Why do people think that Madvillainy is better than MM..Food?

Why do people think that Madvillainy is better than MM..Food?

I hope you realize 90% of the people who have listened to Madvillainy are people who saw it on Cred Forums or reddit and didn't bother to listen to other stuff. Also I think Madvillainy's better anyway.

Madlib

Because they have ears

Because it is. The problem with mm food are the 5 back to back skits that kill the pacing of that album. Still a good album but madvillainy is miles better. If u disagree ur gay :))

fucking savage..

I first preferred mm.food over madvillainy but I think I overplayed the shit out of my mm..food lp so yeah I am slowly turning on the madvillainys side

This.

And this to a much lesser extent.

I just enjoy the production on madvillainy far more. DOOMs bars are stellar on both and not saying the production on mm..food wasn't good, I just think it was better on madvillainy. and I love madlib, so i guess im bias idk two great albums though

Madvillainy's production is more colourful, and the first half of Beef Rapp is a bit flat

All the skits on MM... Food can get old fast.

DOOM's flow on Madvillainy is much better than on MM...Food.

You don't "get" DOOM until Madvillainy clicks for you.

After several listens, the skits become unbearable. And Madlibs production shits all over the really good but nothing too special production on MM...Food
I really dig MM...Food tho and it was the first thing I've heard from him

I mean I probably prefer MM..Food, but I admit that Madvillainy is better.

>I'm bad at explaining my musical taste so I just give up

Wildstyle is 'a bit flat'

you fucking cunt

don't mind me just an underrated masterpiece coming through

Nah man, I just prefer Mm..food because I very subjectively enjoy the beats more, but in terms of if an objective rating could be possible for both albums, I'd rate Madvillainy better because of Doom's on fucking fleek lyricism in Midvillainy and Madlib's production is quite interesting as well.

God-tier production

Op here.

Guess I can see why people would get tired of the skits, although having listened to it on loop for the better part of two months, I never did. I think the fact that they mostly come from old cartoons makes them really charming and enjoyable to hear, especially since they usually have beats playing over them, too.

I'll have to listen to Madvillainy a few more times because nothing on it ever caught my attention the way almost every track on MM..Food and The Mouse and the Mask does.

best doom album coming through

Yeah you just described me

Because it is, but Danger is Doom's GOAT

6 minutes of skits in the middle of the album take an otherwise 9 down to an 8

Madlib's incredible production makes an otherwise 9 into a 10

this.

This and Vaudeville Villain are both super underrated and better than anything out under the MF DOOM alias, neither can compete with Madvillainy

Hey that's not VV

Also the skits on Mm...Food are pretty unbearable, but it has some of my favorite tracks from him. He was hilarious on some of the verses in Mm...Food.

I really wish DOOM didn't think it was ok to put out an album with only a handful of verses on it. It's not like he has some delusions about his brilliant production skills being superior to his rapping, he's just a lazy fuck that knows he can get away with it. Fazers is probably his best track and it's one of like three verses on the entire Geedorah record from him.

Just cut your output in half and make the albums twice as good.

Most underrated DOOM album I'd say

this

The skits can easily get boring on relistens

I still love it because it's the album that really sold me on DOOM