Le epic "Chopin is for plebs" meme xD

>Le epic "Chopin is for plebs" meme xD

fucking tired of all the circlejerking around Chopin being "not as good" as Liszt. He was miles above him in almost every way. Liszt's music is fucking loud and obnoxious, and although it is more technically challenging to perform, that's the only thing he has over Chopin. They're not even comparable.

I think liszt was a better composer but I enjoy playing chopin a lot more

Post in /classical/ you coward.
AFRAID TO GET MEMED ON?

Chopin wasn't a classical composer. That would just be shitposting.

>technically challenging

technically challenging != more musical

The thing is, Liszt actually cared about advancing formal structure and tonal harmony beyond current ideas. I prefer Chopin over Liszt but I think Liszt was the more important composer.

go to bed chopin

both liszt and chopin pale in comparison to Bach and Beethoven and the other actual masters.

More musical? What does that even mean? I hope you're baiting.

From Wikipedia
>Musicality (music-al-ity) is "sensitivity to, knowledge of, or talent for music" or "the quality or state of being musical", and is used to refer to specific if vaguely defined qualities in pieces and/or genres of music, such as melodiousness and harmoniousness.

That's the definition of the word ''musicality'', but that's not the word you used.

funeral march is the single most well known song in the history of the entire planet.

m8

>Musicality or "to be Musical"
Are you just trying to be retarded now

You said more musical.

Did you fail English or do I need to explain how adjectives work

>comparing Chopin and Liszt to Bach
>comparing across genres
>comparing Romantic Era music to Baroque Era music

Wew lad

Not necessarily. A piece of music being harder than another does mean that it's more musical a lot of the times, but not always. For example, compare Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata to Mily Balakirev's Islamey. Islamey is one of the most technically challenging piano pieces on the planet, almost universally unplayable, and any middle school piano player can perform Moonlight Sonata. But does that mean that Islamey is a better song or was written by a better composer? Not in this case. Just because a song is harder to play doesn't always mean that it's a better song or even more musical. You can have somebody play a B major scale at 300bpm and it would be more technically difficult than Moonlight, but lucky for us and all performers in the world, there's more to a piece than its playability.

t. scaruffi

>literally who

faggot

Isn't that exactly what I'm trying to say?

le chopin banane

you said
>harder = more musical
I said
>harder ≠ more musical

so no, that's not exactly what you were trying to say

Bruh, '!=' means 'does not equal'.

Thus thread is full of straight shitposts

Whoops. I thought that was just a mistype. Guess I need to lurk moar, huh?

Guess you don't really do programming eh?

nope.

Ahh oh well != is not equal.

You learn something new every day.