new album and some old favs like Magnets and Zdarlight.

going to see death grips alone in london, first concert. anything i should know? earplugs are basically a must if i dont wanna fuck up my hearing, and best position to avoid all the bustle? thanks.

anyone else like sit-down shows better nowadays or am i gay

Sep 30 - Animal Collective
Oct 8 - Tegan & Sara
Oct 24 - The 1975

I just saw Mother Mother recently, they were pretty good live but man they look old.

My schedule:

Pygmy Lush - Sept 29th (maybe)

Buncha skramz bands in a bar - Oct 10

Dillinger Escape Plan w/ Cult Leader - Oct 12 (would've gone to EHG though if it wasn't their last tour since I have a ticket that carried over from their may NYC show)

The Hotelier (maybe) - Oct 23

Either seeing Clipping or Amygdala shit idk it's a tough choice desu - Oct 27th

Gorguts - Oct 28th

Animal Collective - Nov 3

Napalm Death - Nov 13th

Ulcerate - Nov 20

Shows that I wish I could go to but can't
Brujeria Oct 1st
Bear vs Shark in NYC in october

It's not guarenteed I'm seeing any of these, but they're likely. Also I'm probably going to some house shows as well desu. Bands in people's basements are fun

seeing kanye in october

I really want to see DFA 1979, but its in DC and I don't think I'd be able to find a place to stay for it there.

So if Daft Punk does do Alive 2017, what are the odds all tickets sell out in 2 minutes?

Probably very high.

>tfw Justice did a new years show in NYC I could've seen but ticket was ridiculously expensive

>tfw Alive 2017 skips Philly and goes to either NYC or DC instead

I would be mad, but maybe willing to try and get tickets to it anyway.

Cool. Tell us about it.
Strangers that could become friends.
Work dem digits.
Nice list. Hope to see Swans for the first time someday soon.
Yes earplugs. Get Etymotic ER20 if you want to still hear what's going on. Foam plugs are SHIT. I'm a musician and I rely on the ER20.
Also you will not avoid the line outside or the chaos inside. Embrace it, user.
I'm at the mezzanine section for the Tycho show right now and I'm sure I'll be happy with my choice for Tycho. His visuals are the best part. It depends on the show basically. You're still pretty gay though.
Make it work dude. They're unbelievable live. Amazing show.

Just saw Horrendous, Youth Code, and Tribulation together. Horrendous was pretty good, Youth Code was amazing, and Tribulation sucked.

I doubt it'll skip philly.

Meanwhile I have a genuine concern of it going to DC and skipping Baltimore if it's during the school year.

couchsurf, airbnb, hostel, sleeping bag and tent, under a bridge, subway.

There's a lot of options.

Kanye is coming to Columbus. Do I go?

Tycho is live right now!

Going to see Death Grips in San Diego after just seeing them in Santa Ana?

Who else goin?

Seeing Turnstile in October

Go see The Hotelier. You won't regret it.

Last show I went to was FLAG with The Dirty NIL. Fantastic show, 2 guys in wheelchairs turned the pit into a demolition derby.

I'm (hopefully) seeing Angel Du$t on Monday

I've also got for the rest of the year

Violent Soho
Columbus
Expire
Ceres
Angel Olsen
Baroness

I'm probably forgetting something too

The shows I'm really psyched about coming up are

INFEST and IRON LUNG in philly
Descendents, Fucked Up, and Night Birds in NY
the Thursday reunion show in NJ

and I'm still getting over the fucking sick Death Grips show I saw in NY

fuckin hell, im so glad someone made that pic, yeah PIT dg is getting out of hand, im not doing it next time

I moshed basically the whole night at that show whether I liked it or not. Still had an amazing time seeing my favorite band

oh yeah of course, its the worst and most amazing experience, i shit bricks when Whatever I Want

>tfw I was able to go see Death Grips all 3 times they played NYC in 2015 but didn't go.

Kill me. Anyways when's that Infest show? They playing Baltimore?

My favorite part of the show was when everyone started killing each other when Giving Bad People Good Ideas came on.

RIP the floor

The INFEST show is in Philly on November 12 at the First Unitarian Church. First time I ever went to Philly for a show.

AND 3 FUCKING TIMES ARE YOU SERIOUS user WHY DID YOU TURN THAT DOWN!?

3 Bedrooms was very fun, also its really fun when you get smashed so compact you actually get choked.

Going to every show that is viable

Actually twice it was because of work and the third time I didn't know they were playing.

Now I'm just waiting for them to have a baltimore show.

Or their next summer new york show

Were you at Riotfest?

RIP
No, but I would have loved to see a lot of the bands there.

Touche Amore with Tiny Moving Parts
Jeff Rosenstock
Show Me The Body
American Football

I wanted to go to dg, but I've never even been to NYC before, but if they comy to NY again I'm not missing it.

I saw DG there, absolutely nuts. Inanimate Sensation was the highlight of the show imo

I had to fight with my mom about going, but my dad had the final word and let me go.
I was the dude in the black Salem hat and the Negative Approach shirt cuhz

I looked at the setlist this morning and died a little inside because I didn't go, but American Football, and Show Me The Body should make up for it.

Lol do you know who started the harambe chant? Me and my friend were trying to figure it out

I really hope that wasn't my friend. He can be a cool guy but he was spouting memes for a long time and I just wanted to fucking be HYPE.

I was close to around the people who were chanting that so idk.

I fucking love American Football but idk if I'll make it :,(

I'm Trying to find people to go with, but their all fuckin normies.

American Football's music isn't even THAT HARD TO GET INTO. It's like listening to a fucking pillow man

I know this. The only other person I know who likes them is my fuckin ex. Feels bad man.

Promise to finger her during Never Mean't and you'll be set.

a lot of people find the word Emo revolting, so they just dismiss it

they associate it with suicide silence and shit like that, i have know idea why

Call it soft af rock music, then tell them it's emo and they shit themselves.

That might just be crazy enough to work.

yeah, that could work, math rock sounds more interesting when explained also

a friend i meantioned AF to said he despises emo but finds math rock interesting, whatever, he still listens to Dethklok and finds metalhead memes legit funny, fukin fagit

It worked on all my other friends man, will do wonders for you too!

Going to III Points in October

Drop that friend ASAP. Sounds like he still jacks off with his Slayer shirt he bought at Hot Topic in 7th grade

She has a new bf though.

Then find a dime-a-dozen tumblr girl and tell her that AF sounds like Turnover except BETTER

holy shit lol yeah, he said he might go to the DG show in San Diego, and he listens to a lot of hip hop like MF DOOM, its not enough to keep really,

not worth

Trade that fucker in at Gamestop man, you may get some spare change for it but hey, better than the Slayer cumrag

>Trade that fucker in at Gamestop man, you may get some spare change for it
LOL this killed me, thanks

haha The shows in January. I have plenty of time.

I could go see Taking Back Sunday tomorrow night but I'm really on the fence. Never was a huge fan

At least he knows what MF Doom is tho
Patience user, you will find one
I heard they suck live

Theres also built to spill on Monday night which I'm definitely going to. Hoping to find an indie qt.

last night I saw Car seat headrest live in detroit, and I'm not exaggerating when I say it was possibly the best night of my life

May be a bit older but yeah I don't doubt that you'll find someone there.

They haven't even announced the whole lineup yet, and I'm already super hype. Who else planning on going to this? Batushka first time playing in the US and also Insect Warfare coming back from the grave jesus fuck

Any pics or setlist?

>tfw you only have the time/funds/energy to go your own shows and not any actual shows.

Playing shows all the time is fun but I haven't been to a non diy show in about a year :/

>Upcoming
ScHoolboy Q in November. Excited as fuck.

I'm 23 so thats definitely preferable. I imagine Built To Spill fans would all be pretty chill.

I saw them a few nights ago in Toronto. The amount of fun I had was through the roof, especially the encore (Destroyed By Hippie Powers). Everyone was jumping around at the front, holding on to each other in glee. I also got to meet Ethan after the show. I complimented him on his shirt and he said he has the same shirt as the one I was wearing. He was really nice.

Me. The best show I went to so far was PUP in Allston. Shit was crazy.

I never got into them, what do they sound like?

OK question

What's your guys stance on moshing to non aggressive music?
Seems like every damn show I go to now there's a pit

how non agressive?

ive seen moshing to Modern Baseball, but thats mainly kids just pushin n shit, AF would be embarrassing

It seems pretty dumb. I've never seen it. The only non aggressive music I've moshed to was Giraffes? Giraffes!

AnCo lmao

It'd be easier to listen to something like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=3-f7zsW7EV4

I don't know how exactly you'd differentiate them from classic indie rock, but their level of musicianship and song arranging is just above the vast majority of bands. If you've ever heard Pinback or Modest Mouse, add some tasteful shredding and you've got an idea of it.

I've moshed to MoBo. Shit was fun!

Seeing

Danny Brown in Portland October 5th

I won two tickets for Death from Above 1979 & Black Rebel Motorcycle Club in a contest, trying to find someone to go with

Then in November I'm seeing Denzel Curry, ASAP Ferg, and Toro y Moi probably.

Then I'm flying down for Flog Gnaw, somewhat concerned that the Odd Future fans will be autistic. Going with some friends though, can't deny the lineup is really good

yeah i was at the march 1st show earlier this year in san diego

it was fun, very fun live music

I've been having weird experiences with moshing. Recently I went to see Between The Buried and Me in Nashville, and like nobody moshed until the last couple of songs. My friends that are metalheads were pretty much saying that "moshing is dead" after the show. I only started going to concerts a couple of years ago, and some of the biggest mosh pits that I've seen personally have been in overcrowded rap shows like Earl Sweatshirt and Suicideboys. I think a lot of popular bands out now just don't have a youthful or aggressive energy. But you take an artist with that energy and people will use any excuse they can to mosh.

>Between The Buried and Me in Nashville
what was the setlist like? did it lean too much on their newer overly-proggy stuff?

They played the entirety of Coma Ecliptic which may explain why there wasn't a lot of moshing, but the crowd was dead to the point of embarrassment.

Got tortoise in December, anyone seen them live before?

Damn, I really hate when bands only play the new material.

I saw BTBAM few years ago in Toronto, and I was really let down when they said they were going to play Parallax II in its entirety just for that show (+ a few more). They've been one of my fav bands during high school but after that show I've stopped listening to them.

But I got Dustie's pick, so that was something

That sounds cool, I've seen them 3 times and they're always awesome about sticking around and interacting with fans. But when nobody moshes to Famine Wolf it makes you wonder what the hell is going on. I'd honestly appreciate it if they just went all out on a sound that was closer to tech metalcore than just straight up prog. I know that won't happen though.

I went to a hardcore fest in NJ called Back To School Jam and I saw these fucking tryhard kids MOSHING TO TURNOVER. The cringe was so hard I had to leave.

or if they at least play Selkies once in a while

Well, back to school jam and the NJ hardcore scene is full of wannabe tough guy hoodie and basketball shorts types.

So long as it's just pushing and dancing it's all good to me desu. Taking it anything above that is when it gets stupid.

Edmonton?!?!
Should I go see AnCo? Hows the venue?

They play Selkies a lot surprisingly. If they didn't play Coma Ecliptic all the way they probably would have played it at some point.

>Well, back to school jam and the NJ hardcore scene is full of wannabe tough guy hoodie and basketball shorts types.

YOU COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT BETTER

Really want to see:
Cute is what we aim for 10 year tour
Two tongues depending on the new album
Dillinger escape plan
Every time I die
Vanna
Maybe:
This wild life and have mercy
Balance and composure dependent upon new album
Kevin devine
Copeland
Our last night, hands like houses, and the color morale

May also drive to Boise for btbam. Utah kind of sucks for concerts

They play selkies every time I've seen them 5~ times

>Warpaint
>October 1st
Must be Detroit! I'll definitely be there

Feel free to skip Fitz and the Tantrums because they write jingle songs for movies and commercials exclusively now

Gojira and TesseracT on 14 of october in denver

Never seen them live. What should i expect from the crowd and show.

Nice! I would like to see tesseract at some point.

Who /didntgettoseeBorislivebecauseofAtsuossickness/ here?

are you in sf?

M83 is pretty fucking rad live

sorry for late reply. don't have any pics, but this was the setlist

Way Down (new song that is supposedly on the upcoming album)
Cosmic Hero (awesome rendition with an excerpt of 'Sweet Jane' by Velvet Underground in the middle)
Fill in the Blank
Unforgiving Girl
Maud Gone
Destroyed by Hippie Powers
Drugs With Friends
Drunk Drivers
Vincent
Beach Life-in-Death (encore)

crowd was absolutely amazing, small venue so i was literally 3 feet away from the stage. there was high energy throughout the entire set and everyone singing along. beach life-in-death isn't a concert staple and they apparently only played it because some superfan on twitter requested it, so i felt super lucky to see it live. my new claim to fame is i was in the same room as will toledo as he screamed "do you have something against dogs?" 10/10

Reddit is the other way, folks

I never really got into them, where do I start?

Saw Metallica at the US Bank Stadium Minneapolis on August 20th. Great show.

Seeing Megadeth in October then DJ Shadow two days later.

a few other things i forgot:

* i was kind of disappointed they didn't play state park, sober to death, bodys, or ballad of costa concordia, but them playing beach life definitely made up for it

* opening acts were stef chura and lucy dacus. they were alright.

* unsurprisingly, there were many awkward teenagers in the crowd

start with either twin fantasy or teens of denial. twin fantasy is considered the magnum opus by many fans, and teens of denial is probably some of the catchiest car seat headrest material. if you want some electronic-inspired stuff, check out how to leave town. if you want more stuff with buried vocals and distorted guitars, check out any of the older projects. i wouldn't bother with teens of style since it's technically a compilation

Seeing some local bands next week in Charlotte. Then seeing some of the same bands later in October for a 2 day event.

That's pretty much it.

Might see AnCo when they come to town, other than that
Beach Goth
Stone's Throw Super Fest
Brownies and Lemonade thing

oh fuck, i never go to concerts but i just got a ticket to the DG concert this weekend. am i going to get beat up? i'm autistic/dont know how to mosh. please advise

I saw Kraftwerk live at the Hollywood Bowl a couple days ago
It was awesome, I've always been a fan and their stuff made for a great show. It was one of the 3D concerts, too.

this exists outside of youtube?

Fuck I missed out on free tickets to Riot Fest all weekend from 5 different people but I was bed ridden. I feel like it would've been worth me getting pneumonia or something. I would've loved to see Ween, Misfits, DG, and a bunch of small name local bands too like the Walters. I didn't really pay attention to the lineup and I don't plan to look again for what I've missed and feel bummed

Jordan?

Me, I was dealing with school and sleep depravation though

Chicago here,

> Highly Suspect/Slothrust
I'm going for Slothrust, my bandmate is a huge HS fan so we're heading out to it

> FIDLAR/SWMRS/Frights
Going with my best friend who is really stubborn when agreeing to concerts, he couldn't miss out on FIDLAR live after we both fantisizsed about seeing them since 2013. I'll get to see The Frights for all 3 times they've been to Chicago and the turnout gets better everytime. Not big on SWMRS so well just hang out in the back or go eat/drink if they allow re-entry

> Thee Oh Sees
I'm most hyped for this one, I'm going alone since I'm from the suburbs and everyone listens to rap, country or pop punk but I can't wait to see Dwyer live. I saw them by chance in 2011 visiting my grandparents in Logan Square and my cousins and I went down too the market, we didn't stay for long I think we just caught Meat Step Lively and left.

Nothing else seems to pop up other than a bunch of local Pop Punk shows I'm going to see with some friends and bandmates, I've been trying to get into pop punk for a couple years now to help me write but it doesn't click with me. We also got a gig at a house party mid October that I'm stoked about since I'm a wild frontman that acts like Darby Crash when we preform.