Band is like "to hell with it, if we're going to end this, we're going to make it right"

>band is like "to hell with it, if we're going to end this, we're going to make it right"
>features Ringo's best song and two of George's finest tracks
>includes the most iconic album cover ever
>contains the true masterpiece that is the side b medley
>has mccartney's most powerful vocal performance
>has a song with all four singing at the same time (think it's the only song where they done it)
>it reprises a previous track in a very melancholic way bringing a tear to the eye and it's probably the most touching moment in rock history
>last song is called 'the end' which has absolutely amazing solo guitars and Ringo's only drum solo in his whole career
>concludes with a phrase which transmites the same message this amazing band has been giving since the very first day it started: love

Why isn't it the best album of all time again?

Rubber Soul had better songs

Aside from that, partly because classical music has been recorded

>Why isn't it the best album of all time again?

Pet Sounds exists.

when are people gonna get over this bland mundane overrated literal original dadrock?

because better albums exist

You're all wrong.

I don't think it's the best album of all time, but I don't fault you for thinking that.

It's definitely the best thing the Beatles put out though.

>buzzwords: the post

shut up, nerd

>Why isn't it the best album of all time again?
not as ~innovative~

Rubber Soul better and probably a better contender for best rock album

I'm glad someone shares the same opinion as me for carry that weight

anyone who feels emotional resonance for the medley (something every member but paul felt was contrived and shitty) is literally retarded

it's a pop band, getting emotional over that is like getting emotional over the ending of a one direction album

Lots of hipster faggots in this thread

This album is one of the greatest albums of all time

>"look at me, I'm so above this"
>"lol the fact that this means anything to you means you're literally retarded"

ooh, strawmanning

looks like i struck a nerve

i guess if your feelings are tickled by some cheesy forced shit like paul's gay little medley at the end, then they're bound to be tickled by some stranger on the internet making fun of you for being a huge faggot

erm

that's not strawmanning

quote where i said i was above anything

>comparing the beatles to one direction

ooh, edgy. Just discovered Cred Forums? The essentials are so great aren't they, there's so much more to music than the boring dadrock everyone loves!

that is not what strawmanning is. strawmanning implies an argument has been made - it hasn't

You need an argument between two points to strawman buddy

they aren't comparable to 1d except for the medley, it's literally a fan pleasing contrived shitpost in musical form that paul concocted that nobody else really cared about

ringo literally had to be coaxed into doing a solo, he didn't even want to do it

the definition of manufactured, designed to make the listener "feel" something and you literally fell for it almost 50 years later, well done

Why, because critics told you so?

hey scruffles

I'll never understand why people like the beatles so much
some of the most bland pop music ever
todd rundgren made way better music

>it's a pop band, getting emotional over that is like getting emotional over the ending of a one direction album

>weezer reaction img

wow what a shocker

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

You must be new here
Just because it's Cred Forums it doesn't mean you have to hate popular music, especially the Beatles

quote me where i said i hate the beatles

It's only comparable to Revolver and Pet Sounds if we're talking about 60s pop albums. Still, I find it amazing that they were able to put out such a masterpiece after the band had fallen apart.

Can you guys recommend some records as good as those three? Odessey And Oracle is pretty damn fine too.

this tbf

this is better, yes you are right

lads lets make more songs about sea animals

>it was made with the intention of making listeners feel emotional
>it succeeds, therefore is bad
wtf?

>Beatles '65
>Released in December 1964

bravo

Literally name one album

This thread is one big meme right? Please tell me no one listens to this dad rock shit

Honestly the Beatles are now granddad rock

If someone was someone was 18 when the Beatles released their first album they would be 71 years old now

John>Paul>>>>>Ringo>George

time to grow up kid

I Want You (She's So Heavy) is the best thing John ever did, it's so great.

George > John > Paul > Ringo

weezer is the worst part of mu core

worse than captain beefheart

>Honestly the Beatles are now granddad rock
Maybe if you hang out with exclusively teenagers