Does anyone outside the USA care about rap? Or is it like country and a very American thing?

Does anyone outside the USA care about rap? Or is it like country and a very American thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F3ifsQOFiPw
time.com/3697123/music-genres-around-the-world-grammy-awards/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Of course at least in my country a lot of people listen to US rap.

Yeah but usually they're slightly more interested in their local scene

They care about rap but very few actually appreciate it as music, most are just interested in what stupid shit gucci mane can spout in his next song or how moronic trap-rap is. People usually see through the rappers without skill and mostly praise producers who are the actual musicians in the rap game

Only teens and young adults, and mostly about trap and cloud rap

fucking everyone i know digs dolly parton my man

...I meant in my country

I liked Kanye when he wasn't all about "muh niggaz", I couldn't care less about that. And I thought Kendricks GKMC was good but TPAB extremely boring. Other than that I don't listen to any hip hop and no one I know does

who could hate this

youtube.com/watch?v=F3ifsQOFiPw

its literally the most popular genre in the world. there was some spotify maps that showed the most popular songs and genres and shit. and hip hop was the most popular worldwide.

No one said not caring equals hating.

[citations needed]

>i dont know how to research anything because im an idiot

[brain needed]

Still waiting on your bullshit claims until proven otherwise, onus is on you.

>i dont know how to research anything because im an idiot

Nice of you to admit it.

this.

what happened here in spains was that the local scene got totally fucked up by the "nigga/gangsta rap" trend.
today, there is no local scene, the trend is over and the only ones listening to american rap are baddass teens and people training on gyms.

what are you joking?

it's pretty popular here in australia but most people only know the pop crossover hits, your average joe would have no idea who chief keef or young thug are, even people under 30

hime-samaaaaaaa ~

>I am talking bollocks and have no proof to back up my claim

Nice of you to admit it.

Britbong here.

I don't know anyone who listens to any rap apart from people everyone avoids at uni.

Its all bleeps and bloops here.

The best selling artist in the past twenty years is a rapper.

1. Eminem
2. Adele
3. The Beatles

Damn.

Spotify users=|= everyone

We got plenty of "Jonnes", trying to ride skateboards on gravelroads and spraytag barns, going full on chav mode for your urban demographic music.

Not that guy but found a few maps. Not sure if they hold up though.

I'm in England and every person i know listens to hip hop, girls, guys and ages 18-34. It's much less of the auto tune trap rap though.

>not blues.
>not metal.
>not classical.

Clearer version
time.com/3697123/music-genres-around-the-world-grammy-awards/

I mean R&B counts as blues right? Also bear in mind that this is twitter so you have a select type of people.

yes, they also are related with grammy awards. so nobody will be asking about Vivaldi.
It just make me mad that lot of mainstream shit.

You know plebs then.

>so nobody will be asking about Vivaldi.
Good, because he's fucking awful. Nothing more embarrassing than kids who know nothing about classical trying to talk about it.

Most modern music is traced back to R&B really, then jazz, then cotton picking work songs

B-b-but muh hold music

Why is rap so widespread when it is complete garbage?

Is it so widespread BECAUSE it is garbage?
Sort of like big macs and call of duty? It is junk so simple that even the most simplistic commoners can consume it?

>Vivaldi
>classical

Hip hop is only big in US and UK.

Nice meme, you know that the phrase classical music has changed since Viennese classicism. Classical music =/= the Classical period.

Classical music = all arranged compositions before 1920 to people who don't listen to classical music.
>Nothing more embarrassing than kids who know nothing about classical trying to talk about it.

Rap is the ultimate cringe genre.

No, pretty much everyone uses that term nowadays. The only people who actually use the phrase 'Western Art Music' are insufferably academic and usually completely talentless. Nice try though.

where do you live? Atlantida? Mars? LMFAOOOOOOO

No ones listen to metal or indie rock, this os for faggots. Everyone loves hip-hop and hip-hop is the major influence on pop music and EDM today. Listen to the kids ayy lmao.

Hip-hop is the closest thing to High Music today.

maybe more people would appreciate it if white and black hip hop fans stopped trying to alienate white people from the genre

This is incorrect. Classical not only refers to the classical period, but is now used to cover everything up to and including Impressionism. After that, you get into contemporary movements. Classical vs contemporary is the line here, not romantic vs classical vs baroque.

I've played piano for 16 years so yeah. Classical is used those two different ways these days even by classical musicians.

Blues is another very American thing and not that special to begin with (it was pop music, once), and metal is more about being a subculture than a music genre and always has been. Classical actually requires a vested interest in music to appreciate.

bleeps and bloops >>>>>>>> memerap

Americans definitely like rap more than any other country, but it's still pretty popular in most other countries.

twitter's a nigger hotbed in america though, this is inherently biased

they love trap in South Africa, no joke

quite a lot of my east asian friends listen to some trap rap

well, i'd rather listen to incomprehensible modern mumble trap over today's shitty manufactured white pop music, not that I'd choose to listen to either
basically it's normies who have no investigative interest in any subject and therefore are only aware of what is marketed to them.

You can't ask an even more obscure question.
A lot of people care about rap, that's why it manages to survive even if all wannabe retards damage it more and more each every year.