How to stop tinnitus?

How to stop tinnitus?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2yDCox-qKbk
amazon.com/Alpine-Hearing-Protection-MusicSafe-Musicians/dp/B0032BYCWG
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Take both hands and place them palm over your ears, making a gentle seal. Have your fingers wrap around the back of your head so that your middle fingers are pointing towards each other.

Now, press your forefinger from each hand into the top of your middle finger and snap it down from your middle finger onto your head. Basically clicking your fingers in a weird way.

It makes a slightly funny kinda loud sound in your head. Repeat at least 50 times, and then.... if it's worked for you....enjoy a few minutes of bliss

youtube.com/watch?v=2yDCox-qKbk
video demonstration

Doesn't work.

>not taking care of your ears

fucking pleb

holy moly it actually worked

Hard to take care of your ears at school when some cunt keeps slapping your ears over and over and the teacher just sits and watches.

How do you snap your fingers like that?
I can't even snap my fingers normally. ;_;

Do you guys remember what you were doing when you first heard the tinnitus ringing?

nope, i think i've had it since forever
i remember that in elementary school i got asked by some doc if i hear any ringing in my ears when it's quiet. i did hear it, but i said that i didn't, don't know why i did that

Pretty sure mine was after a concert and it just never went away

i got tinnitus from getting hit in the head very hard

shit sucks i had perfect hearing prior

Listening to pic related for the first time.
Almost ruined the album for me; couldn't listen to it for years afterwards.

That sucks, how did you get hit in the head?
I thought my hearing was fine, but when I went to the doctors after I got tinnitus, they said I must have had hearing loss in the higher frequencies for my whole life
>tfw I've been hearing things differently from other people all along

fucking attack him you fat piece of shit and stand up for yourself, even if you get the shit kicked out of you

>stand up for yourself
Yeah, I tried that and ended up being made to stand in a corridor on my own for a year and a half. Child abuse is child abuse, stop blaming the victim.

Wow user, you're so cool and tough~

I've gotten it a few times but it always went away after a few days.

Wear ear protection at all times senpai. My band started using in ear monitors at practice and they've saved my ears so much, especially when we play in such a small space.

>tfw doctor confirmed you have slightly diminished hearing in left ear

It's gonna drive me mad knowing my hearing is *almost* perfect, but everything will be slightly *off* through headphones from now on. I'm too autistic not to care about these things.

Taking a shit

Swans concert

It only worked for a few seconds but still, thank you user. You've taught me something new today.

im absolutely terrified of this, as someone who plans on going into professional studio engineering... how am i gonna mix shytt in stereo if my ears aren't equal?

were you wearing plugs? how far away were you from the speakers? i'm thinking of going, but really don't want to damage my ears

DO NOT DO THIS
This will end up damaging your nerves and tinnitus will get much worse after a while
You fucking dinguses fall for every single meme from Cred Forums?

better than suicide fampai

you have high blood pressure

I'm an Otolaryngologist and I can 100% guarantee that this is completely safe to do and will cause no damage whatsoever

I'm seeing more and more people wearing those super neat musicians earplugs at shows. It doesn't block the treble like normal plugs and the sound quality is actually pretty good. Normal plugs make me feel like I'm underwater. Definitely worth the 10 bucks, tinnitis sucks

literal cuck

these things?

amazon.com/Alpine-Hearing-Protection-MusicSafe-Musicians/dp/B0032BYCWG

yea, I got the Etymotic ones, they seemed kinda loose when I first wore them but it's just because it doesnt really sound like youre wearing plugs. Didnt have tinnitis that night compared to like 4 days of post-concert tinnitis before I got them

holy shit i got it after seeing them play this.

It's Richey's ghost haunting our ears.

Could be dude, I am pretty fit, but I can hear my heart beating very clearly after getting winded, it's like knocking in my head.

literally (mentally) 13 years old.

That's probably the actual age of the guy in school getting bullied

Ears didn't pop in time swimming to the bottom of a pool, must've been dehydrated. That was when I was like 6.

Holy shit it worked.

I didn't wear any plugs and I was about 10-15 metres from the speakers. It was an outdoor concert so it didn't seem bad while I was there but afterward the ringing just wouldn't stop

I'm actually trying to develop a hearing aid for people with tinnitus at the moment, that will completely mask the ringing (it wont actually stop the vibration or cure the tinnitus, once you take the hearing aid out, the ringing will continue). I'm sure others have had the same idea that I have.

I can't snap my fingers like that

I've had it for as long as I can remember, I don't really notice it now

every dad should tell their son to attack bullies no matter what because it's better than wishing you kicked so and so's ass the rest of your life

>How to stop tinnitus?
Hang yourself

Mind if I ask how loud/ noticable the ringing is? Like, if you're in your room at night with no electronics running, how noticeable is it?

I'm not sure if I have tinnitus or if I'm just having delusions. If I try to hear ringing at night I kind of hear something, but I don't know if it's just ambient noise or tinnitus

Varies a lot for me. There's definitely a psychological element to it, and stress can cause it.
>If I try to hear ringing at night I kind of hear something
This is basically what it's normally like for me these days, save for some rare times where it flares up and becomes annoying.

Basically, don't think about it, you're better off. But maybe get your hearing tested, because it may be a sign of hearing loss.

I'm gonna see my doctor about it soon, it's driving me nuts. I don't actually hear anything, but because i'm thinking about it my brain 'hears' a ringing, in the same way that if you think of a song you know, you can 'hear' it in your head