youtube.com/watch?v=JuxKCwd41VU
youtube.com/watch?v=_-okRVwEvp0
youtube.com/watch?v=zwG97ah0mEU
youtube.com/watch?v=M8-vje-bq9c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

post memes

So what do we think?
youtube.com/watch?v=JvpncFRvrkM

I like metal because the the musicians are not as tightly controlled by the people on this list:

thezog.info/list-summaries/

as mainstream pop musicians are.

Also, if you want to know how the people on this list got to be where they are, start reading at page 12 in this book:

prometheism.net/library/jewishsupremacism.pdf

>pussymist

AOTY?

+Slayer, Bestial Warlust

First for best tech
youtu.be/FEaaB46tXFU

Was this their last good album?

im back guys

not when we had new Inquisition this year f a m

Be honest with me \metal/.

When you're listening to an album with harsh vocals for the first time, do you EVER understand the words?

Do you look up the lyrics? Do you just figure them out by listening closely to the vocals a lot?

I really like new Alcest track

>good

youtube.com/watch?v=IQsXnldCDeU

+ Slayer, Nile, Nihilist Commando

I have no idea what Necrocannibalistic Vomitorium is, but Im gonna put a + on it

++ Suffo, old Vader
+ Malevolent Creation, Cancer, Testament, Blasphemy, Deicide, Cannibal Corpse, Seupultura, Entombed
- That one Metallica album

Otherwise classy stuff

I don't understand shit. I don't look up anything.

it depends, i used to listen to Cannibal Corpse and Amon Amarth and they're super easy to understand. but then there's bands like Adversarial and Cultes des Ghoules

>Do you look up the lyrics? Do you just figure them out by listening closely to the vocals a lot?

Both

>all this meme death and black metal
Ugh, do you faggots even listen to like anything else?

if it's death/black I just listen closely a bit and it's not to understand but I listen to a lot of grindcore and the vocals are mostly incomprehensible

you're a meme

This is their best album, right?

+revenge, godflesh, eyehategod, disrupt, acid bath
+blasphemy, revenge, portal
+blasphemy
+dual action, merzbow's best album

meme garbage

Ashes of the wake is the correct answer

u r gay

Not very much metal this week boys, I promise next time I'll be more trve

>not Catch 33

I agree grindcore gets a little ridiculous

Anyone have recommendations that sound like this? kind of blackened thrash

here's your (You)

fuck forgot picture

Why the fuck are you posting that in this thread?

>Casualties of Cool

Fucking nice.

+nile, slayer, akitsa
malevolent creation, vader, cancer, edge of sanity, sarcofago, sacred blade, iron maiden, entombed, blasphemy, nocturnus, testament, exodus, suffocation,zoroaster,motorhead,deicide,cannibal corpse, megadeth lol
-that morbid angel, metallica
+eyehategod, van zandt, chelsea wolfe, dalek, blasphemy, conan (was disappointed last time i saw them though), yob, bong
~beastwars, dont like that true widow but their other album is amazing,
-windhand

Ragehammer

+coil, bell witch
>-windhand
what do you dislike about windhand?

just don't like them. saw them live and the singer sucked to a point it ruined the music for me, cool riff sthough

post what you're listening to right now
youtube.com/watch?v=XPbPvG8mi98

So...it's been 20 years since metal did something cool and innovative. Are we ever gonna get something interesting out of metal ever again? Or is it just a dead genre retreading the same old cliches?

that's a shame. have you listened to them on studio albums? cause I enjoy the vocals there but I've never seen them live so i dunno if i just have different taste in vocals than you or if the singer just sucks live.

interesting =/= innovative

novelty isnt everything you pleb, appreciate good examples of existing forms

i have, they're good. but honestly haven't listened to them on my own since. i feel like mango juice

Fug this is good. What does /metal/ think?
youtube.com/watch?v=To59bUpTy0Q

>Porcupine Tree
Fucking nice man

>i feel like mango juice
wut?

They fear what they do not understand.

9/10

one of the saddest things ever posted on /metal/, and you keep posting it

>/metal/ needs to be simple minded

There are bands doing styles of metal in every direction you can imagine. it's more innovative today than it's ever been, you just have to look.

Can /metal/ recommend me some djent that's not horseshit?

you're one of those guys that whatever disproving examples anyone would give, you would dismiss them anyway

Vildhjarta

++ EHG, Dälek
+ Townes Van Zandt, Halo, Blasphemy

+ Johnny Cash, Massive Attack, Black Sabbath
~ the meme Devy albums
- Periphery

++ Negative FX
+ Celtic Frost
- Tool

Did The Fourth Dimension make the cut because I constantly shill it in my charts? It is also the best album out of all that mess by a fuckton.

>Did The Fourth Dimension make the cut because I constantly shill it in my charts? It is also the best album out of all that mess by a fuckton.

No I've never seen your chart link me or post it if you want. It's just the best death album I've heard so far and I may have gotten it from Cred Forums but it was a while ago.

listening through masstaden as I type

>can /metal/ recommend me some horseshit that doesn't smell like horseshit?

Bulldozer, Syphilitic Vaginas, Törr, Necrodeath, Magnus.

youtube.com/watch?v=saR0sYLArOI
youtube.com/watch?v=Ebie63iIzZ0

we were so close to that sweet get

what got the get

wew

I recently cant stop listening to 90s Hypocrisy, so it shows up in my current listens. That band has always been leagues ahead of any "melodic death metal" band. Check out The Final Chapter if you already didnt; less atmo but more memorable songs, riffs and tinfoil lyrics.

Also so close to epic digits

wasted on a weeb faggot

This album is surprising me in very interesting ways.

Triad Ov Inquisitors is so far the worst song I've gotten to and even that had really great moments.

>Not Oranssi Pazuzu or the body

It's decent tho

Anyone here see any good shows this year?

Dragged into Sunlight and Pig Destroyer both put on some great shows earlier this year. I'm seeing Dillinger escape plan next month and am probably seeing Pig Destroyer again in November

WOOO

WOOO

literally the most retarded criticism of a band I've ever seen

what is some essential proto-metal?

tukaaria's cool
hypocrisy's cool
beastwars' kinda cool
tool's tool
what's the consensus on the new dev?

++++++++ fucking Intestinal Disgorge

Kiss

Here's a heavy psych krautrock band I think is pretty cool and falls under protometal:
youtube.com/watch?v=csknfd1NXGE

Their albums were recorded in an old nazi bunker btw, fun fact.

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/black-tomb/black-tomb/

holy shit you guys

another black sabbath ripoff band has come out

Damn, do the rest of their albums sound like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=h4hpd4lcwpo

Welp, just made this one now

++ wormrot, portal, incantation, insect warfare (holy fuck they're playing Maryland Deathfest I gotta see them)
++EHG, Chelsea Wolfe, NWW, Yob, dalek
I want to listen to rome
++EHG, nailbomb, brujeria, unsanse, acid bath

breddy gud

At the Heart of Winter is way better than anything else they've done in my opinion. It is their most thrash-influenced album with a lot of complex structures, and there's a lot of variety in the tempo. The vocals are harsh and generally less cheesy than some of their other stuff. The whole album flows together nicely and is best listened in its entirety. youtube.com/watch?v=VeOlPQqJR-o

I dunno, why don't you prove what it is you guys are claiming? Post some innovative cool shit. Let's see how they are, or how we react.

FUCK I just listened to Mule Skinner - Abuse (1996). That is some tight grind with lotsa fast grooving inbetween. Awesome.

youtube.com/watch?v=huKtQCLT7t8

If anyone can recommend more like this, I'd be most thankful. Also some purely instrumental nsbm would be nice

>wanna see animals as leaders here soon
>Don't feel like I have anyone to go with
>Missed lamb of god earlier this year
Fuck alberta

>ATHOW
>less cheesy
>not embracing the cheese for the epic feels
>more complex structures when it's actually among their simpler works
It's worth actually picking up an instrument or trying to further understand music sometimes, user.

++++Bloss weil ich friere, ist noch lang nicht winter

Have there been any good new Norwegian bm bands in the last few years?

The thing is, I'm listening to early Darkthrone and Mayhem over and over and can't get tired of it. It is ridiculous that there are even bands after the mid 90s that go on with that genre, because "it's been done before" you know?

Why are Slavic symphonic black metal so much better than their Western counterpart?

I agree: Vesania, Sear Bliss: So much better than their western counterparts. Then on the other hand you have amateurish and cheap shit like Graveland and Nokturnal Mortum, so it's fairly balanced again.

im always impressed at how so many of the early bm bands were amazing.

Thoughts on this?

Why do so many of the good slavic bands have to be nsbm

>nsbm
>good

Why did people hate Magma? It was great.

>never listened to Graveland

i dont care for the ideology but you have to admit that there are some fucking amazing nsbm bands

I never got this. Particular that scene over at Poland with guys like Dark Fury, Thor's Hammer, Ohtar, etc. who are literally guys from a country that got subjugated by Nazis yet love that shit and actually make pretty decent riffy NSBM.

Name 5

It's because they released their stuff before Black Metal was a "by the numbers" affair where you associate a certain sound with a genre and add elements of that sound in order to play "black metal". These early bands, they DEFINED that sound. That's the difference.
Compare Deathcrush, Hvis Lyset Tar Oss, Transylvanian Hunger and A Blaze In The Northern Sky: All have a completely different sound, all styles were unheard before when they came out, all are considered 100% black metal. Then consider the thousands of bands today and you'll see that there's less creativity involved, because tropes are copied in order for it to "be black metal".

Forest
Graveland
Hate Forest
Nokturnal Mortum
Grand Belials Key

Blind Guardian and Grave Digger had a pretty good show a couple days ago, was very enjoyable.

This has some of their longest, most intricate and most progressive songs with a ton of great buildups. Sure, there is also a lot of repetition, but everything they did before this was far more simplistic. Even the follow-up album, Damned in Black, went back to the more straightforward approach.

noteworthy

Is it 100% poser/faggot to wear a band tshirt if youve never seen them live?

They are long, sure, but they aren't that progressive. Most of the stuff on Pure Holocaust is far more technical than ATHOW which is pretty simple Iron Maiden type stuff but with more distortion and tremolos. Don't confuse a savage approach for a necessarily simpler one.

Death Crush and Hvis Lyset, Transilvanian Hunger were released like 7 years apart tho. The sound was already defined by the time those came out. They were original despite that

I would get a DsO shirt honestly, and they probably will never play live here.

youtube.com/watch?v=a6deXT6g1cM

Yeah, of course it didn't all happen in a day. I'm talking about the time span when the scene was "still hot" and that was about seven years. Transylvanian Hunger didn't just take Mayhem's Deathcrush and say: "THAT'S THE REAL BLACK METAL! I WANNA DO THAT!" Transylvanian hunger is an entirely new approach. What I'm saying is, the whole genre has become mostly stale since the mid nineties. Sure there are many bands that innovate, but not ALL of them do and actually most of them don't.

What? Who says you have to see a band live to be a fan and own a shirt

Boy I don't even own physical albums of some of the bands I have shirts of. You can even wear band shirts just because you find them aesthetically pleasing or like the imagery (like the Trump headshot shirt. I mean all power to trump but that is hilarious if you're twelve). Don't believe in the poseur thing, as long as you're not a poseur .

To me, it's so long as you like the band.

>Not posting the GOAT Slavic Symphonic Black

Eeeh, Transylvanian Hunger actually kind of did that with Hellhammer and Celtic Frost.

here you go

>symphonic metal

>Eeeh, Transylvanian Hunger actually kind of did that with Hellhammer and Celtic Frost.

Are we talking about the same album here? Because A Blaze In The Northern Sky and Panzerfaust sound like they have a basis Celtic Frost, but I can hear NOTHING that sounds remotely like CF on Transylvanian Hunger.

The songs on Pure Holocaust are definitely well-arranged but not very complex, I think it's just the subtle nuances and wavering in the chord progressions which give that perception. The drumming is way better than ATHOW though, despite the occasional stock patterns.

I can def hear Hellhammer in it, But in this interview youtube.com/watch?v=_gqOY1dIUrU Fenriz actually says they were just trying to sound like Bathory.

well they ended up sounding way different to Bathory. Of course, nothing happens without influence.
Sonically, "Under the sign of the black mark" is closest to TH, but you can still hear Rock'n'Roll in the Bathory Album with the solos and Venom grooves, but that is completely stripped away in TH, making for a much more consequent and straight forward sound, really defining what the northern black metal style is all about. UTSOTBM still has a bit of the warmth of the NWOBHM sound, whereas TH is just cold as fuck.
A little trivia hear: Quorthon hated everything about Under The Sign Of The Black Mark, especially the guitar sound.

He hated the vocals strongly as well. To think, if he truly had his way the album as we know it wouldn't exist.

metal with symphony elements in it is not a bad thing.
It's just the edgy "symphonic" Gothic/Power metal bands that have cropped up on nuclear blast, napalm, and what have you are poisoning the well

New Opeth sucks. Any other recs in the prog-metal field this year?

It's like the shape of a whole genre was spawned by mistake.
Almost comparable to sawing off fingers from from your left hand and developing a unique guitar playing style after that.

Yeah, but you said
> Transylvanian Hunger didn't just take Mayhem's Deathcrush and say: "THAT'S THE REAL BLACK METAL! I WANNA DO THAT!" Transylvanian hunger is an entirely new approach.

And thats exactly what Fenriz admitted to doing. If you try to rip off a band of course itll be a bit different, but the base sound is still there and Transylvanian hunger is not an entirely new approach

I retreat my statement and would like to settle for:
"In the process of ripping someone of, they created an even more influential and puristic experience that would go on and be much more defining of the scandianavian black metal sound than Bathory was"

Any good power metal in 2016?

> I think it's just the subtle nuances and wavering in the chord progressions which give that perception
Which is why it is though and why it is so loved. ATHOW, while it's not bad at all, certainly goes back to doing things in a more straightforward and Iron Maiden kinda way.

Any good traditional metal in 2016?

eeeeeeeeeeeh, Bathory is the base for all bm tho, ill go with " Transylvanian Hunger modernized the Bathory sound while adding their own personal touch to it, creating an influential style within early bm while solidifying Bathory's legacy"

I can accept that, although I still feel closer to the way I phrased it. I just fucking love TH okay?
Anyway, black metal getting kind of stale by the mid nineties when bands spawned by the hundreds is something I'm still convinced of. Take a band like Tsjuder for example and name just one thing they added (or removed for that matter) from already existing formulas, by accident or deliberatly.

>no good power metal until eleven twelfths through the year

Power metal is kind of a shit genre. Metal is kind of about extremes and the extremes power metal has to offer were mostly explored in the 80s. That's why terrible meme power metal like Dragonforce in the 00s and Gloryhammer today is the most popular stuff: They go one step further and end up being self satire. There aren't many bands out there that even try at that genre because it's just play out.
Compare that to Death Metal and you can see that there is still room for pushing the genre with bands like Teitanblood even surprising and exciting veteran listeners of the style.

TH got me into bm, i love it too. Its just that i think youre minimizing Bathorys massive influence on the genre. (of all the things i could geek out on it has to be early bm). I agree to an extent on the mid 90s, i think its more that Norway stopped being interesting ( there are a few exceptions like Ildjarn). More interesting stuff came from other eu countries. Im thinking like Belketres side of March to the Black Holocaust, Summoning, and Paysage d'Hiver basically remodernizing TH.Then like the late 90s early 2000s a lot of good stuff came from eastern europe

There are plenty of bands that exemplify the traditional roles of power metal, though. While it's true that the boundaries have been pushed to the point of exhaustion, and that the majority of power metal comes off as nauseatingly campy and cheesy, it takes one to accept that it's for fun and feeling good. I like to say that if a metal fan hates power metal, they hate fun.
That said, there's a lot of bands that are great, self-satirizing or not. Powerwolf is a prime example of the joke, a band that goes so far into ham-fisted presentation that it's an ironic joke. But they're talented and make songs that are simply great.

My best suggestion is to look around. Such as like angrymetalguy.com/tag/power-metal/
Even if you don't agree with reviews, you can use something like this as a quick-listof a bunch of stuff released this year and give em a try. I always give a new band a 2-song test to see if I want to listen to more.

8/10 only thing holding it back is the lyrics

It's a single, after all. Lyrics don't matter. I'd withold judgement until the whole album comes out for that.

Theyre not (too) bad honestly. I know Stanne usually goes for introspective lyrics but I feel these were pretty subpar for him. Seemed pretty generic and cliche. The music is fucking great though, and I know the rest of the album will make up for boring lyrics on one song.

Any good stoner/doom albums come out this year? I'm a big fan of Pallbearer, I also like Windhand, Sleep, Black Pyramid. Generally I only like "clean" vocals in this genre. Thanks lots

Baroness

Not that I dont fucking love purple, but its not exactly stoner metal or doom metal

Heard it. Some tracks are okay (Fugue) but I liked Red & Blue a lot better and they're not really what I'm looking for anyway.

I don't even understand most cleanly sung lyrics in most genres, I barely pay attention to lyrics in music in general except if it's very clearly sung or in my native language.

Post your best non-ironic black metal vids

youtube.com/watch?v=-VBdAY8eA9w
youtube.com/watch?v=0bQM5G5y7ik

JUUUST

Here to shitpost this atmoshit, give it a listen.
Void Omnia - Dying Light

Ever wonder what's going through the band member's minds at this point?

>ok guys, we're not capable of making classic melodeath anymore, and even if we did, that won't pay the bills. So what should we do?
>Maybe we should keep making stuff like Reroute to Remain and STYE? Lots of metalcore kids liked that back in the day, and the old fans don't hate it as much as they used to.
>Nah, let's make a couple pop songs with children's choirs

Spirit Adrift

Anyone listened to the new Be'lakor album?
Is it worth buying or should I try to find a download somewhere?

more like
>What can we do that will make us the most money?
>Genericore

Does anyone who knows about them actually buy it? Genericore listeners don't follow In Flames

if you liked Stone's Reach and wished is was slightly more atmospheric, then you'll love it. It's a bit heavier on effects pedals than SR but I think it serves the music well.

My guess is they're trying [again] to break into the scene, leave the melodeath fans behind and try to capitalize on the hottopiccore listeners. It would take some targeted marketing to do it though.

last good album was jester race.
Damn they've been garbage for a long time.

Most people agree that they were good until Clayman, seeing as after that was when the style shifted so drastically. I loved whoracle and colony, and I thought that sounds of a playground fading wasn't bad, a solid 7/10. Maybe not the exact same sound, but decent on its own terms.

Does /meal/ like Nokturnal Mortum or is it more of a Cred Forums thing?

>Nah, let's make a couple pop songs with children's choirs

made me kek. srsly what the fuck are they thinking.

But hey, worked for Pink Floyd, r-r-right?

v1.realmofmetal.org/2016/09/sahg-memento-mori-2016.html
youtube.com/watch?v=NetANk_eeNM

This is some good shit. I'm genuinely surprised.

gib some hellbastard black metal like nifelheim, ttnbld, order from chaos, unpure, kthrss, malign, etc

>tfw finding good bands you didn't know about and that are from your country
I love /metal/ sometimes.

I like the more extreme ends of the metal spectrum, fuck man, anyone who dislikes shit like Nightfall in Middle Earth should leave the hall. Power Metal can be fantastic, it just needs balls and not an overly polished production. Which unfortunately is very rare.

source?

it's stoya, fuck off

What he said

yeah I remembered her face, how could you not, but couldn't put any name to it, thanks

She always looks like she's being psychologically raped. Fucking fuckzombie. I don't think she's human.

I can't see that. People are weird in front of cameras anyway.

How do you not see it. She's trying so hard to appear as if she's enjoying being blasted in front of cameras. Most pornstars are lazy about it, but this one likes to make all sorts of faces. Uncanny valley stuff. Looks like she's reliving childhood rape or some horrific shit. Poor thing.

Great album. I love Wartheland.

Is this slam illegal?

youtube.com/watch?v=ppPuyAI29Do

$20 bylaw fine

All slam is illegal. All interchangeable nigger crap.

At least what you posted has a bit of atmosphere, but the reeees ruin it. You don't HAVE to reee along to slam, you can do different things, you fucking degenerate clones.

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT SLAM

Slam is terrible.

Where's good for buying merch?

Really want a black or death metal long sleeve with print on the arm like they used to do in the 90s but I can't find anything.

European sites preferably.

Bathory's got some shirts like that on amazon. I have the hammerheart one.

Hell's Headbangers
Check the official band pages first tho, HH has bootlegs but they do label them as such.

BAN ALL MUHSLAMS
MAKE /METAL/ GREAT AGAIN

kek'd

Mostly.

There's a Metallica shirt on HM but Kanye faggots will be wearing that one. Sarpanitum has a really nice one shipped from uk: sarpanitum.bigcartel.com/product/blessed-long-sleeve

girlattherockshows.com/2016/08/25/this-is-not-a-dream/
This is a pretty entertaining article about a person obsessed with safe spaces going to a Shining concert.

what's the deal with the lack of diversity in the metal scene, it's all white dudes.

Come to Houston. It's like 60% latinos at shows.

Top kek. Niklas is a faggot though.

Nah, I've sat at a table with him. He's a pretty decent guy. Unless you mean he is literally a faggot because did whisper sweet nothings in my ear.

I mean a literal faggot. But from his interviews and general attitude I'd say a figurative one too. To me it's a tryhard GG Allin tier cringe.

its accurate though, and i like the body

Trembling strings have nothing to do with complexity. You have literally no idea what you're talking about. I've been playing in metal bands since 2002 and nobody has ever described ATHOW as "simplistic like Iron Maiden". Try to play Withstand the Fall of Time accurately and tell me it's easier than anything on Pure Holocaust.

Pretty good, will make a great show opener

Corset core trash, though there are one or two listenable songs on there.

So whats the verdict lads. Better than last two for sure. I like it

I really like the comfy atmosphere it has, Insomnium are the essential autumn/winter core band

New Trap Them is an absolute banger lads.

SCIENTIFIC
IT'S A FRAUD

So how did you like it? I think it definitely sounds fresher than where they were going before.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cg6igS4Oz8I

Do you guys like glam metal?

>galneryus is almost done their new album
>it hasn't even been a year

Why the fuck are they shitting out 9/10s and 10/10s annually now? You'd think it would take two or three years.

WASP is GOAT

>it just needs balls and not an overly polished production. Which unfortunately is very rare.
you literally described the entire USPM scene. rare my ass

So is this this year's death metal for people who don't like death metal release? Cuz I'm not really into death metal and this shit is fucking great.

WASP isn't really glam metal for quite a damn while, if you think of it. I don't know a single person who would listen The Crimson Idol and call it glam.

verdict on Winters Gate?

it's gay...

It's great

No, it's just good death metal.

"X for people who don't like X" implies that it's not for people who like X. For example, Deafheaven is for people who don't like black metal, but not for people who like black metal.

>implies that it's not for people who like X
shouldn't really be that way though•

Poorly mixed.

great is a bit overselling eh?

Surpassed my expectations. I'm actually excited for the album now.

>Winter's Gate full leak in related videos

So how is it, /metal/? I haven't given it a listen yet, didn't know it was leaked.

Any albums you had to cut from your collection lately for not being up to snuff?

>those synths

Post cover artwork memes you can't stand

>desaturated hires picture of foggy mountains
>understated low-opacity fonts
>brolygons
>naked bald CG dudes
>squeaky-clean surreal brutality
>black-haired lady in flimsy silk dress prancing around in the moonlight
and the cyber metal equivalent:
>generic sad robot girl with cables coming out of her

and cover artwork memes you love
>occult engraving with snakes and stylized fire
>demonic sigils
>ultra-gritty crust-punk pencil-drawn post-apocalyptic scenery
>gasmasks and nuclear explosions
>demons with tentacles and shit

I was hoping for a return to Damage Done/Fiction, instead it sounds like a mash up of Construct and WaTV but somehow even worse than those two individually. Stanne delivers as always but his vocal lines are just generic nowadays.

There is a very well written review on sputnikmusic that I recommend. Basically they got rid of all the things that were bad on the past few albums (post rock influences, shitty wanna-be thrashy riffs, boring midtempo parts etc), but what is left is still not in any way memorable. And these dudes are my favorite band, and have been for the past decade easily. Each "part" (song) has this pretty neat build up but just when you expect the build up to be resolved with some grandiose melody or aggressive outro (a la The Killjoy), you just end up with a shitty fadeout to a next part. Very anticlimactic.

Generally it lacks catchiness. Black metal parts here and there are neat but even that is generic meloblack at best.

6.5/10, maybe a 7 if we are generous.

what's a brolygon?

it's a polygon for brogressive metal.
You know; djent.

Old DT lyrics had this sort of off-kilter aspect to how they were constructed with regards to grammar and word choice. It sounds like a result of the author not having a complete grasp of English, but it was actually really nice instead of just goofy (see: Intestine Baalism).

What I'm saying is, Dark Tranquillity lyrics became worse as Stanne became better at speaking English.

And what is djent?

youtube.com/watch?v=qVmnH3xAoT8

That is true, but I am talking about just rhythical side of growling his words, not the lyrics alone.
Some of his finest work in that regard (and also lyrical to a degree) was on older tracks like Cornered, Fabric and Cathode Ray Sunshine. Tracks where you can really feel his voice cracking up and breaking out of his comfort zone.

can't stand:
>art has sci-fi themes but the music doesn't
>DUDE LENS FLARE LMAO
>instagram filters

love:
>fluffy-haired barbarian chicks with very little clothing
>M E D I E V A L artwork that's quaint as fuck
>memeworthy depictions of rape

yeah, pretty much

Will the algomeme ever stop being such a madman?

>what is djent
the worst thing to come out of metal since nu-metal
youtube.com/watch?v=JuxKCwd41VU

Reply to this post to pay your respects to BOLT THROWER amid their recent breakup.

W O R L D
E A T E R

INSIGNIFICANCE
IS OUR EXISTENCE

So we all know that djent is the nu-metal of the 2010s
what will be the nu-metal of the 2020s?

babymetal metalcore
kawaiicore

>kawaii metal
Still can't believe this gimmick took off and spawned a bunch of bands

youtube.com/watch?v=_-okRVwEvp0

kawaii is good
moe is shit
so it'll be moecore.

This ain't kawaii it's moeshit.

wow this is dreadful

no the microgenre's literally called kawaii metal

But it's not even kawaii...

I like Magma too

knobdjent
youtube.com/watch?v=zwG97ah0mEU

WELCOME
TO
NIPPON
URRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH

youtube.com/watch?v=M8-vje-bq9c

thus does djent go back to its dubstep roots

Thanks for the awesome album my dude

REMOVE MOESHITS
DEFEND KAWAII

ASHES
OF
THE DAMNED

I actually like ladybeard desu

>2:28

Wew fucking lad.

Sturm und Drang is their best album since AtPB.

so, the new Dark Tranquillity song sucks, I hope it's not representative of the album

A step in the right direction.I think they have finally found their footing again, the album was a strong 6, can't wait for future material.

I like black metal AND Deafheaven, fight me nerd.

Makes me pretty hype to be honest.

what is some good proto-death/black like this and Obsessed by Cruelty

Extreeeeeeeme

Unction.

Great fucking album. He was good live, with the old lineup.

Not really, that album's more like the I sideproject they had. Battles in the North is their best tho.

Legion's departure really upped Marduk several notches, latest couple albums were all great. And that EP, wew.

Pikachu???

what are you my fucking aunt

WITH YOUR WORLD IN RUINS
WHAT A PRICE TO PAY

for real just listen to everything from this period from south america it's perf

I am your uncle, but I can also be your daddy.

I've listened to some bands and most of them sound like cheap copies of Sepultura desu

Immolation make my balls heavy

I like it desu
The intro is better than chorus tho

I've tried to replay it quite a few times but it just comes off as a rejected "Damage Done" track, or something resembling their weakest album "We Are the Void"

It sounds like The Science of Noise 2.0

Jesus man what is with these pretentious track titles
01. Encircled
02. Atoma
03. Forward Momentum
04. Neutrality
05. Force Of Hand
06. Faithless By Default
07. The Pitiless
08. Our Proof Of Life
09. Clearing Skies
10. When The World Screams
11. Merciless Fate
12. Caves And Embers

they've always had pretentious titles

At least they are not cringeworthy like new In Flames track titles

they've got that part covered with their band name though

Are there any Neurosis albums that are worth listening to?

All of them except the first 2

>Dark Tranquillity
>they literally refer to their fans as friends of the Dark
Yeah,doesn't sound as cool as Jesterheads

they were also known as "Septic Broiler", they're really bad at naming stuff

Pretty sick, my good bud. Seconding your request for recommendations.

what's Meshuggah's best album?

Catch 33

what does "meshuggah" even mean?

It's the Hebrew word for madness.

did ancient Hebrews know about THALL?

Vildhjarta means wildheart

Who do you think is raking in all the money from it.

In our language whenever someone acts crazy they say he is meshuge

our alien overlords?
I mean djent is about space and all sorts of creepy scifi fuckery like gene engineering and brain reprogramming and stuff. But instead of showing us how horrible it is, djent presents it as cool and hip. Isn't that suspicious?

Is Deicide even worth a shit anymore?
I remember digging Stench of Redemption.

Let's start fresh lads. Happy Friday.

Who gonna get blackout drunk tonight?

Avantasia's Ghostlights was pretty alright

New Theocracy album upcoming so if this follows their last two it's going to be really good

is there a better way to spend a friday night than drinking jameson, smoking weed, and listening to metal?

Way too early faggot

So I'm trying to get into Avant Garde Black Metal, but I don't know of any band other than Manes and Fleurety. Any recs?

Russian trauma maybe?

Listening to good metal would be a better start.

what's some good metal?

Mirrorthrone, early Ulver, early Blut aus Nord, Deathspell Omega, Peste Noire, late Emperor and what Ihsahn recorded in his side and solo projects. You might also want to check out his wife's project Star of Ash. Solstafir might also pass for black metal, but that's really stretching it.

t. atmocuck

t. meathead

Slayer is shit.

Thank you good sir!

De Magia Veterum - The Divine Antithesis
Choronzon - Fiat Nox
Diapsiquir - Virus STN

That shit's a classic, bruh. Cut out something else

Why would I cute something else? That's the only album I have where I am consistently sad if a song from it plays while I'm on shuffle. I got it because I liked Karelian Isthmus and heard good things about it, but I just can't get into it.

Ved Buens Ende

Complexity =/= difficult technique

It's no wonder that metalheads don't have an unified word for compositional complexity because metalheads are fucking morons. Durr, how hard is it to play? Who gives a fuck nerd, go kill yourself.

>Brolygons

Somebody had to call this bullshit out.

>occult engraving with snakes and stylized fire

Ahh, but somebody called this out as well. They have a name for this stuff over at NWN, not dissimilar to how you have a name for "brolygons".