What is the best program to use to make beats?

What is the best program to use to make beats?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=i_kF4zLNKio
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it has a lot to do with preference there is not one true answer. are you underage?

no one uses programs to make beats anymore. drum samplers are archaic machines. now producers record and sample studio drummers and all other methods are shunned, effectively locking bedroom producers out of the market.

html5drummachine.com

This depends on the genre. Because i can assure you that isn't the case with house, techno, jungle, really almost all edm.

Learn FL Studio then you can be as cool as Hopsin

who samples studio drummers?

this is the case with all once "electronic" music. house, techno, jungle, ambient, idm, trip hop, downtempo, everything. not just drums, either. all isntruments are sampled through studio musicians, and if a certain timbre not produced by conventional instruments is required then we'll take the instruments, record them to tape and do some warping of the tape for the desired effect. try to make a beat for an up and coming rapper and tell him you used a TR-808 in it and you'll get laughed at for being so behind the times. MIDI is for hacks. talent has been reintroduced into electronic music.

I don't know what you're on about. Most producers use analog drum machines or drum samples. Yeah, some of those samples may have come from studio recorded drums...
I can't tell if this is bait or if you actually believe this.

download and stall Cubase or fl studio or ableton live

put a vst MPC emulator on it

download live drum samples, custom drum samples like the Boi1da drum kit, various other drumkits

use it, profit

synthetizers fuckery, if possible get a keyboard / controller

use effects, nexus, metroboomin style thats all

None of this is true. Besides there are many drum packs/samples out there from which the hits are sampled from a real drummer, some of which are free.

certainly is bait LMFAO

producers like Flatlander, Sounwave, Noah shebid and Hit-Boy certainly uses live drums samples but still work on most of DAWs and its drum machines

when's the last time you created a Billboard-topping beat? oh, never? seems about right, and at this rate you never will until you adapt to contemporary methods. are you actively shielding yourself from talk of production? that's the only way I can imagine you not knowing any of this.

you can make a software sample beat sound like a live one, if you are a drummer and know your shit

I'm not trying to make beats for rappers, I sing and play other instruments,

m.youtube.com/watch?v=i_kF4zLNKio

This was an Billboard TOP 10 hit. Most parts of this song was made on FL Studio. "The Hills" of Weeknd and its drums probably too.

Most of "Dirty Of Sprite 2" of Future was made on FL Studio.

FL for Life

>trap

put lots of reverb on that shit too

then why are you here? you have all the skills you need.

a software sample beat will never sound like a once-in-a-lifetime studio drummer laydown -- but that's beside the point. the studio drummer needs to sound like a software sample, and there's a high demand for this in the production scene.

You don't need to have a "billboard-topping beat" to make a good song without using the methods you stated. It's not like all of the popular songs created using the"old" methods are invalid today. Countless producers today still use Serum or whatever other virtual synth to create their music.

Electronic Drums (not vst) can nearly emulate real drums, you have just to manipulate it, but yeah a live drumming its a nice complement to diversify improve a production. Most of Top Charts songs uses less and less live instrumentation though.

What's a good sample library and plugins for big 80s sharp sounding drums? Think Nitzer Ebb / New Order esque.

>It's not like all of the popular songs created using the"old" methods are invalid today.
uh, yes they are?

>Countless producers today still use Serum or whatever other virtual synth to create their music.
name one.

No. Dumbass.

namecalling makes no case for you. rather, it tells me you're insecure about the fact that your DAWs are on their way out and your "knowledge" of them has no place in the modern world of music.

Check out Big Mono. It's free... listen to the samples on the page, see if it's what you're looking for.

analoguedrums.com/products/big-mono/

this is some dedicated baiting

not really true. if using good synthesized drums and a high quality MIDI pad, you can use the pad and make a realistic and human-sounding beat. it might not sound identical to a real drum kit, but the dynamics and timing can be just as good as long as you know how to play it. also, you have more opportunity to play with different pitches, giving you more creative potential.

you could also get a full MIDI drum kit if you want.

but yes, just using software or hardware drum machines is lazy and will not let you come anywhere close to replicating a human drummer, if that's what you're really trying to do.