/grimes/

Discuss the talented and lovely Canadian artist Claire Boucher (aka Grimes).

Leave your opinion on her music.
- How and when did you find out about her?
- Rank/rate her albums and post your favorite Grimes songs.
- Did you see her live? Do you plan to?
- Who would you like to see her collab with?

Flowcharts: imgur.com/a/iQk79
Download rarities: reddit.com/r/Grimes/comments/4g84rl/grimes_downloads_various_rare_collaborations/
Read this: genius.com/Grimes-i-dont-want-to-have-to-compromise-my-morals-in-order-to-make-a-living-annotated

Try to keep it music related, and be nice to Grimes!

Other urls found in this thread:

itunes.apple.com/us/post/idsa.b41516e2-599c-11e6-9cab-10198ba63a1f
youtube.com/watch?v=k8UZmYE2Ndw
soundcloud.com/grimes-claireboucher-tumblr-com/grimes-interview-norway-feb-29-2016
pastebin.com/j52MhKzN
clyp.it/ssf0xkpf
vimeo.com/43911246
youtube.com/watch?v=vfc42Pb5RA8
youtube.com/watch?v=2eX06z2VY3o
youtube.com/watch?v=nVBjV2w19jc
nerdist.com/rock-out-with-ian-mcgintys-welcome-to-showside-playlist-exclusive/
soundcloud.com/seli8/grimes-on-art-community-living-in-the-woods-on-arvos-with-chris-twite
soundcloud.com/grimes-claireboucher-tumblr-com/sets/grimes-interviews
soundcloud.com/seli8/grimes-and-majical-cloudz-bbc
youtube.com/watch?v=Tv9YoYCKNoE
youtube.com/watch?v=xik-y0xlpZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=vGZMvV9KBp8
allmusic.com/artist/madonna-mn0000237205/discography
hotpress.com/Grimes/music/interviews/Some-Like-It-Haute/8926384.html
youtu.be/FJ5XUw4qHZo
baeblemusic.com/musicblog/1-19-2016/is-grimes-the-true-spiritual-successor-to-david-bowie.html
nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/grimes-glastonbury-set-proved-bowie-and-prince-s-maverick-spirit-lives-on
papermag.com/grimes-jimmy-fallon-flesh-without-blood-1778648997.html
undertheradarmag.com/interviews/2014_artist_survey_owen_pallett/
stereogum.com/1865746/grimes-electrocuted-onstage-in-dublin/video/
youtube.com/watch?v=xBJ-LPPcAqw
youtube.com/watch?v=S8ziCj2PEHw
nylon.com/articles/grimes-it-girls
instagram.com/p/BKxEf2AgkRZ
youtube.com/watch?v=5HRjxgodn3k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

legitimately one of the worst musicians ever

Have seen her live and definitely would see her again if I could (within reason)
Would try to be there earlier to be full front and center

Legitimately one of the worst comments ever. You couldn't even be bothered to use proper spelling or punctuation.

What is the purpose of your comment?

hey guys I heard that grimes isn't working on new music? did she quit the game?

No. Grimes always works on new music and she has a lot of unreleased music. Lately she's editing some music videos that were supposed to be out this month.

I heard she was joining the WNBA though?

WNBA? It was about UFC (fighting). I think she was joking. And even if she would really do that, I highly doubt she will leave the music scene for good.

she lights my fire

Primary sources are your friend, Anons.
itunes.apple.com/us/post/idsa.b41516e2-599c-11e6-9cab-10198ba63a1f

gromes

so we have 1 week until september ends

will we get the videos?

Maybe not this month but the next one. Grimey is a perfectionist, she will not release anything she doesn't like.

she released realiti

6R1M3$

She likes Realiti. I don't get your point.

she was perplexed by how fans went rabid over it, wasn't she?

It's pretty sad that Saturn Princess will remain forever an obscurity... Why, Grimes? ;_;

youtube.com/watch?v=k8UZmYE2Ndw

Ugly untalented indie whore.

I really enjoy her music.

It's a shame she can't be discussed here without waifufagging or edgelords who hate anything remotely popular (and female)

rude and not true

That's right. What she thought it was just a silly pop song turned out to be an amazing song beloved by millions of people. I bet all my money she has a lot of gems hidden on her computers...

how can any woman or man hope to compete with eyebrows of that magnitude

god damn

So, you dare to post that shit on /grimes/ and expect applauses? What the hell you were thinking?

I bet later you will complain like a bitch that "Grimes fans are so annoying, man!". Look yourself in a mirror and you'll see the answer: you're a piece of shit.

Will she ever do a collab with James? Or make a song for him?

art angels sounds very influenced by his music.

Should I listen to James's music? Is it worth it?

its pretty good.

Remember to lurk around some Cred Forums boards for a fee months before actually posting in one new friend.

i didn't like it

Stop embarrassing yourself, user.

Only Elite Gymnastics.

Under what name is his music? Elite Gymnastics, I think?

Lol - if only you knew who you're talking to (in the context of these threads - not necessarily the world in general.)

Default Genders and Elite Gymnastics.

Magical Pessimism is pretty good.

Btw for those curious about the production history on Realiti - I just stumbled on this:
soundcloud.com/grimes-claireboucher-tumblr-com/grimes-interview-norway-feb-29-2016

sick.

Thanks user. Love her warm voice.

Post interviews other than the 92 link multimedia interview list and the soundcloud playlist please

>tfw I actually like his music

Qt :3

Listening now to Geidi Primes. Such a lovely album. More albums like this one (besides her other albums)?

You mean the 172 others I collected?
pastebin.com/j52MhKzN

Do all Canadians look like this?

The little synth solo on Rosa is fantastic: clyp.it/ssf0xkpf

Yes.

she's American now, she doesn't like Canada any more

She's really cute except for those crows feet.

please stop making fun of her

It's hard not to make fun of her when she looks like an anorexic chimpanzee

You wish you were as thin as Grimes, fatty.

You're a mean dumbass. She's beautiful, like it or not. She featured on fashion magazines, so your point is invalid.

Grimes!

Too bad no one reads magazines anymore.

Well, actually they might be popular in third world countries that have no access to modern technology.

>Too bad no one reads magazines anymore.
You took that out of your ass?

No but pic related looks like something that would come out of my ass

You had Grimes in you, asshole?

she is objectively cute.

source?

Yeah, I had some bad poutine while I was in Halifax and that thing came out

vimeo.com/43911246

You ate Grimes, asshole?

I don't think so, I think she was born as a result of food poisoning, I'm not a cannibal

She looks like a rat

Hey retard, it's time to fuck off. This is not your playground, you fucking piece of shit. Get the fuck out of here, chimpanzee.

>skrillex is probably my favourite musician right now

Holy shit you guys are major fags

if you dont like us, leave the thread

qft

Wow - what an asshole you must be.

And that was your contribution ITT, shitposting, you fag? Go suck elsewhere.

>Get the fuck out of here, chimpanzee
You seem to be under the impression that I am Grimes seeing how you called me a chimp, you are wrong however, I'm not even Canadian or a bad musician.

grimes is an american virtuoso
so basically you just outed yourself, grimes.

>Attempting to troll a Grimes thread on /mu
Wow. How edgy.

Haters can't even make up good insults/bait anymore.

You're not a Canadian, but you're still a chimpanzee. Prove me wrong, asshole.

When is Gromes gonna try acting? I'd like to see her in a movie someday.

what would you do if grimes broke up with james and started dating misha

Who is Misha?

youtube.com/watch?v=vfc42Pb5RA8

Bump

Do you think she would be a good actress?

youtube.com/watch?v=2eX06z2VY3o
youtube.com/watch?v=nVBjV2w19jc

To my knowledge she's turned down at least one voice-acting gig already due to her intensive songwriting binges. So my best guess is when she gets bored with spending all of her time creating new music (assuming that ever happens.)

>she's turned down at least one voice-acting gig already
Forgot to include my source on this:
nerdist.com/rock-out-with-ian-mcgintys-welcome-to-showside-playlist-exclusive/

creatives love grimes' work. artists of all kinds adore her.

I don't know, but I would like to see if she is.

their should be grimes flavored hard candy

Maybe a special kind of actress. The kind that likes to express her secrets. :^)

What would that taste like?

cinnamon and gasoline

Ever since I noticed Grimes' lisp in the Realiti music video I can hear it in the song.

I don't mind, though.

snozberries

Fresh (early 2016) Grimes:
soundcloud.com/seli8/grimes-on-art-community-living-in-the-woods-on-arvos-with-chris-twite

ART ANGELS PART 2 CONFIRMED FOR NOT GUARANTEED?

DAMN...

enjoy this treasure trove

soundcloud.com/grimes-claireboucher-tumblr-com/sets/grimes-interviews

soundcloud.com/seli8/grimes-and-majical-cloudz-bbc

so it's now confirmed that the barely visible tattoo above her elbow is a skull.

There's all kind of deep grimes lore in these interviews...

well i guess we can freely talk about her fb now that it's been closed for like a month already?
not that there's that much to talk about

DEEP BLUE

i hope our grimey is sleeping well

She isnt

why ;_;

Do any of my fellow Grimesfags/Voignamirians use Apple Music? What do you think of the new version? I hated it t b h

Whats apple music? I use iTunes but haven't updated it since 2014 or so.

It's Apple's version of Spotify, I'd say it's mostly the same but the new update it's really ugly and took out some features. I kinda wanna go back to Spotify but I actually really like the radio shows on Apple Music.

Oh, I haven't jumped on the streaming bandwagon yet. Seems like everyone's doing it now.

That's cool. I hope she will act at least in one film.

bump

Well, there's always that Lord of the Rings level epic film series adaptation of the Dune novels she plans to direct when she's fifty to look forward to.

somebody explain the appeal of AA to me
really big grimes fan but this album just does nothing for me

scream
kill v.maim
pin
realiti

are the only songs I enjoy. rest just seem flat and mood shifters like grimes did for me on visions.Seriously that album always makes me happy

Develop a taste for dance, upbeat electropop and alternative rock first. After that listen to AA again.

could you give me some examples of those three?

>alternative rock
why? he already enjoys the only somewhat rock song on the album

I don't see Flesh Without Blood and Artangels on his list. These songs definitely have an alt rock vibe.

Don't do what he said , that's stupid
You like the rawest songs from entire album and her older stuff, it must be banal, but just keep listening to it, this thing will click without any preparations

>rest just seem flat and mood shifters like grimes did for me on visions.Seriously that album always makes me happy
I don't get it. So, the rest seem flat and mood shifters like Visions, an album that makes you happy? Then why do you complain about if they make you happy?

I was talking about Pin, guitars on this songs are the noisier and more intense than on any other song

sorry was a typo. I meant its not mood shifters like visions :(
i'll keep trying :)

>fwb
>artangels
>rock

OK. The rest is great too, you just have to keep listening to it. Just curious: how many times did you listen to Art Angels?

Fuck off back to encyclopedia dramatica newfag

Yeah. The guitars and the bass are prominent. Do you hear them?

12 so far.
but I've listen too realiti over 100 times

And still not getting those other songs after so many listens? I think you should listen to AA in a year or something, maybe your taste will change in meantime.

>artangels
literally one guitar loop that sounds like the one from madonna's ray of light, it's known that she likes that album

>fwb
sounds like a typical pop song, guitars are too soft to make this song a rock song

nope. But i'll take your advice and take a break :)

>guitars are too soft
They're heavier than U2, The Cure and Coldplay guitars, ffs.

>literally one guitar loop that sounds like the one from madonna's ray of light, it's known that she likes that album
Still rock. I'm not saying the song is purely rock, but it has a strong rock influence. There's a genre for that: alternative dance.

>there is a guitar on the song, so it's rock

yeah, right
and bass is obvioulsy not synths

>literally one guitar loop
can you hear anything apart from a guitar?

>typical pop song
like what? any examples?

never seen a grimes fan being this deluded
you're an embarassment

Your comment is complete bullshit. Explain your position, you embarassing idiot.

>They're heavier than U2, The Cure and Coldplay guitars, ffs.
not true btw

>Still rock
>madonna is also a rock musician

>can you hear anything apart from a guitar?
synth, samples, a regular pop beat

>like what? any examples?
madonna is the most obvious one

>madonna is the most obvious one
i need an exact example of a song which sounds like fwb

>regular pop beat
it's harder and more groovy that regular pop beat

>not true btw
So this song youtube.com/watch?v=Tv9YoYCKNoE has softer guitars than this one youtube.com/watch?v=xik-y0xlpZ0 or this one youtube.com/watch?v=vGZMvV9KBp8 ? I mean, really?

Yes. She has some rock songs, like Ray of Light.

>sounds like a typical pop song, guitars are too soft to make this song a rock song
There are shitloads of rock songs with softer guitars than FWB. Look at the definition of rock music, it doesn't say anything about how loud the guitar should be:

>Rock music is a genre of popular music that originated as "rock and roll" in the United States in the 1950s, and developed into a range of different styles in the 1960s and later, particularly in the United Kingdom and the United States. It has its roots in 1940s' and 1950s' rock and roll, itself heavily influenced by blues, rhythm and blues and country music. Rock music also drew strongly on a number of other genres such as electric blues and folk, and incorporated influences from jazz, classical and other musical sources.

>Musically, rock has centered on the electric guitar, usually as part of a rock group with electric bass guitar and drums. Typically, rock is song-based music usually with a 4/4 time signature using a verse-chorus form, but the genre has become extremely diverse. Like pop music, lyrics often stress romantic love but also address a wide variety of other themes that are frequently social or political in emphasis. The dominance of rock by white, male musicians has been seen as one of the key factors shaping the themes explored in rock music. Rock places a higher degree of emphasis on musicianship, live performance, and an ideology of authenticity than pop music.

All that applies to FWB. It has electric guitar, it has bass, it has drums, it has autheticity (made only one person), it has emphasis on musicianship and live performance.

I'm not into madonna that much, I just compared guitars on Art Angels to ones in Madonna's music, Ray of Light for example
there's really nothing special about Flesh without Blood, it's just a regularly enjoyable pop song with guitars in the mix

I can't see anything special about this beat, the best part of the song is clearly samples she made, and that catchy guitar loop, tho I agree that her beats are not monotonous, but even on that album there'reh arder and more groovy beats, artangels is not a good example of it, kvm is

>I mean, really?
yeah, you better check your ears

>>madonna is also a rock musician
>Yes
I'm just gonna stop replying you now, I liked Ray of Light, but this is some new level of delusion
one guitar loop in the mix =/= it's a rock song

>he trusts wiki when it comes to genre of an album

>there's really nothing special about Flesh without Blood, it's just a regularly enjoyable pop song with guitars in the mix
Really? I never heard a similar song to it. Could you name one?

>yeah, you better check your ears
They're working fine. I could hear sounds up to 20kHz.

>Yes
>I'm just gonna stop replying you now, I liked Ray of Light, but this is some new level of delusion
>one guitar loop in the mix =/= it's a rock song
One guitar loop? There are lots of variations, dude. The most prominent one in the bridge of the song. That loop also is driving the song, it's not in background. Did you hear the rest of the elements, the drums, the bass, the singing, etc? Your definition of rock is fucked up. Nowhere in the definition of rock music is mentioned that if the riff is looped it's not a rock song anymore. Prove me wrong.

Yes. Wikipedia is not written by one person and there are references for almost anything. And the important articles like that one for Rock be sure they were analysed to death for any error.

If you know a better resource, name one, don't be a contrarian for the sake of it.

>don't be a contrarian for the sake of it
But user, we're on the internet.

>Like AA but otherwise don't care about Grimes that much
>Have been hearing Madonna called rock/pop rock since the 90's
>Even I can tell that dissenting user is just being a fag for the fuck of it and isn't worth replying to

allmusic.com/artist/madonna-mn0000237205/discography

Do you see Pop/Rock here?

coldplay is a legit pop group tho

>still not naming a better resource than Wikipedia
RYM perhaps? Or that isn't good too because it's modified by users?

>pop and rock are in the same category

what a shitty website

these threads are legitamitley the worst cancer this board has ever seen

its not even close

I'm just gonna go ahead and give you the (You) because you seem like you really need it.

I hope you get back on your feet soon, user.

can you elaborate, or it's just another bait?

Uh ok thanks sure
These threads are populated by a bunch of unashamedly newfaggot redditors who unironicly use emoticons like :D and make pokemon references. Grimes was one of the most hated artists around here for years because of her shitty music and annoying in yo' face SJW personality. She's called us disgusting on Twitter before. She doesn't like us and we don't like her. And to act like there was some kind of population of grimes fans lurking here the whole time is just a fucking joke, enjoying grimes is like, MILES away from something that this board, generally speaking, would do. And yeah yeah I know "Cred Forums isnt hivemind" blah blah blah but to take it to the point where you think we need to have general threads for a tumblrcore artist that most of us have hated for years? I'm sorry but that's the line. It's an affront to anyone who gives two quarters of a shit about this board.

The only thing I can think of that has been close to the level of cancer as grimes threads was Lazare, and considering he was a synth pop fan I wouldnt be suprised if he was behind this shit 2bh

>music discussion
>cancer
No user, the cancer is you. You're the fuckwit that shitposts here instead staying on topic. Where is your actual contribution to make this thread better? What the fuck you're doing here if you don't want to discuss about the artist Grimes (the trhead is about her)? Fuck off.

I'm gonna use this post as copypasta from now on. Thanks mate.

>She's called us disgusting on Twitter before.
she never told that
you are probably confusing her with lavren

>She doesn't like us and we don't like her.
not true
grimes loves us and we love her too

She just realised she's shit

>Where is your actual contribution to make this thread better?
Dude this is a GRIMES THREAD. The only thing that would "make it better" is a pruning.
Please do. I mean I'll probably be posting a lot of similar shit in grimes threads anyway so thanks for doing my job for me. It'll be a great way to remind you faggots as to why exactly everyone here hates you and why you need to leave.

(You)

one more (You) for retard

I'm not sure what to do here - what does your mom normally do when you have a tantrum? Do you want a hug?

>I'm not sure what to do here
Discuss the talented and lovely Canadian artist Claire Boucher (aka Grimes) or GTFO.

no ill stay just to remind you of what an annoying cancerous piece of shit you are

grow the fuck up, no one cares about your shitty opinion

>Archetypally Canadian, for all the fashion world dazzle surrounding her, in person Boucher is sweet and grounded. She certainly doesn’t seem nearly as obsessed with the pursuit of ‘cool’ as many of those championing her. Otherwise, would she so readily admit to being a fan of the Garbo-esque Irish songstress Enya? “She’s a big influence,” she says. “That sound of hers – the layered vocals – is actually really unique. If you think about it, she invented a totally new way of recording. You have a vocal onto which you put all these overdubs. I take that sensibility and put big fucking beats underneath.”
hotpress.com/Grimes/music/interviews/Some-Like-It-Haute/8926384.html

Is that actually going to happen? Did she say that?

>populated by a bunch of unashamedly new
Yes - since apparently you weren't around to get the memo, I'll full you in on the details. Since more than half a year ago /mu's general demographics have shifted to include a significant number of genuine Grimes fans (like me) with a shared interest in honestly discussing her and her music.
>who unironicly use emoticons like :D
Are you trying to be ironic here? Because if not...

>She doesn't like us and we don't like her.
That's okay - we don't like hate-filled political-agenda driven trolls like you either.

>enjoying grimes is like, MILES away from something that this board, generally speaking, would do.
Yes - back in ye goode olde when trolls like you were the dominant force. That time has passed. I highly suggest coming to terms with this fact sooner rather than later - it will be a lot less unpleasant for you.

Not cancer, user, evolution - production of new cells with properties outside the design parameters for the cells they are meant to replace. Get with the program, user. Creatures that refuse to evolve die.

>Trolling in a Grimes thread
Lol how edgy.

>Since more than half a year ago /mu's general demographics have shifted to include a significant number of genuine Grimes fans (like me) with a shared interest in honestly discussing her and her music.
Ok? So you're admitting that you're a bunch of cancerous newfags who have no place here? Like seriously, where the fuck do you get off just openly admitting "yeah haha we're new here we're just coming into your board and derailing all discussion that you've been having here for the past 4 years and realigning all your priorities as we see fit." Like holy shit, do you not realize what you're doing? In what scenario do you look at yourself and think "yeah wow I'm totally not a an actual piece of shit nuisance to these people."
>political-agenda driven
Excuse me? Like, if I don't like grimes that means I'm a Trump voter basically? Ok. Well first of all you'll be pleased to know that I didn't vote Trump in the primary and I won't be voting for him in the general. Not that my political beliefs are relevant AT ALL, I don't like grimes because her music is very bad. I'm motivated by the fact that her music is bad.
>back in ye goode olde when trolls like you were the dominant force.
back when people with taste were the dominant force
>That time has passed. I highly suggest coming to terms with this fact sooner rather than later - it will be a lot less unpleasant for you.
No, see, this is what I'm talking about, this is what you're not understanding. Some of us here actually, y'know, care about this board. We've been posting here for years, because the discussions are engaging if unhinged, and likewise we actually care about the quality of posts. Unironically enjoying grimes, like to the point you're going full fanboy and invading our other threads with your bullshit artist, is so flagrantly contrary to the way our shitty little board culture has been here for years. You people are actually, literally vile.

>he typed all this

Is this Grimes thing a joke, like is this the Banana Peel meme of Cred Forums I listened to this album and it sucked... help me out here, what song got you into Grimes, maybe I'm not hearing it? [Serious]

>[Serious]
Yeah I don't believe you.

I'm a metalhead and even I wound up liking Art Angels. If you don't like Grimes I can only assume that, either the genre simply isn't for you, or you're one of these typical quasi-intellectual elitist fuckwads that populate this board.

There's no sense in quantifying and qualifying it; you like it or you don't.

well shit, I guess this thing isnt a joke then, im gonna try this again, whats best song

>whats best song
I dunno. Realiti is my favorite.

You're just a dumbass. Do you really think you can stop these threads, faggot? Try it, he he he he!

Alright cool, its just not my thing, Grimes & kpop is going in the filter, not shitting on the parade just exiting out

What music do you usually listen to? Her music is pretty diverse, Art Angels is a one-off. Still I don't get why you don't like this EXTREMELY catchy album. I mean, there are shitloads of hooks on it, what's not to like?

Before exiting, at least listen to Visions. It's much more dreamy and synthy than Art Angels.

No - you're absolutely right. Her music can be very difficult to get into because of how genuinely alien it is in terms of form when compared to most any other music that sounds the least bit like it. You've got to find the specific record/track of hers that most appeals to your existing sense of taste in order to really get a good idea of whether her stuff appeals to you or not.

For me (as a classically trained musician and composer) that turned out to be a live rendition of her song Symphony IX (My Wait is U) youtu.be/FJ5XUw4qHZo because of the way the instrumental parts in that song are (unsurprisingly, given the name I suppose) intricately layered in a similar fashion to how classical composers layer the instrumental parts in symphonic music. There's actually a chart - created my mois - linked in the OP that aims to help new listeners by giving them an idea of which of her records to try first based on their existing musical tastes.

What kinds/genres of music do you normally listen to?

>being mad that people are enjoying her music
>stop liking what I hate
How much deluded and fucked up you must be? It doesn't fucking matter if her music is tumblrcore or whatever. If people are enjoying her music, what the fuck is your problem? Are you mad because /grimes/ is like an enclave in this shithole? Stay mad asswipe, you can't stop us.

I liked this post wrote by an user so I'm posting it again:

The thing is - apart from being the Björk of her generation - Grimes is also the David Bowie of her generation:
baeblemusic.com/musicblog/1-19-2016/is-grimes-the-true-spiritual-successor-to-david-bowie.html

And the Prince of her generation:
nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/grimes-glastonbury-set-proved-bowie-and-prince-s-maverick-spirit-lives-on

And the Beethoven of her generation:
papermag.com/grimes-jimmy-fallon-flesh-without-blood-1778648997.html

And - perhaps most aptly imo - the Kurt Cobain of her generation:
undertheradarmag.com/interviews/2014_artist_survey_owen_pallett/

All of which is to say that, with so many apt comparisons to be made between Grimes and such a diverse list of musical luminaries, the only real conclusion you can make is that she must also share in the one thing that all these other people had in common - raw talent.

>It's a newfag pretends he's an oldfag episode
omg you're fucking pathetic for caring this much about the state of your chinese cartoon website.

Hit the nail on the head. was completely BTFO.

Grimes is awesome.

If she were born 2000+ years ago her name would have the suffix of "the great" and she'd be immortalized in actions that reverberated throughout the world.

And yes, that's even taking into account how shitty it was to be a woman back then.

>implying she was not actually born 2000+ years ago
>implying she is not immortal

the god emperor of mankind is actually Grimes

at the end of the 2050s she will preserve all posters in this thread until the year 21,000AD (the year Dune takes place, no less), where she will awaken us and augment us to be her thunder warriors who will unite Earth under her banner.

What will Grimes do when she turns 30?

Heil Boucher!

Still procrastinating releasing a follow up to Art Angels.

On a scale from 0 to 10, how great is Grimes in your opinion?

Where does all this Grimes OC come from?

Claire, get up and stop messing about, that floor is nasty!

Why is she not a 10?

She will be winning UFC events one after another.

human digit scale can't represent true level of her greatness

These threads are populated by a bunch of unashamedly newfaggot redditors who unironicly use emoticons like :D and make pokemon references. Grimes was one of the most hated artists around here for years because of her shitty music and annoying in yo' face SJW personality. She's called us disgusting on Twitter before. She doesn't like us and we don't like her. And to act like there was some kind of population of grimes fans lurking here the whole time is just a fucking joke, enjoying grimes is like, MILES away from something that this board, generally speaking, would do. And yeah yeah I know "Cred Forums isnt hivemind" blah blah blah but to take it to the point where you think we need to have general threads for a tumblrcore artist that most of us have hated for years? I'm sorry but that's the line. It's an affront to anyone who gives two quarters of a shit about this board.

The only thing I can think of that has been close to the level of cancer as grimes threads was Lazare, and considering he was a synth pop fan I wouldnt be suprised if he was behind this shit 2bh

make me

You'll fall in the water and get wet!

>not liking grimes

Pleb.

>pleb raging at patricians
Embarrassing.

wet grimes is the best grimes

These pastas are so boring. Here's your (you) and get fucked fagget.

she's not perfect

Wow, that was harsh. That imbecile was obliterated.

She is perfect the way she is and her imperfections make her even more perfect.

You'll electrocute yourself!

>putting the grimes on a pedestal
she wouldn't appreciate that.

Those breasts look like they're shaped rather nicely.

>tfw you will never know

what would she appreciate ? (apart from quads)

stereogum.com/1865746/grimes-electrocuted-onstage-in-dublin/video/

Hey! just wanna apologize to the Olympia theatre that I originally thought they were responsible for the electrical issues at last nights show. We’ve triple checked everything and haven’t yet discovered what the issue was. The Irish promoters were nothing but lovely and I don’t want them to take the blame for something that was most likely on our end. I also want to reiterate that everyone on my team and especially my audio guys did everything they could without stopping the show, but it was some kind of an issue w the vocal channel so even whilst bypassing the pedal I was getting gunshots through the vocal channel into my monitors. Perhaps an angry ghost.

Anyway this probably doesn’t make any sense to non-musicians, but w regards to the inside baseball I just wanted to say something so no one loses their job or gets in trouble for an issue that, as far as I can tell, was outside of everyone’s control. Anyhow haha, apologies for the long and insane post, about to get on a 12 hour flight so hopefully this won’t cause further press drama. :) and thanks again to the Irish fans!!!! I cannot reiterate how grateful I am to y’all for letting us trouble shoot between songs and for singing me happy bday and being all around jovial. Xxxxx

Wow, is that bloodpop? He used to be fucking fat

I saw the Perfect Illusion video and he seemed pretty fat in that too desu

I know he's like 6'5 but still

accepting that shes a human bean like anybody else and isn't perfect.

this. being idolised makes her uncomfortable

Seen her live twice already.

First time was at Brixton. Took acid. It was fucking great.

Second time was at Roskilde festival. Was good but nothing compared to the first time.

>mfw Kill V. Maim comes on and my friend DOESN'T go hardcore

>shes a human bean
i believe she is not

The second one was at a festival. The most intense shows are usually her own shows.

Grimes!

Grimes...

Grimes?

This song Heartbeats grew on me a lot lately: youtube.com/watch?v=xBJ-LPPcAqw

This is pure beauty.

this

Гpaймc

Sporcizie

그라 임스

great song!

Claire Boucher wouldn't. Grimes routinely performs on a pedestal (technically a conductor's podium, but pretty close desu.)

Yeah - was gonna bring that up. Also pic related.

grimes

Does she not wear bras?

thank god

She should just perform naked

Bras are overrated

weirdos

>weirdos
>posts on a sumerian tennis imageboard
whos the weirdo now?

she is pure, not lewd

>pure
>doesn't wear bras

She's sluttier than Taylor Swift

Not wearing bras =/= slutty. Stop being a prude bigot. The breasts are not a sexual organ.

Claire looks like a Bloodborne boss in this pic.

post some very rare grimes

what did that mean, I never found out

bump

oh my god i love her so much

literally lazare tier

it must be so nice to be cute and have cute friends to goof around with....

>tfw you will never be a cute girl like grims

Grimes will move to Russia one day. She loves our culture

>joining that joke of a league

Will she be the tsarina one day and govern Russia?

that feel really makes me sad. some people have all the luck

cant stop thinking about her...im obsessed

How many Grimes do you have?

about 1700

This video (Nightmusic @ Clive Bar @ SXSW 2012), damn... youtube.com/watch?v=S8ziCj2PEHw

She performed despite being sick. I appreciate her even more.

why is she sick so often? do you think its a coverup for drug problems?

it was cold in canada

I think she has a weak immunity. She struggled to sing (choked), so I guess she has some lung or throat problems. I'm worried about her.

I will vote for her.

i really hope she is ok.

What would you do if you went grocery shopping and Grimes was shopping at the same store? Would you say hi? Ask her for a pic? Ignore her?

i like this outfit

what would it be like to rape grimes?
like lift up her skirt and rip off those panties

She cares about her work more than her health.

>Ask her for a pic?
This and also would try to sniff her as much as possible. I think grimes-sniffing is legal and it won't make her upset.

Kys

you bad guy

Evil.

why? would she resist?

I just want to fuck her in the ass while she sobs and I listen to her muffled screams that permeate through a rag
I bet she's tight as fuck

>implying you can rape Grimes
>implying it's not the other way around

user, pls. We all know she rapes James whenever she wants.

how big is his cock?

If we made eye contact I would smile and nod or wave so that she knew I knew who she was, but would not approach her.

you won't do this cuz grimes' sacred pussy is the centre of the universe
also you can't fuck a goddess your dick will turn to stone

Bump

Geidi Primes > art angels >>> halfaxa > visions

bullshiit

hey guys check this out

Fyi we already know which ancient historical figure she is a reincarnation of:

>HILDEGARD OF BINGEN
>“Hildegard is the 12th-Century version of what I aspire to be: She was a scientist who wrote about abortion and handed out pamphlets to the women in the community, but she was also a musician, a composer, a painter, and illustrator. The pope was in her pocket, and she had her own abbey where she let all the nuns grow their hair out and wear jewelry and makeup—she was definitely the most badass, completely eccentric, awesome visionary.”
nylon.com/articles/grimes-it-girls

Wow - amazing!

thanks

What are you guys' favorite songs from Visions? Mine are:

• Skin
• Be a Body
• Vowels = Space and Time
• Circumambient
• Oblivion
• Genesis

Symphonia no 9
Vowels

I've been getting a lot of enjoyment out of Visiting Statue recently - despite it's short length. Also Color of Moonlight - with its When Doves Cry undertones - is highly underrated imo.

My only friend, this is the end.

Probably sleep deprivation or inadequate nutrition.

Lot of factors that can lead to poor immune system functioning, some intrinsic, some not. She could also have health problems that she (rightly) doesn't make a public matter.

Angel

Claire

I heard its due to her snorting a line of anthrax during her reckless creative phase

Rare claire postare

FEET FEET FEET I MUST SMELL HER FEET

why

>And yes, that's even taking into account how shitty it was to be a woman back then.

it was better then being a man

fuck you answer me cunt

that would probably require her to have respect for him

Visions > Art Angels > Halfaxa > Geidi Primes

1 grassy knoll of bait.

I love Claire

Which is a terrible thing to hear when you consider her work.

>implying her work is bad
Weak trolling.

Inteso.

Speaking of interesting collabs... could you imagine how a confab between Grimes and John Maus would go down?

That would be great. Both are eccentric synthpop masters.

guys i think i enjoy her music

what's her worst songs so I can judge the highs and the lows? (assuming that her singles on youtube contain her highs.)

>what's her worst songs
Most people say they're Go and Medieval Warfare. I'd say it's Hallways (too weird for me).

>assuming that her singles on youtube contain her highs.
Only a part of her highs. There are lots of great Grimes songs that weren't singles: Rosa, Weregild, Devon, Symphonia IX, Artangels, Be a Body, Circumambient, Skin, Urban Twilight, Vowels = Space and Time, Pin, Venus Fly, Butterfly,...

>I'd say it's Hallways
one of her best wtf

I said, too weird to me. But I really like everything else.

please someone make it happen. also music video.

bump

do they vape together?
instagram.com/p/BKxEf2AgkRZ

yeah, probably. Claire has mentioned she likes pot before.

and in some pictures on Instagram she has a joint between her lips

>has mentioned
there's literally a picture of her taking a selfie while pulling from her pax on her instagram

>james finally changed his instagram description from his deleted tumblr
>it's now telling people to buy his gf's record a year after the fact
james needs to step his jamestagram game up.

youtube.com/watch?v=5HRjxgodn3k

Lmao - the best part is when Hana starts joining in on the applause after her sneezing into the microphone.

I just reported her to the FBI. I bet waccy tobaccy is still illegal in whatever state she smoked that Devil's pubic hair in.

:^)

that was like a cough and a sneeze in one

>Hasn't put two-and-two together to figure out that Grimes' current cannabis use is medically sanctioned.

Not to mention the little girls that look up to her are exposed to this kind of attention-grabbing media, and will probably grow up sticking pins and needles into their innocent young bodies after being poisoned by the seedy world of hard drugs.

what with the stomach illness she has, yeah, most likely
Also, doesn't she live in LA and isn't weed legal there?

something tells me it's not medically motivated...

Perhaps not the only motivation, but she's clearly got the backlog of personal health issues to squeak by (at least by California law standards.)

>california standards
there are literally no standards. you pay $40 bucks, say something like "I get anxious sometimes" and they give you your card and rush you out the door.

It's """illegal""" in california.

Is Grimes legal?

no she's highly fuckin illegal

mods are about to delete this thread!

Grimes is legal, Claire is real, the music is unreal.

it's not legal to be so talented and beautiful at the same time

>there are literally no standards.
Maybe not in practice, but laws and regulations do actually exist. Fwiw I actually don't support the use of cannabis (which I consider to be a filthy habit.) Nor the use of any other mind-altering substances for that matter - legal or illegal. But to each his/her own vice, and imo there are far worse vices out there than weed.

>mods are about to delete this thread!
Lol

New thread: