>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed) (embed) (embed)

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=differences between jazzmaster and jaguar
sweetwater.com/store/detail/Avalanche
sweetwater.com/store/detail/Transmisser
reddit.com/
clyp.it/e1hz4flz
youtube.com/user/MrBrawl/videos
sweetwater.com/store/detail/ESDP16FBNH/sn11556718
edroman.com/guitars/paul_reed_smith.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=arsSvebtSgw
youtube.com/watch?v=wNiTyA371D8
youtu.be/y50xftkjv50
youtube.com/watch?v=t7HDwV2jo1k
youtube.com/watch?v=C7HvQNC0NbU
clyp.it/3rick5w3
vocaroo.com/i/s09z02VI1hnx
prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?9162-PRS-SE-Zach-Myers-Trampas-Green-Subpar-finishing
forums.prsguitars.com/threads/prs-se-zach-myers-trampas-green-subpar-finishing.9162/
forums.prsguitars.com/threads/zach-myers-se-qc-issues.11653/
forums.prsguitars.com/threads/yet-another-prs-se-zm-with-finish-issues.9170/
soundcloud.com/enterlistenmusic/dont-forget-me/s-8xfMz
clyp.it/bruj1g0v
youtube.com/watch?v=U-EQJA8Ahac
youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9sTVeuBMw
youtube.com/watch?v=b0aMCpRZPZE
youtube.com/watch?v=vc1ObUMFWMo
youtu.be/K_rW8E-eZSQ
youtu.be/IEPw06KxdOY
youtu.be/wpQGwDxQwvM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the fact: you can't play a thunderbird if you don't have a horseshoe moustache or sideburns

Nth for our mascot

>Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
Does someone honestly do that? I can't imagine playing for more than 4 hours, even with breaks.

Daily reminder guitar takes literally no skill to play. Learn a worthwhile instrument like drums.

Thank God I play bass :>

>unironically playing stringed """instruments"""

I also play upright bass und cello. Are those also "lol no skill" instruments?

god thunderbird basses suck fucking dick

Yes. Drums are infinitely harder to play and infinitely more versatile.

Thunderbird, flying V and all kinds of other unergonomic shapes are literally style over substance. Fucking retarded.

nah

These threads are dogshit now because of all the shitposting.

>at uni
>check out some guitars during the break between two lessons
>girls behind me start giggling and ask me if I like metal
>explain to them in detail that the pictured telecaster is not the first choice for the genre, but could still be utilized
>they grin at me
Guitar seriously does make you sexier

I wanna get a pedal for my bass, can't decide between a fuzz, distortion or overdrive, anybody know the major differences when on a bass?

:>

Fuzz on bass literally sounds like wet farts, get a nice overdrive pedal instead.

>It's a "i dont learn music theory because rules kill creativity" episode

Fuck you, music theory is fucking stupid meaningless bullshit by stupid ignorant fuckers that dont understand how naturally music comes and that we cant judge music music is bad when u play it being confined to rules just think outside the box for once

Shitposting has always been here though, threads have been dying since people decided to stop discussing shit and posting gear and guitar clips for some reason.

Fuzz is great on bass, I recommend a Muff or muff clone, a woolly mammoth or any Earthquaker fuzz really.

Distortion clips too much off the bass sound, think Novoselic's sound in Nirvana - Breed (Boss DS-1 on bass). I wouldn't really recommend a straight-up distortion pedal on bass.

Overdrives are gr8, Sans-Amp or Moog Drive are pretty much all you'll ever need. RAT overdrives bass nicely too.

Yeah I'm thinking more distortion, fuzz is super popular on bass but I bought a fuzz face for my guitar years ago and ended up hating the sound, sold it for half price. Just worried dist/overdrive cuts too much bottom end

>Shitposting has always been here though

It's gotten especially terrible lately though. Just a few months ago you could at least hold a conversation.

Now it's all troll faggots with "meme" this and "you don't play" that.

its more interesting to find a way to get out of the box from inside

It's always been like this user.

What is the best fender?

0/10, coming from a drummer

Telecaster

that one with two humbuckers and a single in between, 24 frets
and a locking tremolo system

>tfw J Mascis will never give you guitar lessons

drums are literally the easiest instrument lmao

Quick /gg/! What's the best delay pedal?

Boss RV-3

NO you don't know what you're talking about go learn a good instrument guitar is literally just putting your fingers on pieces of wire it takes no skill at all

>worthwhile instrument
replaced everywhere by MIDI beat

and drums is just hitting things with sticks, dipshit

I'm going to be looking for a new electric guitar pretty soon, my budget is around 1k usd, thoughts on some guitars I should try out? I'm looking for more of a hard rock/metal guitar since I already have a tele for lighter stuff, but no meme machines please

used SG should do you fine.

>meme machines
>falling for this meme
don't do this kids

which is the greatest chord progression.?

G C D

I-I-I-I

Actually I'm fine with things like 7 strings (and even 8 strings for solo players), it's just I don't want the over the top ridiculous shit that asking for a rock/metal guitar on here would get

Charvel Pro-Mods are excellent bang for buck.

The one named after you

Been playing bass for 5 years, finally gonna get my own guitar instead of fiddling around on my friend's
Gonna get a Mexi Standard Tele, anything I should know about them or any pointers Tele owners wanna give?

FAG?

F11 G7b13 Am9 C#6 Ddim7

I have 4 guitars each ranging in price from $700 to $1000
I have the same Line 6 Spider IV 30 watt that I've had for almost 6 years.

Who else is like me? I'm addicted to getting new guitars, but never new amps or effects.

I have an AVRI Fender Jazzmaster, a mexican Fender Jazz Bass and I play them both through the same shitty 70s Acoustic 270 solid state head and the cheapest shit 410 cab.

lol

Do yourself a favor and get a decent interface like a Focusrite Scarlett. Pirate yourself some modelling software and just use that. It'll sound better than your LineShit and you won't have to worry about buying nice amps.

>that fret job

So nice, wish there was someone around here that could do the same.

Some chucklefuck from Craigslist bailed on me (essentially) after my father in law drove 2.5 hours to buy the amp he was selling (kinda). Father in law is from that neck of the woods and visits every other weekend, and when I happened to see a mint Peavey Stereo Chorus 212 for $150 listed on my nearby Craigslist results, I jumped at the chance to get it. So I asked him to pick it up for me while he was out there. Anyway, dude bailed and I'm not sure if I can salvage the deal by the end of the weekend. I'm fucking fuming /gg/. Father law is disabled and he drove 45 minutes out of his way to make this happen for me. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

That's a situation where you beat the guy with a sack of oranges and get a discount on the amp.

Shit happens user, sorry to hear.

This one time I had to drive to the US two days in a row for a mexi P-Bass cause the owner had some shit come up on the first day.

Fuck.

NO drums are different drums have soul they come from the primal sounds of our ancestors i bet u won't find a shitty guitar noise by the cavemen.

Cavemen wore loin cloths and ate barriers off the ground they found next to piles of mammoth shit you autistic mongoloid.

This post is making me laugh out loud at work, Jesus.

Thanks bros. I just don't get it. It's been listed for sale for like 2 months. Figured the dude would be somewhat motivated. He emailed me at 5:43 saying he waited until 5:50 but had to leave. Father in law had been there for an hour. Wtf

A sack of orange amplifiers would be too heavy to swing, user

Anyone have tips on imitating funk guitar sounds by ear? Like figuring out the key and progressions e.t.c?

nice ad-homonem guess guitar players are shit at arguing

Idk I feel like it wouldn't be very good he's bad at talking to people

I'm a drummer you sperg

No your'e not no real drummer would be this bad at arguing.

What are the basic differences between a Jaguar and a Jazzmaster?
Probably buying one of the both.
I Played Rock and Blues on my Fender Strat but I really like the jazzy sound of both the Jag and Jazzmaster.
Which one would you recommend if I want to get into Jazz, maybe also Funk guitar, but still wanna have a nice sound when I play distorted?

>Craigslist

Congratulations, now you know that everybody on Craigslist are retarded spazz flakes.

lmgtfy.com/?q=differences between jazzmaster and jaguar

>What are the basic differences between a Jaguar and a Jazzmaster?

Jazzmasters have a longer scale length.

The pickups are different. Jaguars are a little more Strat-y, meaning that they're brighter and janglier.

Jaguars have different switches: On-off switches for each pickup (instead of a regular pickup selector) and a "strangle switch," which cuts out bass frequencies to thin out of the sound.

Certain Jaguars come with an additional bridge component called a mute, which is a spring loaded piece of foam that just touches the strings to slightly mute them, similar to palm muting.

Jaguars are easier to mod, as the control plates are all separate from the pickguard. This makes it easy to add and remove switches.

>Which one would you recommend if I want to get into Jazz

Jazzmaster, but keep in mind the Jazzmaster failed to lure jazz players to Fender.

>maybe also Funk guitar

Both would be good. Jaguar would be better, because it has that brighter sound that can be exaggerated by the strangle switch. But a Mustang is probably best for Funk because it has an out-of-phase option which is a decent approximation of a cocked wah sound. All of this is irrelevant if you have a wah.

>have a nice sound when I play distorted?

They both sound decent distorted. A Jaguar will sound more like a Strat, a Jazzmaster will sound fatter.

No, the reason i know i'm a real drummer is because unlike you i can count to 4

I just got this at a pawn shop today for $69. It's in new condition. It's the R version.

I left in a hurry thinking they'd realize their mistake before I got out the door.

Fuck you i don't conform to that shit numbers don't make the sound better or worse.

>spoonfeeding lazy babbys
you need to return to reddit immediately

>Worthwhile
Anyone can download a better drummer than you.

It's called making conversation you fucking faggot.

>not finding repeated numbers soothing
you're not autistic enough to be here.

>I desperately need to talk to someone
>even if it means spoonfeeding lazy babbys
like I said you need to head on back now

See, this is what I'm talking about: Just huge piles of faggotry.

manchildren are runing this board and this thread im just

trying to make the point that i don't need to be no 4 beats per second bullshit ill do however many beats i want and still be a good drummer so all the people who think i cant are morons

wanting to buy earthquaker avalance run
sweetwater.com/store/detail/Avalanche

transmission and a big muff

sweetwater.com/store/detail/Transmisser

any recs for delay pedals

Just look at all of this faggotry.

>another /gg/ crybabby leaking bitch tears
well at least you admit to it I guess

Thanks a lot man, I had already googled it and had some idea, but still wanted to get some more info and opinions

lol

There's no reason to spend $300 on a delay. The DD-7 is everything you need for $150 at worst.

i wanted a swell pedal dd 7 doesnt have that i thought

The saddest part is I think the faggotry is all coming from one loser.

reddit.com/
here I'll make it easy for you to return to your comfy safespace/hugbox

you're the only one crying about anything here, maybe you should fuck off faggot

>all coming from one loser
>you're the only one crying about anything here
lol

now it's reddit time faggots

>A place where people can have actual conversations about common interests is now a "comfy safespace/hugbox"

Fuck off to Cred Forums

>not the tranny version

see
we've already been over this reddit now stop repeating yourself there are no downvotes here

The whole point of being here is to talk to people.

You're a pathetic fucker.

yes you're desperate to talk to someone (ANYONE) we've already bee over this

What are you jamming tonight /gg/?

clyp.it/e1hz4flz

>How long?
12 years
>Favorite [basses]?
My first bass, Cort B4
Goals: MIJ J-bass, EB Bongo 4, some nice 24-fret short scale
>Favorite [bassists]?
John Entwistle, Thundercat, Jesse Keeler, John Paul Jones, Joe Dart
>Projects?
DFA1979, QOTSA, Vulfpeck
>Discussion, play
Working on doing bass covers tonight. You can see what I've already done here:
youtube.com/user/MrBrawl/videos

I guess that's why he's famous and you're not.

>Cred Forums
>le reddit boogeyman
Christ, could you be any more obvious?

Pro-tip: there's no one to save you on Cred Forums, reddit. There are no down votes here and there's no silencing anyone you're having a argument or disagreement with on this site.

You need to learn to choose your battles here, or risk becoming the mouse the cat bats around for fun. Only the fastest smartest reddit rats get away with any cheese here.

If you're neither one of those things then you need to go back to where you came from.

Nice stuff so far

Thanks compadre.

Meant to put I'm open to requests, though I doubt I'll do any unless they're sum hawt shit.

That cab is a monster, holy shit. I hope you use protection.

lmao

disgusting

Pulling Teeth would be cool

thanks for pasta

wtf now I want a les paul

>I want a product from a company that makes literal garbage and hasn't had a QC department since 1980

Those are the exact plugs I use, clear though. They're incredible. I never leave home without them and they get frequent use between gigs and concerts I attend.
I only use that cab for bigger outdoor-type gigs. Recently, I've been using a Baer ML112 for everything and it's fucking gorgeous.
Eh, I don't have the effects to pull it off and I'm not too keen on that style anyway.

uh yeah stupid. you didn't understand my post?

AYO HOL UP, YOU TELLIN ME WEZ GOT 2 LEVEL THE FRETS. FUK DAT SHIT

>fretboard not masked off for fretwork

That looks like a Custom Shop 335 too...

>wrongfully attacked/raided by the Obama justice department for donating to conservative campaigns (justice department later admitted the was no wrong doing by Gibson)
>hires Americans citizens to build their guitars unlike Fender
>releases tribute guitars depicting true American heroes like Chris Kyle the most deadly sniper in recorded history
I think I figured out why the poorfag libcuck nü-males in /gg/ are always shitting on based Gibson guitars.

Stop buying crap has-been guitars and buy from the guitar maker who was personally given Ted McCarty's blessing.

I'd trust just about anyone over the "American Citizens" that oversee quality control in the Gibson factory.

PRS? Bye.

eat shit and die, faggot

WE WUZ LUTHIERS AND SHIEEET

>just about anyone over the American Citizens
>anyone over the American Citizens
>a poorfag libcuck nü-male is traitor to his country
What a shocker.

I need to try them out again. Back in the day every single PRS I tried had really shitty sounding pickups. Overcompressed and too mid-rangey.

>In 1986, a fresh-faced young luthier named Paul Reed Smith was just embarking on his journey into guitar manufacturing. He had a small team and a successful first showing at NAMM, but wanted to grow the business and sought guidance. He had nervously called Ted McCarty to see if he might be open to doing some consulting. By that time however, McCarty was legally blind, and travel was difficult
>By that time however, McCarty was legally blind
Goddamn, what an endorsement!

>Gibson "quality"

hahah.. Seriously just look at the truss rod cover on this: sweetwater.com/store/detail/ESDP16FBNH/sn11556718
>pic related

I have a 2001 CE 22, all mahogany. It's certainly not a strat, if you pick up a core line PRS expecting a strat you're going to be disappointed. They are fantastic instruments, but they don't try to copy anyone.

>not being washburn masterrace

damn son, thats a bummer

i just bought a guitar from a guy who lives ~45 minutes away thru kijiji. he drove up to meet me and we made the transaction. smooth as butter.

>It's a little hard to see but if you look closely you will see the buildup of 1 1/2 " of solid body filler on this guitar.
>PRS "quality"
lol

What PRS pickups should I look out for. I like super clear sounding humbuckers (like the original unpotted PAFS)

I've always wanted a natural colored PRS. I think it's time I let me inner blues lawyer come out for a while.

>MUH GIBSUN QUHLUTEE CUNTRUL
>I have a 2001 CE 22 Asian shitplank
>poorfag libcuck nü-males in /gg/
Oh yeah, there it is.

Got one of those at my shop. Seems really nice, though I know next to nothing about archtops.

have any of you ever had your strings snap? I am a newbie who has only been playing a little over a year, and I am about to change them for the first time

would it be retarded to put a little bit of electrical tape on the tips of the strings, where they were cut off, to prevent cuts should they snap?
I don't care that it will be ugly, and of course i'd be very conservative with how much I put, I'd aim for it to not even be noticeable

Thoughts on these? Thinking of getting one
and no I'm not a Nirvana-fag, just looking for a nice guitar

That has to be fake. Did PRS ever comment on that?

Speaking of Ed Roman I wish they would have produced his reality show.

youtube.com/watch?v=arsSvebtSgw

>just looking for a nice guitar
>memestang
No, you're obviously not.

>been playing a little over a year
>hasn't changed their strings

Yes, your strings will snap eventually. It happens to everyone. But it's also important to regularly change them (I change mine every couple of months)

How many of y'all are getting out and playing gigs regularly?

See Not as regularly as I wished though. About 3 gigs a month right now. Wish it were 8 (two per weekend). We're working on it, though.

How do I even start trying to get gigs?

>"no I'm not a Nirvana-fag"
>wants mustang
please stop

1. Find a band
2. Get good at genres that bar crowds in your area enjoy
3. Promote yourselves

they were changed once earlier this year, but I paid $11 bucks to some guy to do it

I just not realized how easy it is to do, by youtube. Okay, so change every few months.

oh, I want to know though, does snapping strings pose a legitimate hazard to my eyes? that is all i care about, and is why i'm considering putting the tape there at the tips

go with the jazzmaster instead

I've had strings snap in my face before, haven't lost an eye yet. You can cut some of the slack left on the ends of the strings after you restring the guitar ,and I don't think there would be a hazard at all.

nice!

Holy shit! It's you! Mr. Brawl! I've been following/subscribed to you on youtube for such a long time! You were honestly one of my inspirations to start playing bass.
Never thought I'd see you here desu.

Good on ya, m8. At least you're out there.

Depends on your style a bit. My local scene is mostly folk-ish or post-rock, and usually people get in to playing gigs by
>going to open mics, to meet the local scene
>recording a few sample tracks or having a friend take video of you performing live
>looking around for venues that hire artists similar to you, and ask them who does their booking and how to contact them
>request some dates

It's actually a lot easier than people tend to make it. I started working as a local booking agent because I knew a lot of good musicians who were just indecisive and didn't have the balls to just ask to play. Basically, #1 tip, go places you want to play, ask if you can play. I know that's obvious, but it really is like that. Booking for smaller projects is usually easier than many-piece bands, because large bands will often imply a larger price-tag, and are honestly just riskier hires from a lot of business' perspectives.

Squier Jazzmaster for $350 - Yes?

Most of their models coil tap now, so I don't imagine you're going to struggled to find a good clean sound. That said, they Custom 24's have always been a hotter guitar so you may not care for them.

I didn't say SE. The SEs are made in korea or whatever and are meh. The CE's are made in america in the same factory as every other american PRS.

What? You mean that website doesn't look 100% trustworthy?? kek If Paul saw that page he'd be calling that dude yelling mad along with extending an invitation to Maryland to rub his face in how wrong he is.

PRS gives daily factory tours... i'm fairly certain if they were doing something like putting model magic in their bodies people would have noticed other than Broseph McTimeCube here.

>has to be
>I mean, IT'S JUST GOTTA BE, right? PRS guitars would NEVER do anything like that, right?
lol
>Trust PRS, believe in PRS, you know PRS is infallible.

Sheeeeit, what's up man? I've been lurking Cred Forums for years. That's super fucking awesome to hear, man, I'm amazed that I could be a part of someone's life like that already. Keep it up senpai!
The struggle is real[ly fun].

>kek If Paul saw that page he'd be calling that dude yelling mad
There actually used to be a lot more of those type of pics online. I guess PRS threatening regular people with shittly made guitars with lawsuits will get a pic removed pretty quick.

Good thing for everybody that threatening to sue has no effect on based Ed Roman.

>samefagging this hard

Gonna need some evidence.

Oh yeah, would you recommend Mass of the Fermenting Dregs as a band? I'm listening to your cover of "She is Inside, He is Outside" right now. You did a fantastic job on that btw.

Ritsu a shit.
Abso-fucking-lutely. MOTFD is incredible. Get their debut full length and their EP, World is Yours

I didn't want to reply to this. But I will in the hopes that no one else will.

But I've got a question for you. What does "samefag" mean to you?

>that tiny crop
>3 mins in ms paint
must be a world record
lol this is pretty pathetic family

>still trying this hard
but here senpai

are you done with your samefag campaign then?

Still waiting on you, buddy. re: You know I just thought about something else, they make a Brent Mason signature model that's a bit of an oddball for PRS, but has tons of tone options and sounds very clean. It comes in a natural (not flamed maple, it's a Korina body).

I'm at a gig right now waiting for our set

What? That Ed Roman is the only person left on the internet with PRS quality control pictures? Here you go:
Or are you so stupid that you actually believe that PRS literally doesn't have ANY quality control problems? Like NONE that have ever been photographed and put on the internet? Like EVER?

It's time for you to grow up, fanboy.

>>
that's cool man, what stuff do you play?

I love mine. I've never really liked solidbodies.

Squier Jazzmaster for $350 - Yes?

>Paul Reed Smith
>the Steve Jobs of guitar manufacturing
youtube.com/watch?v=wNiTyA371D8
hard to believe people actually fall for any of this

Let me summarize that page for you in a few lines

>Wow PRS is awesome
>Wait I changed my mind, they aren't awesome because their private stock is too expensive for me! I can't believe they'd charge $10k for a one-off! PRS SUCK
>Now that I've changed my mind, here's a picture of a guitar that looks like a PRS and has some white crap on it
>Can you believe this was sent to be by a guy who bought this from another guy on EBAY?!? How dare PRS?!

oh and let's not forget this little line

>Wow PRS == suck, buuuuut if you want PRS for cheap kahjiit has wares for ur shekels (convenient link to garbage knock off PRS-styled kit which he makes money off of)

ew. i dont even trust black people to handle my food.

None of that explains why you can't find PRS quality control pics online anymore.

Like I said, you're 100% delusional if you believe that there haven't ever been any quality control issues with any PRS guitars ever (lol, EVER!) in the history of the company. Never mind that the pictures of these issues have been erased from the internet over the last few years.

Be thankful there's at least one holdout: based Ed Roman. I can tell you want to believe the ridiculous lie that there have never been any (lol, ANY!) quality control issues at PRS, but it just ain't true. Sorry.

>PRS quality control pics

youtu.be/y50xftkjv50
youtube.com/watch?v=t7HDwV2jo1k
youtube.com/watch?v=C7HvQNC0NbU

No one ever said they have zero QC issues. You're misrepresenting the argument.

No one can erase anything from the internet.

I'm not the one who has to explain anything. You started this.

>I don't a PRS and cant afford one so it's my job to make them look as bad as possible on the internet.

you are one upset lad.

It's more or less how powerful the effect is, i.e. Distortion>overdrive>fuzz. I'd go with a simple overdrive, it packs a heavy punch, but doesn't destroy a bass's roundness

Yeah. Like I said, you're obviously delusional.

The fact that you think mass produced guitars made in a factory setting come out flawless in every single circumstance is a laughable idea at best.

Sorry.

>No one ever said they have zero QC issues.
Please show me some examples then.

No? You can't?

And that's not strange at all, right? lol, you just shot your own argument down.

Ibanez RG655.

Ed Roman is dead. He's also one of the few figures in the guitar world that people weren't too fussed about dying.

He was renowned for slandered multiple companies and lying through his teeth. His own business was considered shady and he had a reputation for cutting corners on his own builds and general below average over build quality and craftsmanship.

Realistically he created these clickbait style articles to try and drum up his business and draw attention to himself and his brand. If you believe anything that comes out of his mouth you're the one who is delusional.

See .

Seriously, show me some examples.

I'll wait.

Drunk & alone on a Friday. Whatchyall think of this lil riff

clyp.it/3rick5w3

Did you just post the same thing, rephrased, three times in a row? Are you the same guy that pretended to be a drummer earlier in the thread and then argued with himself about it?

>Ed Roman was a bad guy
Yeah, according to Gibson, Fender, PRS, and any other slimy snake oil salesmen.

lmao

vocaroo.com/i/s09z02VI1hnx

R8 my SRV impression

>No one ever said they have zero QC issues.
>Please show me some examples then.

....still over here waiting. C'mon now, don't embarrass yourself.

Surely you can find just one example.

I'm not sure what your point is. No one has a page on their website that shows every guitar with a blemished finish or a badly routed pick guard. There's always going to be duds regardless of the company or the production method.

Attitude aside his craftsmanship was also considered average at best by pretty much everyone. Ed Roman WAS the snake oil salesmen.

>loses the argument
>maximum damage control engaged
>posts memes and buzzwords

Get a used one for like $225 dude

I got one at a house party on Oct 16th opening for a buddy bands EP release

you can literally google to find an example of people complaining about PRS QC on the PRS guitar forums, even.

>There's always going to be quality problems in a factory setting mass producing instruments
>obviously even at PRS
>but there are no pics of PRS quality control issues on the internet
>except for on Ed Romans site

Did you miss where I told you NOT to embarrass yourself?

Yea but beware of the 7.25 radius it may be too uncomfortable. Just get one of the new HS duo sonics that are out already for like $449 new over this HS Mustang that's $850 used or just slap a hot rail on a preexisting model

>No one can erase anything from the internet.
Oh, they can't? Show me a pic then. Just one single pic. One.

Seriously, I'll wait right here.

Right on the same page as where he or one of his partner companies were happy to make you a knock off? Wow! How convenient. I sure do love the internet and how transparent it is.

See and get over yourself.

ok, here's a picture of cracked finish and uneven stain on a new PRS guitar that you could have found with google and 15 seconds of your time.

5 minutes ago you were arguing that PRS sucks, now you're telling us to prove they have defects?

Which side of the argument are you on?

I enjoy an autistic Cred Forums debate as much as the next guy, but you're not even riding the fence... you're taking down the fence and rebuilding it 2 streets over and then coming back and telling us you like italian food.

Pick a channel, man.

>no actual argument
>just continues to badmouth based Ed Roman for telling the truth about PRS
What a shocker.

You'd better download those quick, they'll be gone pretty soon.

>5 minutes ago
No, five minuets ago I was claiming that PRS goes after quality control pics online and that's why you can't find any.

Try to keep up, tardy.

Pic related. This is what it looks like when you click on a link that posted control pics of a PRS guitar.

Not the guy you where talking with, but i am sure glad I am not famous for that..

prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?9162-PRS-SE-Zach-Myers-Trampas-Green-Subpar-finishing
>ERASED
lol

wowowowo
forums.prsguitars.com/threads/prs-se-zach-myers-trampas-green-subpar-finishing.9162/
forums.prsguitars.com/threads/zach-myers-se-qc-issues.11653/
forums.prsguitars.com/threads/yet-another-prs-se-zm-with-finish-issues.9170/

>""""""""""""""""ERASED""""""""""""""""

You don't actually play the whole ten hours unless you're Vai. Even he suggested breaking it into two hour sessions and getting through it once a week.

>I have a hard time finding pictures of PRS guitars with QC issues
>clearly there is a conspiracy to hide them from the public

Idk, to me it sounds like you've already decided that the PRS factory churns out duds and that you sperg out when you can't find evidence for your claims.

t. PRSIDF shill

>two prs se links
>one actual prs quality control pic
thats hilarious. user was right theres no actual prs quality control pics online. highly suspicious to say the least

lol and reddit doesn't even know how to reply to someone here

trips dont lie. PRS on top confirmed.

>user was right
You mean "I was right"? Stop replying to yourself in agreement.

Just look at this thing. If you think this isn't amazing I recommend therapy.

>no owl
also I don't like tremolo bridges

fixed

>he's having a hard time finding pictures of PRS guitars with QC issues

So far you have managed to only find one (lol, just one!) PRS pic of a possible quality control issue.

I invite anybody to draw their own conclusions as to why that is. Either PRS is mass producing thousands and thousands of flawless guitars in a factory setting every year or there's something else going on.

Any reasonably intelligent person (even with a limited understanding of how a factory mass producing an item works) would conclude there's something else going on.

End of story.

>prs
>les paul ass
>strat on top
>dan armstrong headstock
>jack of all trades, master of none

Why are nip Strandbergs so expensive?

because they are made of model magic and erase all evidence of quality control issues from the internet

duh

>he's this upset
lol

That's not even me, tardy. Once again, try to keep up please.

Are there any guitars with stickers that don't look like complete shit?

Is the endurneck really as great as people say or is it just a meme

Nope

I just realized that I've been resting the entire weight of my bass on the plugged in cable for the last hour while playing. Now I feel terrible.

>4 years
>Strats
>Page, Hendrix, Vaguhan, Frusciante, Vai, Beck
>A band with tome friends

I'm trying to learn to record so I'm making this things

soundcloud.com/enterlistenmusic/dont-forget-me/s-8xfMz

Literally a bedroom bassist. Not comfortable enough in my playing to play with other people.

>or is it just a meme
>literally just a CNC milled hunk of wood with some metal and plastic parts screwed onto it
>costs significantly more than $1000
What do you think, user?

Recorded a bass cover but the camera died right at the beginning fucking RIP

Have the audio though. It's Death From Above 1979's "Going Steady," complete with the synth part.
clyp.it/bruj1g0v

tele is perfect for hard rock/metal desu
off course you can get a humbucker guitar,PRS is good.
Friendly reminder get a good amp first.

prs is shit

Can I fit a classical acoustic guitar in an electric bass gigbag? I need to use public transport and I have no acoustic gigbags to transport a guitar I'm probably buying from someone.

It's probably good, I've played an Ibanez SR506 where the middle of the back of the neck was flat, and it was one of the most comfortable basses I've tried. Is it really worth paying $2k for though ? I don't know.

Speaking of neck profiles, how hazardous would modifying a neck by yourself be ? I kinda want to try it myself, but I don't want to end up with the truss rod sticking out or anything like that.

The type of music that people circle-pit and wall-of-death to. Tonight was a good show
Thanks man, subscribe to my personal blog for more posts:
>

I don't post a lot on Cred Forums and I know jack shit about music theory, but does anyone have some kind of tab ( fingerstyle) for this song :
youtube.com/watch?v=U-EQJA8Ahac

Should I try to do one myself ?

bump

nice thread idiots

nice post guy that listen to music but makes none.

>guy that listen to music
Froosh? Foul my precious eardrums with vile music?

Surely you jest.

Are the power cables used for amps the same power cable that desktop PCs use?

How to change default channel volume on line 6 spider IV 15? if that's even possible

>Line 6 for anything other than pedals
But don't you just hold down the channel button with the new volume like you do to save other effects to the channel?

Guys, opinions on the squier mustang vintage modified? I have a yellow one and (especially with the tremolo) it doesn't stay in tune for shit. Maybe need to change the bridge? Uh?

I'm 90% sure you're not using the right strings, go thicker, the smaller scale requires it.

Which ones do you recommend?

Yes

Can't say for sure because it depends on tuning and preferences, but E standard tuned 10-46 on a small scale should be equal to maybe 10-48 or a little bit more

Oh yeah also dumb thing but make sure the tremolo is set up right, or block it if you don't even use it.

>playing bass through a guitar speaker can damage the speaker!
So how can people with ERGs play then? One of those retarded 8, 9 or 10 string guitars downtuned will absolutely be in the bass register, why would that not damage the speakers?

That only happens at high volumes, people with 8+ string guitars either play in their Mommy's basement where they're not allowed to turn up the amp past 5 or they use headphones or studio monitors because they do everything in software anyway.

It's not the playing itself, but rather the amount of power you need to hear the fundamental of the note, the lower the frequency the more power you need for it to reach a certain volume, if you play with a bass, then you're pushing your amp more than you would to get the same volume.
8 string guitars, while they can be tuned to a low E, don't have the same frequencies and harmonics as a bass (because of thinner strings, different pickups, and shorter scale), so you're not pushing out your amp's speakers as much. That's also why it's important to have an actual bass player if you want to play that low, even if he's playing the same notes, he'll be filling out different frequencies and harmonics you can't get on an 8 string guitar.
this video is pretty neat if you've ever wondered how different the two are.
youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9sTVeuBMw

Now for 9/10 strings (anything more than that won't go lower, 9 string is already equal to a 5 string bass + a guitar), I'm guessing people use more elaborate speakers, or simply bass amps.

Can someone explain why extended range guitars have longer scale lengths?

frequency is equal to the square root of tension divided by linear mass (= string gauge) ; divided by twice the scale lenght.
the longer the scale lenght, the thinner the string needed to achieve the same tension
see also basses, 5/6 strings are 34/5" while 4 strings go as short as 30"

Thx

>more power
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this about speaker design mostly? Bass speakers are essentially subwoofers, high excursion speakers. They need to be built that way because lower frequencies require more excursion to push the same amount of air.
The power gets "split up" in chunks based on the frequency, with a lower frequency each individual chunk will have more energy, i.e. more excursion of the speaker.
And guitar speakers traditionally never had to do this, so they're simply not built that way. So when you play a bass through them and turn up the volume on the amp you force the speakers to go out of spec, stretching the membrane and possibly damaging it.
At least that's how I understood it.

No actually I think it might have to do with perceived loudness, the fact our ears don't deal with different frequencies in a linear way
But either way in the end it's because you're pushing your amp too much that you're damaging it, not because you're using low/high frequencies. Feedback is high frequency and can do serious damage too.

Discuss

I think the idea is, you crank up your amp, play a guitar through it, the speakers will be fine.
You leave everything as it is, swap he guitar for a bass, play it and you might damage the speakers. That shouldn't have anything to do with perceived loudness and you turning up the volume because the bass frequencies seem to be more quiet, it's about speaker design and how the same amount of power divided by a lower frequency results in higher peak power that the speakers need to handle. Again, that's how I understood the issue and it would be resolved by simply not turning up the amp too high or by having a speaker cabinet that can handle the peaks on lower frequencies. The fact that the fundamental and the first few harmonics aren't as pronounced on ERGs would also help then, so yeah that makes sense.
Feedback is a different issue entirely, with feedback the actual signal gets stronger and stronger each time it goes around (in theory ad infinitum so until something somewhere hits a limit and/or breaks).

Blue + maple looks sexy as fuck. I'm getting a bass in that combination soon.

I followed some advice on his website once and it really helped my playing. Basically he said to set a timer for one hour, and for the entire hour focus on one aspect of your playing, e.g. bends, vibrato, legato, an arpeggio, whatever. By the time the hour is up, you will become pretty good at that one simple idea and you will have explored all kinds of different things you can do with that one simple idea.

Basically this but as a P bass and with a matching headstock.

This guy thinks music theory tells you what music is good and what music is bad.

Probably one of the ones that can repeat for a long time without getting too boring like the ending of "Comfortably Numb" or the main chord progression to "Hotel California."

Or something simple that serves as the basis for a wide variety of great songs like a ii - V - I
or a I - IV - V.

They have an extra string but only two knobs

Sounds pretty pleasant.

Why do guitarists hate active electronics so much?

Why does /gg/ hate extended range guitars?

thanks for actually explaining the flaws instead of going
>mustang
>ever
I checked out a demo of it though and it seems nice, I'm still checking out other options though

Too loud, senpai.

I'm not even I'm You claimed there were no PRS quality control pics, and you were proven wrong.

I've never played a guitar with one but I mostly play clean and I like to have a wide range of tonal control on the guitar itself.

>new HS duo sonics
They seem suspiciously cheap (at least where I live)

>Erection engaged

I don't mind them except it's a pain to have to change your pickups' batteries. Just an added inconvenience.

>I've never played a guitar with one but I mostly play clean and I like to have a wide range of tonal control on the guitar itself.
Then you absolutely want active electronics, that's exactly what they're good for.
Not "active" pickups, active electronics. Any pickups you want + a preamp and a 3-band EQ.

Surprisingly affordable as well in Europe. Maruszczyk instruments, those basses cost 800€-1200€ for the P and J models with absolutely high-end pickups and electronics. They're handmade in Poland and they'll basically do whatever you want custom as well.

>Not "active" pickups, active electronics. Any pickups you want + a preamp and a 3-band EQ.
Oh, never mind then. I've never played with those.

It seems like there aren't any on the market except for boutique stuff. Why? Seriously, it's so nice and convenient and even cheapo or midrange basses are available with active electronics.

>Stopped using my pinkie as an anchor finger
>Angled the pick against the palm of my hand just a teensy bit more

>Suddenly tremolo picking open notes, chords and string skipping is piss easy and I don't even have to think about it

Fuck me, I've set myself like back a year or more, anyone got some good rhythm practices for me? I Feel like I can play anything right now

Learn this song. It's basically a picking exercise.

youtube.com/watch?v=b0aMCpRZPZE

Just bought a new pedal from my nearest music shop (25 minutes away in a car).

Tested it at the shop, sounded great. Shop guy told me that it couldn't take batteries. Got it home, literature that comes with the pedal said that it takes a battery but you have to unscrew off the back plate.

So i went to unscrew it, someone had fucked it, the screws were destroyed. Can't open it.

Bastards.

If you bought it new take it back to the store and ask for an actual new one, a discount or your money back.

That's what i'm doing now. It's brand new from the store, clearly the one they used for demoing. I called them and they said i can bring it back, they'll look at it and if they're happy then send off for a new one. Meaning i'll have to go back there AGAIN, to pick it up. I asked if they could pre-emptively order in a new one so that i can sort it all out in one trip but nope, refused.

i'm going now.

youtube.com/watch?v=vc1ObUMFWMo

Where do you live? In Europe you could not only demand that they replace it immediately but you could also charge them for compensation of any damages that occurred because of it (the extra gas you spent to get there, the time you wasted, etc.).

>Squier

Is squier quality control really as bad as people say?

Of course. Why would you think a cheap Chink guitar outsourced to the lowest bidder would have good QC?

Granted everything is better than it was in the 60s and 70s, but still, you get what you pay for.

in 90% of cases it's just literally logs

Looks too sexy

B.C. Rich Stealth Chuck Schuldiner Tribute (Korean) for 225 dollars. Yes or no?

didn't get a single word of what you said.
that's a nice john picture tho

That headstock just doesn't fit it.

How did they afford this shit early on? They CAN'T have made that much money in the early days even off their records. They have a lot more than just what's in this picture btw.

>can play anything solo
>cant play the easiest rhythm

What do I do lads ?

Maybe they just ate nothing but tinned food for a couple years

yes

UK. it's sorted, drove there and back. no way would they compensate for fuel.

Well it's sorted at least.

>UK
If you're still under EU law then you would have had the right for compensation, whether or not they like that is pretty irrelevant, it's the law.

Are korean guitars a lot higher quality than chinese guitars?

I've got a Montana M18-4 that says it has "handcrafted quality" and that it was made in korea. It also says "Kaman Music Corporation" on the sticker. I can't find information about their Montana line, does anybody have any?

Work on your rhythm chops.

youtu.be/K_rW8E-eZSQ

youtu.be/IEPw06KxdOY
youtu.be/wpQGwDxQwvM

You are literally retarded.

become buckethead

People have day jobs user, not everybody is a fuckin' neet.

>this is you
I wish, I'm also a fat neckbeard!

so i bought a Fender Twin 94' on a whim and it sounds great. The only thing is that it's loud as fuck. The majority of my playing/recording will be in my room but I'll be out gigging in the next year

Should I keep this thing or return it to get something smaller?

learning a song from sheet music is so slow

do you just get faster at it after a while?

It has a volume knob. Use it.

>check out guitar/pedal demonstration
>generic blues riffing
why is this allowed?

why?

Turn it down..?

Or else you could get an attenuating pedal or an attenuator fitted.

It's only 20 watts solid state anyway. I have a 100 watt valve head in my room. No fucks given.

Can't be that loud surely?

You're doing the equivalent of asking car enthusiasts if blue cars are faster than red cars.
That's pretty fucking retarded. Country of origin doesn't mandate the quality of a single specific product.

This is the reason I will go out of my way to run to the store and try it out myself

nice, how are you finding it? I've got the head+cab version and I'm loving it

I just play the stuff i normally play. Maybe a blues lick but i'm more of a modern metal guy.

I personally play a variety of things to test versatility.

My faggot friend just picks up a guitar and immediately plays BlackBird

turn the volume down you stupid cunt

Nice, that's a steal. I remember trying out the s1-200 when it first came out. Sounded incredible. Used an HT-5 in a mix once as an extra guitar layer and it sounded pretty good.

yes

Of course, practice will make you faster. I started learning piano at 6 years old so i can read music at the speed i read english.

Practice and perseverance

it's at 1 and I've already gotten complaints from the apartment beside mine. it's 100w

PRS is for balding middle aged men who play van halen and led zeppelin, and needs permission to play from his wife, usually when she goes shopping with her son

What are pros and coins of a bridge like this?

Making sure I never buy a Gibson. Ever.

but SGcuck only had an SG user

I think about that man everyday. Man did I love him.

Weird. I had a solid state 100w amp and no issues whatsoever from neighbours, now they still don't give a shit about a valve 100w.

Roll off the volume pot on your guitar or buy a pedal that lets you lower the gain.

desu if you're looking for a memestang you should definitely look at the modern player mustang, or the squier custom mustang. they're surprisingly good, especially the modern player, the 9.5" radius fingerboard and the p90s make my wang dang doodle go buckaroo if you catch my drift kid, you can pick one up cheap too; the only bad thing is the bridge (for some reason they put a jag bridge in, god knows why) and the neck is a bit too glossy, but nothing a bridge replacement and a sanding down can't fix

I know you just baitin but I've found keys and drums alot easier than guitars. Still guitar that I play most tho. Then of course it differs between people

They're just borrowed or rented

yeah, guess I gotta do that thanks. really sucks cause it sounds great when it's going pretty loud

I dunno man, my chinese SX is "custom handmade," that sounds a lot better than handcrafted quality. I mean, it's custom. That's like, made just for me.

Cons: shitty break angle
Pros: the rest of it works

new bread

yo gguys, im having a problem - i feel i can come up with a good riff, but i struggle to make up any fitting parts after that. been like this for a while now and it's getting on my nerves.
anyone else has the same issue and know a way to deal with it?

no worries. Alternatively you could try and arrange a time with your neighbours that you're cool to play. I'm sure there's laws about when you can make louder noises and when you cannot.

Do you know what chords your riffs are based on?

basically me but i still play with friends occasionally

These two desu

check out my new 1997 pacifica 112

resized pic