ITT: illegitimate critisim

Arguments people use to why music is bad that immediately makes you disregard their opinion.

>it's boring
>the artist is white

>singer is tone-deaf

>it's too long

>it's dated

>it sounds weird
>this music is old
>the artist is black

>the artist is white

lol has anyone ever said this to your face or is it one of your paranoid white genocide fantasies

People on Cred Forums use it all the time.

>metal is for grown up people too

*People on Cred Forums use it sarcastically all the time

It's part of duh ebil SUH JEE DUBAU'S CONSPIRACY to kill ALL WHITE PEOPLE

Literally any white rapper is criticized like that

say hi to reddit!

I don't think anyones ever said that seriously. I have however, had Cred Forumsyps call Jazz "niggers playing randomly while high on heroin" and was being completely serious.

>"lol holds up spork"
Here on Cred Forums, nobody can discuss Frank Zappa, Captain Beefheart, or Ween without someone dismissing them as spork music.

>I don't think anyones ever said that seriously.
Yeah dude just ignore all the examples because you are pretending like it's "not serious"

People do use it seriously. The Cred Forumsacks using the fact that jazz musicians are black are just as stupid as the other side. Talent has nothing to do with race.

>/r/thedonald is Cred Forums's subreddit for recruiting more stormniggers
>Calling ANYONE else reddit
kys

>all the examples
Like? Regardless I don't care. "The musician is white" is just as empty a criticism as "the musician is black".

>Like? Regardless I don't care. "The musician is white" is just as empty a criticism as "the musician is black".

I have. Some people have the notion that white music is inherently inauthentic and cheesy and only black people are capable of making ""real"" music, whatever that means.

I don't think that's really on the same level as "niggers playing randomly while high on heroin"

Like the worst criticism I've heard of a white artist is "cheesy" or "inauthentic"

Sounds very threatening

Like you criticize a rap album and you get responses like
>post ur chest white boy ur indie music corny i bet you don't like REAL rap like Future u fukin white boy id beat ur ass irl whitey

We're not fucking discussing how triggering the words being used as critisism are. We are discussing how bad arguments they are.

Oh okay

It seems kinda like bait to start a thread complaining about "he's white" as criticism while leaving comparable "he's black" / "he's gay" / "she's female" arguments out, though

They don't really mean it, it's the internet, grow some thicker skin just like all those pussy minorities :)

The OP using "the musician is white", as an example of empty criticism implies he thinks that "the musician is X race that isn't white" is a legitimate criticism, or else he would've wrote "the musician is X race" is empty criticism. He's probably just baiting though.

exactly.

I'm OP and I think those arguments are just as dumb, but they aren't used as often.

>dated
>over produced
(these two work but you need to explain way)
>pretentious
>"poseurcore"
>meme

...out of all the things you could complain about

See

Wait wait wait, you're saying that white people should just suck it up but racism against other groups is a horrible thing?

wew laddy
>The OP using "the musician is white", as an example of empty criticism implies he thinks that "the musician is X race that isn't white" is a legitimate criticism, or else he would've wrote "the musician is X race" is empty criticism. He's probably just baiting though.
No he doesn't. Go back to plebbit with this shit.

>missed the joke

At least where I'm from, I don't hear those arguments nearly as often. Most white people here are practically tripping over themselves to be open-minded and shit.

Then you should just use "the musician is X race" as the empty criticism, considering we share a website with Stormnigger central.

>le leddit meme
There was a thread earlier about why "white music is always superior to black music" and there was just a thread started about recs for "non degenerate nigger music". "It's made by niggers" is a common criticism on this site, moreso than "it's made by white people".

God forbid people post stupid stuff on the internet. Most of those threads and comments are bait anyway.

I never see that being used as an argument, and if it is, Cred Forums mosly rightfully tell those people to fuck off. Then we can have an entire thread about "musicians only white people listen to" as if that was a bad thing.

>too hipster
>pretentious

>muh music theory
>do you play an instrument?

these:
also:
>When do the words start?/Music is boring when it's absent of traditional vocal delivery.

>it's just the same thing being played over and over again

>singer sounds gay

pretty much what happens when u try show Close to the Edge to any of your friends.

this, or gy!be (most post-rock for that matter)

Poo