/p4k/ - Nightly Pitchfork Countdown Hypetrain Thread

Fellow Pitchfork patricians, it is once again the time for our nightly countdown for Pitchfork's new reviews to be updated on the site at 1am eastern time.
10.0?
0.0?
Best New Music?
Best New Reissue?
8.0+ with no BNM?
A shitty set of 7's and below?
Weird Al’s eternal BNM incoming hypetrain!
Noctourniquetcourtsney Barnett Review?
Ian FUCKIN' Cohen?
Ryan "THE TASTEMAKER" Dombal?
Jayson "8.7" Greene?
Brandon “Meme Metal” Stosuy? [retired]
Grayson "Grizzly" Currin?
Brian "Backup" Howe?
Mark "the elder statesman" Richardson?
Evan "IS GARAGE ROCK DEAD" Minsker?
Andy "secretly alpha" Beta?
Zoe "¡DALE!" Camp?
Philip "Electronic Wizard” Sherburne?
Stephen "M." Deusner?
Laura "Sun Kil Buffoon" Snapes?
Jenn "Best New Tastemaker" Pelly
Marc "Not Mark" Hogan
KRIS "Meme Rap" EX
Jillian "they don't love you like I love you" Mapes
Kevin "who needs TMT anyways" Lozano

Will someone dethrone Radiohead/Chance the Rapper’s 9.1 for AOTY?

OFFICIAL and accurate 2016 BNM Tally: 39
Nights since last BNM: 4

The most wonderful time of the night, every night, right now. Here it is, the nightly P4K thread. Time to get comfy.

>P4K Collection Rar (Over 300 deleted reviews, pics of every staff member)
mega.nz/#!l1ZlRbqb!WYbGuia29w1_fpg05XS3F9Rtb8aFfj8WzZg8Z3mbwRQ

>Tonight's Top Stories
-This thread stands with Kesha eternally
-Atrocity Exhibition gets its third BNT
-LCD Soundsystem curated festival gets cancelled
-This thread hypes and supports DIIV, Danny Brown, Bon Iver, and Steve Hauschildt.
-/p4k/ forever

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/news/68480-autechre-to-reissue-first-three-albums/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Atrocity Exhibition gets its third BNT
yeah this is at least gonna tie 9.1

in other warp news, so psyched about this:
pitchfork.com/news/68480-autechre-to-reissue-first-three-albums/

wonder if p4k will review the represses like they did with some of boc's?

This thread rejects the rape culture hysteria of Amber Coffman, Jessica Hopper, Ke$ha, Larkin Grimm, Meagan Garvey, Pitchfork, et al.

>p4k will review it

they barely touch shit that gets released on the flenser, theyre not out to look cool with the upcoming music people anymore

they'll probably review this though as word-of-mouth builds, and Fatnado reviewed it and he's even less obscure than p4k

*and he reviews less obscure music than even Pitchfork

yeah, and though fantano himself is far less obscure than p4k, p4k reviews way more obscure stuff than fantano does. their curation is far more inspired tb h (though it's partly because fantano is 1 person and p4k has a whole staff)

(not true, by the way)

the reason he reviewed it is because, like me, he follows the label, he also follows stones throw, and brainfeeder, and reviews most shit they release if it catches his interest, which is exactly how i found out about street sects months ago. the key part of that is p4k doesnt give a fuck about the flenser really, theyre not in the position to give a fuck either, if it does get reviewed, itll get a highly positive article and a 7.5-7.9 score

Dead Sara - Pleasure To Meet You 8.3 BNM

REMINDER:
/p4k/ owns
+@ were robbed
I miss the GOAT good content guy, who died,and is in hell.

Well I got bored and fucked with the OP

We might have passed the point where p4k might review it. I'm curious what review was posted the longest after the album dropped.

Most of the time they will release a review for an older album if it slipped through the cracks and they want to promote it.

And like the other guy said, if it gets reviewed it likely would get a positive (High 7, very low 8) review without BNM. It's off brand for pitchfork enough that I doubt they will try to push the album, but a random contributor might write something up.

The Elza Soares album they reviewed recently was released on October 2015.

thats because it was re-released in 2016

they also did this with get disowned by hop along klast year, they had a reissue and theyre so fucking not with the times anymore that it slipped through on its released in 2012 and bnr it

Yeah, but they gave it best new album rather than best new reissue.
It was probably only released outside of Brazil in 2016.

iirc quietus did the same thing - they didn't review it until 2016. i love to pile on p4k as much as anyone, but this is actually a rather common practice in music journalism, esp wrt more obscure releases from different countries

i know its common, shit gets big without publications, no matter how badly recieved it can be from whoever reviewed it at first

its just funnier and ready to be more harshly recied when p4k does it because theyve treated themselves as the defining source for the music world mainstream and below the surface for years and still do despite being clearly more boring, corporate, and safe

NIGHTLY RUNDOWN
Hamilton Leithauser / Rostam 8.3 BNM by Jillian Mapes
Local Natives 6.3 by Ryan Leas
Biosphere 7.6 by Brian Howe
Mykki Blanco 7.7 by Stacey Anderson

Local PANives

this just reminded me The Walkmen are probably on hiatus for good

first time i recognise all the artist names

i need meme rap somebody post meme rap

Nice BNM for Hamilton / Rostam. really digging that album

only want to listen to Rostam's album if the gay vibes are even stronger than on Contra. Can anyone confirm?

same, same

btw walkmen were so damn solid for so long

the last walkmen album was snubbed (no bnm), ham's solo record got a low 7, and his ep and joint album with paul maroon weren't reviewed. all very solid. but vampire rostam makes an album with him, and he's bnm???!!! end this meme. vampire weekend are dogshit.

?

Heaven got a BNM for sure.

The Walkmen were the most underrated band in terms of popularity of the 00s btw

haven't listened to this album but all of his stuff is gayer than VW