The Wild and Wacky World of Psychedelic Pop

Hey guys.

I wanna get into psych pop. I love this album, Syd Barrett's work, and some of newer Dan Deacon like When I Was Done Dying. Stuff that has a definite air of whimsy and childlike fun.

Any recs? MGMT is cool but lacks the young energy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HwzZflj9pjM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the unicorns, early of Montreal, the beach boys, the list goes fuckin on and on

Seconding the Beach Boys. For the psychedelic sound you definitely should be starting with SMiLE or Pet Sounds.

Shoulda mentioned Smiley Smile is one of my favorite albums

UMO, other Animal Collective releases (Maybe SJ or Water Curses), potentially Currents even though it's kinda meme status

why is Currents considered meme once again? honestly, it's the only tame impala record i can stand

If you EVER refer to neo-psychedelia and psychedelic pop as "The Wild and Wacky World of Psychedelic Pop" or anything else that sounds like a fucking ABC Family marathon EVER AGAIN, I will LITERALLY come down to your house and rip your anus out of your ass, DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR MOTHERFUCKER!?!?

because it's a popular album on this board

yikes!

yikes!

lol

>The Wild and Wacky World of Psychedelic Pop
The Wild and Wacky World of Psychedelic Pop is a better description for Painting With than neo psychedelia or psychedelic pop. It fucking sucks.

I WILL FUCKING RIP YOUR ANUS STRAIGHT FROM YOUR ASS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

>ass to ass

nah it's a unique and incredible pop album my dude

Listen to all of Dan Deacon, wtf. All of it is great. Bromst is his best.

Man Man might be something you like.

Connan Moccasin or however you spell it.

Dukes of Stratosphear / XTC
youtube.com/watch?v=HwzZflj9pjM

considering he implied that he wanted children's cartoon music I think that would be appropriate you autistic cringe fag flaming lips fan

Not sure that I'd call it psychedelic, but definitely Wild and Wacky pop

AP can get a little psychedelic sometimes. Worn Copy

Lel

My psychedelic pop album

totally echoing the ariel pink rec, specifically the earlier stuff. Connan Mockasin, Grandparents, flaming lips' earlier stuff. deerhunter obv...
but, check out 'another green world' by brian eno. specifically because you dig syd barrett

Holy Reddit Batman!

Alvin Band - Mantis Preying
Black Dice - Load Blown
The Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators

have fun op